• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZback

Oh, my.   Let's go hire a special team coach.  And a Head Coach too.

two guys with shots and played it badly

bdubyab60

RZback

We play like a bad high school team.  Scrap what we have and start over this evening and I mean scrap it all.

RZback

Why run it out from 2 yards deep in end zone.  Poorly coached.  Even the commentator are already talking about poor decisions and trying to run an offense too complicated for them. 

RZback

Defense doing better and keeping us in it.  John Chavis best coach we have.

WPWells

Where did the "woe is me" crowd go? No we didn't win, but we got close! That's clear and obvious improvement. Some of you are just desperate for Morris to fail. He still may, but it's way too early to judge.

RZback

You are mistaken, not anxious for failure, just think we went the wrong road and don't think 1 decent showing against a team trying to rebuild is a sign of progress.  In the end its still a loss.  How many close ones did BB drop? Got a long way to go yet before I think we are headed to a turnaround.  I'm tired of bad football and think fans deserve better from the program. Just saying we did have a better day but next week is Bama.

bdubyab60

I want everyone we have to succeed. But the first few games were unacceptable. I thought Morris had lost this team. The last two weeks the effort has been there and we look like we have played at least a little football.

Both teams today had some what ifs. But man we can't afford to have stupid penalties at such crucial times. Think we have had a hand to the face penalty each game. This time it kept two scoring drives alive for them, at least one.

Wish list for recruiting. A kicker that can kick it through the end zone on kick offs, OL are a must.

Really glad to see improvement. And whiskey helps take the edge off of the mistakes lol

bigworm

Hogs fought. I feel like this team doesnt look at improvement as their goal. Their goal is to win. But the only way to win is to improve. No doubt there is improvement.

nuttinbuthogs

Really isn't much to be happy with if you want a winner to watch, but all there is at this point is to watch and wait til the end. I just would like us to look well coached and disciplined and we just don't seem to be at that point.

bigworm

Well, considering i saw us get destroyed at home by north texas a couple weeks ago, i am much happier with the last 2 performances. Not satisfied, but i can guarantee you that the staff nor the players are either. At this point they have to take positives away from these games and build on them. Thats exactly what i think they are doing.

HorseFeathers

I think a lot of the fans/posters keep moving the goals and/or were the guys calling into the radio shows with the less than 10 wins is a disappointment for this year even with the train wreck that's been the razorback football team for the last 5 years 🤷

nuttinbuthogs

I think the fans have been waiting a long time for a program they could be happy with and nobody should ask that they settle for less. 

bdubyab60

I want us to win just like all of us fans do. I figured between 4-6 wins was reasonable. I did not figure in what looks like internal mess between the team. I thought the mess was on BB losing the team. Which now looks like he lost half of it and that other half that wanted him was pushing back in Morris. It now seems Morris has put his foot down, hence the transfers.

I've also said that losing is one thing but when it seems like every time we lose it's something embarrassing that happens during the loss. Yes P5 teams lose to lesser opponents all the time. Just not usually two in a row with blowing a lead and a complete domination.

However this made me temper the expectations and truest realize how damaged this FB team was. I feel we had a coach and an AD who truly did not care if we win or lost and could care less about where the program was headed.

As far as the rest of this season. It's important to continue to see the fight in this team. Continue to see improvement, knowing there are games to where we may not show huge strides. Then hope Morris who is gonna be here at least a few years starts to rebuild this program

Ctucker

Bama is going to beat us as bad as they won't too!

bigworm

Quote from: Ctucker on September 30, 2018, 05:58:22 pm
Bama is going to beat us as bad as they won't too!

Like pretty much every other team on their schedule.

Ctucker

Quote from: bigworm on September 30, 2018, 07:25:53 pm
Like pretty much every other team on their schedule.
That is true! I feel sorry for Storey already!

High Voltage

So how many games can we win going forward?

Here is how I see it.

Alabama - LOSS and badly. Hope our team makes it out injury free.
Ole Miss - Loss, but we could pull it being at home.
Tulsa - Win, but we could lose as well, lol.
Vandy - Win, but we could lose as well!
LSU- Loss, but this game always close.
MSU - Loss
Mizzou - Loss, but we might win!

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2018, 07:30:24 am
So how many games can we win going forward?

Here is how I see it.

Alabama - LOSS and badly. Hope our team makes it out injury free.
Ole Miss - Loss, but we could pull it being at home.
Tulsa - Win, but we could lose as well, lol.
Vandy - Win, but we could lose as well!
LSU- Loss, but this game always close.
MSU - Loss
Mizzou - Loss, but we might win!

The last two weeks have at least given a glimmer of hope. Now, honestly I would say only two games left are check marked as losses in Alabama and LSU.

-Bama and LSU are the for sure losses

-Tulsa like you said is a should win, but we could easily lose that too

-Now Vandy and Ole Miss look like we are only the slightest of underdogs which is improvement. We could pull these out if we play well

-Miss State is having horrible problems on offense and we could pull that out unbelievably in a low scoring game and Mizzou will be tough but not out of the question

*** 2-10 or 3-9 is the most likely thing to happen but 4 wins could also happen

bleudog

gameoflife

I think its a stretch to say BB didn't care if we won or lost.
I don't see all the games other than Bama and LSU as strong possibilities.  But, you do play and thus anything could happen, the odds are low for all of those.  Tulsa being the most likely shot at a win.
If we were to win the rest of the games except Bama and LSU, I would say that is a nice recovery of a terrible start. That would bet us to 6-6 but I seriously doubt that will happen. 
As for playing better, yes somewhat, but also Auburn and A&M are both struggling a bit offensively so I'm not clear if it's them or us.
So like I read in some post, we have to sit and watch what happens. 
I'm just disappointed in how the hire went to begin with and I believe we could have done better, not just with the HC but the staff.  I don't think we got the experience needed to turn this thing as quickly as possible.  That said, all you can do is hope it gets straightened out and not in 3-5 years.

bleudog

October 01, 2018, 12:04:09 pm #571 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:09:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: WPWells on September 29, 2018, 04:59:47 pm
Where did the "woe is me" crowd go? No we didn't win, but we got close! That's clear and obvious improvement. Some of you are just desperate for Morris to fail. He still may, but it's way too early to judge.

WPWells

Quote from: gameoflife on October 01, 2018, 11:46:30 am
I believe we could have done better, not just with the HC but the staff.

Who would you suggest?

gameoflife

I think we could have broadened our search but for starters, I think Leach would have been a good pick.  You can look at the rankings of coaches we looked at and see how they were rated.  http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/college-football-coach-rankings-2018-nick-saban-dabo-swinney-urban-meyer-kirby-smart-jim-harbaugh/pw0dkzocij0ozd5nodvbnlj8/slide/4

WPWells

Quote from: gameoflife on October 01, 2018, 12:14:56 pm
I think we could have broadened our search but for starters, I think Leach would have been a good pick.  You can look at the rankings of coaches we looked at and see how they were rated.  http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/college-football-coach-rankings-2018-nick-saban-dabo-swinney-urban-meyer-kirby-smart-jim-harbaugh/pw0dkzocij0ozd5nodvbnlj8/slide/4

I would've loved Leach, but how do we know that he didn't turn the job down?

gameoflife

I suppose it is possible he turned it down, but I never heard that or saw that in any reports of our search for a coach.  The only things I heard about Leach was he was interested. 
I think one of our problems was we were too interested on a Texas guy, and were starry eyed over the prospect of a Gus type high school guy. 
Arkansas IMO deserves a bigger name coach to aid with recruiting.
I've seen our signees, and our commitments for the next class.  I point out they are commitments and may not stick. Not real impressive at this point.

WPWells

Quote from: gameoflife on October 01, 2018, 12:27:40 pm
I suppose it is possible he turned it down, but I never heard that or saw that in any reports of our search for a coach.  The only things I heard about Leach was he was interested. 
I think one of our problems was we were too interested on a Texas guy, and were starry eyed over the prospect of a Gus type high school guy. 
Arkansas IMO deserves a bigger name coach to aid with recruiting.
I've seen our signees, and our commitments for the next class.  I point out they are commitments and may not stick. Not real impressive at this point.

The last line isn't true. This is the most four-star recruits we've ever had in the modern ranking system. Better than any class that Bobby or Bret brought in (based on rankings, obviously not output). We got a commitment from the #53 overall recruit today. Guess he wasn't scared off by the 1-4 record...

bleudog

October 01, 2018, 02:24:48 pm #578 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:43:26 pm by bleudog
Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2018, 02:09:22 pm
Bleu, how accurate is Massey?

I didn't find a percentage correct reference, but here's his FAQ page:  https://www.masseyratings.com/faq.php

On another board I had posted a picture of their La Tech pre-season predictions.  Here's how they are compared to actual scores:
Tech 28      S Alabama 21       (Tech won 30-26)
Tech 48      Southern  13        (Tech won 54-17, Tech's last TD was with the 3rd string QB on the last play)
Tech 13      LSU 35                (Tech lost 21-38)
Tech 37      N Texas 34          (Tech won 29-27)

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: WPWells on October 01, 2018, 01:13:40 pm
The last line isn't true. This is the most four-star recruits we've ever had in the modern ranking system. Better than any class that Bobby or Bret brought in (based on rankings, obviously not output). We got a commitment from the #53 overall recruit today. Guess he wasn't scared off by the 1-4 record...

Do you have a link for UA signees for next season.  Which class are you saying is the best ever?  I'd like to look at those.

footballfan-tastic

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Heres 2019, commits not signees.  5 - 4* recruits
Looks like rank is 10th in SEC if I understand the chart

Romeo

This is by far Arkansas's best class in the modern recruiting era. It's the first time we've been in the top 15 in any recruiting website.

beach bum

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on October 01, 2018, 04:31:30 pm

And we have people thumping their chest like we won the national title over a 10th ranked class in our own league. I can only guess the 4 teams we out rank are Vandy, Mizzou, Kentucky as three for sure then the 4th team is one of these three teams in Ole Miss, South Carolina, or Miss State? Maybe Tennessee? That means 3 out of those 4 schools are even out recruiting us.

bdubyab60

Some good news we picked up Trey Knox today. 4* wide receiver out of TN.

And yeah it sucks that being anywhere from 17-25 in the country has us in the lower end of the SEC.

Just shows how tough this conference is

High Voltage

My question is, we have all of these WR's now who is going to get them the ball? And if we do find a QB that can get them the ball who is going to protect the QB?

bdubyab60

There are 3 lineman committed, still on the radar of a few more. KJ Jefferson is committed at QB, who knows if any of the freshman we have will compete with a year of development. Rumors of us going after Bryant who is transferring from Clemson, who knows though.

Even if we land all these guys, we still need more, it will still need to develop unless they are real studs.

There is no quick fix here.

Valleysports

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on October 01, 2018, 04:31:30 pm

A&M, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St are the only teams, in the SEC West, with higher ranked 2019 recruits. 

HorseFeathers

bdubyab60

All we can do is continue to close the gap. And star power isn't the end all be all in this.

We have beaten these higher rated classes with our lower rated ones. Is Morris the guy to do that once he gets everything in place, who knows.

Overall it's a decent class but I would like to see some OL for sure. Maybe we can flip some who knows

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 01, 2018, 07:17:20 pm
Some good news we picked up Trey Knox today. 4* wide receiver out of TN.

And yeah it sucks that being anywhere from 17-25 in the country has us in the lower end of the SEC.

Just shows how tough this conference is
Best conference in the land no doubt

RZback

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 02, 2018, 06:10:47 pm
ONLY 5 of the other 6 l
Quote from: Valleysports on October 02, 2018, 05:22:28 pm
    A&M, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St are the only teams, in the SEC West, with higher ranked 2019 recruits.

That's 6 of 6 , puts us last.  Whoo Pig!.

Valleysports

With Georgia decommitment, A&M now holds No. 1 class in 2019.

"We'll end up being one or two," Fisher told CBS Sports in February. "I'm talking about 10 guys that are right [there]. I'm talking about first-, second-round draft pick guys. There's some phenomenal players." 

That premonition has now become reality -- even if it is only temporary. The Aggies have 25 commits in the 2019 class and only have room for three more commits this cycle. Alabama has 21 commits, while Georgia has 18. Rounding out the top five in the rankings are Oregon (21 commits) and Clemson (24 commits), and Oklahoma, which has 18 commits, is sitting at No. 6.

gameoflife

gameoflife

bleudog

Quote from: gameoflife on October 06, 2018, 11:21:12 am
Well, same start as every other game.

Well somebody's in the left lane with the hammer down.  :o

gameoflife

yeah and Morris is broke down on the side of the road. 
21-0 with 5 minutes in the 1st left

HorseFeathers

It's Alabama....theyve done the same thing to 5 other teams this year 🙄

gameoflife

yeah and Morris is broke down on the side of the road. 
21-0 with 5 minutes in the 1st left

gameoflife

That's a good drive, nice use of the rub against the defense not playing it aggressively.  I bet Saban chews some booty.

gameoflife

That's a good drive, nice use of the rub against the defense not playing it aggressively.  I bet Saban chews some booty.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas