• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My preseason rankings in each conference.

Started by 870ARK, April 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

870ARK

April 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:48:39 am by 870ARK
3A-1
Booneville
Charleston
Lamar
Cedarville
Paris
Greenland
Mansfield
West Fork

3A-2   
Clinton
Harding Academy
Marshall
Rose Bud
Cedar Ridge
Melbourne
Mountain View
Yellville-Summit

3A-3
Newport
Osceola
Hoxie
Piggott
Manila
Harrisburg
Walnut Ridge
Corning

3A-4
Glen Rose
Mayflower
Baptist Prep
Atkins
Danville
Jessieville
Perryville
Two Rivers

3A-5
Prescott
Bismarck
Smackover
Harmony Grove
Centerpoint
Fouke
Genoa Central
Horatio

3A-6
McGehee
Barton
Dollarway
Rison
Drew Central
Episcopal
Lakeside
Palestine-Wheatley

HG Hornet

3A-5
Prescott
Bismarck
Smackover
Harmony Grove
Centerpoint
Fouke
Genoa Central
Horatio

You certainly have a right to your opinion, but Bismarck is not better than Smackover or CHG.........not just yet!  Give Coach Keithley time to get the Bismarck players in the weight room and get them bigger and stronger, but wins over the Bucks & Hornets won't happen in '18. 

I don't know much about all the teams in the 3A-5, but my top three would be Prescott, Smackover, CHG, then the rest however they fall.  I think when CHG plays Smackover, that'll be for 2nd and 3rd place seeding in the playoffs.  I would also expect Rison to end up better than 4th place in the 3A-6.   

Hgalum50

Bismarck 2nd in the 5 😂😂! Dude get real! Rison will at least be 3 seed in the 6! You might want to do research before you do your 23rd post.

870ARK

i don't have a lot of knowledge on the bottom three regions. I picked the teams I thought might be under dogs this coming year.

Hgalum50

Quote from: 870ARK on April 24, 2018, 01:28:39 pm
i don't have a lot of knowledge on the bottom three regions. I picked the teams I thought might be under dogs this coming year.
For Bismarck it won't be this year! It will be between Prescott, CHG, and Smackover most likely for top 3 seeds.

Made

I do think you got 1 maybe two right in the 2-3a

CoolBreeze

I think youhave Marshalll and Rose Bud ranked too high in the 2-3A. Marshalll in 3rd place seems a HUGE stretch for a team who went 0-10 last year. That would be quite a leap up. Also, although Rose Bud wown more games last year tha in recent years, that's because the loaded up on teams even weaker than they were early in the season. After they got into the conference shedule, their dreams of a winning season came to a shreeching halt, despite being  in one of the weaiker conferences.

athletic supporter

Clinton isn't in the 4-3A. They need to be replaced with Baptist Prep

athletic supporter

3A-4:

Glen Rose
Mayflower
Danville
Atkins
Jessieville
Perryville
Baptist Prep
Two Rivers

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 24, 2018, 12:08:04 pm
3A-5
Prescott
Bismarck
Smackover
Harmony Grove
Centerpoint
Fouke
Genoa Central
Horatio

It should be
1.Prescott
2. Smackover
3.Harmony Grove/Centerpoint
4.Bismark/Fouke
5.Genoa Central
6.Horatio

You certainly have a right to your opinion, but Bismarck is not better than Smackover or CHG.........not just yet!  Give Coach Keithley time to get the Bismarck players in the weight room and get them bigger and stronger, but wins over the Bucks & Hornets won't happen in '18. 

I don't know much about all the teams in the 3A-5, but my top three would be Prescott, Smackover, CHG, then the rest however they fall.  I think when CHG plays Smackover, that'll be for 2nd and 3rd place seeding in the playoffs.  I would also expect Rison to end up better than 4th place in the 3A-6.   

Hgalum50

April 25, 2018, 12:16:35 pm #10 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:09:39 pm by Hgalum50
CHG could actually win the 3A-5! They are still a good team, and still have weapons! If they find some good lineman that play good together, then the sky is the limit!

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Hgalum50 on April 25, 2018, 12:16:35 pm
CHG could actually win the 3A-5! They are steal a good team, and still have weapons! If they find some good lineman that play good together, then the sky is the limit!

Have you seen Prescott play?

HG Hornet

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 25, 2018, 02:27:08 pm
Yes, we've seen Prescott.  CHG beat Prescott in 2015, then the Curleywolves got serious revenge in 2016 & 2017.  CHG graduates a ton of talent this year, but there's still some very good players who'll suit up for a new coach in 2018.  What kind of team will Prescott field this Fall?

Hgalum50

April 25, 2018, 04:08:47 pm #13 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:17:11 pm by Hgalum50
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 25, 2018, 02:27:08 pm
Of course I have the head coach is my aunt's relative! I have seen alot of teams play, and everybody thought they was unbeatable. JC got beat in the state title, Mount Ida got beat in the state title, so I assume anything can happen!

SR30

Prescott is Prescott year in and year out. They are the team to beat in the 3A-5.. hated we got moved from this conference.

Sportsjunky

Quote from: 870ARK on April 24, 2018, 01:28:39 pm

I'd second that statement.  I'd also say your probably not real sure about the bottom 4 conferences. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 25, 2018, 02:56:24 pm
Yes, we've seen Prescott.  CHG beat Prescott in 2015, then the Curleywolves got serious revenge in 2016 & 2017.  CHG graduates a ton of talent this year, but there's still some very good players who'll suit up for a new coach in 2018.  What kind of team will Prescott field this Fall?
I seem to remember reading on this board that they were unbeatable last year.

CURLEYWOLF24

April 29, 2018, 02:22:49 pm #17 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:41:06 am by CURLEYWOLF24
Quote from: CoolBreeze on April 29, 2018, 02:05:51 pm
I seem to remember reading on this board that they were unbeatable last year.
In 2016 we were!  Should field a pretty talented team again this year.  But we are getting ready to win our 10th State Championship in track on Tuesday.

HorseFeathers

I love his predictions for baptist, marshall and cedarville...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 29, 2018, 05:34:18 pm
I love his predictions for baptist, marshall and cedarville...

The only one I could even remotely see happening is the Cedarville at 4th. I know they pretty much did not have any seniors and bring up their 9th grade class that won the JH conference. Paris falling off and West Fork in shambles makes them at 4th semi reasonable I guess. Now, Marshall and Prep all the way up at 3rd is a stretch. I know the 2-3A will probably be the weakest conference but Marshall still can't get up that high no matter what. There is no way Prep can have a winning record in that tough conference. Maybe if the stay in 3A long enough I could see a group for them eventually doing well but just not yet for them.

BigBallerBrand223

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 25, 2018, 02:56:24 pm

should have a good one led by SR QB Ryan Johnson kid is really talented!

WonderWartHawg

McGehee, Barton, Dollarway and Rison should be a dog fight. Any order of those four is possible.
They have (I think) 15 state championships amongst them.
The SEC West of AAA football.

HorseFeathers

Charleston and Booneville have 6 or 7 between them since last time 1 of those 4 won a state title...

TruthHurts

Clinton, HA, Melbourne are your 1-2-3 in that in that conference and then there is a big gap to whoever takes the 4 spot. Please read your home work next time before you come to class.

Skip Baymore

May 02, 2018, 11:26:00 pm #24 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:28:14 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: TruthHurts on May 01, 2018, 11:34:49 am
Clinton, HA, Melbourne are your 1-2-3 in that in that conference and then there is a big gap to whoever takes the 4 spot. Please read your home work next time before you come to class.

I think he had Marshall there?  I havent done all my homework either but starting to smell football a little and feel the need to comment.  Id put Cedar Ridge in that 3rd now but its unofficial, lol.  To me, its actually a pretty decent pre season glance but with a couple of significant questions.  Maybe even very significant come to think of it.

Made

Curious why you feel cedar ridge will be that high?

870ARK

Because Batesville has lost some player to Cedar Ridge and Batesville Southside, that's just my thoughts though.

Razorhummer

Newport will be a top contender. They have a lot of 9th grade talent that moved up during the playoffs last fall. Glen Rose found that out and a week later led McGhee until the 4thq collapse.
Non conference games
@ Pottsville
vs GCT
vs Lonoke

sprained ankle

Quote from: Razorhummer on May 11, 2018, 03:27:03 am
Newport will be a top contender. They have a lot of 9th grade talent that moved up during the playoffs last fall. Glen Rose found that out and a week later led McGhee until the 4thq collapse.
Non conference games
@ Pottsville
vs GCT
vs Lonoke
The real deal is none of the 9th graders played at Glen Rose. The same Newport team showed up at Glen Rose that showed up for the Rivercrest game.

870ARK

I have a question for the 3A-3. Did JD Winda and Kam Turner end up on the Seminoles?

Oldhound56

Newport didn't have a single 9th grader play at Glen Rose.  They played up to their capabilities, where as in a couple games during the year they did not.  Depth will be an issue like many 3A teams face due to numbers, but they have a chance to be good if they stay healthy.

501Arkansas

Quote from: 870ARK on May 11, 2018, 10:48:07 am
I have a question for the 3A-3. Did JD Winda and Kam Turner end up on the Seminoles?
Yes sir. Started school at osceola couple days ago

Jimbo Morphis

Greenie

Any thoughts on Danville in the 3A? Are they a dark horse or could they potentially go deep in the playoffs this year?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Greenie on May 11, 2018, 05:36:30 pm
Any thoughts on Danville in the 3A? Are they a dark horse or could they potentially go deep in the playoffs this year?
No

Longfellow

Quote from: Greenie on May 11, 2018, 05:36:30 pm
As long as Crane is the HC, they're not winning anything

beach bum

Greenie

Quote from: Longfellow on May 11, 2018, 07:39:45 pm
Okay, how about in the 3a-4?

RTF

Haha... I believe the Tiny toilets have done better than the Gators.

SR30

Jimbo Morphis

big E

I don't think PW finishes last in their conference,  may be wrong have been before.  Don't think they finish in top 3 either somewhere in the middle would be fine.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: 870ARK on April 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am
3A-1
Booneville
Charleston
Lamar
Cedarville
Paris
Greenland
Mansfield
West Fork

Not making any predictions, but Lamar has had a couple of pretty frustrating seasons. I look for them to be hungry and ready.

athletic supporter

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on May 13, 2018, 07:53:11 pm
Not making any predictions, but Lamar has had a couple of pretty frustrating seasons. I look for them to be hungry and ready.

They can be hungry and ready, but 3rd is ABSOLUTELY the ceiling for them. NO WAY they finish higher than the Bearcats OR Tigers

threepeoplematter

Baptist Prep aint beatin atkins or danville without a whole lot of divine intervention
Quote from: 870ARK on April 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am
3A-1
Booneville
Charleston
Lamar
Cedarville
Paris
Greenland
Mansfield
West Fork

3A-2   
Clinton
Harding Academy
Marshall
Rose Bud
Cedar Ridge
Melbourne
Mountain View
Yellville-Summit

3A-3
Newport
Osceola
Hoxie
Piggott
Manila
Harrisburg
Walnut Ridge
Corning

3A-4
Glen Rose
Mayflower
Baptist Prep
Atkins
Danville
Jessieville
Perryville
Two Rivers

3A-5
Prescott
Bismarck
Smackover
Harmony Grove
Centerpoint
Fouke
Genoa Central
Horatio

3A-6
McGehee
Barton
Dollarway
Rison
Drew Central
Episcopal
Lakeside
Palestine-Wheatley

HorseFeathers

I'd say 2 runner up rings and multiple conference titles is winning something?

big E

A lot of places would love to have the success that Crane has had at Danville. Like Horsefeathers said 2 runner ups and multiple conference championships.

sprained ankle

Quote from: Oldman on May 11, 2018, 05:16:55 pm
Crootin?
Crootin wouldn't happen in Mississippi county would it? Something else kinda strange happens over there also. Some how kids become eligible to play around September!

doggieskoot2

Quote from: big E on May 15, 2018, 05:26:30 am
A lot of places would love to have the success that Crane has had at Danville. Like Horsefeathers said 2 runner ups and multiple conference championships.

Crane..........great coach, but I'm looking for the second time runner-up????

2010 Danville was runner up

other was in 2001?   Kenny Bell was the head coach then.  Crane was on staff I think.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on May 16, 2018, 10:49:55 am
Crane..........great coach, but I'm looking for the second time runner-up????

2010 Danville was runner up

other was in 2001?   Kenny Bell was the head coach then.  Crane was on staff I think.

I was thinking he was head coach when they lost to Harding academy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas