• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas Thread

Started by gatecrasher, March 06, 2013, 04:02:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

7AFBFAN

AirWarren, I think I understand but I don't see any more parity in 3A or 4A than I do in 7A. The top 4A teams will completely dismantle the bottom 4A teams from start to finish.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Baitshop on March 18, 2013, 09:56:22 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 18, 2013, 09:45:50 pm
In restaurants? maybe....... ;)   Greenwood would be a much better opponent.

Give 'em a call....we did, and they "couldn't fit us in"....

Hahahaha!   Thanks Guys for making me laugh today!  :)

AirWarren

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 19, 2013, 04:51:39 pm
AirWarren, I think I understand but I don't see any more parity in 3A or 4A than I do in 7A. The top 4A teams will completely dismantle the bottom 4A teams from start to finish.

Very true. That's why message boards are fun. Always an opinion and debate!

Billy ha! Always flattering yourself!

Texas

I'm from Euless. A Trinity Grad and season ticket holder.

Trinity is not on the same level as they were from 2004-2010. That being said, they are still better than 95+% of the 5A teams in Texas. Texas is very deep in quality teams. That is one of the things that sets Texas apart. Trinity is one of them. In 2010 Pearland was supposed to be beaten solidly by Trinity, but won by four points. A few plays here and there made the difference. That kind of thing does happen in Texas. In most states only one or two teams have a legit chance of winning the title. In Texas, though there are favorites, any number of teams can rise up and take the crown.

Trinity will be a bit of a mystery next season, having graduated a large number of key players. I have no doubt Trinity will field a solid team worthy of continuing their recent success. A championship? Time will tell. I wouldn't favor them. I'm reserving judgement. I'll try to make a few Spring practices, then scrimmages. Someone said they heard on another board, Trinity should be ranked #2 in Texas to start. I highly doubt that. Top Ten, yes. #2, no way. I can think of at least three teams off the top of my head that will surely be ranked higher. Probably more.

What will happen against Bentonville? I'm biased of course. I think Trinity will win. I am not into predicting scores. I seriously doubt it will be 80-something. The little Saints were outmatched in every possible way. They were playing in the greatest football stadium in the world, which is basically a second home for Trinity. They had a few big guys. But only a few who were going up against our massive lines. Most of their players were playing both ways. Trinity meanwhile, substituted liberally. That is common, not just for that game. Trinity is deep with size, speed and talent, so we rotate players. It is a tactical advantage we take full advantage of. There was no way Shiloh was ever gonna win or even stay competitive. The main reason they got destroyed by such a big margin, is their style of play. That team played no defense to speak of. It appeared their defensive strategy was to get off the field ASAP, so they could get their offense back on the field as quickly as possible. We obliged. That led to several two or three play scoring "drives". Otherwise it was five or six plays. Their offense was no huddle, spread, speed. They took as little time between plays as possible. That killed them against Trinity. Trinity outmanned them athletically, by a lot. The fact that they played so up tempo, meant they ran very little time off the clock between plays. In combination, with the quick scoring strikes by Trinity, it's no wonder it was 24-14 after 1Q, and 53-20 at the half. I think sometime around mid 3Q they finally wised up and started running more time off the clock.

I will say, Kiehl Frazier was one heck of a HS QB. If it wasn't for him, Shiloh wouldn't have scored at all. Dude was a stud. He made some incredible plays. Ran for his life most plays. Did get sacked several times, but kept plays alive to extend drives on multiple occasions as well. I still say he is by far the best QB Trinity played against that season.

Anyway, Bentonville will be much more suited to play against Trinity. I'm guessing they don't play a high speed spread passing game, so there is no way Trinity will score 80, or even close. Shoot, I bet Bentonville can actually play a little defense (or will at least make a legit effort, unlike Shiloh). I'm guessing Trinity wins by more than two TD's. Beyond that, I'll have to learn a lot more about the opponent. I'm not sure why some of you feel this should be a payback opportunity for AR HS football for the 2010 ET-SC game. The fact is, there is a handful of TX vs. AR games each season. Last season the series was 2-2. Besides, from what I remember, most people in AR "hate" Shiloh and were happy to see them lose, though they were shocked at the huge margin. Anyway, nothing personal on this end.

OPoraquê

QuoteTrinity is not on the same level as they were from 2004-2010. That being said, they are still better than 95+% of the 5A teams in Texas.

Texas, (love that nickname, not saying that sarcastically)

No one from Bentonville is thinking this will be payback for Shiloh.  Shiloh's seniors next school year were freshman in the ETHS/SCHS game of '10.  No wise person from Bentonville is penciling this as a "W", either.    There were, however, some of us who after watching BHS beat last season teams that were at one point #1 in Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi and Arkansas (with the latter beating us at season's end, just like the year before) thought that it's time for BHS to play a very good Texas team.  (We played a 7-4 Texas team with a Division I running/url] back and o-lineman in 2010 and dominated them, but Texarkana Texas High is to Euless Trinity as a Hostess Twinkie (takes my hat off in silence) is to a three-tiered wedding cake.)

It's the "pick on play someone your own size" principle, and we'll get to see it this September.  As said earlier, my aforementioned hat is off to the Bentonville Coach for scheduling both South Panola (MS) and you guys...SPHS finished #1 in the USA Today and Rivals polls where you guys started (and nearly finished).  He's really trying to get the best on the BHS schedule, and to do that he just needs to look south and southwest of the Red River.

Hope it's a great game for both teams.  BHS has some intriguing players coming back (a genuine DI TE, perhaps the state's best, plus two junior-to-be running back who combined for 11 TDs as sophs, which is significant for BHS), but they took some BIG losses to, especially at RB and on defense.

Texas

I agree. To grow, you must seek out better and better competition. There are very few instances where a truly good team would actually be "hurt" by playing and team equal to or better than they are. For us there is certainly plenty of quality competition to chose from in Texas. The problem we have had, is that apparently not a whole lot of Texas teams are interested in playing us in pre-district. Trinity is not alone in this. That's why Texas teams seek OOS games or even Mexican teams.  ::) For whatever reason, I think Coach Lineweaver feels that perhaps it will instill a sense of pride in his boys, to defend the honor of our state.  ??? I could have that completely wrong though.

OPoraquê

March 20, 2013, 03:37:31 pm #106 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:48:41 pm by OPoraquê
Then, welcome, Texas!

FYI, we sort of had a common opponent last year - Union High out of Tulsa, OK.  You beat them by 3(?) points in D/FW (that was a Texas sweep over Oklahoma, as DeSoto smashed Jenks from that area that same day).  We beat them by 3 at their place, but that was in the big preseason scrimmage that BHS has participated in the past four years.  I know we had some backups in (our two TDs were scored by one of the aforementioned RBs - hope he's healthy this season) as surely they did, also.  I know, though, that their coach likely wanted to win the game with us as much as he did the one vs. you.  Our score vs. them was something like 14-12 for a full half of play.

Wishing you a blessed spring/summer, and hope you have a great trip (except, of course, with the final score, same as you'd wish for me) to Bentonville should you make it.  This metro area isn't D/FW...more like the northern D/FW suburbs (or more appropriately, the northern Atlanta suburbs given our terrain up here) if God had reached down, uprooted them then cleanly deposited them and their inhabitants (without a downtown and the three quarters of suburbs to the west, east and south) on the mid-Boston Mountains.  There are a lot of places to stay and eat up here.

Texas

Thanks OP. I have been to NW AK several times. In fact I spent some time there this past summer. Specifically Springdale. I hope I get to go. We'll see if my work schedule allows. I'll make every effort to be there.

olddog79

Quote from: Texas on March 20, 2013, 04:10:41 pm
Thanks OP. I have been to NW AK several times. In fact I spent some time there this past summer. Specifically Springdale. I hope I get to go. We'll see if my work schedule allows. I'll make every effort to be there.
Now that's a football town! ;D      I hope you enjoyed your stay.

Billyo62

Quote from: olddog79 on March 20, 2013, 05:09:43 pm

Springhell used to be football town!  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: olddog79 on March 20, 2013, 05:09:43 pm

Didn't you mean futbol??

olddog79

Where's the "finger" icon when you need it? The others just don't express my feelings... ;)

Texas

So I hear the Bentonville stadium holds 6,000 or 7,000 depending on the source. That should be enough seating for our fans after a 6 hour road trip.  8) But, where are the home fans gonna sit?  ;D

TrinityTrojan

Just dropping in, hope no one minds. Our boys are really excited about making the trip to Bentonville for this game. BHS is a great program, and hopefully our Trojans can give the Tigers a competitive game. Lots of unknowns in Trojan Nation next year, so we will have to see how this all shakes out.

Anyways, hope yall don't mind me coming on the board. We have a forum similar to this at 5atexasfootball.com. Look forward to some friendly banter!

Billyo62

Quote from: TrinityTrojan on March 20, 2013, 07:01:18 pm
Just dropping in, hope no one minds. Our boys are really excited about making the trip to Bentonville for this game. BHS is a great program, and hopefully our Trojans can give the Tigers a competitive game. Lots of unknowns in Trojan Nation next year, so we will have to see how this all shakes out.

Anyways, hope yall don't mind me coming on the board. We have a forum similar to this at 5atexasfootball.com. Look forward to some friendly banter!

Welcome.. The board will heat up the closer we get to playing..  Have a good time on here, it's a good board.

TrinityTrojan

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 20, 2013, 07:17:49 pm
Quote from: TrinityTrojan on March 20, 2013, 07:01:18 pm

Welcome.. The board will heat up the closer we get to playing..  Have a good time on here, it's a good board.

No worries. I am sure once the game gets closer we will have a few questions as well about the area (where to eat, stay, visit, ect.).

One question....every time I post is it going to make me do that three question verification thing? The letters and one plus one equals ?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: TrinityTrojan on March 21, 2013, 09:46:22 am

No worries. I am sure once the game gets closer we will have a few questions as well about the area (where to eat, stay, visit, ect.).

One question....every time I post is it going to make me do that three question verification thing? The letters and one plus one equals ?

First part is easy. Eat at Emma Ruth's with two locations to serve you better! In Rainbow Curve in Bentonville, next to Sheraton Four Points and also in Ceneterton

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 21, 2013, 10:04:57 am

First part is easy. Eat at Emma Ruth's with two locations to serve you better! In Rainbow Curve in Bentonville, next to Sheraton Four Points and also in Ceneterton

^^^^SHAMELESS PLUG^^^^

mack

Dang,,, you starting an empire?

Billyo62

Where is Ceneterton?

mack

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 21, 2013, 12:04:58 pm

Where is Ceneterton?

Just a few kilometers from Benetonville I think,,,,,,

Billyo62

Quote from: mack on March 21, 2013, 12:06:44 pm

Where is Ceneterton?

Just a few kilometers from Benetonville I think,,,,,,

HA!  Exactly..

Billyo62

Any Bennie fans coming to KC for the Rockhurst game?  Let me know.

2bhsboys

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 21, 2013, 03:41:23 pm

I will be making the trip

mack

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 21, 2013, 03:41:23 pm

Heck,,, if earl is going, I might just make a road trip up there with him.  I've got good friends that live up there.

urhog

Quote from: Baitshop on March 18, 2013, 05:33:43 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 18, 2013, 11:42:46 am
Quote from: AirWarren on March 18, 2013, 10:28:03 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 17, 2013, 05:53:24 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on March 17, 2013, 05:42:59 pm
Sometimes one is all it takes...to be great, you have to win them all.

And who has done that in the 7A Lately?  I can name one school.  ;)

Fayetteville. The only thing I can say about the 7a is its a watered down conference. Outside of Bentonville and Fayetteville, that is it. Arkansas is too small to truly consider an anomaly school like bentonville to be king. The 7A central sucks. NLR has a glimmer of hope but can't put it together. Then there is the dinosaurs at Cabot, the baseball players at Bryant, and the underachieving Conway. The 7a has the biggest classes but the lowest amount of competition in the state. That's not their fault though. We are a SMALL state outside of NWA and central AR.

This will be a good gauge to see if they can compete with a real big boy TEXAS school. Where they play REAL big boy ball. IF Bentonville beats them, you will never hear me say a down thing about the 7a ever again. Until then, the 7A is the big fish in a little pond here in AR and the 7a is the little fish in the big pond of big time high school football.

Ready for this game!

Fayetteville has never won them ALL. In fact Fayetteville has never won a state championship without losing to Bentonville... Think about it.

You do realize how stupid that sounds considering the results of the past two Championship games....

But....since you are throwing soft toss....

-They've never won a Championship without beating Bentonville...

-They've never lost a Championship game....

-They've never choked an undefeated seasons (or two) away in a Championship....

-They've never lost a Championship while rated #1....

You catchin' my drift..??..??
Thanks Bait for picking up my slack while I was Spring Breaking it in Playa with the Fay. 3+1+others. And yes, the Purpledogs got game down there too. They did well.

Lions84

Best of Luck to Bentonville , Trinty is a Solid DFW Program.

Earl is my Hero!!

Where is Ceneterton?

Not in Misery, which gives it a much better chance to actually be a nice place...

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: mack on March 22, 2013, 10:31:34 am
Heck,,, if earl is going, I might just make a road trip up there with him.  I've got good friends that live up there.

Only if we can have separate rooms.

I still haven't recovered from all that "enthusiastic" spooning from my last road trip with Bait...

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 23, 2013, 05:33:28 pm

I still haven't recovered from all that "enthusiastic" spooning from my last road trip with Bait...

Is it physically possible to spoon with Bait? I'm good with puzzles

Sect103

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 23, 2013, 05:39:33 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 23, 2013, 05:33:28 pm

Is it physically possible to spoon with Bait? I'm good with puzzles

I think it would be ladling. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

helmethair

DPaul

Very nice board you guys got here covering Arkansas high school football. I'm looking forward to this game and little road trip in September. I'm already prepping by watching Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes ;D

Just alittle friendly jab ;)

Billyo62

Quote from: DPaul on March 24, 2013, 04:09:56 pm
Very nice board you guys got here covering Arkansas high school football. I'm looking forward to this game and little road trip in September. I'm already prepping by watching Deliverance and The Hills Have Eyes ;D

Actually you may be surprised when you roll into Bentonville..   it ain't hillbilly in any way.. now the towns you roll through to get there may be more HillBilliy than you can handle...

urhog

If this is BBBBQ weekend you might want to include Easy Rider in that movie list.

DPaul

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 24, 2013, 05:28:27 pm

Actually you may be surprised when you roll into Bentonville..   it ain't hillbilly in any way.. now the towns you roll through to get there may be more HillBilliy than you can handle...

Well I live out in East Texas so I see my share of Hillbilly towns....heck some might say I'd fit right in.  :D

phdefense

March 24, 2013, 09:26:24 pm #136 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:28:24 pm by phdefense
Quote from: DPaul on March 24, 2013, 08:42:57 pm

Well I live out in East Texas so I see my share of Hillbilly towns....heck some might say I'd fit right in.  :D
Comparing Texas hillbillies to Arkansas hillbillies is like comparing Arkansas football to Texas football. And since when are there hills in Texas for any billies to be on? Or curves in the road for that matter? Can you please explain to me why Texicans slow down to 15 MPH on a curve that clearly has 45mph posted on it? I know that having to turn your steering wheel is new to you Texicans, but for crying out loud grow a pair. I guess not everything is bigger in Texas. ;)

Valleysports

Quote from: DPaul on March 24, 2013, 08:42:57 pm

Take it from someone who grew up in E Tex, you ain't seen nothing...

Texas

Quote from: phdefense on March 24, 2013, 09:26:24 pm
Comparing Texas hillbillies to Arkansas hillbillies is like comparing Arkansas football to Texas football. And since when are there hills in Texas for any billies to be on? Or curves in the road for that matter? Can you please explain to me why Texicans slow down to 15 MPH on a curve that clearly has 45mph posted on it? I know that having to turn your steering wheel is new to you Texicans, but for crying out loud grow a pair. I guess not everything is bigger in Texas. ;)
Actually there are hills in Texas. Not like in Arkansas of course. Not so much in East Texas. More central Texas along the I-35 corridor between say Waco and San Marcos. Big mountains in far West Texas too.

Also, I've been to many many states. Trust me. There are idiot drivers everywhere. I've never noticed that specific example in Texas or anywhere else.

Valleysports

Maybe he's confusing this slowing down thing, with the Texas driving edicate of moving over on the shoulder of the road, while other pass.  When you move over up here, these Arkansans just freeze.  They just stay there like they just came down out of the mountain and don't understand, Hey dumb arse I just moved over for you... Anyway I give them the opportunity and if they can't figure it out pretty quick, I get back in the main lane and they can ride my bumper for the next 20 miles.  Arkansas drivers don't have any edicate, it's just not taught here.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: urhog on March 24, 2013, 06:07:33 pm

If this is BBBBQ weekend you might want to include Easy Rider in that movie list.
But by all means, do not .... and I mean, DO NOT ... include "Wild Hogs" on that movie list.

TrinityTrojan80

I will be making the trip to NW Ark. as well. It should be a fun time, unless we aren't competitive at all.

olddog79

Oh yes Bentonville is a cosmopolitian, upscale, high falootin', dont get their hands dirty kinda town...new money ya know. They just put up with the rest of us backwoods dimrods and we'ver very grateful for it. Shoot, we didnt even know about football till the walmartians showed up.

(see disclaimer)

Billyo62

Quote from: olddog79 on March 25, 2013, 08:56:20 am

Oh yes Bentonville is a cosmopolitian, upscale, high falootin', dont get their hands dirty kinda town...new money ya know. They just put up with the rest of us backwoods dimrods and we'ver very grateful for it. Shoot, we didnt even know about football till the walmartians showed up.

(see disclaimer)

You know full good and well that Bentonville is nothing like rest of the state of Arkansas.

olddog79

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 25, 2013, 09:05:20 am

Oh yes Bentonville is a cosmopolitan, upscale, high fa lootin', don't get their hands dirty kinda town...new money ya know. They just put up with the rest of us backwoods dimrods and we're very grateful for it. Shoot, we didn't even know about football till the walmartians showed up.

(see disclaimer)

You know full good and well that Bentonville is nothing like rest of the state of Arkansas.
It depends on how you look at things. I remember it before it had money...it WAS a nice little town.

BTW did anyone drown in the rain a couple of days ago?   (nose in the air joke)

DPaul

Quote from: TrinityTrojan80 on March 25, 2013, 07:49:44 am
I will be making the trip to NW Ark. as well. It should be a fun time, unless we aren't competitive at all.

Compared to last year's trip this should be like going to your local 7-11.

Billyo62

Quote from: olddog79 on March 25, 2013, 09:58:06 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 25, 2013, 09:05:20 am

Oh yes Bentonville is a cosmopolitan, upscale, high fa lootin', don't get their hands dirty kinda town...new money ya know. They just put up with the rest of us backwoods dimrods and we're very grateful for it. Shoot, we didn't even know about football till the walmartians showed up.

(see disclaimer)

It depends on how you look at things. I remember it before it had money...it WAS a nice little town.
BTW did anyone drown in the rain a couple of days ago?   (nose in the air joke)

Like I said it ain't like the rest of Arkansas...

TrinityTrojan

Quote from: DPaul on March 25, 2013, 10:46:49 am

This is true. Although the scenery in Seattle was pretty amazing, especially having never been there before. I am from Mississippi, so been through Arkansas many times, vacationed there as a kid numerous times. Great place. Good people.

DPaul

Quote from: TrinityTrojan on March 25, 2013, 01:55:33 pm
Quote from: DPaul on March 25, 2013, 10:46:49 am

This is true. Although the scenery in Seattle was pretty amazing, especially having never been there before. I am from Mississippi, so been through Arkansas many times, vacationed there as a kid numerous times. Great place. Good people.

I don't doubt that. And yes that scenery was amazing through Oregon and Washington. With this game being in week 3 we should have a better idea on what this team will be about compared to the Bellvue game where i think we were scratching our head abit.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Texas on March 20, 2013, 12:12:25 pm
I'm from Euless. A Trinity Grad and season ticket holder.

Trinity is not on the same level as they were from 2004-2010. That being said, they are still better than 95+% of the 5A teams in Texas. Texas is very deep in quality teams. That is one of the things that sets Texas apart. Trinity is one of them. In 2010 Pearland was supposed to be beaten solidly by Trinity, but won by four points. A few plays here and there made the difference. That kind of thing does happen in Texas. In most states only one or two teams have a legit chance of winning the title. In Texas, though there are favorites, any number of teams can rise up and take the crown.

Trinity will be a bit of a mystery next season, having graduated a large number of key players. I have no doubt Trinity will field a solid team worthy of continuing their recent success. A championship? Time will tell. I wouldn't favor them. I'm reserving judgement. I'll try to make a few Spring practices, then scrimmages. Someone said they heard on another board, Trinity should be ranked #2 in Texas to start. I highly doubt that. Top Ten, yes. #2, no way. I can think of at least three teams off the top of my head that will surely be ranked higher. Probably more.

What will happen against Bentonville? I'm biased of course. I think Trinity will win. I am not into predicting scores. I seriously doubt it will be 80-something. The little Saints were outmatched in every possible way. They were playing in the greatest football stadium in the world, which is basically a second home for Trinity. They had a few big guys. But only a few who were going up against our massive lines. Most of their players were playing both ways. Trinity meanwhile, substituted liberally. That is common, not just for that game. Trinity is deep with size, speed and talent, so we rotate players. It is a tactical advantage we take full advantage of. There was no way Shiloh was ever gonna win or even stay competitive. The main reason they got destroyed by such a big margin, is their style of play. That team played no defense to speak of. It appeared their defensive strategy was to get off the field ASAP, so they could get their offense back on the field as quickly as possible. We obliged. That led to several two or three play scoring "drives". Otherwise it was five or six plays. Their offense was no huddle, spread, speed. They took as little time between plays as possible. That killed them against Trinity. Trinity outmanned them athletically, by a lot. The fact that they played so up tempo, meant they ran very little time off the clock between plays. In combination, with the quick scoring strikes by Trinity, it's no wonder it was 24-14 after 1Q, and 53-20 at the half. I think sometime around mid 3Q they finally wised up and started running more time off the clock.

I will say, Kiehl Frazier was one heck of a HS QB. If it wasn't for him, Shiloh wouldn't have scored at all. Dude was a stud. He made some incredible plays. Ran for his life most plays. Did get sacked several times, but kept plays alive to extend drives on multiple occasions as well. I still say he is by far the best QB Trinity played against that season.

Anyway, Bentonville will be much more suited to play against Trinity. I'm guessing they don't play a high speed spread passing game, so there is no way Trinity will score 80, or even close. Shoot, I bet Bentonville can actually play a little defense (or will at least make a legit effort, unlike Shiloh). I'm guessing Trinity wins by more than two TD's. Beyond that, I'll have to learn a lot more about the opponent. I'm not sure why some of you feel this should be a payback opportunity for AR HS football for the 2010 ET-SC game. The fact is, there is a handful of TX vs. AR games each season. Last season the series was 2-2. Besides, from what I remember, most people in AR "hate" Shiloh and were happy to see them lose, though they were shocked at the huge margin. Anyway, nothing personal on this end.

Nice 1st Post!   Welcome to Fearless!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas