• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle - A Sure Champ in 2014?

Started by DarielDaniel2013, March 03, 2013, 12:15:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DarielDaniel2013

Saw an article where Maumelle returns EVERY starter from a State Championship team. Are they unbeatable ?

IAFLAR7

In 1A/5A they are.
I believe the year after they lose a lot of seniors and move up to 6A/7A....that is when the fun starts....they have certainly done a fine job building their program....

DarielDaniel2013

WHY WOULD THEY MOVE UP?

DO THEY HAVE ANY WEAK WEIGHTS AT ALL?

IAFLAR7

Quote from: DarielDaniel2013 on March 03, 2013, 02:17:12 pm
WHY WOULD THEY MOVE UP?

Every 2 years they re-classify based on current enrollment numbers. Since Oak Grove was shut down and Maumelle was opened their enrollment has increased. I believe they expect this trend to continue.

They should be OK in wrestling but football will be a different story............

OGHSSupporter

Quote from: DarielDaniel2013 on March 03, 2013, 02:17:12 pm
WHY WOULD THEY MOVE UP?

This past season the weak weights were 182, where the starter got a scholarship to Missouri Military Academy, but will be back at Maumelle for his senior year and the second hurt his shoulder playing football.  At 220, after Christmas Break, mom showed up to school without even telling anyone and transfered to another school.  Besides that the Hornets had 12 medalists and 10 in the top three (All-State), and four individual state champions.  Next year look pretty good for Maumelle.  Oh and by the way, I heard today that Maumelle may only move up to 5A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas