• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 9 (Monday, May 2nd thru Saturday, May 7th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 30, 2016, 11:14:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

The officials always get blamed. You have plenty of time to make up for bad calls if you're the better team. Warren needs to accept the loss, don't blame the officials, and get ready to make a run at state.

mijally

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 06, 2016, 10:54:52 pm
The officials always get blamed. You have plenty of time to make up for bad calls if you're the better team. Warren needs to accept the loss, don't blame the officials, and get ready to make a run at state.
It's not that easy to make up bad calls in soccer. Especially if it accounts for 100% of a team's scoring. Warren is fortunate it wasn't a state tournament game. Best to move on and use it as proof you can be beat to work harder and improve.

MB Hog

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on May 06, 2016, 11:08:15 pm
It's not that easy to make up bad calls in soccer. Especially if it accounts for 100% of a team's scoring. Warren is fortunate it wasn't a state tournament game. Best to move on and use it as proof you can be beat to work harder and improve.

It isn't easy, but there is a lot of time. Warren only put one goal in the back of the net. Hamburg must have a pretty solid defense. I just can't stand when you don't hear complaining about the officials from a team all season until they lose.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 06, 2016, 06:53:27 pm
VG: White Hall 1, Hope 0

This should put White Hall in a tie for 3rd in the 5A South.  It may come down to a coin flip.

It will take a coin flip as White Hall and HS Lakeside are tied for 3rd at 3-5, each beat the other by 1-0 results in their head to head matchups and each has the same goal differential. 

The coin flip result will determine which team is the 3rd and 4th seeds.

Badger

Badger

chaoslord

FutbolPhan

Does the 5-1 win by Catholic over Bryant on Friday coupled with their win at Conway on Tuesday give Catholic the 1 seed from the 7A Central and give Conway the 2 seed?

Badger

Quote from: FutbolPhan on May 07, 2016, 01:08:59 pm
Does the 5-1 win by Catholic over Bryant on Friday coupled with their win at Conway on Tuesday give Catholic the 1 seed from the 7A Central and give Conway the 2 seed?

Yes, Catholic/Conway split with the same margin of victory.  I believe Catholic has 11 tiebreaker points and Conway 7, so Catholic should be the #1 seed for the 7A tourney and Conway and Bryant #2 and #3, respectively.  The question remains who is the 7A/6A Central Conference champion?  I believe Catholic and Siloam both have 16 tiebreaker points in overall conference play to Conway's 10, so wondering if Catholic wins the conference based on its head-to-head win vs. Siloam.  The way I read Rule 7, I believe Catholic wins the conference.  Anyone know the answer?

Lionheart88

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 07, 2016, 07:22:45 am
It will take a coin flip as White Hall and HS Lakeside are tied for 3rd at 3-5, each beat the other by 1-0 results in their head to head matchups and each has the same goal differential. 

The coin flip result will determine which team is the 3rd and 4th seeds.
It doesn't matter that White Hall's win was in regulation and Lakeside's was kicks from the mark, does it?

sevenof400

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 08, 2016, 11:32:00 am
It doesn't matter that White Hall's win was in regulation and Lakeside's was kicks from the mark, does it?

No, it doesn't Lionheart88.  A victory achieved in KFTM is recognized as a one goal victory for the purpose of point differential (regardless of the score in/during KFTM).   

Lionheart88

That's what I thought, but it was worth asking, just in case.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 08, 2016, 01:23:08 pm
That's what I thought, but it was worth asking, just in case.

Absolutely.  It helps keep me on my.toes too..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas