• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas Thread

Started by gatecrasher, March 06, 2013, 04:02:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DPaul

It's all good. We'll just take on small 5A schools here since we can't get any action. This probably shouldn't bother me too much but the difficulty Trinity has filling out a schedule is frustrating to me. I've never seen or heard of a team getting dodged more.

Texas

Quote from: DPaul on February 16, 2014, 05:44:14 pm
It's all good. We'll just take on small 5A schools here since we can't get any action. This probably shouldn't bother me too much but the difficulty Trinity has filling out a schedule is frustrating to me. I've never seen or heard of a team getting dodged more.
Same here. I understand why Bennie and Jenks and Bellevue would not want to play us again. Been there done that. Bennie play us close. Jenks and Bellevue won. Nothing more to prove. Now worries.

What I do not understand is why teams in Texas refuse to play us. You would think an elite level team would want a game against another elite level team. It should be about preparing your team for the playoffs. Getting them battle tested. In which case Trinity fits the bill nicely. I would like to think we helped prepare Tyler Lee, John Curtis, Allen, Bingham, Shiloh Christian, Bellevue, Jenks and Bentonville. Those are all the teams Trinity has played in non-district (win or lose) that have gone on to win their states title that season.

Lions84

I am waiting to see how this all plays out.

OPoraquê

elswagado, DPaul, Texas,

Here's an amusing one.

Yesterday, Fort Bend Bush lost in a squeaker 60-58 to the current number one team in Texas (#8 in America according to Maxpreps), Galena Park North Shore.  Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but it looks like they finished in the Texas 5A "elite eight" (does the Region 1/3 winner play the Region 2/4 one next weekend?) or was it the "final four".  Nonetheless, Euless Trinity also finished in the top eight (of the toughest Texas classification and playoff division) last fall, barely losing to Texas #2/America #5 DeSoto which barely lost to Texas #1/America #2 Allen.

So in the 2013-2014 school year, Bennie football lost by 7 to one of the very best football teams in Texas, and beat by 5 points one of the very best basketball teams in Texas, each of which proved it could go toe-to-toe with THE best.

I'd wanted to see a Bennie/top team in Texas matchup, I got to see two of them, each in person.  Thanks for the memories, guys.

Texas

There are some really good basketball programs here. Most of the elite basketball schools do not have elite football teams. In fact, in many cases the football teams of the elite basketball schools are below average or just plain stink. With that being said, there are some 3A basketball teams that would dominate very good 5A teams. Trinity does not have a good basketball program, just an elite basketball player in Turner.

Lions84

I would love to see some 4A-3A teams come to Arlington or meet in Texarkana to play over Labor Day weekend.

OPoraquê

Quote from: Texas on March 03, 2014, 11:23:51 pm
There are some really good basketball programs here. Most of the elite basketball schools do not have elite football teams. In fact, in many cases the football teams of the elite basketball schools are below average or just plain stink. With that being said, there are some 3A basketball teams that would dominate very good 5A teams. Trinity does not have a good basketball program, just an elite basketball player in Turner.

And the final: Galena Park North Shore 57, Converse Judson 45.

This after GP North Shore beat DeSoto (in the semis, sound familiar?) by 3 points this week, after a back and forth squeaker of a game (FB B led with something like 2-3 minutes to go) against FB Bush.

Again, this 2013-14 school year I was able to see Bennie play not one but two top Texas 5A teams, football and basketball (and believe me...facing a top Texas 5A team was the LAST thing I wanted to see Bentonville basketball do as recently as a year ago).  If it happens again in the final two "pre-split years", cool.  If not, happy I got to personally see the Euless Trinity AND Fort Bend Bush games.

Again, thanks for the memories, guys.

Lions84

It is great for the fans to see out of state teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas