• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calico @ Western Grove

Started by waterboyh20, January 27, 2019, 09:17:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboyh20

1/29 Calico @ Western Grove
Western Grove needs this one in their battle for 3rd. Thoughts?

oldfireguy

Groves team chemistry has become on again- off again. Figure Calico by 12.

HorseFeathers

Knew their had to be a reason Grove seemed up and down this year after bringing back everyone from last year's surprise semi final run

Bluekatz12

What's the score up there tonight?

ozarkmtnsman

Western Grove is in a tougher conference than they were last year, also with lots more travel time.   They got hot when it mattered last year, we shall see if they do it again.

oldfireguy

Western Grove 71
Calico Rock       45

Final

HorseFeathers

Quote from: oldfireguy on January 29, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
Western Grove 71
Calico Rock       45

Final

Wait...what? Is calico missing someone?

Woodrow1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 29, 2019, 08:35:53 pm
Wait...what? Is calico missing someone?

2 had the flu, one with a hurt leg, and the game meant nothing. Calico had already wrapped up 2nd place in conference.

ballmember

I  always wonder when people say the game meant nothing why do they bother playing?  why not just forfeit, and everyone can save on their time and travel.  Maybe triple a   can take this idea up, of course they don't have much time worrying about the poor officials being mistreated.   High school basketball fans don't seem any worse than ever.  Referees tend to acknowledge them more.   if bad language used towards an official toss them 

BlueBird4Life

January 30, 2019, 11:42:27 am #9 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:44:55 am by BlueBird4Life
Quote from: ballmember on January 30, 2019, 10:24:02 am
I  always wonder when people say the game meant nothing why do they bother playing?  why not just forfeit, and everyone can save on their time and travel.  Maybe triple a   can take this idea up, of course they don't have much time worrying about the poor officials being mistreated.   High school basketball fans don't seem any worse than ever.  Referees tend to acknowledge them more.   if bad language used towards an official toss them

I agree 100%.  I don't care what the game is, I'm going to try to beat you. 

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 29, 2019, 08:45:52 pm
2 had the flu, one with a hurt leg, and the game meant nothing. Calico had already wrapped up 2nd place in conference.

I will accept flu and hurt leg excuse  but I'm not buying game meant nothing. 
This maybe true at the NBA level in certain situations, but 16 year old kids ALWAYS play to win.

Sports Loser

Next time I see Calicos Coach I'll ask him if that game mattered I'm sure it didn't he prob didn't even show up.  I like that coach what's his name?

Woodrow1

Quote from: Sports Loser on January 30, 2019, 12:21:15 pm
Next time I see Calicos Coach I'll ask him if that game mattered I'm sure it didn't he prob didn't even show up.  I like that coach what's his name?

Jeff "el buckle" Whiteaker. I'm sure he will agree with you. I'm just telling you what the players thoughts were. Although a win would have put WG on the opposite side of the bracket in districts.

SackAttack

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 30, 2019, 01:24:40 pm
Jeff "el buckle" Whiteaker. I'm sure he will agree with you. I'm just telling you what the players thoughts were. Although a win would have put WG on the opposite side of the bracket in districts.
Why do they call him belt buckle???

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 30, 2019, 01:24:40 pm
it must've meant a little. I wouldn't want to see Western Grove unless I had to come tournament time...Especially since we've all seen their potential from last year...

Woodrow1

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2019, 02:23:15 pm
Why do they call him belt buckle???

Backboard shattered said he used his belt buckle to deflate basketballs mid-game. Come on sack, I thought you would know this...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas