• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at Maumelle

Started by JacketDad, November 15, 2014, 08:51:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketDad

Will this be the end of the unbeaten streak?  I say yes.

Wynne 27 Maumelle 14

Intelligentsia

Should be a too game for a while, but Wynne pulls this one out by 14+.

MDXPHD

wynneaholic©

I know Maumelle is not undefeated by accident but I have looked at their schedule and they have not played a team as fast and physical as wynne.  It is at Maumelle so they have the advantage there, but that is the only advantage.  Game stays close until mid 2nd quarter and then Wynne's speed takes over and Wynne takes this one 42-14

Lionheart88

Aside from Batesville, has Wynne played a team as fast and physical as Maumelle?

Go.Razorhogs

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 15, 2014, 11:23:08 am
Aside from Batesville, has Wynne played a team as fast and physical as Maumelle?
Maumelle's schedule doesn't look very good. Especially their non-conference portion. They only beat Jacksonville by 2, 9-7. Pulaski Academy was up on Jacksonville at halftime 50-7. They also tied Fountain Lake, who was mercy ruled by Dardanelle tonight. Hopefully, for their sake, they've improved since then or this could be very ugly.

InYoGrill

W Memphis- LOL!

Maumelle will surprise Wynne in this one.  Hornets played a weak non but the west teams have them ready for passing teams and running from V.  Maumelle has more than just their QB, who happens to be electrifying. He can throw well and they have a decent running game with their backs. I wasnt impressed with all the receiver drops when V played them. Their O line is huge. Kicker is solid. But their D is what got them this far. They are physical and run to the ball very well.   I might show up to this game.

Jacket fans, you sit on the same side as the home team believe it or not. The field is new turf, the stands are huge, and the press box is small college size. LOTS of rest room stalls! Lots of concession areas under stands. Visitor parking is meager at best. Best to park out by the school bldgs behind home stands.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: wynneaholic© on November 15, 2014, 11:17:48 am
I know Maumelle is not undefeated by accident but I have looked at their schedule and they have not played a team as fast and physical as wynne.  It is at Maumelle so they have the advantage there, but that is the only advantage.  Game stays close until mid 2nd quarter and then Wynne's speed takes over and Wynne takes this one 42-14

We beat J-vile without our QB. With him, we win that game by 3 scores or more.  Anyway, I have no doubt Wynne has speed, but we're pretty fast ourselves.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go.Razorhogs on November 15, 2014, 11:28:54 am
Maumelle's schedule doesn't look very good. Especially their non-conference portion. They only beat Jacksonville by 2, 9-7. Pulaski Academy was up on Jacksonville at halftime 50-7. They also tied Fountain Lake, who was mercy ruled by Dardanelle tonight. Hopefully, for their sake, they've improved since then or this could be very ugly.

Of course they have improved since week 3.  Most teams at this point wouldn't be here unless they have improved.

#1jacketfan

They struggled with a 4 seed from the south cmon!

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 15, 2014, 01:21:09 pm

They won.  You struggled with Nettleton for 2 and a half quarters.  It doesn't matter how you win, it just matters that you win.

playmaker04

Wynne will commit football homicide on Maumelle. 48-13.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 15, 2014, 01:32:18 pm

They won.  You struggled with Nettleton for 2 and a half quarters.  It doesn't matter how you win, it just matters that you win.
I'm flattered

pantherblue

This game will be closer than most think.

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 15, 2014, 02:59:31 pm

I'm flattered

I guess a huge difference could be how both teams handle adversity.  Maumelle has won several close games and knows how to finish the games with game winning drives.  Wynne doesn't. 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 15, 2014, 02:59:31 pm

I'm flattered
Besides Nettleton would win the south!

Lionheart88

Y'all keep saying that, but aside from Batesville demolishing WC before they got their act together (circa week 5) there's really no direct comparison.  Nettleton got beat by Beebe, and the Central is probably the weakest conference top to bottom.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 15, 2014, 04:15:11 pm
Y'all keep saying that, but aside from Batesville demolishing WC before they got their act together (circa week 5) there's really no direct comparison.  Nettleton got beat by Beebe, and the Central is probably the weakest conference top to bottom.

Batesville wasn't very good that first game either.  I would say they have both improved at about the same pace.  But you're right, the Central is the weakest.  It doesn't do any good comparing scores.  Maumelle has it's toughest opponent that it has seen all season coming up this Friday though, that's one certainty.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 15, 2014, 11:33:01 am
Jacket fans, you sit on the same side as the home team believe it or not.

wut

InYoGrill

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 15, 2014, 05:24:51 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 15, 2014, 11:33:01 am
Jacket fans, you sit on the same side as the home team believe it or not.

wut

Maumelle has a brand new sweet football facility but NO visitor seating across from home side. Its all on the same side. And what i understand NO visitor football locker rooms.

Uncle Ivan

So where does the visiting team get dressed out?  Gym?

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 15, 2014, 04:15:11 pm
And the West don't have nothing either and they knocked off WC!

DaOldRef

The visitors have dressing facilities right next to the Hornets dressing room.  It is the Freshman locker room, as I understand it.  Very few of the opponents have elected to use it.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 15, 2014, 05:53:46 pm
So where does the visiting team get dressed out?  Gym?
There's a gravel road that runs just behind the visitor's benches.  White Hall just pulled their buses up right there and had the guys get back on the buses at halftime.

RedJacket

IYG, how can a stadium be that sweet if you don't have any accommodations for visitors. Even Gus Malzahn Field  in Hughes has visitor bleachers.   I admit the half of the stadium that is there looks nice but why didn't they finish it?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: RedJacket on November 16, 2014, 01:01:21 pm
IYG, how can a stadium be that sweet if you don't have any accommodations for visitors. Even Gus Malzahn Field  in Hughes has visitor bleachers.   I admit the half of the stadium that is there looks nice but why didn't they finish it?

You'd have to ask the PCSSD. Of course any answer you get from them probably wouldn't be the truth so on second thought it wouldn't be a good idea to ask them.

Hope that answers your question, somewhat.

DaOldRef

It's the PCSSD. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  They ran out of money and cuts were made all over the place on stuff they should have kept AND they funded for shop/industrial arts class with nice equipment and the teacher retired and wasn't replaced.

the_whitester_21

Yellow jackets win this 38-22

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DaOldRef on November 16, 2014, 06:48:30 pm
It's the PCSSD.

That's explanation enough.

Anti-consolidation folks can always point to that district in their arguments.

justalionfan

Here is what i found on their stadum

chilly gilly

Uncle Ivan

The PCSSD could screw up a one car parade.

FD4

Well you see, its like this, when a 2A school out grows itself and finds itself in the 5A ranks, PC has a hard time dishing out money for sports anyway, let alone to Maumelle.  This makes me mad, now I am both upset and mad.  So, Wynne will just take care of the problem, send Maumelle into Chuck Taylor season and get rid of another PC school district opponent.  Wynne Rolls on in this game just like the last one.  Nuff said! 

PercussionMan

If Wynne goes up by a couple scores in this one, I don't think Maumelle will catch up.  I'm figuring Wynne by at least 14.

wynnefootballfan

I know nothing about this team so I will blindly pull for the Jackets. On the stadium note, it is not uncommon for high school stadiums to have one sided seating out west. Which seems kinda silly to me. You would think that after that much effort that a small set of bleachers would'nt be that big of a deal. I have seen a place or two where location prevented. Anyway, lets go Jackets and get one more home game this year.

the voice

In my opinion the defense is key in this, Wynnes defense is gonna swarm them, maumelles defense has been solid but coach Hill will take what they give and then make em pay for gambling, Maumelles offense didnt impress me as a championship offense, they are big up front, thats true. IMO Wynne rolls in town and shows them what a championship level team looks like. I think itll be a short game. Welcome to second round of playoffs, Wynne in a big convincing win. Sorry Maumelle the west was down this year

wing

Seems that sooner or later making fans of both teams sit on the same side will eventually lead to a bad outcome. Could be Friday night. Wynne 42 Maumelle 20

Lionheart88

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2014, 02:23:06 pm
In my opinion the defense is key in this, Wynnes defense is gonna swarm them, maumelles defense has been solid but coach Hill will take what they give and then make em pay for gambling, Maumelles offense didnt impress me as a championship offense, they are big up front, thats true. IMO Wynne rolls in town and shows them what a championship level team looks like. I think itll be a short game. Welcome to second round of playoffs, Wynne in a big convincing win. Sorry Maumelle the west was down this year
The West was down, but Maumelle was still challenge more than Wynne was.  Wynne feasted on the Paragoulds and Valley Views of the East and lost to the only quality team they faced.  Now, I don't think anyone questions that Wynne is the best of the 2 seeds, but if the team thinks they're going to roll in and win a laugher the way the fans seem to, they'd best be counseled to remember that pride goeth before a fall.  Maumelle is nobody's pushover.  They're champions of the most competitive conference in the state for a reason.

pantherblue

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 17, 2014, 03:07:48 pm
The West was down, but Maumelle was still challenge more than Wynne was.  Wynne feasted on the Paragoulds and Valley Views of the East and lost to the only quality team they faced.  Now, I don't think anyone questions that Wynne is the best of the 2 seeds, but if the team thinks they're going to roll in and win a laugher the way the fans seem to, they'd best be counseled to remember that pride goeth before a fall.  Maumelle is nobody's pushover.  They're champions of the most competitive conference in the state for a reason.

Well stated!

FD4

I guess your right, after all, that university up in the hills finally defeated a legitimate opponent for the first time in TWO YEARS!  Maumelle could win this game, but not this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 17, 2014, 03:07:48 pm

It is clearly a down year in the West Alma would have rolled through the West without a hiccup if they didn't move up.  The West has lost it's two powerhouses recently, and replaced them with Maumelle.  Maumelle is a good team, but Wynne is better. I think Wynne is going to surprise some of Maumelle's fans this weekend.

pantherblue

It could be the other way around!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: pantherblue on November 17, 2014, 04:24:18 pm
It could be the other way around!!

It could be.  I figure I'll be at this game.  It should be a good one. 

PercussionMan

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on November 17, 2014, 01:08:55 pm
Anyway, lets go Jackets and get one more home game this year.

The only way that would happen is if Beebe defeats Hot Springs.  Otherwise, Wynne would travel to Hot Springs in the semifinals, because of the seeding.

hartzman1

I am from White Hall and this is what I know. A multi million dollar facility and NO vistors bleachers, vistors dressing room over 1/2 mile from the stadium and a rude bias announcer. We made make shift tents and brought heaters so the team had somewhere warm for half time. The starters went to the tents and all others went to the busses. Half of the parents went to the visitors side to be with the team while the other half sat on the home side with our band.  They shouldnt be able to host a playoff game in my opinion. I expected more from a school hosting a game like this! Oh, and by the way, we still almost won! Hats off to White Hall! Wynne, take care of business! White Hall is behind you!

kwwolves2012

Yes, Wynne has beaten plenty of cupcakes. But they destroy them. I think of Wynne as like Oregon. Athletes on both sides of the ball but the defense can be caught off guard at times. Maumelle is more like Florida State, yes they win their games but always need to pull a rabbit out of their hat to get it done. Wynne is too explosive for Maumelle to counter if they ever get down though. And Batesville is like Alabama, they have a few issues, but they game plan like no other and always compete their tails off. Wynne can't seem to overcome that, but they take care of business every other time. I expect Wynne to keep a 7-14 pt lead most of the game and pull away to win by a score of 42-20.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: hartzman1 on November 17, 2014, 05:06:03 pm
I am from White Hall and this is what I know. A multi million dollar facility and NO vistors bleachers, vistors dressing room over 1/2 mile from the stadium and a rude bias announcer. We made make shift tents and brought heaters so the team had somewhere warm for half time. The starters went to the tents and all others went to the busses. Half of the parents went to the visitors side to be with the team while the other half sat on the home side with our band.  They shouldnt be able to host a playoff game in my opinion. I expected more from a school hosting a game like this! Oh, and by the way, we still almost won! Hats off to White Hall! Wynne, take care of business! White Hall is behind you!

FanOfTheSport

Wynne by as many as they want.

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on November 17, 2014, 08:11:55 am
Here is what i found on their stadum

Nice home side. The ignorance in the PCCSD shows in the visitors side

Hoghead

Muamelle by 7........you heard it here 1st !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas