• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ Pulaski Academy

Started by Youngsta71701, November 15, 2014, 08:32:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1jacketfan

Quote from: RamAlum10 on November 19, 2014, 10:17:21 am
People that have PA as a 28 point favorite are DELUSIONAL!

This is High School football we are talking about here.  Remember when PA was favored by 14 against Batesville, and had arguably one of the most unstoppable WR (H Henry) in Arkansas history?  And lost by 19??  Yes, Camden is somewhat "down" this year, but this team can beat anyone in the state.  Have a few balls bounce your way, combined with CF speed, elusiveness, and athleticism, this could very well be an "upset".  I think the Hootens Homers (PA fans) are a little out of their mind.  I think CF wins this game in a low scoring game (at least for PA standards) 42-40.  CF proved they can score quick and often last week against Harrison (Who probably has just as good as a defense as PA).  We will see come Friday, but if you are betting the house on some high school kids, you got a rude awakening coming.
This game will be closer than people think...PA has'nt played any real teams this year...Their stiffest competition was supposed to be SHill's....and everyone knows what happened to them last week.....so people that think PA is gonna blow CF out....you better keep your money in your pocket!

spongebob

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2014, 10:35:39 am

This is High School football we are talking about here.  Remember when PA was favored by 14 against Batesville, and had arguably one of the most unstoppable WR (H Henry) in Arkansas history?  And lost by 19??  Yes, Camden is somewhat "down" this year, but this team can beat anyone in the state.  Have a few balls bounce your way, combined with CF speed, elusiveness, and athleticism, this could very well be an "upset".  I think the Hootens Homers (PA fans) are a little out of their mind.  I think CF wins this game in a low scoring game (at least for PA standards) 42-40.  CF proved they can score quick and often last week against Harrison (Who probably has just as good as a defense as PA).  We will see come Friday, but if you are betting the house on some high school kids, you got a rude awakening coming.
This game will be closer than people think...PA has'nt played any real teams this year...Their stiffest competition was supposed to be SHill's....and everyone knows what happened to them last week.....so people that think PA is gonna blow CF out....you better keep your money in your pocket!
I heard PA was favored by 42  ;D

InYoGrill

Not in state comp. but did you pay attn to when they almost beat one of the better BIG boy teams in Texas (Lake Highlands) earlier in the year? Warren also is very good though 4A.

RamAlum10

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2014, 11:25:16 am

Not in state comp. but did you pay attn to when they almost beat one of the better BIG boy teams in Texas (Lake Highlands) earlier in the year? Warren also is very good though 4A.

Highland Park is a great team, but.. HP had never seen PA play before, nor did they know how to defend PA's constant onside kicks and passing skeleton. 

With that being said, I think HP beats PA by 21+ now that they have seen their attack.  CF has seen the PA scheme week in and week out, I think they'll be prepared and ready.  PA has played CF type speed all season, but those teams (Sylvan, Beebe, etc) have zero organization.  Mike Cox and company will have the CF boys ready for war.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: spongebob on November 19, 2014, 10:40:25 am

I heard PA was favored by 42  ;D
I'm not saying CF will win....but PA wont win by 42....there wont be any more blow outs from here on out!

RamAlum10

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20140905-eighty-and-counting-highland-park-extends-home-winning-streak-against-unorthodox-opponent-from-little-rock.ece

Like I said, PA caught Highland off guard obviously.. going up 2 touchdowns early after converting onside kicks and 4th downs.. then HP went on to score 34 unanswered, and built a cushion.  If it wasn't for HP being caught off guard, this game could have been ugly.  Yes the score was close, but HP was in control from 2nd quarter on.

PA hasn't had a tough game since the first week of September.. Their conference is HORRIBLE!  I think this game comes down to last few minutes.  Will PA starters be gassed after having to play a whole game, instead of the first half?  Will their unorthodox play succeed?  A lot more pressure on PA than CF at this point!

Complete Biased PoV

November 19, 2014, 02:23:26 pm #106 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:26:55 pm by Complete Biased PoV
Quote from: RamAlum10 on November 19, 2014, 01:55:36 pm
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20140905-eighty-and-counting-highland-park-extends-home-winning-streak-against-unorthodox-opponent-from-little-rock.ece

Like I said, PA caught Highland off guard obviously.. going up 2 touchdowns early after converting onside kicks and 4th downs.. then HP went on to score 34 unanswered, and built a cushion.  If it wasn't for HP being caught off guard, this game could have been ugly.  Yes the score was close, but HP was in control from 2nd quarter on.

PA hasn't had a tough game since the first week of September.. Their conference is HORRIBLE!  I think this game comes down to last few minutes.  Will PA starters be gassed after having to play a whole game, instead of the first half?  Will their unorthodox play succeed?  A lot more pressure on PA than CF at this point!

PA recovered 0 onside kicks in the first 2 games.  HP built a cushion but never took their starters out.... so obviously they weren't feeling super comfortable.  Everyone keeps talking about how HORRIBLE the 5A Central is....but every 1 & 2 seed is in the 2nd round, is the bottom half of the conference horrible...yes, but so is every other conference's bottom half.  One thing I can promise you, there will not be any PA starters "gassed" because of having to play a whole game.

football nut

Dr. Horne says, "stop talking bad about a school that has so many parents that give money to Ouachita." Go back to your elementary ed class and draw some stick people.
We know who you are!

spongebob

Quote from: football nut on November 19, 2014, 03:09:33 pm

Dr. Horne says, "stop talking bad about a school that has so many parents that give money to Ouachita." Go back to your elementary ed class and draw some stick people.
We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: spongebob on November 19, 2014, 03:21:20 pm

We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

I think it is a reference to Dr. Rex Horne, former pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church in LR and current president of that school across Hwy 67 from Henderson State University in Arkadelphia.

spongebob

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 19, 2014, 04:46:52 pm

We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

I think it is a reference to Dr. Rex Horne, former pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church in LR and current president of that school across Hwy 67 from Henderson State University in Arkadelphia.
Ha ha. OBWHO???

RamAlum10

November 19, 2014, 05:04:53 pm #111 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:11:44 pm by RamAlum10
Quote from: spongebob on November 19, 2014, 04:55:01 pm

We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

Ha ha. OBWHO???

RamAlum10

We know who you are!

Kinda creepy but glad you know me

oldscribe

I seem to recollect there was a young Rex Horne running around the grounds of Fairview Middle School shortly after leaving Cullendale. Would this Dr. Rex Horne be one and the same? If so, some of those same kind of prayers that went up for OBU last week could have Cardinals wings on them this week....

RamAlum10

Quote from: oldscribe on November 19, 2014, 07:09:15 pm
I seem to recollect there was a young Rex Horne running around the grounds of Fairview Middle School shortly after leaving Cullendale. Would this Dr. Rex Horne be one and the same? If so, some of those same kind of prayers that went up for OBU last week could have Cardinals wings on them this week....

Thats him

And if you went or go to Cullendale, I am sure we know ALOT of the same people.

football nut

Quote from: RamAlum10 on November 19, 2014, 07:10:31 pm

Thats him

Amen to that! A prayer and an ex Auburn quarterback will do wonders!!!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: football nut on November 19, 2014, 07:38:16 pm

Sounds like it is time to pass the collection plate.......

Thats him

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 19, 2014, 08:34:42 pm
Quote from: football nut on November 19, 2014, 07:38:16 pm

Sounds like it is time to pass the collection plate.......

Thats him

RamAlum10

We know who you are!

For what its worth.. I knew 2 people that went to PA when I was at OBU.  LRCA is where all the money is coming from.

wing

We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

He was one of my first Cardinal heroes. #10 in the program, #1 in our hearts! Played QB and was a pretty good point guard I believe back in the Pat Foster days before he joined Eddie Sutton at Arkansas.

football nut

Quote from: wing on November 20, 2014, 05:50:19 am

We know who you are!
Who's dr horne?

He was one of my first Cardinal heroes. #10 in the program, #1 in our hearts! Played QB and was a pretty good point guard I believe back in the Pat Foster days before he joined Eddie Sutton at Arkansas.
You will not find a finer man than Dr. Horne.

Lanny

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Lanny on November 20, 2014, 08:21:30 am
I may attend this one

I'm giving serious thought about attending this game.

Uncle Ivan

that school across Hwy 67 from Henderson State University in Arkadelphia.

What school would that be?

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2014, 05:47:06 pm
Quote from: PercussionMan on November 18, 2014, 04:51:55 pm
High scoring offenses can keep up with PA because of the short field and their usual lack of strong defense...recover ALL of the onside kicks (or stop them when you don't)...get ahead by 2-3 scores...make a few defensive stops (especially deep in their own territory, and they WILL punt, although not much)...keep the pedal down for four quarters, and you win.  If behind by 2-3 scores, they might close the gap late and make a last ditch effort to tie, but sound defense can stop that...10 yards at a time (you know you have to stop them on 4th down).  Another thing...Morrilton had very strong fan support last year (as always).  Our fans packed the stands on the road and were loud the whole game (even at PA, despite the cold and rain all day and night).  I'm thinking this game is worth the trip to watch, if it's not too cold for me.

I can't decide between this game and the Maumelle/Wynne game! I'm leaning toward Maumelle because I think I'll get to go to PA next Friday night.

This is exactly my situation...I'm wanting to go find out how good this Maumelle defense really is (or isn't)...and, PA is predicted to beat CF by 21 (which I don't think is accurate, but I don't know enough about CF to really say).  I figure I'll go watch PA and Batesville (which I assume with happen) next week.  I've actually had a couple of people tell me to go to Wynne/Maumelle...I'm still kind of up in the air about it.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 10:16:43 pm
You probably will, besides, the only other game that night will be in Wynne.

ONLY if you're expecting Beebe to win also.  If Hot Springs wins, they are a #1 seed...Wynne is a #2...Wynne would travel to Hot Springs.  If Beebe wins, they also are a #2 seed, so the top team in the bracket has home field. 

Maynard G Krebs

Thats him

Part of the regular crowd hanging out at The Retreat?

spongebob

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2014, 02:54:15 pm

Thats him

Closed

wing

Quote from: spongebob on November 20, 2014, 03:26:30 pm

Thats him

Closed

They go to the Rainbow, The Cellar or T-Bo's. ;D

football nut

Quote from: wing on November 20, 2014, 04:33:58 pm
T-Bo's sounds interesting!

Thats him

Closed

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 20, 2014, 11:29:02 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 10:16:43 pm
You probably will, besides, the only other game that night will be in Wynne.

ONLY if you're expecting Beebe to win also. 

I am.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: football nut on November 20, 2014, 04:36:27 pm
Quote from: wing on November 20, 2014, 04:33:58 pm
T-Bo's sounds interesting!

Thats him

Closed

Or if you have the hankering to be near an old IP mill, they go down to Cullen LA and patronize Trudy's or Friendly's

michael2370

If Camden win and so does Batesville who host the game.  Batesville being higher seed or Camden being on upper bracket.  If Pa win the question does not matter Batesville goes to PA.

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: michael2370 on November 20, 2014, 06:40:05 pm
If Camden win and so does Batesville who host the game.  Batesville being higher seed or Camden being on upper bracket.  If Pa win the question does not matter Batesville goes to PA.
camden would go to Batesville if they beat PA. Higher seed always get home field. Camdens a 2 Batesville is a 1

This will be a close game as long as Camden can contain their passing game. P.A.'s QB might win all of the teddy bears at the fair on that side of the river, but only because they throw from the kiddy line up there. Camden 35 P.A. 28.

Overdahill

Youngsta71701

If Camden Fairview recovers the onside kicks and don't turn the ball over this game will be very interesting.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: 870 on November 21, 2014, 11:12:27 am
This will be a close game as long as Camden can contain their passing game. P.A.'s QB might win all of the teddy bears at the fair on that side of the river, but only because they throw from the kiddy line up there. Camden 35 P.A. 28.

Which river are you referring to?

thalilcrzydawg

Will PA have a live feed for this game?

Complete Biased PoV

razorcardsfan11

22-6 at half. Cards surprised them in the 1st quarter and kept then scoreless. PA has threw 2 picks but still lead by 16 at half after scoring 22 unanswered points

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Camden defense seemed to be on field entire 2nd quarter.

Camden was threatening to score already up 6-0 in 2nd qtr when PA intercepted a middle screen at around 15 and returned it to 50.  Seemed to revive the Bruins.

Maynard G Krebs

Great defensive play by the Bruins.   I think CF was caught off guard by the speed of PA receivers. 

football nut

Bump

Rockhounds x2

Well why did the mighty CF fall? I'm sure it was those coaches or something like that? I told ya to bring your own officials!

spongebob

Good game by PA. Very talented and will be hard to beat!

PA Dad

Well, I guess I'm delusional but it sure feels good!

hogrock

Quote from: football nut on November 21, 2014, 10:36:03 pm

Bump

Re-bump :) wow ram alum & jacket fan, yall were spot on! You guys don't pay very good attention do you??

Let's see here...

Weak PA defense - check
Not enough speed - check
Gassed in 2nd half - check

What else have I missed? Oh yeah, sarcasm  ::)

wing

Congrads to PA. Good luck next week. I thought the Cardinal defense played great. Was on the field the entire night it seemed. Proud of the effort.

RamAlum10

Gotta hand it to em!  PA came to play after the first few seasons.  Congrats!  And please beat Batesville!  Would like to see a PA and Wynne final.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas