• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East confernce to beat.

Started by Wildhog14, November 08, 2014, 09:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog14

The top 3 teams in 5A are by far Batesville, Wynne, and PA. 
Conference rankings are in this order I believe.. 1 East 2 South 3 West 4 Central
Look for East and Even South to win 3 of 4.

pantherblue

Lionheart88

I don't know that I'd say the easy is the conference to beat.  The East has 2 great teams, but after that?  Yuck.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 09, 2014, 09:21:19 pm
I don't know that I'd say the easy is the conference to beat.  The East has 2 great teams, but after that?  Yuck.
Exactly ! The 3 & 4 spot schools are 1 and done out of the East.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoghead on November 10, 2014, 02:54:34 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 09, 2014, 09:21:19 pm
Exactly ! The 3 & 4 spot schools are 1 and done out of the East.

Agreed.  I think the best conference this year from top to bottom is the South, even though they don't have a top team in the state.  The West could prove everyone wrong this Friday, so we will see.  The east only has those two teams and nothing else... every single year.

michael2370

The east three seed could surprise people this year.  They were leading in the third quarter against Wynne this year.  They also gave Batesville all they wanted.

MDXPHD

Quote from: michael2370 on November 10, 2014, 08:37:06 am
The east three seed could surprise people this year.  They were leading in the third quarter against Wynne this year.  They also gave Batesville all they wanted.

They also lost both games by 20+...

walkingguy72396

Not saying this is the case as I did not see Nettleton play.  Some-times when a team trails late in the game.  They go for it on 4th from their own 30 and other high risk plays that result in easier scores for the other team and you get steam rolled.

Intelligentsia

November 10, 2014, 08:54:00 am #8 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:57:27 am by Intelligentsia
I'm hopeful, and somewhat optimistic about Nettleton's chances in this game.  Yes, they did lose to Batesville and Wynne by a significant margin, but Beebe also lost to P.A. by 30.  The Central second tier teams (everyone but P.A.) have been no better than the East for the past few years.  While likely improved, this is a Beebe team that lost to Lonoke, Greebrier, and Villonia, to start the season 0-3.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 10, 2014, 08:54:00 am
I'm hopeful, and somewhat optimistic about Nettleton's chances in this game.  Yes, they did lose to Batesville and Wynne by a significant margin, but Beebe also lost to P.A. by 30.  The Central second tier teams (everyone but P.A.) have been no better than the East for the past few years.  While likely improved, this is a Beebe team that lost to Lonoke, Greebrier, and Villonia, to start the season 0-3.

I agree that Nettleton has a good matchup, but they aren't very good.  Along with the bottom 3 central teams.  It's hard to tell how the West/South are.  The West is usually good because there is a solid team with signature outside conference wins, such as Alma/Greenwood, but this year there isn't one.  Friday will tell a lot.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2014, 07:57:10 am
I think the best conference this year from top to bottom is the South

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 10, 2014, 09:31:49 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2014, 07:57:10 am
I think the best conference this year from top to bottom is the South

Denial is a funny subject ? Hey wasn't Wynne's last two playoff runs ended by the 5A South ? LOL !!!

The Future

Man you leave the 5A board for a few days and come back to find crazy threads!

Wynne and Batesville are good no doubt and most have one of them being champs.
But there is no conference to beat. There is a team to beat. Morrilton is the defending champs and are the team to beat.

Now there is and can be a "best" conference in 5A. That would be either the West or South. Each has their own reasons for claiming best conference.
The East is not the best conference. Outside Wynne and Batesville there is no one.

Lionheart88

Quote from: The Future on November 10, 2014, 04:48:08 pm

But there is no conference to beat. There is a team to beat. Morrilton is the defending champs and are the team to beat.

Now there is and can be a "best" conference in 5A. That would be either the West or South. Each has their own reasons for claiming best conference.
The East is not the best conference. Outside Wynne and Batesville there is no one.
I predict that no one will beat Morrilton this entire postseason.

Hoghead

Bebee will beat Nettleton. Then PA is going to do a live autopsy and embalming on Blytheville !

The Future

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 10, 2014, 05:14:46 pm

Trying to make me sound stupid with my previous post huh lol.
I know Motown is not in the playoffs.
I was just referring to Morrilton being the defending champs and everyone wants to beat the champ.

I guess a better worded post could have been 'Morrilton is the defending champ and was the team to beat'

Blazer51

Quote from: Hoghead on November 10, 2014, 05:24:00 pm
Bebee will beat Nettleton. Then PA is going to do a live autopsy and embalming on Blytheville !

Not a chance, Nettleton is fixing to hand it to BeBee and Blytheville will be just fine.

Have you seen nettleton play?

Blazer51

I correct the BLythville part i was thinking about wanting to watch the Baitsville game in my head and missread what you said. :o ???

mijally

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 10, 2014, 05:56:19 pm

Not a chance, Nettleton is fixing to hand it to BeBee and Blytheville will be just fine.

They might Tripp over a Beebe gun. They're no Daisy.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The Future on November 10, 2014, 04:48:08 pmOutside Wynne and Batesville there is no one.

Except a few programs that would make the playoffs from the South or West.

heck, probably would win either one outright.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on November 10, 2014, 06:07:32 pm

They might Tripp over a Beebe gun. They're no Daisy.

Haha I see what you did there.  Nice one.

Hoghead

Ha Ha, no I haven't seen Nettleton play. You asked me the same thing about Vv before Wynne beat them. The answer is the same .  They will lose !!!!!

Wildhog14

Nettleton will beat Beebe by double digits and Blytheville will play PA closer than anyone in the Central did. They may not be in PA's class but both Nettleton and Blytheville could beat anyone else in the central. The South is still a good conference from what it looks like but the west looks a little down

pantherblue

A D M

Nettleton beat Beebe last year and will again this year. They have improved so much from last year.

that1guy2110

Haven't been able to see either one play but I have a close friend from beebe who says they are a different team since getting that one kid back. I'm gonna go beebe in this one. Will be a good game though

A D M

Quote from: that1guy2110 on November 10, 2014, 09:15:56 pm
Haven't been able to see either one play but I have a close friend from beebe who says they are a different team since getting that one kid back. I'm gonna go beebe in this one. Will be a good game though
Sounds like all they have got to do is stop him and Nettleton should have it in the bag

tmycjy

Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2014, 08:51:56 pm
Nettleton will not beat Beebe.

Only time will tell for them lol lol lol lol lol

Hoghead

Heck Beebe is a 5A East Stepchild anyway, so it isn't that much of a stretch if Nettleton happens to win. Bebee has played in the 5A East for years until the move to the 5A Central. So basicly it's to East teams reuniting in the playoffs. Go Badgers !

AT

Quote from: tmycjy on November 10, 2014, 10:18:11 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2014, 08:51:56 pm
Nettleton will not beat Beebe.

Only time will tell for them lol lol lol lol lol

tmycjy has become self aware of his schtick. We can't let this happen ;)

Youngsta71701

November 11, 2014, 07:11:35 am #30 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:26:43 am by Youngsta71701
5A East conference to beat.

Nope!

MDXPHD

It doesn't even matter who wins the Nettleton/Beebe game.  Both teams are irrelevant when it comes to state.  It's funny that this game is getting so much attention.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2014, 07:40:48 am
It doesn't even matter who wins the Nettleton/Beebe game.  Both teams are irrelevant when it comes to state.  It's funny that this game is getting so much attention.

It's East Homers vs East Haters!!  This may be the biggest game of the week for we few and proud East Homers.  Go Raiders!!

walkingguy72396

Its getting attention because, A team with an actual 4th seed record but getting a 2 seed bid, is going against a team with a real 3 seed record.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 11, 2014, 09:01:09 am
Its getting attention because, A team with an actual 4th seed record but getting a 2 seed bid, is going against a team with a real 3 seed record.

This is exactly why it shouldn't get any attention.

Hoghead

November 11, 2014, 10:05:37 am #35 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:07:17 am by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 10, 2014, 07:47:38 pm
Quote from: The Future on November 10, 2014, 04:48:08 pmOutside Wynne and Batesville there is no one.

Meanwhile at Larry's Liquor Emporium and Fairy Tale Lounge.... Nice try ! How long did it take you to stop laughing to make this warm fuzzy of a post ? You have teams in the 5A East who have never won the 5A East ever ! Win your own conference before you fix your mouth about winning somebody elses with those junk teams in the 5A East. Blytheville, Forrest City, GCT & Paragould have a combined playoff record of 5-41 ! They beat no one outside of the 5A East in the playoffs. LOL !

walkingguy72396

I do not believe for one second that since the beginning of time that the East has had 4 teams that are expected to go on too the second round.

Maybe 1 time in the last 20 years has the East had a legit shot at 3 teams going to the second round.

This year that chance is at least 50/50 of 3 teams from the East going on too play in the second round.

Which in almost every sane persons point of view would make the East Contenders for this years strongest 5A Conference.

This Friday will verify every-bodies opinion.  Pro or Con.

PercussionMan

I thought this was spot on!  Morrilton will not lose in the playoffs for the second year in a row!  This has to be a first!

I can laugh at this, even though my Devil Dogs didn't make it back this year.  But, I will enjoy some playoff football as I plan to check out a game each week to see some good teams lay it all out on the line.  I don't have to stress about it as much each week this year...I can just watch games and enjoy the atmosphere.  I love high school football and can't believe there are only 4-5 weeks left!

pantherblue

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2014, 10:28:59 am

I thought this was spot on!  Morrilton will not lose in the playoffs for the second year in a row!  This has to be a first!

I can laugh at this, even though my Devil Dogs didn't make it back this year.  But, I will enjoy some playoff football as I plan to check out a game each week to see some good teams lay it all out on the line.  I don't have to stress about it as much each week this year...I can just watch games and enjoy the atmosphere.  I love high school football and can't believe there are only 4-5 weeks left!

I know what you mean PercussionMan!  Glad Greenbrier is in and hope they go far...  If not, I will head over to Benton and check them out if they are still in it...

PercussionMan

Quote from: pantherblue on November 11, 2014, 10:35:50 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2014, 10:28:59 am

I know what you mean PercussionMan!  Glad Greenbrier is in and hope they go far...  If not, I will head over to Benton and check them out if they are still in it...

The two games that are on my radar (travel wise) that I would be able to make it to in time for kickoff or pretty close would be Greenbrier/Watson Chapel OR Pottsville/Arkadelphia...since I work in Russellville and get off no earlier than about 6:00pm.  I got to Greenbrier almost in time for kickoff last Thursday night, but it took so long to find a parking spot, walk to the stadium, and get a seat that it was midway through the first quarter by the time I started watching!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: A D M on November 10, 2014, 09:20:28 pm
Quote from: that1guy2110 on November 10, 2014, 09:15:56 pm
Sounds like all they have got to do is stop him and Nettleton should have it in the bag

Tripp Smith is good!  Stopping him is easier said than done too.  I think this game has the potential to be the closest game in the 1st round. 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Wildhog14 on November 10, 2014, 08:48:36 pm
Nettleton will beat Beebe by double digits and Blytheville will play PA closer than anyone in the Central did. They may not be in PA's class but both Nettleton and Blytheville could beat anyone else in the central. The South is still a good conference from what it looks like but the west looks a little down

Highly doubtful!!!!  ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Don't mean to be too picky here, but I'm pretty sure an autopsy is by definition a post-mortem procedure, but I really like the way you paint the picture!

Hoghead

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 11, 2014, 08:08:58 pm

Don't mean to be too picky here, but I'm pretty sure an autopsy is by definition a post-mortem procedure, but I really like the way you paint the picture!
I understand, but I did say a LIVE Autopsy.... LOL !

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Hoghead on November 11, 2014, 10:05:37 am

Meanwhile at Larry's Liquor Emporium and Fairy Tale Lounge.... Nice try ! How long did it take you to stop laughing to make this warm fuzzy of a post ? You have teams in the 5A East who have never won the 5A East ever ! Win your own conference before you fix your mouth about winning somebody elses with those junk teams in the 5A East. Blytheville, Forrest City, GCT & Paragould have a combined playoff record of 5-41 ! They beat no one outside of the 5A East in the playoffs. LOL !

I like the fact you put out about 5-41 but that number in context is all of those teams are usually 4 seeds out of the east meaning they play 1 seeds from someone else's conference they are not supposed to win that game. A better stat would be a conference's overall record in the playoffs for conference strength.  But I'm to lazy to look that up.

Hoghead

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 12, 2014, 09:10:39 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 11, 2014, 10:05:37 am

I like the fact you put out about 5-41 but that number in context is all of those teams are usually 4 seeds out of the east meaning they play 1 seeds from someone else's conference they are not supposed to win that game. A better stat would be a conference's overall record in the playoffs for conference strength.  But I'm to lazy to look that up.

The 5A East is 65-122 in the playoffs. Wynne at 36-27 and Batesville at 20-18 are the only schools with winning playoff records. 56 of the 65 5A East wins are by those two schools. Its the worst competitive in and out of conference group in 5A Football. Wynne & Batesville tote the note.

Blazer51

I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 12, 2014, 10:39:05 am
I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

I guess you are right the most losses any conference could have in the playoffs is 4. You could count the number of wins but in the East case everyone thinks Wynne and Batesville are great and the rest of the conference is crap.
    I was mostly trying to point out saying a bunch of 4 seeds have went 5-41 against 1 seeds is a poor way to say a conference is not good. Take Blytheville this year we get PA I only think there are 2 teams in 5A that can beat them that is Wynne And Batesville and those should be close games.  Last time Blytheville was in the playoffs we played a Camden team that only two teams in the playoffs had a chance to beat. Until anyone can get over the big Wynne and Batesville hump in our conference the other teams will always be playing the best teams from ever other conference in the 1st round.

#1jacketfan

Has PA faced a defense like Wynne and Batesville has?...just asking

michael2370

Maybe the team pa played in Texas but not since

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas