• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dora caught swapping triplets on free-throws.

Started by Oxford Cat, January 02, 2019, 09:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxford Cat

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

MomaLion

Since it can be verified by video and it appeared to have been planned, that game and any other that can be proven should be an automatic forfeit.

no mascot

Looks like daddy's been taking notes from the Bella twins swapping for each other during wwe matches!

Flobbito

January 03, 2019, 05:42:24 am #4 Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:44:12 am by Flobbito
Then worst thing about this to me is that everyone has to be complicit for it to work. The coach, the kids, the administration, the fans; all of them. You would think someone from Dora would have ethical issues with this.

Oldref

I remember a long time back when a set of twins with one much better player than the other would be accused of switching jerseys at halftime if the best one was in any foul trouble. LOL

There is no excuse this day and time with three officials of not identifying the correct shooters number on every foul. Officials should be able to handle that you would think. I have seen it happen a lot over the years without it being siblings or twins.

Woodrow1

I've seen ICC try to do this several times in years past.  Except they didn't have twins or triplets.  Foul would be called, and they would send their best free throw shooter to the line.  Something you had to always look for if you were playing them....

hsindian

My high school coach use to do it all the time. We'd huddle up at the top of the key and sometimes he'd yell out a name and say make these free throws. If he did whoever was mentioned shot the free throws. Happened if we were shooting free furrows out of a timeout a lot also.

waterboyh20

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 03, 2019, 08:27:35 am
I've seen ICC try to do this several times in years past.  Except they didn't have twins or triplets.  Foul would be called, and they would send their best free throw shooter to the line.  Something you had to always look for if you were playing them....

I've seen most the ICC games and never observed this once. Care to give an example or did that jealousy bug affect your memory when you were posting this nonsense?

Basketballfan13

I've seen this done many times. While it is on the coach and player for doing this it's part of the game. If the refs did their job or anyone on the other team was paying attention it would have been pointed out as it happened. The people looking for a forfeit and a suspension of the players or firing of the coach are crazy. I read the two different news articles on it in the past 2 days and I'm not sure what they could be so confused on as far as the penalty? It literally states it in the rule book because it's happened plenty of times. If you knowingly take a free throw that is not yours and get caught it's a technical.

Woodrow1

Quote from: waterboyh20 on January 03, 2019, 12:42:31 pm
I've seen most the ICC games and never observed this once. Care to give an example or did that jealousy bug affect your memory when you were posting this nonsense?

No jealousy bug here.  I can't remember exact games and locations, but I assure you it has happened more than once.  Not saying they got a way with it, but it was tried.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that can confirm this. 

Woodrow1

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on January 03, 2019, 12:46:31 pm
I've seen this done many times. While it is on the coach and player for doing this it's part of the game. If the refs did their job or anyone on the other team was paying attention it would have been pointed out as it happened. The people looking for a forfeit and a suspension of the players or firing of the coach are crazy. I read the two different news articles on it in the past 2 days and I'm not sure what they could be so confused on as far as the penalty? It literally states it in the rule book because it's happened plenty of times. If you knowingly take a free throw that is not yours and get caught it's a technical.

+1

FaceInTheCrowd

I saw ICC try to do it a few years ago.  It was the blonde guard (#10 maybe?) that graduated 2 or 3 years ago.  He went to the line to shoot the free throws and when the opposing coach started having a fit and the referees realized what was happening, the kid just laughed and walked away.  I'd say that wasn't his first attempt at getting away with that...

Oxford Cat

January 03, 2019, 03:42:09 pm #13 Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:44:24 pm by Oxford Cat
This little story from the hills has gone viral with Sports Illustrated, USA Today, SB Nation, and Deadspin picking it up.

Sparklemoon

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 03, 2019, 01:24:06 pm
No jealousy bug here.  I can't remember exact games and locations, but I assure you it has happened more than once.  Not saying they got a way with it, but it was tried.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that can confirm this.

You must be a especially upset rival ! A pirate or maybe Bearkat

Woodrow1

January 04, 2019, 08:08:18 am #15 Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:26:06 am by Woodrow1
It has now made Good Morning America.  ;D

Woodrow1

January 04, 2019, 08:26:30 am #16 Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:10:35 am by Woodrow1
  Strahan thought it was comical.

Partsman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Partsman on January 09, 2019, 09:36:00 am
It's not cheating til you get caught. Ha

If you aren't cheating you aren't trying?

Weiser

January 09, 2019, 12:51:19 pm #19 Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:06:44 pm by Weiser
Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 09, 2019, 10:52:19 am
If you aren't cheating you aren't trying?

Sad remarks for a site that is supposed to be about our youth. Acceptance of winning is easy, losing is the hard one to accept, learn from, and use it to make your game better!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Weiser on January 09, 2019, 12:51:19 pm
Sad remarks for a site that is supposed to be about our youth.
From an overpaid moderator no less

Weiser

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 09, 2019, 12:56:26 pm
From an overpaid moderator no less

If that is what you think great, but you are very very wrong!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Weiser on January 09, 2019, 01:01:47 pm

Relax 👍 I was responding to the post above mine, not the situation....which from my understanding Dora shouldn't have to cheat to win most games, so not sure why they did it here

AT

Quote from: Weiser on January 09, 2019, 01:01:47 pm

The exclamation marks make it seem like you are taking his remark seriously, which is surely wasn't.

Gray lizard

Don't players wear numbers? Should have nothing to do with triplets or twins.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 10, 2019, 11:02:47 am
Don't players wear numbers? Should have nothing to do with triplets or twins.

👍 Coaches shouldn't cheat....But hey I always hear fans offering officials their glasses... maybe these actually needed them

Partsman

Quote from: Weiser on January 09, 2019, 12:51:19 pm
Sad remarks for a site that is supposed to be about our youth. Acceptance of winning is easy, losing is the hard one to accept, learn from, and use it to make your game better!!!!

Notice the "Ha" after my statement. I do not condone cheating.

Flobbito

I've seen ICC try to do this several times in years past.

I actually saw ICC do this last Friday, the kid got fouled shot one free throw them another kid shot his second... But in this case the original shooter had to leave the game because he had blood on him.

FaceInTheCrowd

Quote from: Flobbito on January 11, 2019, 07:17:16 am
I actually saw ICC do this last Friday, the kid got fouled shot one free throw them another kid shot his second... But in this case the original shooter had to leave the game because he had blood on him.

That's  a completely different scenario.  If the kids has to leave the game because of blood or an injury, the coach gets to pick the replacement shooter. 

Flobbito

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on January 11, 2019, 08:20:58 am
That's  a completely different scenario.  If the kids has to leave the game because of blood or an injury, the coach gets to pick the replacement shooter.

This was tongue in cheek, I just thought it was ironic since the accusation above was made, then it happened albeit legally.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas