• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Talk

Started by Eagle076, February 04, 2018, 04:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle076

What's everyone's thoughts on 2A baseball this season? I'm thinking Des Arc may have a good year!

RabidWolf

I hear spring hill will be very good again. Got some transfers and some solid returners

MagicMike

PC is always a force to be reckoned with.

big E

Des Arc should be pretty good, Buffalo Island should be solid. McCrory will always be in the mix for a tournament run as long as Cambell is the coach. Conway Christian seems to always be in the mix. PC , Spring hill , Harmony Grove out of the South should all be solid. Someone will show up out of the blue and make some noise.

LaFlamaBlanca55

Look for some teams outta NE arkansas to make a run.

12345 baseball

Parker's chapel is always a threat. Been hearing a lot about one of their few seniors worthy showing out, in my in my opinion one of the most underrated in 2a. Has a canon from the outfield and covers more ground than anyone I've ever seen.also can play just about any position on the field as I think he played last year. He's definitely a threat and will surprise some folks like he has his whole career. Their coach always has them ready to go , looking forward to playing them this year.

RabidWolf

....Can we get a name? Or is it that you don't want to reveal your own name?

big E

February 16, 2018, 05:37:52 am #7 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:40:10 am by big E
South teams are always solid , I personally think BIC may be the best team in 2a it just depends on the draw. Take spring hill last year. Come from behind to win the first game (seen it with my own eyes) , survived the second game against BIC , and won a shootout with PW in the Semis,  before blanking st.joe in the finals. They were 1 strike away from not being at Baum. Just shows that anything can happen with kids , but I watched BIC play a few times last season and thought from top to bottom they were real solid , and I don't believe that they lost much. Only time will tell , that region has some good  teams in it , although PW lost a bunch of seniors,  this young bunch while they don't have a will Nash,  they have a group that only lost  3 games in 4 years in Jr. High baseball , and this young group hits the ball 10 times better than the last bunch. But again only time will tell.

big E

PW played a benefit game against Barton last night and looked real solid on defence and on the mound. Looked real fast on the basepaths. They started 3 freshmen,  4 jrs and 2 seniors.

Eagle076

If it doesn't quit raining it may be a while before anyone gets on the field.

big E

Yeah this didn't help anyone.

big E

PW 10 Harrisburg 0. Krandle Cooper pitched for PW looked real sharp , threw strikes and made them put it in play and the defence did it's job.

Jawalpole

Mountain Pine should be much improved. We finally have a roster of kids that know baseball and have several years experience. Look for our seniors Chad Graves and Mtthew Herron.

MagicMike

PC is 2-1 after one week.

Lost opener to Crossett

Beat Smackover & Murfreesboro.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine will be good in their area. Don't know how they will match up state-wide.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 12

Carlisle 2

At Carlisle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 3

Faulkner County 1

Final

MagicMike

Parkers Chapel is 4-3, going 2-2 on the week. Wins against Hamburg, Smackover and losses to Junction city and star city

big E

3/8 PW 3 Harrisburg 4 , 3/9 PW 8 Babtist prep 6.

big E

PW 15-0 and 23-0 over Brinkley.

Eagle076

Des Arc 13-0 over Cross County.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

March 15, 2018, 06:43:06 pm #21 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:57:27 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Des Arc 3

Pangburn 0

Final

Pangburn Classic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Riverside 4

Des Arc 2

Final

Pangburn classic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

McCrory 10

Des Arc 0

Final

Pangburn Classic

PC fan

Parkers Chapel 7..  Woodlawn 6

big E

3/26 PW 5 Hazen 0.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 7

W.C.C. 1

FINAL

bearfan

Conway Christian and PW, best two teams in 2a this year

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bearfan on March 28, 2018, 11:10:44 am
Conway Christian and PW, best two teams in 2a this year

Parkers Chapel #1
Conway Christian #2

last year was  PW year. 

big E

PW is very young , and when I say young they can start 5 or 6 freshmen , so I wouldn't put them in any conversation although I do think they will get to the state tournament I don't think they will make much noise.

RedWolf275

I'm trying to figure out why BIC, a supposed 2A contender, has only played 2 games. Seems really strange to me.

bearfan

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 28, 2018, 11:12:26 am
Parkers Chapel #1
Conway Christian #2

last year was  PW year.
CC is a way better team then PC
#1 CC
#2 PW
#3 PC

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bearfan on March 29, 2018, 10:40:41 am
CC is a way better team then PC
#1 CC
#2 PW
#3 PC

They may be better, but its not by much.  I tend to think both Woodlawn and Genoa Central are better teams than CC and PC beat both of them.  But if you look at the only common opponent JC you could make a case for CC.

Eagle076

Des Arc McCrory game will be played Saturday at 1:00.

big E

The sleeper in all this is BIC . Last year Conway Christian was by far the best team , and they ran into a kid from PW that pitched the game of his life.  I really think BIC will be there in the end , and the crazy thing about them is they were down 5 to McCrory with 2 outs in region last year and McCrory 3rd baseman couldn't make a play. So anything can happen with kids. But my top 3 are Conway Christian,  Parkers Chapel,  and BIC.

ChokeNPoke

BIC has some work to do. Hearing they've only played 2 games so far.

MagicMike

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on March 30, 2018, 07:30:51 pm

If true, they will not be a contender

Eagle076

Des Arc over McCrory 7-6

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on March 30, 2018, 07:30:51 pm
I know they play McCrory tomorrow on the road and have full weeks the next 3 weeks. I know they have alot of games the next 3 weeks and will play into contention just like they did last year.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on April 01, 2018, 10:56:43 pm
I know they play McCrory tomorrow on the road and have full weeks the next 3 weeks. I know they have alot of games the next 3 weeks and will play into contention just like they did last year.

They've taken half the season off it sounds like.  I'm with Mike, they will be too inexperienced when it counts.

Anyway #2 Ranked Spring Hill plays at #3 Ranked Parkers Chapel today. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc beat Abundant Life today.

When I left after the 4th inning, it was 13-0 and not a very good game.

MagicMike

Parkers Chapel defeated Spring Hill 3-1

leaderofthepack10

BIC beats McCrory on the road 14-3 in 5 innings.

Cheek

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on April 02, 2018, 09:21:23 pm
BIC beats McCrory on the road 14-3 in 5 innings.

BIC is not that far behind.

big E

RedWolf275

They've had a lot of practice!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc hosts Bradford on the 5th, goes to Clarendon on the 6th and goes to Conway Christian on the 7th to play Conway Christian and England.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Cheek on April 02, 2018, 11:00:03 pm
BIC is not that far behind.

3-0 this year on April 3rd  ....  last year on this date they were 3-1   Schedule about the same. I think they did have a rain out or 2  this year already.

big E

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 6

Bradford 0

Final

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas