• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hurricane Classic Bracket

Started by bdog32, November 09, 2015, 05:16:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdog32

When will we see a bracket for this?  Who all is in it this year?

ricepig

I'll try to find something on it this week.

Razorback Red

Is the Hurricane Classic the same as the Natural State shootout?  I know Bville is playing at Jonesboro in the Natural state shootout, but I cannot locate any info on this event. 

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2015, 09:19:02 pm
Is the Hurricane Classic the same as the Natural State shootout?  I know Bville is playing at Jonesboro in the Natural state shootout, but I cannot locate any info on this event.

Nope, this is our annual tournament that will be played the weekend before the shot out. Too bad Jason wouldn't play us on our home court, haha, but there will be a lot of people in NEA wanting to watch Malik.

Head Lion

Razorback Red

Rice,
Who are the top 6A teams this year?  I assume Jonesboro, ED and Parkview.  Who else will be in the mix?

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 12, 2015, 08:50:32 pm
Rice,
Who are the top 6A teams this year?  I assume Jonesboro, ED and Parkview.  Who else will be in the mix?

Well, PB won the championship last year, so I guess you can't leave them out or Benton.

Dragon77

JHS, Pine Bluff, and Bryant, scrimmaged today. Each game was one half. JHS played Bryant first ,and won by 12-14 points. They played Pine Bluff immediately afterwards, and won by 3 or 4 points. I did not stay for the Bryant-Pine Bluff game. They were all a little rusty, and I imagine they all had players out due to football, but it was fun to watch.             

OB11

I have the bracket for this but have no idea how to attach it...

Silky Johnson

Maybe check out attachments and other options when you try to reply to a post

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 17, 2015, 09:21:26 pm
Maybe check out attachments and other options when you try to reply to a post
[/quote
Cant show the bracket but here are the first nights games and times:
Forrest City plays Cedar Ridge at 4
GCT plays Har-ber at 5:30
Jonesboro plays Clarksville at 7
Bay plays Valley View at 8:30

pioneers

Idk if any of these first round games will be much of games.
Forrest city will take care of cedar pretty easily
Har ber will beat tech
Jonesboro should take care of Clarksville
VV will beat bay.

ricepig

OB11

Sounds like Reaves is going off.  Last I heard he had 66 points going into double OT.

Silky Johnson

He's got 72 in triple OT. It's tied at 112 now

WPWells

Silky Johnson

Cr won 117-115 in 3OT Reaves had 73.

BigMan15

Dang that's crazy got any stats like shooting percentage three point percentage and what was the score each quarter   is Forrest City good!!!
Congrats to u guys and massive game Reeves. Safe to say he is the best player in 3A.

Ctucker

I would say they are pretty good they made it to the championship of the ruble on the ridge tournament.

godeep

Just heard it was highest scoring game in Arkansas High School history.

ricepig

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 03, 2015, 06:13:05 pm
Dang that's crazy got any stats like shooting percentage three point percentage and what was the score each quarter   is Forrest City good!!!
Congrats to u guys and massive game Reeves. Safe to say he is the best player in 3A.

I think 34/37 at the free throw line helped. I believe I read he only had 2 3pts, while Gasper hit 9.

pioneers

Reaves isn't a 3 point shooter. He attacks the rim and does a lot of pull up Jumpers. The paper said Reaves had 2 threes, 15 2's and 34/37 from free throw line. But that only adds to 70.

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on December 04, 2015, 10:37:36 am
Reaves isn't a 3 point shooter. He attacks the rim and does a lot of pull up Jumpers. The paper said Reaves had 2 threes, 15 2's and 34/37 from free throw line. But that only adds to 70.

Maybe they didn't win??? I remember one time I was keeping the book for a Wings AAU game at J'boro, there wasn't a lot of D played, so it was hard to keep up. After the game people/parents were asking how many did XYZ score, how many FT's? I'm not sure the book and scoreboard were the same, lol, and I didn't really care on a 30pts blow out.

OB11

Quote from: pioneers on December 04, 2015, 10:37:36 am

That may have just been in regulation.

WPWells

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2015, 12:00:15 pm
I saw 3 3s
I must've read it wrong it the poet I read was a typo. Probably the first of the 2.

ricepig

December 04, 2015, 12:30:46 pm #27 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:07:40 pm by ricepig
Quote from: pioneers on December 04, 2015, 12:19:48 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2015, 12:00:15 pm
I saw 3 3s
I must've read it wrong it the poet I read was a typo. Probably the first of the 2.

I thought that's what the Sun had, but it's not in front of me, either way, lots of points!

Edit: it did say 3 3pts.

Radiotalker

what were the results of the other games?

ricepig

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 04, 2015, 01:20:29 pm

Jonesboro 70 Clarksville 40
VV 64 Bay 52??
Har-Ber beat GCT 65-33 I think.

Radiotalker

Quote from: ricepig on December 04, 2015, 01:34:28 pm
Quote from: Radiotalker on December 04, 2015, 01:20:29 pm

Jonesboro 70 Clarksville 40
VV 64 Bay 52??
Har-Ber beat GCT 65-33 I think.

Thanks!

Mr. Trill

Hate that Earle isn't in it this year. Around this time they are not so good until football season is over.

OB11

Anyone have scores from tonight?

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on December 04, 2015, 10:05:42 pm
Bay 75-31 over Clarksville and Jhs beat VV 59-55 vv was ahead all night until 1min left and jhs took the lead.

OB11

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on December 04, 2015, 10:12:48 pm
Bay 75-31 over Clarksville and Jhs beat VV 59-55 vv was ahead all night until 1min left and jhs took the lead.

Is VV that good?  Or is Jonesboro not that good? (I know they are good, just didn't know how to put it without making is sound like I was discounting how close VV kept it.)  No offense to VV but I figured Jonesboro would handle them pretty easily tonight. 

Silky Johnson

That's why they play the game. VV is good and can play with many teams, they barely lost to 7a Har-Ber earlier this season. They just turned the ball over too much at the end and JHS got momentum to hit some big shots. Jonesboro is good and defends their home court and is a top 5 team athletically, maybe overall but it's early. They can't shoot that well but size, speed, scoring around the basket are their strengths. Also Jonesboro could have the most athletic and talented basketball student athletes in the state. The past couple years they've done it and this year is no different, Coach Swift can play 12-15 guys with no drop off it seems.

ricepig

Forrest City 76 GCT 57
Bay 75 Clarksville 31
JHS 59 VV 55
Har-Ber 61 Cedar Ridge 49

It will be a Jonesboro/Har-Ber finals.

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on December 04, 2015, 10:34:07 pm

Is VV that good?  Or is Jonesboro not that good? (I know they are good, just didn't know how to put it without making is sound like I was discounting how close VV kept it.)  No offense to VV but I figured Jonesboro would handle them pretty easily tonight.

Jonesboro shot poorly, which I don't think will be normal, and it's VV's Super Bowl to try and win. Like last year at the beginning, they have to get accustomed to a new floor leader with the graduation of Pointer. I think their lack of depth with a big will hurt them later on with Salisu currently ineligible.

cannon

Quote from: ricepig on December 05, 2015, 06:07:01 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on December 04, 2015, 10:34:07 pm

Jonesboro shot poorly, which I don't think will be normal, and it's VV's Super Bowl to try and win. Like last year at the beginning, they have to get accustomed to a new floor leader with the graduation of Pointer. I think their lack of depth with a big will hurt them later on with Salisu currently ineligible.

Valley View probably IS that good, but they're not deep enough to go the distance with a super-athletic team like JHS. The turning point in that game was about halway through the third quarter when fouls became an issue for the bulk of the VV starters. The impact wasn't obvious on the scoreboard immediately, but that was only because JHS didn't capitalize on a number of gimme buckets. Once player fouls reached a level requiring extreme caution, the kids from VV gave up the physical edge in the game to a much more physical team. Add to that the fact that, while JHS's shooting was HORRIFIC throughout the first three quarters of the game, they knocked em down when they needed em, and you get a white knuckle win that would've been hard to predict coming out of the gate.

Let's face it, VV's kids were the only ones that thought they had a shot at anything short of a blowout. Hats off to em for defying the odds and hanging in as long as they did.

ricepig

Earlier action today:

Clarksville 62
GCT 43

Forrest City 79
Bay 71

ricepig

Nite cap:

VV 61
Cedar Ridge 60

Finals
JHS 52