• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 5A Rematch

Started by FD4, February 09, 2015, 10:58:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FD4

Listened to our local sports radio news this morning, seems that Wynne will be hosting PA for game 2 of the 2015 season.  Should be very interesting.  Our defense will have to step up a notch for this one.  It will simply be a matter of stopping the deep ball.  The rest should be typical of both these teams approach to the game.  Any thoughts from either side and the outside as well.

Overdahill

Nice! Should generate a lot of early interest and benefit both teams

Uncle Ivan

Rosa Fort not want to make the return visit?

playmaker04

Great news! Both teams needed a game week 2. Rematch of championship game.

The Future

Should be a great game. Could very well be 5A game of the week.

How will this year's team stack up against last years? Who all do they have returning and what positions need filled?

I also wouldn't mind another Harrison Camden matchup come playoffs.

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on February 13, 2015, 10:53:01 am
Should be a great game. Could very well be 5A game of the week.

How will this year's team stack up against last years? Who all do they have returning and what positions need filled?

I also wouldn't mind another Harrison Camden matchup come playoffs.

all anyone need to know is Wynne High School Wynne Always take a W off the field lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

but for real Wynne should be real good this year I don't know if its state tittle team yet haven't run threw the number yet but we should respect

FD4

UI, the AD said that we looked at it as balancing the road games against the home games.  Wynne needed a home game on week 2 to have a 5 and 5, and I think the deal with Rosa Forte was there and there.  This game will give some insight as to how well the Wynne defense can adjust and cover this season compared to last.  Coach Kelly has indicated pretty much the same thing.  While PA will still bring the HUNH wide open offense that has worked so well for the past 10 seasons, Wynne will likely depend on more running with the returning backs like Dixon and Isom.  We will have to wait and see though.  Coach Hill is good at placing his best talent in position to make plays.  Plus, its a nonconference game that gives both teams a chance to try different people at different positions. The dividends of hosting PA aint bad either, they travel a ton followers which is good for the gate.

Grond

Both teams lost great QB's. Do they have players of a similar talent level ready to fill the void at QB?  ???

FD4

Grond, we have a couple guys that, how would you put it, on the one hand, one guy has arm strength and height, on the other, one guy has a lot of shifty speed.  Then another guy that could be moved from defense to QB.  It's all in what 7 on 7 will show and what practice will show.  I will say this, its hard to replace the talent we lost to graduation, but the train rolls on regardless.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on February 21, 2015, 11:28:06 pm
Both teams lost great QB's. Do they have players of a similar talent level ready to fill the void at QB?  ???
Trey Bruce will probably start at QB for PA.  He is much faster than Hefley and will pose a running threat that PA lacked last year.  His arm is not as strong as Hefley's and he is not as accurate but he is a decent passer.  His greatest weakness is his decision making.  He sometimes throws it when he should run or take a sack.  I think that will improve with experience.

Intelligentsia

Great scouting opportunity for the Pioneers :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas