• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 District at Harrisburg 2/12-2/17

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, February 03, 2018, 08:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 19, 2018, 08:56:08 pm
The 2nd half of the game at Westside was chippy. Then Saturday. I do hope it's an isolated deal because rivalries are fun for players and fans, but not when it gets to that level in Harrisburg.

I didn't make the one at Westside

J12

Brookalnd came out after half and played very physical. Clapping after they fouled Westside players. Then Bill did his deal yelling at Felts

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 19, 2018, 09:10:16 pm
Brookalnd came out after half and played very physical. Clapping after they fouled Westside players. Then Bill did his deal yelling at Felts

Well I like to see teams play hard but under control. Fouling a lot is just going to put the other team on the foul line faster.

Livewire

It is on Soncom if you are interested in watching. The events of that game concerning #12's fouling of Avery lends a lot of insight to his flagrant foul at Harrisburg.
If Gross was sincere about not condoning that type behavior he would have benched #12 for the remainder of the game. It should have been made clear to the other players to play right. Instead we see 2 more flagrant fouls directed against one player.
I stand by my opinion that Bobby's apologies are just political correctness to cover his rear.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 09:36:02 pm
It is on Soncom if you are interested in watching. The events of that game concerning #12's fouling of Avery lends a lot of insight to his flagrant foul at Harrisburg.
If Gross was sincere about not condoning that type behavior he would have benched #12 for the remainder of the game. It should have been made clear to the other players to play right. Instead we see 2 more flagrant fouls directed against one player.
I stand by my opinion that Bobby's apologies are just political correctness to cover his rear.

Sir you are entitled to your opinion

RiceMan3

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 09:36:02 pm

If they were legitimate flagrant fouls, then I'd agree. There was several harder fouls in both games that night, from all 4 teams involved. The refs were just waiting for a reason to call one with the history between the two teams; a history dating back to more than just the last game.

And to act like westside is innocent..... one of their fans called a Brookland player the N word to his face then shoved him.

Livewire

Thank you for agreeing with me.
I didn't catch the boys consolation game and didn't see any hard uncalled fouls in the girls game, so not sure what 4 teams you are referencing. Did the ref miss some calls? Sure they did. Always do. Was the officiating biased? Not at all.
History between the teams...a good rivalry, but nothing like this has ever occurred that I am aware of.

Parent shoving and calling a player N word...totally unacceptable and charges should be made!

Sports1511

I can tell you in the game between Westside and Gosnell Avery Felts received a technical foul.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas