• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri at Arkansas State

Started by Redwolves8526, September 11, 2015, 07:51:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dc24

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2015, 07:49:26 am
Things like this are why some Arkansas fans have grown to dislike ASU

I really don't care if Arkansas fans like or dislike me and Arkansas State.  There are plenty of reasons why some A-State fans dislike the Razorbacks and there are some legitimate reasons too, but I doubt you or many other Arkansas fans care about that.  No one has to like anyone and there are no rules that state that just because you're from Arkansas that you have to cheer for Arkansas or Arkansas State for that matter.

As for your list.  There are several things you have left out.  Michigan State traveled to Western Michigan this year.  Michigan has played Eastern Michigan in years past along with other Michigan schools.  LSU has played ULL and ULM in years past.  Texas has played Rice and other smaller Texas schools.  Ohio State has played Akron, Kent State, and Ohio in years past.  I'd go on, but I think you get the point.  Yes alot of those teams have a natural or conference rival, but many of them still play smaller in-state schools.

As for Arkansas State and Arkansas.  I'd like for the teams to play, but I don't put as much effort in it as I used to.  If it happens one day, great, if not, we've proven we can build a program on our own.

Moonshiner

OB11

Moonshiner

In Jonesboro or Springfield?  Didn't They put a guy in the pros this year?

WPWells

A-State should absolutely win this weekend

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2015, 01:20:44 pm
In the event that we lose to teams like Toledo or ULM, they don't get any direct bragging rights like ASU would. How would it benefit our recruiting if they could point at games where they beat us? That might help them catch up on in-state recruiting, and Arkansas HAS to get in-state recruits to have a chance to compete in the SEC
That's Arkansas problem the in state recruits don't stack up with in state recruits with lsu, Alabama, a&m and the rest of the southern states so Arkansas has to steal players from other states and that is a long shot to me this is why Arkansas struggles with QUALITY depth.

WPWells

Exactly, so why should we jeopardize our chances of losing even one player to ASU?

dc24

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 18, 2015, 12:54:41 pm
In Jonesboro or Springfield?  Didn't They put a guy in the pros this year?

Jonesboro.  Missouri State is FCS and there is rarely, and by that I mean almost never, any time a FBS school like Arkansas State will travel to a FCS school.

Missouri State has had a good program recently and has a handful of Arkansas kids on the roster, including a couple or maybe three from Camden Fairview.  I think they are going to struggle a bit, they have a new head coach who was Missouri's defensive coordinator for 14 years I think.  Knighten isn't playing for us so it's our backup QB James Tabary.  Will be interesting to see how he does and we lost two defensive starters for the year in last week's game.  We should win this game, but there is some cause for concern.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2015, 10:55:20 am

Delaware - Delaware and Delaware State (conference)

Incorrect. The Blue Hens are in the CAA, and the Hornets are in the MEAC. They finally started playing each other just a few years ago, they call it the Route One Rivalry.

Louisiana - LSU does not play an in-state D1 opponent this year (Why aren't they playing Louisiana Tech, ULL, or ULM?) ULL and ULM play, though, so I guess that counts for the sake of that post.

They play in-state schools most years. Last year they had ULM, and also in the past they've played ULL, Northwestern State, Tech, Tulane (for a traveling trophy, unless I'm mistaken), etc.

New Mexico - New Mexico and New Mexico State (conference)

Also incorrect. The Lobos are in the Mountain West, while NMSU is in the Sun Belt, although I believe they were conference opponents at one time.

North Dakota - North Dakota and North Dakota State (conference)

Again incorrect. UND is in the Big Sky, while NDSU is in the Missouri Valley.

Ohio - Ohio State does not play an in-state opponent this year (why don't they play Ohio or Miami?)

This actually surprises me a little, as they normally do play at least one in-state opponent, similar to LSU. Last year they had Cincy, 2012 they had Miami-OH, 2011 they had both Toledo and Akron, 2010 they had the Ohio Bobcats... You get the idea. They normally rotate them all, just not this year or 2013.

Vermont - Vermont does not play an in-state opponent this year

They also haven't had a football team since before I was born.

The only two such games where a power 5 team plays an in-state non-power 5 team are Penn State-Temple and Colorado-Colorado State. Both of these games have a long history which is something Arkansas and Arkansas State don't have. Now what's your argument?

That long history didn't exist the first time they played, did it? Our history would exist if they had played before now, doesn't history have to start somewhere? Again, every other state where it is applicable does this. If we could join the 20th century sometime soon, that would be great. If not, well, at least we're getting some good upcoming home games...

True Believer

Wow!!!   Love the win over MS tonight!

Good job team!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2015, 01:20:44 pm
In the event that we lose to teams like Toledo or ULM, they don't get any direct bragging rights like ASU would. How would it benefit our recruiting if they could point at games where they beat us? That might help them catch up on in-state recruiting, and Arkansas HAS to get in-state recruits to have a chance to compete in the SEC

You should go south of little rock sometime if you think losing to any Louisiana schook has no affect on arkansas....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas