• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State championship

Started by Mtnview_14, November 23, 2014, 08:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtnview_14

November 23, 2014, 08:45:07 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:08:21 am by Mtnview_14
i know its early.  But which game do you guys think would be the funniest to watch.
Batesville VS Wynne rematch

Batesville VS Beebe

Pulaski Academy VS Wynne

Pulaski Academy VS Beebe

You really can't go wrong with any of these games, and I personally think that Wynne will beat beebe. But the PA-Batesville game could go either way. 
However, I think it would almost be fitting of Batesville's seniors beat Wynne for that elusive state championship they've been chasing for three years

walkingguy72396

Bebee vs Batesville,, both move on because of upsetting the favorite.

Intelligentsia

I want the rematch, primarily because it would be an all East final. 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 23, 2014, 08:45:07 pm
i know its early.  But which game do you guys think would be the funniest to watch.

Batesville VS Beebe

Pulaski Academy VS Wynne

Pulaski Academy VS Beebe

You really can't go wrong with any of these games, and I personally think that Wynne will beat Maumelle. But the PA-Batesville game could go either way. 
However, I think it would almost be fitting of Batesville's seniors beat Wynne for that elusive state championship they've been chasing for three years
Wynne did beat Maumelle

Mtnview_14

I know. I realized my mistake after I posted. I forgot to replace Maumelle with Beebe

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 23, 2014, 09:19:50 pm
I know. I realized my mistake after I posted. I forgot to replace Maumelle with Beebe
[/quote
I think Maumelle was the toughest team we have seen this year tho....I know we lost to Batesville in the last second......but Ive been to every game......and it was tough!]

Mtnview_14

Well hopefully Wynne and Batesville take care of business this week. This could be a very interesting rematch. Hard fought to the end

tmycjy

I'm hoping for Wynne and batesville but my pick are Wynne and pulaski academy

The_Pioneer

I'm one of the rare ones, I'm not all that in love with a rematch.  We've already beaten Wynne, on their home field.  We have nothing to prove there.

MDXPHD

Batesville VS Beebe

Pulaski Academy VS Wynne

Pulaski Academy VS Beebe

You really can't go wrong with any of these games, and I personally think that Wynne will beat Maumelle. But the PA-Batesville game could go either way. 

The funniest to watch? Probably anyone vs Beebe would be a funny state championship. 

Overdahill

PA - Wynne final. PA 43 - 42 on a 2 point conversion. I see PA, Wynne and batesville as virtually even

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 25, 2014, 07:45:14 pm
We have nothing to prove there.

Batesville has to prove that it can beat a Wynne team that isn't shooting its feet off, and without a number of atrocious zebra calls.

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 25, 2014, 08:01:07 pm

Batesville VS Beebe

Pulaski Academy VS Wynne

Pulaski Academy VS Beebe

The funniest to watch? Probably anyone vs Beebe would be a funny state championship.

IF BB beats Wynne, they will win the state championship. You heard it from the Grill. I will WILL them to victory. Go badgers!  ;D ;D ;D

Mtnview_14

If Beebe beats Wynne they'd may as well go ahead and just mail the trophy to the winner of the PA/Batesville game

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 27, 2014, 09:04:03 am
We have nothing to prove there.

Batesville has to prove that it can beat a Wynne team that isn't shooting its feet off, and without a number of atrocious zebra calls.

The excuses would come out if that happened too.  There is always some reason you lose.

MDXPHD

Mtnview_14

--- Quote from: Uncle Ivan on Today at 09:04:03 am ---
--- Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 25, 2014, 07:45:14 pm ---We have nothing to prove there.

--- End quote ---

---End Quote---

And Wynne still has to prove that they can beat Batesville period.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 27, 2014, 10:52:30 pm

I suppose series records don't count in Hillbillyland.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 28, 2014, 09:12:33 am
Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 27, 2014, 10:52:30 pm

I suppose series records don't count in Hillbillyland.

They don't.  PA says you can't live in the past. 

Youngsta71701

Batesville VS Beebe

Pulaski Academy VS Wynne

Pulaski Academy VS Beebe

You really can't go wrong with any of these games, and I personally think that Wynne will beat beebe. But the PA-Batesville game could go either way. 

Pulaski Academy vs. Wynne
Should be an exciting game.

football nut

November 29, 2014, 03:25:21 pm #20 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:33:25 pm by football nut
I'm one of the rare ones, I'm not all that in love with a rematch.  We've already beaten Wynne, on their home field.  We have nothing to prove there.
Lets stay focused on the real issue Pioneer Pop!
You really enjoy ripping the good folks at Wynne and PA until Batesville gets "Owned"!
Keep commenting so I can keep pointing out all your silliness.
It had to be anomaly that Batesville won at Wynne. (you do know what anomaly means I hope)
Wynne IS the best team out of the east.

The_Pioneer

Overdahill

Quote from: Overdahill on November 26, 2014, 06:10:41 am
PA - Wynne final. PA 43 - 42 on a 2 point conversion. I see PA, Wynne and batesville as virtually even

I'll stand by my earlier prediction. Pulling for PA but seeing it as a virtual toss up. I also think Batesville game was a story of two games, the ones b4 and after their QB got hurt. It will take a complete 4 qtr effort to get past Wynne IMO

tmycjy

Hey here some pass year of state champion going all the way back to 1991 and I"ll try give u the runner up

State champion.             State runner up

1991.       Newport                          Lake Hamliton
1992.       Lake Hamliton.                 Don't know the runner up here
1993.        Malvern.                         Lake Hamliton
1994.       Monticello.                       Magnolia
1995.       Osceola.                          Watson Chapel
1996.       Watson Chapel                 Greenwood
1997.       Alma.                               Hamburg
1998.       Alma.                               Osceola
1999        Harrison.                          Alma
2000.       Greenwood.                      Hope
2001.       Wynne.                            Stuttgart
2002.       Stuttgart.                         Sylvan Hills
2003.       Batesville.                        Viloina
2004.       Wynne.                            Greenwood
2005.       Greenwood.                      Morrilton
2006.       Greenwood                       Pulaski academy
2007.       Greenwood.                      LR Christian
2008.       Pulaski Academy.              West Helena
2009.       Monticello.                        Camden Fairview
2010.       Greenwood.                       Camden Fairview
2011.       Greenwood.                      Batesville
2012.       Camden Fairview.              Batesville
2013.       Morrilton.                          Batesville

MDXPHD

November 30, 2014, 06:52:51 pm #24 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:55:45 pm by MDXPHD
07 and 08 were interesting years.  LRC beat Greenwood in the regular season then Greenwood hammered them in the championship. Greenwood was clearly the better team and everything that could have went wrong in the first game did. They lost 44-7 then beat them in the championship.  In 08, PA lost to HWHC in the regular season then barely beat them in the finals.  Both of those finals were fun to watch. 

The Greenwood-PA game in 06 was one of the best games I have seen.  I didn't make it to the good semifinal game that year though. This years game has the potential to be similar to it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas