• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things You Believe if You're a Liberal

Started by Uncle Ivan, April 21, 2006, 03:04:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

c4blueflames

I understand what is being said. I just disagree with some of it.

Lions84

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 11:34:50 pm
You are the only person I've ever heard say Reagan was a good president. He was another one that took our economy down.

Well I be the next one.  >:(I loved Reagan.  :) He was the first President I got to vote for. 8)  It was Reagan and his policies that bankrupted the Soviet Union and His courage that got the Berlin Wall tore down.  That was something I was told in school that I would never see in my lifetime. But Reagan made it happen.  I rank Reagan in my top 3 Presidents of all time along with Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson.   Brought the economy down ??? if that is true how come the 1980's are remembered as the decade of excess.(money, good times, BMW318i's Dinks)  I made more Money in the 1980's than in any other decade since.  You better get to class and study some Economics before spouting off about how bad Reagan made the 1980's.

Signed Lions84

hsu1

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 11:55:55 pm
That's just the excuse they use for blowing it. I wish I still had the chart to show you the declines and rises in the economy for each president. Reagan had it down pretty low. Just look at how well Clinton had it up. Boy that didn't sound to good did it. LOL. Anyway, my point is people attack Clinton because he couldn't keep it in his pants, which has nothing to do with how well he ran the country. Unless he and his partner accidentally ruined some important documents while they were getting it on on the desk.
the only thing clinton had up is.......ahh nevermind.  we've already talked about this on another post.  reagan's policies are responsible for two of the longest and strongest peacetime booms in american history.  he did increase national debt but the reality is it's a false burden since 75% of the debt is owed to the private sector so all that happens is the money gets payed back to the american public which begins a cycle of spending and helps our economy. 

c4blueflames

You better get to class and study some Economics before spouting off about how bad Reagan made the 1980's.

Signed Lions84

You have the right to your opinion, but the sarcasm and rudeness has no place. State your opinion and leave it at that. I wasn't rude to you, and I expect the same courtesy from others.

Lions84

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 25, 2006, 12:57:01 pm
You better get to class and study some Economics before spouting off about how bad Reagan made the 1980's.

Signed Lions84

You have the right to your opinion, but the sarcasm and rudeness has no place. State your opinion and leave it at that. I wasn't rude to you, and I expect the same courtesy from others.

I'm not being rude.  I am giving you some free advise . Take a look at the facts before busting out The Great Communicator. RG

Reagan Rules Clinton Drools

c4blueflames

Quote from: Lions84 on April 26, 2006, 08:53:07 am
Quote from: c4blueflames on April 25, 2006, 12:57:01 pm

Signed Lions84

I'm not being rude. I am giving you some free advise . Take a look at the facts before busting out The Great Communicator. RG

Reagan Rules Clinton Drools

I don't need any advise from you, thank you very much. You think that anyone with different views from yourown is wrong. What are you so afraid of? And don't say that you are not, because anyone who spouts off insults at other people do it out of fear. The only two things in this world is love and fear. Hatered, anger, sadness , and any other negativeness comes from fear. Joy, laughter, respect for others, and other positive emotions come from love. I see alot of your posts are attacks at other peoples beliefs. I guess everything you think is what everyone should think, or they are idiots and need to research your point of view before they post. Not me pal, so here is a slap for you. I also would appreciate it if I'm discussing something with someone else you don't just bust in and start off with rude remarks. I know that its not in you nature to do such things, but it would be greatly appreciated by me. If you got something to say you can say it without the sarcasm. It really shows you immaturity, and fear.

Father Guido

I generally tend to avoid this type of threads.  Now I remember why. ::)

Deltaboy

Lions84

c4blueflames

September 04, 2015, 11:35:37 pm #59 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:37:30 pm by c4blueflames
I'm glad I found this old post. I'm also very embarrassed. I'm now one of the most conservative people you will meet. I've learned a lot in the past decade. I guess it has to do with me finally coming to our Lord Jesus Christ. I've recently been baptized and pray to God that I'm forgiven for my terrible sins. I hope this message gets to all that posted on here.

c4blueflames

Now that I know the truth and the facts I love Reagan and what he stood for. I'm still not completely sold on bush though I do respect him more now.

Valleysports

September 05, 2015, 10:36:14 am #61 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:19:48 am by Valleysports
Socially you're on the Conservative side, now, because of Christian Values.  What about fiscally?  10 yrs ago you didn't understand that Clinton's balanced budget years were because he had a republican congress, led by Newt Gingrich who authored "Contract with America" and passed the first balanced budget in 30 yrs.  Clinton was smart enough to let the Republicans manage the money, except for his Housing Act's (forcing banks to lend money to low-income, high risk, neighborhoods) which of course led to housing bubble crash.  And the NAFTA Free Trade agreement, outsourcing American jobs overseas. You had it in your mind that bad times, after Clinton left, must've been the fault of whomever the presiding president was, even though he inherited the impending meltdown.  I'm just showing an example of your Liberal Fiscal viewpoint.

Most businessmen, money managers, etc., who are socially liberal, vote fiscally conservative.  Finances are priority over social issues in the voting booth.  Now here's where I've been going with all this - (sorry for the ramble) - Social Christians who are Fiscally Liberal. 

Christians who are Fiscally Liberal.  How do they vote?  Should Finances be priority over Christian Values in the voting booth?  Should Christians vote for Pro Abortion Candidates because they agree with them on finances?  Democrats get wild eyed when I ask these questions, but I don't see how a Christian can vote for Candidates who are anti-God or against Christian Values - some verbally.  Now that you're a Christian, maybe you can give me a perspective on how they justify this.  I don't see much difference in this and Peter's acts of denying Christ three times before the Rooster crowed!

Breitontime

Another 9 year old post brought back from the dead by the guy?

sixthman

Quote from: c4blueflames on September 04, 2015, 11:35:37 pm
I'm glad I found this old post. I'm also very embarrassed. I'm now one of the most conservative people you will meet. I've learned a lot in the past decade. I guess it has to do with me finally coming to our Lord Jesus Christ. I've recently been baptized and pray to God that I'm forgiven for my terrible sins. I hope this message gets to all that posted on here.

I'm happy for you, my brother.

Quote from: Breitontime on September 05, 2015, 06:59:16 pm

He is a changed person now, with a changed heart and new desires. He no longer wants what this world has to offer, but has his mind set on the things of God. He is now ashamed of the way he was and these new posts are important to him. You don't have to read them.

beach bum

September 09, 2015, 07:07:14 pm #64 Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:25:28 pm by beach bum
Quote from: sixthman on September 09, 2015, 05:55:19 pm

He is a changed person now, with a changed heart and new desires. He no longer wants what this world has to offer, but has his mind set on the things of God. He is now ashamed of the way he was and these new posts are important to him. You don't have to read them.

Well tell him to stop eating because food is on planet Earth.... tell him to stop driving to work because humans created cars. Tell him no more doctors visits because advancements in technology are "of the world"..... what does it even mean to not want what this world has to offer? That is a literal impossibility. I believe in intelligent design but what you just said was to make yourself and him feel "holier than thou"... Obviously you just pick and choose what you want "of the world" like the rest of us. I must be the devil since I want to be successful and do good in the only life on this planet we have.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 08:49:33 am
So Uncle Ivan are you saying its worse to shoot you wad on her dress than to blow someones head off. You must be a christian. And I don't  think that the  happy folks are trying to get married in your precious church. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you, thank God. But it seems to me that christians, if they could, would make it a law to believe there crap. I was brought up in a Missionary Baptist Church, and finally woke up and realized its all a big lie. Hypocrites is what they are.

Genuinely sorry you had a bad experience and especially sorry that you have rejected a relationship with God through Christ.  I can't imagine life without that peace.

sixthman

Quote from: beach bum on September 09, 2015, 07:07:14 pm
Quote from: sixthman on September 09, 2015, 05:55:19 pm

Well tell him to stop eating because food is on planet Earth.... tell him to stop driving to work because humans created cars. Tell him no more doctors visits because advancements in technology are "of the world"..... what does it even mean to not want what this world has to offer? That is a literal impossibility. I believe in intelligent design but what you just said was to make yourself and him feel "holier than thou"... Obviously you just pick and choose what you want "of the world" like the rest of us. I must be the devil since I want to be successful and do good in the only life on this planet we have.

No need to get upset. I am genuinly sorry if those comments came off as "holier than thou". I simply ment that man, in his natural state, loves sin and wants to fullfill desires that are contrary to God. When someone comes to Christ they do not suddenly become perfect, they still struggle with sin because we still have fleshly bodies, but God changes the heart and gives us new desires. We no longer want to sin, but please God. Christians understand that this world is a temperal thing, but the essence of who we are, our soul, our spirit, will continue with the promise that those who trust in Jesus will one day be resurected. We understand that all people will spend eternity either in the presence of God or eternaly seperated from Him.

All good things come from God. The jobs we have, food we eat, car we drive, everything that is good comes from Him. Each breath we take is by His grace alone, its His air that we are breathing. He owes us nothing because we have all broken His law and deserve His judgement...but Jesus came to earth, kept the law perfectly and sacrificed himself for us on the cross, taking the wrath of God the Father that each of us deserve. He then was raised from the dead and lives forever more. If we will repent of our sin and turn to Christ, his sacrifice will pay the penalty for our sin and his perfection will be freely given to us so that when God looks at us He sees the perfect Christ. And because Christ is risen, we can rest in the surity that we will be as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas