• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Top 10 Boys Standings?

Started by Jdhelbig, April 07, 2016, 10:08:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdhelbig

Anyone know the Top 10 standings? A little breakdown of each team would be nice too!
Thanks!

ArkHog#7

April 07, 2016, 12:46:12 pm #1 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:37:20 pm by ArkHog#7

JMBknvc

From MaxPreps 4/7/16

1   Hot Springs   7-1   
2   Valley View (Jonesboro) 8-1-2   
3   Maumelle   4-0-2   
4   De Queen   8-2   
5   Lakeside (Hot Springs)   6-4   
6   Clarksville   6-3-1   
7   Nettleton (Jonesboro) 5-1   
8   Batesville   5-2-2   5.0   
9   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 3-5   
10   Vilonia 6-7   
11   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 4-2
12   Harrison   2-6-1   
13   Greenbrier   3-7   
14   White Hall   2-4   
15   Paragould   3-5-2

RazorDad

April 07, 2016, 08:25:10 pm #3 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:28:08 pm by RazorDad
Quote from: JMBknvc on April 07, 2016, 04:14:31 pm
From MaxPreps 4/7/16

1   Hot Springs   7-1   
2   Valley View (Jonesboro) 8-1-2   
3   Maumelle   4-0-2   
4   De Queen   8-2   
5   Lakeside (Hot Springs)   6-4   
6   Clarksville   6-3-1   
7   Nettleton (Jonesboro) 5-1   
8   Batesville   5-2-2   5.0   
9   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 3-5   
10   Vilonia 6-7   
11   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 4-2
12   Harrison   2-6-1   
13   Greenbrier   3-7   
14   White Hall   2-4   
15   Paragould   3-5-2

These records include out-of-conference games.  If you go by the scores reported on this site, it looks kind of like this:

1  Jacksonville
2  Clarksville
3  Maumelle
4  Hot Springs
5  Valley View
6  Pulaski Academy
7  DeQueen
8  Nettleton
9  Paragould
10  LR Christian

mijally

The first list are the current rankings. The 2nd list is by overall winning percentage of all games played. Jacksonville, PA and Hope have not played enough games to be ranked yet.  I'll be curious to see where they show up in the rankings.

ArkHog#7

April 08, 2016, 09:00:06 am #5 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:36:47 pm by ArkHog#7

JMBknvc

MaxPreps as of 4/8 (morning)

1   Hot Springs   8-1   
2   Valley View (Jonesboro) 9-1-2   
3   Maumelle   5-0-2   
4   De Queen   9-2   
5   Clarksville   7-2   
6   Jacksonville 5-0-1   Holding judgement until the Lakeside match.
7   Nettleton (Jonesboro)   6-1   
8   Lakeside (Hot Springs)   6-6   
9   Hope   3-3   
10   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 4-5   
11   Batesville   5-3-2   
12   Vilonia   7-7   
13   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 4-3   
14   Greenbrier   3-8   
15   Harrison   2-7-1   

Okay, the only one missing is PA from the earlier comments and they need to play a few more matches to get a ranking.
Breakdown by Conference; Central (1) East (4) South (4) West (6)

ArkHog#7

April 08, 2016, 09:08:44 am #7 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:36:32 pm by ArkHog#7

TNT_15

ArkHog#7

April 08, 2016, 09:43:52 pm #9 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:35:45 pm by ArkHog#7

Go Postal

4/8 Boys
LRCA lost to Harrison 1-0
Vilonia lost to Clarksville 3-0

Jdhelbig

JMBknvc

MaxPreps as 4/14/16

1   Valley View (Jonesboro) 10-1-2   
2   Maumelle   6-0-2   
3   Hot Springs   8-2   
4   De Queen   9-3   
5   Clarksville   8-2   
6   Jacksonville 5-0-1   
7   Hope   4-3   
8   Nettleton (Jonesboro)   6-2   
9   Lakeside (Hot Springs)   6-6   
10   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 4-6   
11   Batesville   6-3-2   
12   Vilonia   7-8   
13   Harrison   3-7-1   
14   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 4-3   
15   Greenbrier   3-8   
16   White Hall   2-6   

MB Hog

Anyone know why PA is not anywhere in the rankings (boys or girls)?  When I first saw the top 10 / top 15 pasted here, I thought maybe they were just below the cut somehow.  Now that I've looked at Max Preps, it is obvious they just aren't included given that both teams are pretty good (1 loss each) and there are ranked teams with losing records that are IN the rankings.

VHSCoach2

MB Hog,

I believe Maxpreps' ranking go into place after a team plays a certain amount of games.  According to their respective Maxpreps pages, the PA boys have only played 5 games (4-1 record), while the PA girls are at 4 (3-1 record).

This, in my opinion, is why we absolutely must take the rankings from Maxpreps with a grain of salt.  I would wager money that both the PA boys and girls would be ranked in a refutable top ten ranking system that doesn't rely on a certain number of games to be played before they can be ranked.

JMBknvc

Quote from: MB Hog on April 14, 2016, 05:53:52 pm
Anyone know why PA is not anywhere in the rankings (boys or girls)?  When I first saw the top 10 / top 15 pasted here, I thought maybe they were just below the cut somehow.  Now that I've looked at Max Preps, it is obvious they just aren't included given that both teams are pretty good (1 loss each) and there are ranked teams with losing records that are IN the rankings.

MaxPreps Rankings seem to require 6 matches before ranking. They played their 6 match today and should get a ranking in the next couple of days. Thought they would have played 6 matches by now. However, looking at PA's schedule they will play 3 matches each a week over the next three weeks. Not sure about that scheduling.   

4/15 @ 5pm
Pulaski Academy  0
Lakeside       6

mijally

Wow. Looks like MaxPreps nailed that. Lakeside is 9th. Still betting on that?

MB Hog

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 14, 2016, 06:25:54 pm
MB Hog,

I believe Maxpreps' ranking go into place after a team plays a certain amount of games.  According to their respective Maxpreps pages, the PA boys have only played 5 games (4-1 record), while the PA girls are at 4 (3-1 record).

This, in my opinion, is why we absolutely must take the rankings from Maxpreps with a grain of salt.  I would wager money that both the PA boys and girls would be ranked in a refutable top ten ranking system that doesn't rely on a certain number of games to be played before they can be ranked.
OK on the 6 games.  They should be eligible to be ranked next week.

PA Boys are pretty good.  Should be ranked around the top 10 for 5A, but not for overall.  PA Girls have the talent to be ranked in the top 10 overall if they play as a team.  Quite a few freshmen and sophomores learning to play together.

MB Hog

Quote from: JMBknvc on April 14, 2016, 09:23:41 pm
MaxPreps Rankings seem to require 6 matches before ranking. They played their 6 match today and should get a ranking in the next couple of days. Thought they would have played 6 matches by now. However, looking at PA's schedule they will play 3 matches each a week over the next three weeks. Not sure about that scheduling.   

4/15 @ 5pm
Pulaski Academy  0
Lakeside       6
I'm not sure why PA waited so late to get going.  Only played 2 games before Spring Break, then didn't play again until the 2nd week back from the break.  I think the PA girls will end up with only 15 regular season games this year (currently 5 - 1).

MB Hog

Looking at Max Preps, I don't think they are counting PA's game against Mt. St. Mary's JV, so they are still only at 5 games for the season and won't be ranked yet.  Supposed to play the Lakeside girls tonight, but they are only playing conference games due to losing several players to injuries.

Outlaw

I think Jacksonville is a team to look out for this year

MB Hog

Quote from: Outlaw on April 14, 2016, 10:15:53 pm
I think Jacksonville is a team to look out for this year
Their record looks solid.  Haven't seen them play, though.

GobSoccerFan12

4/15/16 Update on Maxpreps:
1   Maumelle  7-0-2   
2   Valley View (Jonesboro)  11-1-2   
3   Hot Springs  10-2   
4   De Queen  10-3   
5   Clarksville  8-3   
6   Jacksonville  7-0-1   
7   Hope   5-4   
8   Lakeside (Hot Springs)   7-7   
9   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock)  5-6   
10   Nettleton (Jonesboro)  6-3   
11   Vilonia  8-8   
12   Greene County Tech (Paragould)  5-3   
13   Harrison  4-7-1   
14   Pulaski Academy (Little Rock)  4-2   
15   Batesville  6-4-2   

ARSoccer25

April 16, 2016, 11:00:31 am #23 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 05:13:34 pm by ARSoccer25
1. Hot Springs
2. Valley View
3. DeQueen
4. Maumelle
5. Lakeside
6. Hope
7. Clarksville
8. LRCA
9. Vilonia

Outlaw

After seeing maumelle play yesterday I would have to disagree with being the best overall...I did see the discipline with spreading the field with the passes but their speed on defense wasnt very strong....however Harrison didn't get many shots but I believe if they had another mid fielder who could of sent it maumell would of been in trouble....in my opinion the central doesn't get its proper credit and I believe 3 or maybe 4 teams in central can beat maumell with speed and physical play...just my opinion though

GobSoccerFan12

Clarksville above LRCA. They split this year. And Clarksville has a better record by far. Lost on an own goal and throw in right to LRCA player last night I was told. Maumelle shouldn't be #1 after struggling with my Gobs last night, who are down this year.

mijally

In my opinion, Maumelle ROCKS baby!!!!!! 

GobSoccerFan12

Maxpreps 4/19/16 Update:
1   Maumelle 8-0-2   
2   Hot Springs   10-2   
3   Valley View (Jonesboro) 12-1-2   
4   De Queen 10-4   
5   Hope 6-4      
6   Clarksville 8-4   
7   Jacksonville 8-0-1
9   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 6-7-1   
10   Nettleton (Jonesboro) 7-3   
11   Vilonia 8-8   
12   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 6-3
13   Pulaski Academy (Little Rock) 5-2   
14   Harrison 4-8-1   
15   Batesville 6-4-2   

MDXPHD

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on April 19, 2016, 12:50:08 pm
Maxpreps 4/19/16 Update:
1   Maumelle 8-0-2   
2   Hot Springs   10-2   
3   Valley View (Jonesboro) 12-1-2   
4   De Queen 10-4   
5   Hope 6-4      
6   Clarksville 8-4   
7   Jacksonville 8-0-1
9   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 6-7-1   
10   Nettleton (Jonesboro) 7-3   
11   Vilonia 8-8   
12   Greene County Tech (Paragould) 6-3
13   Pulaski Academy (Little Rock) 5-2   
14   Harrison 4-8-1   
15   Batesville 6-4-2

There is no point to these rankings at all. A perfect example is Batesville being ranked lower than GCT, but Batesville has beaten them twice already this season.

mijally

We should do our own Fan poll like we do in football. I would love to see everyone else's poll in writing.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on April 19, 2016, 04:15:16 pm
We should do our own Fan poll like we do in football. I would love to see everyone else's poll in writing.

I agree. Let's at least do a top 10. Make a thread and post your rankings. I'll add mine too. Girls and boys, some people are sensitive on this board these days.

Outlaw

Is it just me or should we give maumelle, dequeen, ot hot springs the 5A state title right now.....seems like these 3 teams are ALWAYS getting talked about on this site especially maumelle.....we have an undeafted team in 5A central and they barely can crack the top 10....I have seen5 teams in the West play and all the teams in the central will give the top 2 a rin for their money....I'm not downgrading anyones school talent but I think the central doesnt get its just due like the south and west

mijally

I don't talk about them because I haven't seen any of them play this year. I'd really like to see Jacksonville.  I thought they were improved last year and expect them to be even better this year. By all means fill us in on the games in the Central because there aren't many poster from that conference to tell us anything.

Chief_Osceola™

JMBknvc

April 19, 2016, 10:41:47 pm #34 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:57:46 am by JMBknvc
Quote from: Outlaw on April 19, 2016, 08:21:20 pm
Is it just me or should we give maumelle, dequeen, ot hot springs the 5A state title right now.....seems like these 3 teams are ALWAYS getting talked about on this site especially maumelle.....we have an undeafted team in 5A central and they barely can crack the top 10....I have seen5 teams in the West play and all the teams in the central will give the top 2 a rin for their money....I'm not downgrading anyones school talent but I think the central doesnt get its just due like the south and west

Stated I was going to hold judgement until April 25th. When the top two central teams PA and Jacksonville play. Hope to be able to go watch the match.

However, think people are looking for common opponents to get a feel for the Central Conference. Maumelle had a 2-2 draw against Conway. SO, it will be interesting to see how PA does against Conway tomorrow. Since PA went to Lakeside and lost 6-0 with the Rams currently 3rd in the south, but beat Hot Springs in PK's. Then you have LRCA that played Valley View and lost 3-2 early in the season. LRCA also lost to Cabot 1-0 but Valley View and Maumelle had 0-0 draws with Cabot. Jacksonville did beat Vilonia 1-0 earlier in the season.

Sir Alex

Everyone plays different styles so teams will match up differently in each game.  That is the beauty of the state tournament, you never know who will have it til you are there.  I personally like the way Clarksville plays.  The biggest thing I have noticed this year in the 5a  is a lack of quality keepers.  Most of them are decent but none stand out as those that win games.  I have not seen them all so I am sure there are those out there.

Go Postal

I don't think anyone is dismissing Central.  They have had some success over the years in the playoffs like the West and South as below.  Heck, the East might pull it out this year with Valley View.

CLASS 5A Boys
2015 - De Queen (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2014 - De Queen (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2013 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2011 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Hope)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2006 – Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Harrison (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2003 – Harrison (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

CLASS 5A Girls
2015 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2014 - Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2013 - Shiloh Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up LR Christian)
2011 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2006 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Little Rock Christian)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Arkadelphia)
2003 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Harrison)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

ARSoccer25

IIf PA is the best team in the central, I would not be suprised if the West swept the first round. PA wouldn't even make the playoffs, if they were in the South or West IMO.

sevenof400

April 20, 2016, 10:18:22 am #38 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:22:11 am by sevenof400
Is it just me or should we give maumelle, dequeen, ot hot springs the 5A state title right now.....

Well, we might want to look at Hot Springs a bit closer after last night's results.... hmmm

...I'm not downgrading anyones school talent but I think the central doesnt get its just due like the south and west

To be fair, the Central does NOT have much of a history of success in the state playoffs.....except for PA. 

But, I am going to be very interested to see the results of the upcoming Jacksonville / PA matches. 

Quote from: ARSoccer25 on April 20, 2016, 07:26:32 am
IIf PA is the best team in the central, I would not be suprised if the West swept the first round. PA wouldn't even make the playoffs, if they were in the South or West IMO.

Offhand, I would disagree with this as I know the West is down this year BUT I have not seen the Central at all this year.  In all fairness, this state tournament might be the most interesting in some time...

GobSoccerFan12

I'd agree that the West is somewhat down this year, but I also think the East and Central are weak this year. VV, PA, and Jacksonville seem like the 3 contenders, but they seem to be somewhat unknown. Wish we had more posters from the Central and East to give us some info on them this year. The South seems strong, but Lakeside beating HS could be telling. I think the playoffs will be very hard to predict and should provide some exciting games.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on April 20, 2016, 12:50:57 pm
I'd agree that the West is somewhat down this year, but I also think the East and Central are weak this year. VV, PA, and Jacksonville seem like the 3 contenders, but they seem to be somewhat unknown. Wish we had more posters from the Central and East to give us some info on them this year. The South seems strong, but Lakeside beating HS could be telling. I think the playoffs will be very hard to predict and should provide some exciting games.

Valley View will be able to compete with the other boys teams, especially the West and Central. The South is hard to tell because they are beating up on each other, but it may pay off come tournament time. i would say that VV and PA are the only real two contenders form the Central and East, but Batesville can be a dangerous team too. They lost to VV last night by 1 without two starters. If they show up an play like they are capable of, they could sneak up on some people int he playoffs.

mijally

MDXPHD, have you seen Nettleton this year?  Not sure what happened at GCT but otherwise they are holding their own.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on April 20, 2016, 04:18:25 pm
MDXPHD, have you seen Nettleton this year?  Not sure what happened at GCT but otherwise they are holding their own.

They are the same team they have been the last couple of years it seems. They are athletic and very aggressive, but don't play solid soccer. They can keep games close depending on the matchup, but they will also play worse teams close because of their style of play. That doesn't tell you a whole lot, but there just isn't much to tell ha. Their best win is against Batesville I think, and Batesville is off and on this year.

sevenof400

I know this is the boys thread, but do any of y'all know the GCT @ Nettleton GIRLS game ended up on April 12th?

I can't find any result on that game anywhere...

Thanks.

Jdhelbig

ninjafighter

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 20, 2016, 06:19:16 pm
I know this is the boys thread, but do any of y'all know the GCT @ Nettleton GIRLS game ended up on April 12th?

I can't find any result on that game anywhere...

Thanks.

Varsity Girls:
GCT - 6
Nettleton - 1

ninjafighter

sorry... that was from last night.    not sure about April 12 th...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas