• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Tournament sites

Started by ballmember, November 30, 2015, 10:39:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Any ideas where state tourney will be held and who will apply? 

ricepig

My guess is LH will want to show off their new arena, but it's just a guess.

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2015, 01:14:47 pm
Hmm didn't know they got a new one! I need to check that out...Ricepig I saw somewhere recently that we play you guys in bball in a couple of weeks?

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on November 30, 2015, 06:54:25 pm
Hmm didn't know they got a new one! I need to check that out...Ricepig I saw somewhere recently that we play you guys in bball in a couple of weeks?

That I don't know, unless we are matched up in the Arkansas Challenge on the 19th.

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2015, 07:37:44 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on November 30, 2015, 06:54:25 pm

That I don't know, unless we are matched up in the Arkansas Challenge on the 19th.
Just asked someone close to the program, it is indeed that tournament! Looking forward to that...just google searched LH arena.....very jealous....beautiful place...would be surprised if they didn't host!

3 Dollar

Any word yet?  Who put in for what?  Deadline was yesterday!

BHS1989

LH arena is first class!! Daughters Jr. High team played in last month, and they hadn't put up the video boards over the floor yet.

3 Dollar

Maybe if someone would just start posting a list of bids, it would start up arguments and then someone like Woodpecker would post the actual bids on here!

ricepig

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 08, 2016, 12:59:58 pm
Maybe if someone would just start posting a list of bids, it would start up arguments and then someone like Woodpecker would post the actual bids on here!

Since they don't vote on them until next Thursday, how would anyone outside the AAA have seen all of them?

3 Dollar

BASKETBALL
Region, February 24-27
Class 4A
North: Clinton. Lincoln, Prairie Grove
South: Dumas, Malvern, Nashville
East: Riverview
Class 3A
Region 1: Lavaca. West Fork
Region 2: Cedar Ridge, Jessieville
Region 3: Bergman, Hoxie, Yellville-Summit
Region 4: Centerpoint, Drew Central, Smackover
Class 2A
North: Sloan-Hendrix
South: Lafayette County, Parkers Chapel
East: Carlisle, Hazen, Magnet Cove
West: Eureka Springs, Quitman
Class 1A
Region 1: Alpena, County Line
Region 2: Bay, Calico Rock
Region 3: Mount Vernon-Enola, West Side Greers Ferry
Region 4: Caddo Hills, Trinity Christian

State, March 1-5
Class 7A: Cabot
Class 6A: Lake Hamilton, Russellville
Class 5A: HS Lakeside/Hot Springs, Valley View
Class 4A: Lincoln, Malvern, Riverview
Class 3A: Jessieville, Valley Springs
Class 2A: Marmaduke
Class 1A: Izard County, West Side Greers Ferry

HorseFeathers

P.F.G.

I was hoping alma would bid this year since it's our last time in the 6A but Russellville has a great facility.

razorsharp94

Russellville's facility is nice but it isn't alma's

Steve Perry 2.11

It might as well be in Compton.

Anything outside of The Palace is second rate.

Central Ark

Alma may be behind Lake Hamilton now when it comes to arenas

AT

Quote from: Central Ark on January 25, 2016, 10:30:12 pm
Alma may be behind Lake Hamilton now when it comes to arenas

No we win.

But in all reality, I still think Alma is better just for being 8 years ahead and it's basically the same design.

Central Ark

Never been to Alma's gym. So don't hate me. People who I've talked to that's been to both, say Hamilton's is ahead of Alma. However, it's like 1a and 1b. Both great arenas

ricepig

I hear Alma has a nice 5A sized arena.

Steve Perry 2.11

Lake Hamilton..It's like Alma's auxillary gym for P.E.

Alma has probably one of the nicest, if not the nicest, high school "arenas" in the nation.

Trying to compare Lake Hamilton to Alma is like, .....well,  trying to compare Lake Hamilton to Alma.

There's only one Alma.

AT

maxswine

Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 15, 2016, 12:00:54 pm
Russellville's facility is nice but it isn't alma's

What is the difference in the two?

WPWells

Besides the fact that Alma's is better?

Steve Perry 2.11

Central Ark

What about Alma's sets it apart from Hamilton or Russellville

ricepig

maxswine

Okay, I was being serious.  I've been to Alma's twice.  It's really nice but rather dark for me.  The video board is not as nice as what is at Siloam.  It's got a lot of space.  I'll probably take in a game at Russellville next week.

AT

The dark effect keeps the lighting on the court and the focus on the players. Purposefully made like that. I think it's awesome.

AT

It's not really that it's 10 times better than LH's and Russellville's. I mean they had 8 years to catch up. One could argue that the promenade leading into it, the hospitality room that over looks the court through a glass window, the fact that with all that seating you still get a lot of leg room, and the concourse area around the top just looks better than those other two arenas, are what puts Alma over the top.

The scoreboard is actually better than the other ones too in my opinion.

I personally like the lighting, although I do think it's an acquired taste.

All these other schools come to Alma and get their idea on how to build their arena for a reason.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 30, 2016, 10:50:55 am
It's not really that it's 10 times better than LH's and Russellville's. I mean they had 8 years to catch up. One could argue that the promenade leading into it, the hospitality room that over looks the court through a glass window, the fact that with all that seating you still get a lot of leg room, and the concourse area around the top just looks better than those other two arenas, are what puts Alma over the top.

The scoreboard is actually better than the other ones too in my opinion.

I personally like the lighting, although I do think it's an acquired taste.

All these other schools come to Alma and get their idea on how to build their arena for a reason.
So where did Alma get their idea from? Or wait, their idea is totally originally. Basketball starts and ends in Alma!!!

sportsguy80

By the way, I remember when basketball was even thought about in Alma. It was all about football.

AT

Alma invented basketball through Luke Folkerts. I'm guessing they got the idea from him.

AT

Quote from: sportsguy80 on January 30, 2016, 01:42:17 pm
By the way, I remember when basketball was even thought about in Alma. It was all about football.

Most of us do.

Central Ark

Can we agree they are all great arenas and are great for 6a basketball?

itsslim

January 31, 2016, 08:34:11 am #34 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:27:08 am by itsslim
I agree. I enjoyed Siloam Springs arena at the state tourney last year, saw pics of Lake Hamilton arena, look forward to going there in a couple of weeks, watch Alma basketball games live online, and will be in Russellville forthe state tourney this year.  Its not a competition, guarantee the kids that actually play in the arenas dont argue back and forth about who has the best arena. I think they are all great places to play high school basketball, Arkansas is moving up, lets come together and continue moving forward. We all are Arkansans!!

AT

You sound like a presidential candidate, slim.

itsslim

maxswine

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 30, 2016, 10:50:55 amthe hospitality room that over looks the court through a glass window

My cousin in law, who is a media guy, says the only thing they ever have in there is coffee.  But he does say that at football games the Alma hospitality food is second to none.

WPWells

They probably don't do food unless it's a tournament as per the norm

maxswine

Yeah, I figured.  But he says that Bryant, Russellville, and Greenwood feed the media in basketball in the regular season.

I'm going to watch Alma-Russellville this Friday.  I'm looking forward to it.  Was going to go to Lake Hamilton this week, but I think they aren't home until next week.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: maxswine on January 31, 2016, 10:31:02 pm
Yeah, I figured.  But he says that Bryant, Russellville, and Greenwood feed the media in basketball in the regular season.

I'm going to watch Alma-Russellville this Friday.  I'm looking forward to it.  Was going to go to Lake Hamilton this week, but I think they aren't home until next week.

Is that at alma or russellville?

AT

Quote from: HF on January 31, 2016, 10:33:54 pm
Quote from: maxswine on January 31, 2016, 10:31:02 pm

Is that at alma or russellville?

Russellville.

Valleysports

Good Lord that Russellville Facility is nice!  The new smell has faded from Alma's gym, which is like a nice used car.  Do hope Alma enjoyed last night and will come back to the state tournament, maybe help out with the hospitality room, parking, concession stands, we'll find something.  ;D

maxswine

Russellville's facility is nice.  It's not a step down from Alma's like eluded to earlier in this thread.  The video on all four sides of the scoreboard is pretty cool.  Parking is better and it's not a long walk once you get in.  They do have an elevator if you don't want to take the stairs.  I think it's going to be a great place to have a state tournament. 

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to visit Lake Hamilton soon.

Valleysports

Since there hasn't been any feedback on Russellville's new facilities, I reckon the cat got Alma's tongue?  ;D

itsslim

Lake Hamilton has to be the finest arena in Arkansas high school basketball. I worked the 6a tourney in russsellville this past year. Nice but I believe lake Hamilton wins hands down. Siloam springs is nice, but it's no lake Hamilton!!

AT

Quote from: itsslim on October 05, 2016, 11:46:53 am
Lake Hamilton has to be the finest arena in Arkansas high school basketball. I worked the 6a tourney in russsellville this past year. Nice but I believe lake Hamilton wins hands down. Siloam springs is nice, but it's no lake Hamilton!!

You need to visit Alma's sometime. Even more impressive that Alma built theirs about 8 years before those other teams.

godeep

It is no way LH is better than Alma.  No disrespect to LH but Alma is on another level.

itsslim

Yea I saw alma's arena while watching a live stream game. I definitely want to see it in person. If it's better than LH, all I can say is wow!!!!

P.F.G.

I've seen LH earlier this year. The weight room, film room and view over the football field is cool. I'd still say I like alma's arena better. I'm used to the darker arena now. LH's video boards are nice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas