• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Wrestling

Started by TTofGreenwood, March 16, 2012, 04:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TTofGreenwood

Just got approved by school, so look out Arkansas, Title Town is comin! ;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on March 16, 2012, 04:53:46 pm

Oh stop your drooling muttin. It is good to see you got wrestling though. Wish more schools had it.

DogsWin7

State Champs in Wrestling too.  Mark it down!  I said it now!

IAFLAR7

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 16, 2012, 07:42:47 pm
State Champs in Wrestling too.  Mark it down!  I said it now!
I like it!

Good for them.

It will be tough though the first couple years.

Do you think they will have good participation?

Who is their coach?

sevenof400

Quote from: InYoGrill on March 16, 2012, 07:02:16 pm

Oh stop your drooling muttin. It is good to see you got wrestling though. Wish more schools had it.

You know Grill, perhaps....one day...Greenwood might...emphasis MIGHT...be competitive in track. 

Nah!

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 06, 2012, 12:46:29 pm

You know Grill, perhaps....one day...Greenwood might...emphasis MIGHT...be competitive in track. 

Nah!

Oh, it's very possible.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 06, 2012, 12:55:05 pm

Nah!

Oh, it's very possible.

Slow down DhFBf........ ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on June 06, 2012, 02:02:20 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 06, 2012, 12:55:05 pm

Nah!

Oh, it's very possible.

Slow down DhFBf........ ;)

Well, with trap shooting, tennis, golf, bowling, volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball and of course football.....track is sure to follow.  Any word on Coach McElroys replacement?  he was a good coach hate to see him retire.

TTofGreenwood

December 05, 2012, 08:15:04 am #8 Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:16:57 am by TTofGreenwood
Dogs notch first W over Northside last night.  And so it begins!

http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/Uploads/Copy%20of%202012-13%20Schedule-Wrestling-1.pdf

IAFLAR7

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on December 05, 2012, 08:15:04 am
Dogs notch first W over Northside last night.  And so it begins!

http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/Uploads/Copy%20of%202012-13%20Schedule-Wrestling-1.pdf

Nice job for a first year team!
Do you have a preview of the team? Any former wrestlers? Move ins? What are your strong weights, etc.?

TTofGreenwood

Dogs beat Southside last night! Supposedly a big upset. Way to go DOGS!

IAFLAR7

Still waiting on a team preview - you have one?
How about match by match results from the Southside dual?
I know one weight they probably didn't win at..................145

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 13, 2012, 09:56:47 am

I do not. I'll try to get you some numbers.

47-34 was match result with Southside.

Greenwooddogpound.com has some info.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on December 13, 2012, 04:47:45 pm
Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 13, 2012, 09:56:47 am

I do not. I'll try to get you some numbers.

47-34 was match result with Southside.

Greenwooddogpound.com has some info.
Nice web site

Lions1995

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Lions1995 on December 14, 2012, 10:15:10 am
Who is Southside's 145?
I believe Isaac Smith....he was 43-2 last year and runner-up to Tyler Kurz (3x State Champ) at state tournament..
He may also be at 152 since Tyler Mann of Little Rock Central is going 160 this year......

fnu lnu

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on December 12, 2012, 04:37:02 pm

Easy there TT.  I am a big Greenwood fan in all sports but that doesn't make me a Kool aid drinker.  The caveat I have to throw out here is the Southside match was the first wrestling meet I have ever seen.  I'm definitely not the expert here but when we scored 18 points in our first three "matches" (was that the right term?) by running out to the center of the mat and having our hand raised by the referee (I assume this was because there was not an opponent to wrestle in that weight class) we definitely got a head start.  The first few matches of actual wrestling we got pinned pretty quick but I think it mostly evened out pretty quickly after that.  It seemed to me that a lot of the wrestlers for both teams were learning this sport, but that's great.  I got tickled when one SS wrestler struggled through his entire match and narrowly avoided getting pinned numerous times, when with about a minute left, behind in points, somehow managed to end up on top of the Greenwood wrestler and was able to use his weight long enough to get a pin. 

It looked like to this rookie observer that the SS wrestler might be new too.  He was being directed everywhere by both the SS and Greenwood coaches and the referee.  He was ready to wrestle following the win and appeared surprised when the referee reached in and raised his hand.  When he realized he had won, the look on his face was priceless.  I have no idea who that young man is but he has a new fan.  I hope his parents were present to see his big win. 

Greenwood wrestling, for a first year sport, had a lot of wrestlers, high interest, lot of fans, great atmosphere, and the renovated Rock Gym is a great (packed) setting for this sport.  Standing room only. 

Sorry, don't know the names but SS and Greenwood each had a wrestler (in different weight classes) that were obviously the real deal (even to this novice).  I would suspect the Greenwood wrestler is why Greenwood now has wrestling. 

Don't worry, TT, Greenwood will be smoking SS in wrestling legitimately in no time.   ;D

sevenof400

You'll know wrestling has arrived in Greenwood when TT broadcasts it.... ;D

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 15, 2012, 08:54:36 am
You'll know wrestling has arrived in Greenwood when TT broadcasts it.... ;D

+1  ;). Or wears one of those suits.... :-[

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: fnu lnu on December 14, 2012, 09:27:28 pm
Quote from: TTofGreenwood on December 12, 2012, 04:37:02 pm

Easy there TT.  I am a big Greenwood fan in all sports but that doesn't make me a Kool aid drinker.  The caveat I have to throw out here is the Southside match was the first wrestling meet I have ever seen.  I'm definitely not the expert here but when we scored 18 points in our first three "matches" (was that the right term?) by running out to the center of the mat and having our hand raised by the referee (I assume this was because there was not an opponent to wrestle in that weight class) we definitely got a head start.  The first few matches of actual wrestling we got pinned pretty quick but I think it mostly evened out pretty quickly after that.  It seemed to me that a lot of the wrestlers for both teams were learning this sport, but that's great.  I got tickled when one SS wrestler struggled through his entire match and narrowly avoided getting pinned numerous times, when with about a minute left, behind in points, somehow managed to end up on top of the Greenwood wrestler and was able to use his weight long enough to get a pin. 

So it was similar to football meeting, only enough players for half of matches....?

DogsWin7

Well is the season over?  Any updates etc?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas