• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class 4A

Started by 1-Adam-12, September 25, 2016, 05:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

With most conference seasons halfway or so over this is what seems to be shaking out:

West--Mena is tough once again, despite losing a lot of key players from last season.  The same could be said about Booneville.  Fountain Lake is a solid team and can't be overlooked.  Arkadelphia and Ashdown seem to be fighting it out for the #4 seed with Ashdown currently having the advantage.

Northwest--Shiloh obviously seems to be the best up there.  Berryville was cruising along until they stumbled against Huntsville.  The battle for 2, 3 and 4 appears to be a wide open one with those two schools, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Prairie Grove and West Fork all in the mix.

Central--From what I've heard SS Batesville and Lonoke are the two standouts.  I will get a look at Lonoke at Fountain Lake's tournament this weekend. Do not know much about the rest of them.  Is CAC underperforming?  It would seem like they should do better.  And what of Baptist Prep?

Northeast--Brookland and JB Westside are the two I keep hearing about.  Strong tradition there.  Looks like Pocahontas and Harrisburg may be a level below those two.  Like the Central, don't know a lot about this bunch.

I know some of the records could be deceptive due to the blended conferences.  Wonder if anyone could shed a little more light, especially regarding the Central and NE.

arkcrash

Northwest--Shiloh obviously seems to be the best up there.  Berryville was cruising along until they stumbled against Huntsville.  The battle for 2, 3 and 4 appears to be a wide open one with those two schools, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Prairie Grove and West Fork all in the mix.

Berryville plays at PR tomorrow night, should be a fun game to watch, and could go a long way in determining the 2nd overall seed. 
It's confusing that some teams have played 8 conference games, while others have only played 4.

arkcrash

1-Adam-12

Big one in 4AW tomorrow when Booneville hosts Mena.  Both teams are on a serious roll right now.

Mena won the first one fairly handily but playing in Booneville may make some difference.

1-Adam-12

Mena won the match 3-0.  Booneville had their chances to win the 2nd set (finished 30-28) and overall played pretty well the first 2 sets.

Still two pretty strong teams.

1-Adam-12

Lonoke won the Ft Lake tournament.  Booneville got two shots at them, played two close matches but couldn't get by them. 

We were down two starters and Lonoke had their full team there, but no excuses.  Had some mistakes at critical times.  Their #10 is a terrific athlete.

Going to get a look at a Huntsville team that appears to be getting hot at the right time at the Paris tournament next weekend.

arkcrash

4A
Conference tournaments:
4A Central: Oct 16-22, location TBA
4A NorthEast: Oct 16-22, location TBA
4A NorthWest: Oct 16-22, Location TBA
4A West: Oct 16-22, location Mena HS, Mena, AR
State tournament location: Lonoke HS, Lonoke, AR, Oct 25-27

Does anyone know the location of the 4A NorthWest conference tourney?  I know the Jr High is in Huntsville, is the High School the same?
Thanks

lbackmgr

4A NW Conference Tournament is in Pea Ridge

arkcrash

I think it's been covered, but how are the seedings for the District Tournament going to be determined? 
Would the Maxpreps standings for the 4A-NW be used?

School Name   *W-L-T   W-L-T
Shiloh Christian   13-0-0   20-13-0
Berryville            8-1-0   13-4-0
West Fork           11-2-0   13-4-0
Huntsville            7-2-0   17-12-1
Prairie Grove    10-4-0   14-6-0
Pea Ridge            7-3-0   13-10-0
Gravette            8-5-0   8-9-0
Lincoln            2-10-0   2-10-0
Gentry            2-10-0   3-15-0
* Denotes conference data.      

sevenof400

Arkcrash,

Each conference should (by now) have held a meeting to seed its teams for conference tournament play.  Finding the results of those meetings is not easy though...

1-Adam-12

October 16, 2016, 02:58:26 pm #10 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:06:20 pm by 1-Adam-12
4A West:

1. Mena
2. Booneville
3. Fountain Lake
4. Ashdown
5. Waldron
6. Malvern
7. Arkadelphia
8. Bauxite

The way the tournament bracket was set up Mena and Booneville have automatic bids to state.  The only question is who lands where.

Mena should easily take care of anything in the top bracket.  If Fountain Lake gets through at the bottom their match with Booneville will be a good one.  They have already played twice in tournaments, each team winning once.

If the Lady Cobras should get upset, Booneville has already beaten Arkadelphia twice, but have not played Malvern.

arkcrash

4A NW Seedings. 

1.Shiloh
2. Berryville
3. Hunstville
4. West Fork
5. Prairie Grove
6. Pea Ridge
7. Gravette
8. Gentry
9. Lincoln

1-Adam-12

Some results I've managed to find for the district tournaments tonight.

In the West Fountain Lake and Ashdown have joined Mena and Booneville in getting state tournament bids.  Booneville plays Ft Lake at 5, Mena vs Ashdown at 6:30.  (These times have been changed.)

Central:  Lonoke, SS Batesville, CAC and Baptist Prep will be the four representatives at state.  I believe this will be BP's first state tournament appearance.

Northwest: Shiloh and West Fork are the teams that have punched their ticket to state thus far.

1-Adam-12

West:  Fountain Lake beat Booneville in a tremendous 5-set match that it was a shame to see either lose.  The Lady Cobras play Mena on Thursday while Booneville takes on Ashdown in the 3/4 match.

Northwest:  Shiloh and Berryville are the finalists.  Huntsville and West Fork play for 3/4.

Central:  Lonoke will face CAC in the finals.  SS Batesville and Baptist Prep will be 3/4 in some order.

Northeast:  Westside and Brookland for all the marbles.  Pocahontas and Harrisburg will have the 3/4 seeds again in some order.

1-Adam-12

CAC beats Lonoke in 4 in the 4A Central final.  SS Batesville edges Baptist Prep in 5 in the 3/4 match.

Seedings from the Central for State:

1. CAC
2. Lonoke
3. SS Batesville
4. Baptist Prep

arkcrash

Northwest:  Shiloh and Berryville are the finalists.  Huntsville and West Fork play for 3/4.

If anyone is interested they can watch the live stream of tonight's games at
http://www.esenetworks.com/live-events.aspx?id=51330

1-Adam-12

October 20, 2016, 09:38:26 pm #16 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:18:26 pm by 1-Adam-12
West Seedings:

1 Mena
2 Ftn Lake
3 Booneville
4 Ashdown

NE Seedings:

1 JB Westside
2 Brookland
3 Pocahontas
4 Harrisburg

NW Seedings:

1 Shiloh