• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a Softball

Started by waterboy, March 06, 2018, 09:36:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

littlec2964

3-5-18 @ SAU

Taylor 10
Smackover 0

Smalltownfamous

1A Taylor defeated 4A Arkadelphia 6 to 1 tonight at tournament...still undefeated.

CrazySacDad

Woodlawn 19 Watson Chapel 1 Tuesday

Woodlawn 12 Fordyce 2

XFalkonz

Genoa Central 5
Taylor 3

gamechanger11

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 08, 2018, 08:36:24 pm
1A Taylor defeated 4A Arkadelphia 6 to 1 tonight at tournament...still undefeated.

Ouachata run ruled them tonight soooooo.

littlec2964

Soooo, we'll find out April 3rd at Taylor. Should be a good game.

Smalltownfamous

Uhmmm, Taylor girls have not played Ouachita. So, not sure what you're referring to. Only loss has come by Genoa in a very close game. They then defeated Horatio 12 to 3 Friday night.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-13 Clinton-0
Concord-15 Calico Rock-0
Concord-10 Bradford-0
Concord-8 Salem-1
Concord-10 Cedar Ridge-0

Bigpoppa

Thinking Concord is the team to beat?!

littlec2964

Salem is the only team that has a winning record out of the 5 listed. 2 of those teams are winless and 1 team has only won one game.

littlec2964

Taylor 10
Parkers Chapel 0

CrazySacDad

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: littlec2964 on March 12, 2018, 04:33:32 pm
Salem is the only team that has a winning record out of the 5 listed. 2 of those teams are winless and 1 team has only won one game.
Despite that, this is still a great group of players that can make some noise come postseason time. It's a young group but the more older ones have state finals experience.

BasketballNeverStops

3-15-17
Concord-9 (8-0)
Viola-0 (6-1)

BasketballNeverStops

D-Mac Tournament
3/16/18
Concord-4 (9-0)
Genoa Central-2 (7-3)

Smalltownfamous

Concord is on a roll for sure. Taylor's losses against Genoa and Harmony Grove were similar to their loss to Woodlawn last year at Regionals...low scoring game with errors by Taylor and an inability to hit. HG jumped all over them with 7 runs in the first 2 innings coming as a result of 2 errors and an unusual 4-homerun blasting. Then Taylor settled in and HG didn't score for remainder. Taylor came back to 7-5 in last inning...left bases loaded. Lead was just too large to overcome.

Same with Genoa...errors and couldn't hit. Genoa game was identical to Woodlawn in 2017. Deja vu in Arkadelphia that night.

Banks of Boggy

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on March 17, 2018, 08:54:57 am
Concord is on a roll for sure. Taylor's losses against Genoa and Harmony Grove were similar to their loss to Woodlawn last year at Regionals...low scoring game with errors by Taylor and an inability to hit. HG jumped all over them with 7 runs in the first 2 innings coming as a result of 2 errors and an unusual 4-homerun blasting. Then Taylor settled in and HG didn't score for remainder. Taylor came back to 7-5 in last inning...left bases loaded. Lead was just too large to overcome.

Same with Genoa...errors and couldn't hit. Genoa game was identical to Woodlawn in 2017. Deja vu in Arkadelphia that night.
Inability to hit and errors. It's the nature of the game. I could easily say Genoa would have won 25 to 2 if they all would have hit every time they batted. Softball is full of "what ifs." At the end of the day the final score is all you really have.

BasketballNeverStops

D-Mac Semifinals
Nashville-7 (9-3)
Concord-2 (9-1)

D-Mac Third Place
Concord-7 (10-1)
Harmony Grove-6 (7-4)

gamechanger11

With concord beating the teams that has beaten Taylor it seems they are definitely the team to beat this year.

Smalltownfamous

Well, I guess GC will have that opportunity to beat Taylor 25-2 later in the season. Are you willing to bet they can? I'm down! If we're playing the "Fantasy Land"'game, I guess we could say that Dermotte could be University of Florida if they all hit homeruns and Florida struggled! Are you  Ben being serious? Please read what you write before posting. That was insulting. I love the kids of GC and gave them props for winning. I have family friends there. They are tough. If I insulted GC, I apologize. But to "what-if" it? Good Lord, we could do that all day long.

littlec2964

That's not the same Harmony Grove that Taylor played. Taylor played Harmony Grove Camden and Concord played Harmony Grove Haskell.  Might want to learn a little about the teams in Arkansas before you post.

gamechanger11

Really. Just relax. Did Taylor lose to Genoa? Yes. Did concord beat Genoa? Yes. Given that the statement is still very much factual. I am not at all saying Taylor is not a very good team, because they are. So cool the jets. They will meet in finals. They will both win their reg and they are on opposite side of the brackets and will play in finals.

Smalltownfamous

Taylor - 13
Magnolia (5a) - 2
5 innings.

BasketballNeverStops

3/26/18
Game 1
Concord-13 Pangburn-2

Game 2
Concord-20 Pangburn-2

Lady Pirates put eight dingers up on the board over two games, freshman Abi West hits five of them, four in the second game alone. What a display of offense.

Mulerider4Life

Does Taylor have a home field? Or do they just play all of their games at SAU?

littlec2964

Taylor has some of the nicest fields (girls and boys)in this part of the state. Not sure why you thought they played all their games at SAU. They've only played one there that I can remember and that was this year against Smackover.

Mulerider4Life

Sorry about that. Saw it on Maxpreps I thought.

Smalltownfamous

Taylor usually plays one game per year at SAU. However, SAU allows local schools to use their facilities after a hard rain due to their excellent field drainage. Taylor is great, but is hard to play after a rainout.

BasketballNeverStops

I remember practicing at Taylor's gym my sophomore year when state tournament was held at SAU in 2012. The gym looked like something out of Hoosiers (1950's era), but knowing they were a softball/baseball school, I walked out back to see two of the most beautiful and well kept fields I had ever seen.

Smalltownfamous

Yep...that's Taylor.  Lol. Although this year, due to the district upgrading Bradley and Emerson which are basketball schools, Taylor has finally gotten a new gym. However, they kept the old wooden arches in place and cut out part of the wooden floor as a backdrop in the entryway.  It's gonna be nice. So, now Taylor can get their butts whipped on the court "in style" from now on. Lol.

Smalltownfamous

Taylor - 11
Parker's Chapel - 1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas