• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville VS Dollarway

Started by whippersnapper, November 29, 2013, 10:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootie

Dollarway is loaded and rolling. Should be a fantastic game but someone's 0 has got to go. $way by 12.

urban legend2

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 12:53:52 pm
Quote from: urban legend2 on December 02, 2013, 12:15:48 pm
Again, don't let the film on Dollarway that some of you guys are watching fool you. It does them no justice. Booneville does what it does very well, probably better than most who run their offense so I don't expect them to deviate from it. The game will come down to who can get stops and score when they do. I don't expect a lot of turnovers either.

Well, I saw them in person. And they must not have played one of their better games that night because what I saw a very good team but certainly not an unbeatable one. I was way more impressed by what I saw from Booneville when I saw them play.
Not saying they're unbeatable at all because no one on the high school level in this state is. But they're a very good, very sound football team whose speed, athleticism and physicality really can't be measured on film. Booneville is similar in that you may think you have their offense pegged, but until you face it, you really won't know. All teams have so-so games so they game you saw may have been one of them. I haven't seen Booneville in person this season, only on film like a lot of us have. And from what I saw, it's a typical Booneville team but with a little more athleticism than they've had in the past few years, and that makes them that much more dangerous to defend. Expecting a good game.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 02, 2013, 01:08:20 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 12:53:52 pm
Quote from: urban legend2 on December 02, 2013, 12:15:48 pm
Again, don't let the film on Dollarway that some of you guys are watching fool you. It does them no justice. Booneville does what it does very well, probably better than most who run their offense so I don't expect them to deviate from it. The game will come down to who can get stops and score when they do. I don't expect a lot of turnovers either.

Well, I saw them in person. And they must not have played one of their better games that night because what I saw a very good team but certainly not an unbeatable one. I was way more impressed by what I saw from Booneville when I saw them play.
Not saying they're unbeatable at all because no one on the high school level in this state is. But they're a very good, very sound football team whose speed, athleticism and physicality really can't be measured on film. Booneville is similar in that you may think you have their offense pegged, but until you face it, you really won't know. All teams have so-so games so they game you saw may have been one of them. I haven't seen Booneville in person this season, only on film like a lot of us have. And from what I saw, it's a typical Booneville team but with a little more athleticism than they've had in the past few years, and that makes them that much more dangerous to defend. Expecting a good game.

Your right urban.  Boonevilles pretty much the same as usual but with more athletes and more determination this year.  I saw film from the d way star city game and d way definitely had it working for them.  D way also made very few mistakes/penalties.  I am expecting a very good game also.

Lions84

the_kosher_pig

Is the coach at Dollarway the one who used to be at Chapel?

urban legend2

Nah, Lee was a QB at Dollarway during the early 90s when they were in the midst of their 51-game winning streak. He coached at Altheimer for a while before going to Dollarway when George Shelton took the job at Chapel.

scrapper native

Idk..... but I'm going with booneville......I'm predicting Booneville
To win it all this year. 

Catgrad79

I was there in 2004 and we gave have dollarway all they wanted. We didn't win, but it took all they had to beat us and they had nothing left for the championship game and didn't even compete the next week (Blowout City). Blah Blah Blah, they are bigger, they are badder, they are faster. Blah, Blah, Blah. I was there the first time the Cats played in War Memorial in 1972, I know I'm telling my age, but seems I always hear the same ole thing and Booneville finds a way to win more times than not. Nobody wins them all but we are always smaller and slower, Blah Blah Blah

Wonderdog

Quote from: APACHE on December 02, 2013, 09:12:23 am
How many teams have $way faced this year that run the Dead-T? A couple of years ago they came to Pottsville and had no clue how to handle the T. I think apaches won 30 something to 0.

Just a thought. GO Bearcats. Have fun in the 3a next year. ;)
i actually attended that game. Dollarway was probably averaging 70lbs less on the o line that year compared to now. heck, in general the size of this cardinal team is a huge difference from then. they were i want to say a 4th or 5th seed and went on the road to beat Ozark in round one before coming to your place.

apache_alum_90

The year wonder dog is talking about is the year before and it was a 26-0 shut out the next week we faced VV then went to Star City and lost. And the following week Star City went to PA and caused a riot!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Catgrad79 on December 02, 2013, 02:36:01 pm
I was there in 2004 and we gave have dollarway all they wanted. We didn't win, but it took all they had to beat us and they had nothing left for the championship game and didn't even compete the next week (Blowout City). Blah Blah Blah, they are bigger, they are badder, they are faster. Blah, Blah, Blah. I was there the first time the Cats played in War Memorial in 1972, I know I'm telling my age, but seems I always hear the same ole thing and Booneville finds a way to win more times than not. Nobody wins them all but we are always smaller and slower, Blah Blah Blah

The 2004 game was hard fought hard hitting game. That Dway team had more depth and may have been even more physical! They were also less discipline. This years squad is physically larger and more disciplined. I dunno that it took everything Dway had but that game had nothing to do with the outcome in the state championship game against CAC that year. CAC had a sophisticated passing attack with a great QB and was better coached! Dway lost by 14 and if I am not mistaken they led at halftime! That was in 2004 Dway has a different coach and different players I wouldn't use the fact that you almost won in 2004 as a sign for the outcome Friday.

Wonderdog

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on December 02, 2013, 03:16:31 pm
The year wonder dog is talking about is the year before and it was a 26-0 shut out the next week we faced VV then went to Star City and lost. And the following week Star City went to PA and caused a riot!
i knew i remembered them beating Ozark on the road. guess i had my seasons mixed up.

DWayAlumn2002

In what part of this game does booneville have an advantage? Every close game that Dollarway was suppose to be in turned into a blow out. What makes the bearcats so different? They played us tough in the past? But still lost. I'm not questioning booneville's heart or discipline. And if you've watched film on us then you know the games have been over in 2qts. Most the points given up have been on the backups late in the games. So I ask. How will you manage to put up points against us. How will you stop our big plays? The only obvious answer is that you can't...

whippersnapper

Here is Boonevilles one advantage in my opinion. Option football. Harrell is darn good of riding the fullback till you are convinced that the fullback has it. Then whoops he slips out around the edge. Now will he get far against dollar way doing that? I can't answer. But he is very deceptive and fun to watch

elmerfudd

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 03:24:47 pm
In what part of this game does booneville have an advantage? Every close game that Dollarway was suppose to be in turned into a blow out. What makes the bearcats so different? They played us tough in the past? But still lost. I'm not questioning booneville's heart or discipline. And if you've watched film on us then you know the games have been over in 2qts. Most the points given up have been on the backups late in the games. So I ask. How will you manage to put up points against us. How will you stop our big plays? The only obvious answer is that you can't...

Another person showing their ignorance instead of watching film.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2013, 03:18:51 pm
Quote from: Catgrad79 on December 02, 2013, 02:36:01 pm

The 2004 game was hard fought hard hitting game. That Dway team had more depth and may have been even more physical! They were also less discipline. This years squad is physically larger and more disciplined. I dunno that it took everything Dway had but that game had nothing to do with the outcome in the state championship game against CAC that year. CAC had a sophisticated passing attack with a great QB and was better coached! Dway lost by 14 and if I am not mistaken they led at halftime! That was in 2004 Dway has a different coach and different players I wouldn't use the fact that you almost won in 2004 as a sign for the outcome Friday.

To add to that ZD, D'way was definitely outcoached in that game and was still tied with CAC at 22 in the fourth quarter. Had a chance to take the lead late and couldn't due to questionable play calls. Had a chance to tie it as well but couldn't for the same reason. None of that will matter Friday.

cuckoobird

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 02, 2013, 03:32:26 pm

watch all the film you want and it still won't change the outcome of the game. 

SUGARTOWN

Booneville reminds me a lot of the Ricebirds from last year, not flashy, but they just line up and run it on you all night. And we know that the Cards didn't fare too well against the Birds last year. Maybe your team is better this year, but the Birds THIS year ran it up the middle pretty well against the Cards for 3 qtrs (at least better than I thought they would). They just gave up a few big plays. That will be the key for the Bearcats defense.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 03:45:20 pm

Booneville reminds me a lot of the Ricebirds from last year, not flashy, but they just line up and run it on you all night. And we know that the Cards didn't fare too well against the Birds last year. Maybe your team is better this year, but the Birds THIS year ran it up the middle pretty well against the Cards for 3 qtrs (at least better than I thought they would). They just gave up a few big plays. That will be the key for the Bearcats defense.

The birds played them a physical game.  Thats why they had some success.  The cats are not going to try and line up and just out run d way or out pass d way because we know that d way has the advantage there.  Gonna run straight at em and hit em in the mouth, then the back will actually be on the other side of the field because the d way defense tackled the wrong guy.  Not saying they wont catch our backs, but it will be after a decent gain. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 02, 2013, 03:45:06 pm

watch all the film you want and it still won't change the outcome of the game.
You sound just as confident in that statement as you did with all the predictions before the losses your birds suffered.  Sugartown has educated posts.  You.. your username fits you.

urban legend2

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 02, 2013, 03:49:18 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 03:45:20 pm

The birds played them a physical game.  Thats why they had some success.  The cats are not going to try and line up and just out run d way or out pass d way because we know that d way has the advantage there.  Gonna run straight at em and hit em in the mouth, then the back will actually be on the other side of the field because the d way defense tackled the wrong guy.  Not saying they wont catch our backs, but it will be after a decent gain.
Gotta loves games where teams have to prepare for contrasting styles such as this. That's where coaching and player discipline definitely comes in.

DWayAlumn2002

You are the real ignoramus thinkin booneville is gonna beat us. Watching film won't make y'all players jump higher or run faster. Keep watching film Elmer. Did you watch the highlights on YouTube yet?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 04:03:25 pm

You are the real ignoramus thinkin booneville is gonna beat us. Watching film won't make y'all players jump higher or run faster. Keep watching film Elmer. Did you watch the highlights on YouTube yet?

It's a football game, not a track meet...

elmerfudd

Why do I need to watch the highlights if I've watched every game?

You either haven't watched much of Booneville, if any at all, or else you've seen enough to make you nervous and you're putting up a front. Which is it?

cuckoobird

Lol my confidence in the birds was half hearted this year. No way i would ever pick against them or say they were going to lose just like i wouldnt expect any fanbase to say that about their team. Im an outsider here and have nothing to gain/lose in the outcome of this game, im just trying to get you guys to understand that booneville has not seen anything like they are about to on either side of the ball. Honestly dway played a bad game against us and we played way above our heads against them. Note that i havent predicted a score yet because i know it should be close.

AirWarren

Much like a certain arkie poster, he already has claimed dollarway champion. We see how that worked out.

cuckoobird

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 02, 2013, 04:13:56 pm
Lol my confidence in the birds was half hearted this year. No way i would ever pick against them or say they were going to lose just like i wouldnt expect any fanbase to say that about their team. Im an outsider here and have nothing to gain/lose in the outcome of this game, im just trying to get you guys to understand that booneville has not seen anything like they are about to on either side of the ball. Honestly dway played a bad game against us and we played way above our heads against them. Note that i havent predicted a score yet because i know it should be close.

Elaborate

DWayAlumn2002

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 04:07:39 pm

It may turn into one.

OLDSCHOOL82

Yes booneville has not seen a team as good as d way yet this year. Doesnt mean we cant play.  D way hasnt seen a team like us this year either.  Honestly, D way played a good game against yall and yall didnt look very good (IMO).  I've watched numerous films on both. 

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 02, 2013, 04:33:00 pm

Yes booneville has not seen a team as good as d way yet this year. Doesnt mean we cant play.  D way hasnt seen a team like us this year either.  Honestly, D way played a good game against yall and yall didnt look very good (IMO).  I've watched numerous films on both.
Sounds like Greenwood when another Pine Bluff team was in that region.  ???

DWayAlumn2002

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2013, 04:15:05 pm
Much like a certain arkie poster, he already has claimed dollarway champion. We see how that worked out.
All hail mighty warren and anyone who has a different opinion must be a lunatic... Right... Just beat VV and we will see who the best team is.

Please don't compare anyone to that character from Arkie. That dude is one of a kind.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 04:24:43 pm

It may turn into one.

It might, but a wet field could be the equalizer.

DWayAlumn2002

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 04:48:41 pm

It may turn into one.

Could be. I think the game is gonna be at UAPB again this week.

AirWarren

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 04:37:27 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2013, 04:15:05 pm
All hail mighty warren and anyone who has a different opinion must be a lunatic... Right... Just beat VV and we will see who the best team is.

Please don't compare anyone to that character from Arkie. That dude is one of a kind.

Calm down buddy. I respect Dollarway. Not arkie.

Soirem

Both teams are too good and evenly matched to even try to make a unbiased score between them. As a Dollarway fan I believe without a doubt that we can run all over Booneville. If I wasn't then I wouldn't even know where to start in picking between these two lol

Redcoat

December 02, 2013, 06:43:42 pm #186 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:46:35 pm by Redcoat
Quote from: whippersnapper on December 02, 2013, 03:29:08 pm
Here is Boonevilles one advantage in my opinion. Option football. Harrell is darn good of riding the fullback till you are convinced that the fullback has it. Then whoops he slips out around the edge. Now will he get far against dollar way doing that? I can't answer. But he is very deceptive and fun to watch

After watching film it's not option football. It's a q b  keep like an Iso  I think  they can win but are they Going to have the  ball  last?

rattlerfan17

The more I watch Dollarway's defense, the more I am convinced that Booneville will be able to score on them, and in a big way. i will enjoy this game immensely.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Redcoat on December 02, 2013, 06:43:42 pm

After watching film it's not option football. It's a q b  keep like an Iso  I think  they can win but are they Going to have the  ball  last?

It's the veer read, so it is an option. Booneville does have a designed QB keep, but the veer is our bread and butter.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Redcoat on December 02, 2013, 06:43:42 pm

Boonevilles has a couple different types of options.  The defense determines which is ran.

whippersnapper

From what I have seen in my years of watching booneville. It's more of a midline. Either way Brock May was good at it and so is Cody Harrell

elmerfudd

Quote from: rattlerfan17 on December 02, 2013, 06:51:08 pm
The more I watch Dollarway's defense, the more I am convinced that Booneville will be able to score on them, and in a big way. i will enjoy this game immensely.

I agree. I'm sure we won't bust many long ones on them, but we'll move it on them for sure. They bend a lot and I know we have what it takes to break them.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 02, 2013, 07:15:51 pm
From what I have seen in my years of watching booneville. It's more of a midline. Either way Brock May was good at it and so is Cody Harrell

Veer and midline.  Depends on d.

DWayAlumn2002

One punt can put booneville down by 12-16. Listen. I understand their run game is great. I get that. I think our defense has a better chance of stopping their offense than their defense has of stopping our offense.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 04:59:12 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2013, 04:48:41 pm

It may turn into one.

Could be. I think the game is gonna be at UAPB again this week.
If the game is held at uapb they might want to consider opening another gate. I know a few people that missed the entire 1st qtr due to the long line waiting to get in. the Uapb stadium is a very nice..

elmerfudd

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 08:09:14 pm
One punt can put booneville down by 12-16. Listen. I understand their run game is great. I get that. I think our defense has a better chance of stopping their offense than their defense has of stopping our offense.

Based on what?? No one has answered that question yet, except for "speed and size". We've seen speed and size already, so what's the difference??

And you've yet to answer my other question, DWayAlumn2002.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 02, 2013, 08:09:14 pm

Some teams kick extra pts.  At least say it would be 14-16 against your almighty cards.

Wonderdog

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 02, 2013, 04:36:22 pm

haha +1

Wonderdog

Quote from: Soirem on December 02, 2013, 06:35:29 pm
Both teams are too good and evenly matched to even try to make a unbiased score between them. As a Dollarway fan I believe without a doubt that we can run all over Booneville. If I wasn't then I wouldn't even know where to start in picking between these two lol
good assessment Soirem.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 08:29:39 pm
Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 02, 2013, 04:36:22 pm

haha +1

That's doesn't bother us Booneville folk any.  Greenwood was a hated rival until mid 90s.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas