• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs El Dorado ESPNU @ 4:30

Started by smallybells, January 22, 2016, 02:45:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smallybells

I figured some might be interested to see Malik Monk and Daniel Gafford. Starts at 4:30 pm today.

RTF

smallybells

From what few clips I have seen online of Gafford he looks like a very good player in my opinion. I have seen a lot of Monk. I am excited to get to see a game I normally would not, then add a couch and a cold beverage, that puts it at the hilite of the day. I look for both teams to be amped up.

smallybells

From what I have seen so far Czar Perry is a salty player as well!

Razorback Red

January 22, 2016, 08:35:37 pm #4 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:39:22 pm by Razorback Red
Great game by both teams, with Bentonville winning 80-59 (5 point game at half).  Gafford had a solid game with at least 15+ boards, but Monk played D on Perry all night and held him in check.  Monk started slow, but Bville got a nice lift from Asa H (nice to have him back in lineup after injury).  ED swarmed Monk all night, but he finally got hot toward the end of the 3Q and finished with game high 29.  Malik showed off his complete game tonight skying for rebounds, running the point and playing shut-down D.  Even on a night he wasn't in the zone shooting, he still impacted the game on about every possession. 

As a Hog fan, I really hope Gafford hits the weights hard his Sr. year and puts on 15-20 lbs.  He is long, but would be nice to see him get stronger. 

The atmosphere was great tonight with ESPNU in the house.  It was standing-room only, and both Elite players represented AR very well on national TV. 

OB11

Gafford looks like a really good get for Arkansas.  I was impressed with his free throw shooting for being a big guy.  One more year of refinement and gaining some weight will do him some good. 

smallybells

Quote from: Razorback Red on January 22, 2016, 08:35:37 pm
Great game by both teams, with Bentonville winning 80-59 (5 point game at half).  Gafford had a solid game with at least 15+ boards, but Monk played D on Perry all night and held him in check.  Monk started slow, but Bville got a nice lift from Asa H (nice to have him back in lineup after injury).  ED swarmed Monk all night, but he finally got hot toward the end of the 3Q and finished with game high 29.  Malik showed off his complete game tonight skying for rebounds, running the point and playing shut-down D.  Even on a night he wasn't in the zone shooting, he still impacted the game on about every possession. 

As a Hog fan, I really hope Gafford hits the weights hard his Sr. year and puts on 15-20 lbs.  He is long, but would be nice to see him get stronger. 

Im with you on that. I see the workings of a quality big man out of Gafford with some work. Monk was just being Monk, the kid is gifted.

The atmosphere was great tonight with ESPNU in the house.  It was standing-room only, and both Elite players represented AR very well on national TV. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas