• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husky

Getting tebow or espn the magazine is no small feat.  Unless I'm missing something, maybe that is normal.

apache_alum_90

November 24, 2011, 01:31:45 pm #101 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:35:26 pm by apache_alum_90
Maybe the administration thought that Tebow could pep them up better than the coach maybe Waldron can hire Tebow for their new coach!!!

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 24, 2011, 01:01:52 pm
Getting tebow or espn the magazine is no small feat.  Unless I'm missing something, maybe that is normal.
How do you think that makes you a better coach?

whippersnapper

Don't be jealous just cause the guy can sale a program. That's all he is doing, all you read about in newspapers and magazines are the Cinderella stories or programs that haven't a losing season in x amount of yrs. This guy has done the Cinderella story and it doesn't matter if it took Tim tebow or ESPN to do it. Don't say you as a coach wouldn't bring tebow in for a day if you had access to him. You would and know it. And Jeff weaver did the same thing at mena with Tyler Wilson. He brought Tyler in for one of his first spring practices and helped get the kids excited. Some can sale a program and if you say that isn't a part of todays game even in high school your crazy. That's why all the transfer rules now for private schools. 

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 24, 2011, 03:34:46 pm
Don't be jealous just cause the guy can sale a program. That's all he is doing, all you read about in newspapers and magazines are the Cinderella stories or programs that haven't a losing season in x amount of yrs. This guy has done the Cinderella story and it doesn't matter if it took Tim tebow or ESPN to do it. Don't say you as a coach wouldn't bring tebow in for a day if you had access to him. You would and know it. And Jeff weaver did the same thing at mena with Tyler Wilson. He brought Tyler in for one of his first spring practices and helped get the kids excited. Some can sale a program and if you say that isn't a part of todays game even in high school your crazy. That's why all the transfer rules now for private schools.
Did anyone say that isnt part of a program?  And do you think he should be hired bc he brought Tim Tebow in to talk to the kids?  Getting kids excited about playing football is a big part of the program... but thats also what Houston Nutt was good at.  How good of a coach is he at his level? 

husky

no, no one said he should be hired because of tim tebow.  Houston nutt was good at getting tim tebow to give pep talks.  that was his secret.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 25, 2011, 12:09:45 am
no, no one said he should be hired because of tim tebow.  Houston nutt was good at getting tim tebow to give pep talks.  that was his secret.
I always wondered that. 

Saint Fan1952

Having been an outsider to Arkansas, although I have lived here for many years I can honestly say that Arkansas has more passion for football than many states that are much larger.  Doesn't mean they will produce more D1 players, of course they won't that is all about the numbers.  However the focus here is football, being from NC, the focus is basketball and baseball with football being something to watch until basketball season starts.

High school football here is messed up at the top.  Small state but with a dozen or so huge schools that don't allow you to put together a really fair top level, hence we have 7 in a state where 5 is plenty of divisions.  You have at the top and even down through the ranks way too many teams making the playoffs so we can fill a 32 team bracket in levels with only 48 teams.

I have no idea if the poster who claims to coach in Colorado is real or not, if so he is showing a great lack of professionalism by entering into a discussion on a high school message board that is monitored by a number of administrators who could be looking for a coach.  Not exactly the right way to get a job interview.  As far as the quality of football in Colorado, let's me real, the only high school football that you really hear about nationwide is Florida, California and Texas with some other area sprinkled in from time to time.  Doesn't mean there aren't good players and teams elsewhere but how many people on the east coast know anything about Bentonville, except it is the home of WalMart. 

whippersnapper

dogdad07

No word at all. It would be nice to hear something a lot of people are anxious to know whats going on.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 08:08:57 pm
Quote from: loyal fan on November 15, 2011, 10:45:14 am
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 10:17:10 pm
Get your admin to go woo vince perrin away from mineral springs. He has a winning program there. He is young but not a kid. And he is at a 2-A school. So you know he would jump at a bigger program. I dont care anything about mineral good or bad. But have watched this guy. He is someone that would be a great fit in waldron.

Would be tough to convince Vince to leave MS.  Great situation there for a FB coach.  One of the best small school jobs in the state.

bigger school district = bigger paycheck.

That situation is not that good. Mineral should be a stepping stone for him. He would be foolish to look at it any other way. Nobody, unless your from there wants to stay there. The admin is shady. They turfed their feild but the town and the rest of the campus is a dump. Enrollment will sink them at some point. Its a dying town. There is writing on the wall mineral just refuses to read it.

He is a superb coach. And does have a pretty solid staff. I thought nashville should have looked at him after dawson. He could and will perform in a higher classification.

LOL.. Good Post.. Enrollment will get us sooner or later.. still waiting been hearing that for 15 years now,and you right who wouldn't want to Coach at a higher Classification you know its all about that mighty Dollar.

Bigbossman

Has there been growth or decline in the past 15yrs?

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 29, 2011, 09:24:09 pm
Has there been growth or decline in the past 15yrs?
Growth we added the bulldogs..(wink)

Bigbossman

loyal fan

Winning is fun.  Your not gonna get a guy like Perrin.  As long as Mineral has school they will win football games.  Just because its AA doesn't mean it isnt a great football town.  That place is Football Crazy.  Perrin seems to be a perfect fit. 

Bigbossman

yep 2a ball is fun.

Mineral has a good program, no doubt about that. I like every coach they have, im a fan of mule shoe.

Also a fan of vince. He seems to be happy down there.

You put a bigger paycheck in front of anybody and they will make a move.

loyal fan

Coach Venny Slocombe

Rumor has it that the Waldron School District has offered the AD and Head football job. $110,000.00 a year for 5 years and full control of the program...the new head coach at Waldron will be...should be announced in a few days... ;)

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 05, 2011, 10:55:15 am
Rumor has it that the Waldron School District has offered the AD and Head football job. $110,000.00 a year for 5 years and full control of the program...the new head coach at Waldron will be...should be announced in a few days... ;)
Did the youtube video work???

spoony luv

Wonder how venny would know if there wasn't a mansfield connection

Waldog

December 05, 2011, 02:21:49 pm #120 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:07:57 pm by Waldog
I don't know much, but I do know Waldron, ar won't be paying bentonville-like money for a head football coach

gitrdone

Oldbadger

Quote from: spoony luv on December 05, 2011, 12:24:06 pm
Wonder how venny would know if there wasn't a mansfield connection
I don't know about this but I heard that Coach Gill likes it at Mansfield and has a tremendous group coming up from junior high.  He may not be interested in the Waldron job because of this.

spoony luv

You heard wrong.  How could anyone like working at a place that is constantly trying to beat you down.  That school has done about everything possible to kill that program.  Not many coaches could take the screwing he has the last couple of years.

whippersnapper

Exactly otherwise he wouldn't apply for a different HC position every yr.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: spoony luv on December 08, 2011, 12:43:08 pm
You heard wrong.  How could anyone like working at a place that is constantly trying to beat you down.  That school has done about everything possible to kill that program.  Not many coaches could take the screwing he has the last couple of years.
Spot on Spoony...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on December 08, 2011, 12:56:40 pm
Exactly otherwise he wouldn't apply for a different HC position every yr.
This is not entirely true...I know for a fact that he has been ask to apply at several places, and has turned down three...

whippersnapper

Well still venny we all know the crap he's gone through ...lol ive enjoyed the games between mena and Mansfield the last 2 yrs. A spread offense vs a spiltback Veer which you dont see much anymore. I think gill would have to be one of the top choices to try and grab for the Waldron job. He's a proven winner. I think him and may from bville are the top 2 to try and grab. I could be totally wrong but thats just my opinion.

ATU

I think the off Cord. from Charleston is the front runner.

OklahomaStateCowboys

Gill does make a good case, but the players wont ralley behind them after what all he has said about them. and i think when they do hire a new coach they shouldnt handcuff him they need to let him make his own coaching staff and get rid of everyone besides warrington. Hes the only coach that coaches and doesnt play favoritism and wants to coach the boys. they do need a young coach, one with fire to bring the team back alive. when coach bates was at waldron we responded well to him and the same with coach walker at booneville now. the only thing is that they didnt get to stay long. Im a former player and wish the best for the program and thats why i think we need someone that is young and energetic that has proven himself as a coach and someone that isnt affraid to play do break away from this high fly offence and run the ball bc we dont have the speed and numbers to play that way.

loyal fan

Shane Davis from Strong may need to be looked at?

whippersnapper

No offense against coach Davis and his staff but Kenneth Dixon and the gatson player will make any coach look real good. And make their job a lot easier.

bulldog60

Not sure what Waldron is going to do here.  Looking forward to a change no matter who they hire.  I hate the bashing of the other coaches on the staff.  I dont know anything about them but kinda hard to go after guys that answer to a head coach.  As far has High Fly offense, I went to two football games this past season and I saw a lot more running the ball then throwing.  I am a firm believe that it doesnt matter what offense you run if the players wont buy into it.  It all comes down to the leader and if they arent buying what he is selling then they wont put the time in to execute anything.  I surely hope they can get something done and not drag it out. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: OklahomaStateCowboys on December 10, 2011, 07:40:39 pm
Gill does make a good case, but the players wont ralley behind them after what all he has said about them. and i think when they do hire a new coach they shouldnt handcuff him they need to let him make his own coaching staff and get rid of everyone besides warrington. Hes the only coach that coaches and doesnt play favoritism and wants to coach the boys. they do need a young coach, one with fire to bring the team back alive. when coach bates was at waldron we responded well to him and the same with coach walker at booneville now. the only thing is that they didnt get to stay long. Im a former player and wish the best for the program and thats why i think we need someone that is young and energetic that has proven himself as a coach and someone that isnt affraid to play do break away from this high fly offence and run the ball bc we dont have the speed and numbers to play that way.
What? None of this makes sense...

ATU

Venny, look at his name OSU cowboys that right there should tell it don't make any sence.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ATU on December 11, 2011, 07:40:20 pm
Venny, look at his name OSU cowboys that right there should tell it don't make any sence.
lol...

spoony luv

Charleston OC would be a great hire.  He does a very good job

whippersnapper

Kendrick almost got the ozark job.

spoony luv

He was offered and the next day they crawfished on him.

hillbilly

GoodBetterBetz

I'm late to the party but have been told by many to check out this thread and it didn't disappoint! After that rehearsed pregame speech, lol, (thanks for the laughs by the way), I'm gonna watch Braveheart continuously until Waldron hires a new head coach! "Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!"

By the way I'll post some pictures of the new stadium and facilities tomorrow!

SteelHog

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 23, 2011, 10:21:45 pm
Quote from: husky on November 23, 2011, 07:07:12 pm
What u mean that was 3rd take.

Yeah, we beat our rival for 1st time in 12 years.

I guess I should've posted Tebows pep talk to the team, that would've been acceptable.
How would that impress people and make them want you to come coach at their school???
Looks like somebody liked the videos. http://www.gazettepreps.com/articles/doherty-5013-program-four.html

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: SteelHog on December 14, 2011, 09:48:01 am
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 23, 2011, 10:21:45 pm
Quote from: husky on November 23, 2011, 07:07:12 pm
What u mean that was 3rd take.

Yeah, we beat our rival for 1st time in 12 years.

I guess I should've posted Tebows pep talk to the team, that would've been acceptable.
How would that impress people and make them want you to come coach at their school???
Looks like somebody liked the videos. http://www.gazettepreps.com/articles/doherty-5013-program-four.html
He showed he could win by his on-field actions... still think it was a hick move to put videos up on a message board.

spoony luv

Luck for him administrators don't look at Fearless Friday in Colorado

Bigbossman

If waldrons admin moves quickly they could maybe. Grab tim perry. Former CAC, and until yesterday HC at nashville. Hire tim and your program steps to the level it should be.

DogsWin7

December 21, 2011, 09:18:19 am #145 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:42:22 pm by DogsWin7
     ;D

dogdad07

Still no word. I have heard that there are a lot of applicants. Not even sure if they have interviewed anyone yet. Very frustrating for the community.

DogsWin7

December 27, 2011, 07:02:37 pm #147 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:42:48 pm by DogsWin7
 :)

GoodBetterBetz

Just wondering if you've heard anything, since obviously it's been more than a few days since your projection? Or did you just have bad info?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on December 28, 2011, 01:12:09 am

Just wondering if you've heard anything, since obviously it's been more than a few days since your projection? Or did you just have bad info?
That was a joke...but this next piece of info isn't...
Waldron has their coach and will announce it in a few days...and it is gonna blow everyones mind. I can't even begin to imagine what they had to shell out to get this coach. All I have to say is kudos to the Waldron School District for stepping up and finding a quality guy...and NO, it's not Perry...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas