• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to treat the other sports the same as Football and Basketball

Started by spoof1530, February 26, 2018, 08:52:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spoof1530

Each year I come back to Fearless Friday around this time to get a feel for top baseball teams in each classification. As it should be, Basketball is listed at the top, but then comes Football, despite Football being in off season.

Wouldn't it be better to treat Baseball/Softball/Soccer and Track & Field with the same respect that both Football and Basketball gets. I think both of those sports should go to the bottom once their seasons have finished. It's time to be fair with all sports.

mr.gametime

OB11

That has been done in the past where the in-season sports were bumped to the top of the page. Not sure if it will be done this year.

beach bum

Quote from: OB11 on February 27, 2018, 11:46:06 am
That has been done in the past where the in-season sports were bumped to the top of the page. Not sure if it will be done this year.

I was thinking the same.... I believe I remember one time when basketball finals ended they had they "other sports" at the top for what felt like a month or two.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: OB11 on February 27, 2018, 11:46:06 am

Why not? Bump the "Other" category to the top. Don't those kids count as much as the other kids?

Made

To be honest not sure why football isn't always at the top....the site is called fearless Friday for a reason.

And if we want to talk about being fair why not address the rule that only allows football teams to participate in 8 days of camps during summer, rule doesn't affect basketball or baseball.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Made on March 01, 2018, 06:46:28 pm

And if we want to talk about being fair why not address the rule that only allows football teams to participate in 8 days of camps during summer, rule doesn't affect basketball or baseball.
It might have something to do with the fact that football games begin so soon after school starts. Not needed for basketball which has plenty of time to prepare during the school year before the season starts. Needless to say, summer practice is hardly necessary so many months before the first game.

OB11

Quote from: Made on March 01, 2018, 06:46:28 pm
To be honest not sure why football isn't always at the top....the site is called fearless Friday for a reason.

It does effect baseball. Many schools have been playing an extended high school schedule. The 8 day limit cuts a lot of that out. But most players are going to travel ball anyway. So I figure the ones that are serious about it and haven't gone to play travel ball in the summer before, will now.

And it limits the summer to 8 competition days. You can still practice every day if you wanted. Just can't "compete" against another team. How many football teams go to more than 8 7-on-7 or team camps in the summer anyway?

Eslim03

Baseball will probably get bumped to the top of the page when basketball season is over. I know they bumped it to the top last year. Basketball doesn't get bumped up until football is completely over either.

OLDSCHOOL82

Serious question...Does it matter?  Does the post count on a specific topic affect any schools chances of success?  Is it that hard to scroll down, or even minimize the upper threads?  I'm sure its based on activity if you will just think about it for a second.

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Honestly, I don't mind where the baseball thread is located in relation to the top or bottom as much as having only 1 baseball thread. It's more annoying to me to have to search through all of the baseball threads to find one about the classification that I'm interested in.

I wish they would split the Baseball Thread into 7A, 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A or something. At least maybe a 1A-4A & 5A-7A would help.

AirWarren

Quote from: spoof1530 on February 26, 2018, 08:52:11 pm
Each year I come back to Fearless Friday around this time to get a feel for top baseball teams in each classification. As it should be, Basketball is listed at the top, but then comes Football, despite Football being in off season.

Wouldn’t it be better to treat Baseball/Softball/Soccer and Track & Field with the same respect that both Football and Basketball gets. I think both of those sports should go to the bottom once their seasons have finished. It’s time to be fair with all sports.

BLAME TRUMP, its his fault!

NEA Razorback olfan

March 07, 2018, 09:46:27 am #13 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:50:22 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: AirWarren on March 07, 2018, 09:37:51 am
BLAME TRUMP, its his fault!

Only if you're an idiot  that believes everything the MSM reports or makes up

OB11

Quote from: ThiefOfDiamonds8 on March 07, 2018, 09:17:13 am
Honestly, I don't mind where the baseball thread is located in relation to the top or bottom as much as having only 1 baseball thread. It's more annoying to me to have to search through all of the baseball threads to find one about the classification that I'm interested in.

I wish they would split the Baseball Thread into 7A, 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A or something. At least maybe a 1A-4A & 5A-7A would help.

I think this is a good idea. But not sure if the amount of traffic baseball gets on this site would warrant the admins putting in the work to do it.

bengle

great site

Chief_Osceola™

I'm just glad we have a dedicated forum to discuss baseball around the state.

beach bum

Quote from: bengle on March 07, 2018, 12:23:57 pm
The site is called fearless Friday for a reason,  Football and basketball dominate the majority of discussions regardless of what season it is.  Are you the same person who complains all time because their kid is not getting the playing time YOU think they deserve?  Always have at least one somewhere complaining about fairness.

I don't see how that is comparable whatsoever to what he is asking or discussing? I don't know why the need to make it so personal?? Also, I comment on all threads and no there is not more discussion going on the football threads right now. I have no clue what you are talking about there?

beach bum

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 07, 2018, 12:31:35 pm
I'm just glad we have a dedicated forum to discuss baseball around the state.

I agree, I comment pretty much on all the sports from football, basketball, soccer, college sports, and track, and even more than that. I'm just happy we have it for sure. I can come to the site and find at least a baseline of knowledge on all the sports at all classifications because we have some really good posters on here. The moderators also do a great job of running this site and I am sure they aren't closed minded and unwilling the at least listen to suggestions. It doesn't mean they have to change anything but I am sure they are at least open to suggestions.... and not trying to sound sappy either  ;D

Gray lizard

If you want an answer to your question look at the post count listed to the right of each topic. I am sure they try to keep most used treads to the top.
Baseball has all classifications combined and total post count is way less than football or basketball.

NEA Razorback olfan

Just minimize the topic you don't want to see , problem  solved

spoony gluv

Quote from: spoof1530 on February 26, 2018, 08:52:11 pm

Wouldn't it be better to treat Baseball/Softball/Soccer and Track & Field with the same respect that both Football and Basketball gets. I think both of those sports should go to the bottom once their seasons have finished. It's time to be fair with all sports.
Are you serious Clark?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 12, 2018, 10:14:12 am
If you want an answer to your question look at the post count listed to the right of each topic. I am sure they try to keep most used treads to the top.
Baseball has all classifications combined and total post count is way less than football or basketball.
That may be one reason why baseball has fewer posts. It's a pain to keep up with what's going on in the class(es) that interest you when you have to wade through posts about all the others to get to the ones you want. This is especially true of score threads.

Interest might well increase if they broke it out by class.

Mulerider4Life

Is their as much demand for Baseball though? What is average attendance at a FB vs BB VS Baseball game?

RedWolf275

Just looking at this forum, not much interest in baseball.

T-Bone

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 26, 2018, 12:39:01 pm
Just looking at this forum, not much interest in baseball.

I could care less what order it is in but there is interest in baseball but often it is the football parents that speak out the most and often talk the most on forums.  Not sure why.  And yes I respect and like both football and baseball. 

Mulerider4Life

There's just more people want to talk about. Kinda like drive time sports.

T-Bone

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 26, 2018, 05:04:21 pm
There's just more people want to talk about. Kinda like drive time sports.

There are more players playing football than baseball so there will be more parents and people of interest talking.  Good point.

MT Legend

Baseball and softball seem to be in the bottom tear.Outside your true die hards are people having someone on the team to go watch. It's pretty much non existent in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas