• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest School Rivalries?

Started by thechampchamp, January 25, 2018, 08:40:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thechampchamp

Anyone know of any old, or new rivalries in 1A? I know there arent really any "rivalries" in highschool, but i wanna know if anyone has any stories about some..

thebigman3

Guy and St. Joseph used to be the  biggest one around. Those games were heated.

thechampchamp

I feel like guy is gonna have a few. I know guy and quitman have always had one. And their games this year have been pretty intense

FromTheBench

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 08:53:48 am
I feel like guy is gonna have a few. I know guy and quitman have always had one. And their games this year have been pretty intense

Both boys games went into overtime. First time @ Quitman, move in from Conway hit a buzzer beater to send it to OT. The game ended 97-90 Guy I believe. Second time @ Guy Quitman's Defense was relentless and they pulled down every rebound. Was a much lower scoring game 66-57 Quitman in OT. It was definitely a fun game to watch! I know Guy isn't the team they were last year with Ballard and Ealy, but Quitman's boys look solid this year and are playing well at the right time.

thechampchamp

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 25, 2018, 09:03:38 am
Both boys games went into overtime. First time @ Quitman, move in from Conway hit a buzzer beater to send it to OT. The game ended 97-90 Guy I believe. Second time @ Guy Quitman's Defense was relentless and they pulled down every rebound. Was a much lower scoring game 66-57 Quitman in OT. It was definitely a fun game to watch! I know Guy isn't the team they were last year with Ballard and Ealy, but Quitman's boys look solid this year and are playing well at the right time.
You have to remember, they didnt have Spires, or Rodriguez. Their 2 biggest players. They started 5 guards.

riccoar

I moved to GF about 2 years ago.  Think my first game at 1A level to watch was WSGF @ Concord and it was pretty rocking.  They say Concord is WS's rival now, but back in the day it was WSGF and Shirley I'm told.

FromTheBench

Correct, but the first time @ Quitman they had both and they stilled played them a great game. Definitely made a difference with them missing I agree, but Quitman plays hard and they're disciplined all around from what I've seen of them. Guy will still be a tough out this year.

thechampchamp

I agree 100% with you. Quitman is a decent team that plays very tough. But in 2A... they wont even be a team worth thinking of when it comes to state tournament. Their girls can still beat them im sure.. and thats a problem LOL

riccoar

Guy would be middle of the road this year without their recruit.  I think that's obvious.

BannerMountainMan

What about Guy and south side a few years back, when their was a full court brawl with even parents fighting

thechampchamp

I remember guy and southside. I was at that game. Pretty wild

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 25, 2018, 09:14:40 am
What about Guy and south side a few years back, when their was a full court brawl with even parents fighting
Are you serious?  Would love to hear a story on this one.  Cause if it was at SS, that place is tiny.

FromTheBench

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 09:14:08 am
I agree 100% with you. Quitman is a decent team that plays very tough. But in 2A... they wont even be a team worth thinking of when it comes to state tournament. Their girls can still beat them im sure.. and thats a problem LOL

Not sure about that, they'll probably be a top 3 in their district that includes Lighthouse, England, and White County, so if they can win in district and get a good draw at region I see them winning a game or two. The girls are good over there but let's be realistic lol. I've seen them play twice in Conway this year and at Guy and their big kids blocks everything that comes his way.

FromTheBench

Guy and SS was a legit brawl. I believe the coach at SS was even accused of hitting a Guy kid, but it wasn't true, that's just how heated it got. SS old ball coach is now at Greenbrier coaching baseball and is a stand up guy.

thechampchamp

FromTheBench

Wonderview VS Sacred Heart and Wonderview VS Nemo Vista were always big ones and probably still are. Conway County matchups

BannerChaser95

I know theirs been some good ones in the south as well. Especially on Kirby's side of things. Some older ones would be Kirby boys and Delight boys, Kirby girls and wickes girls. Kirby and caddo Hills in general. Good ball games, some heated nights. Nothing like that old wickes gym forcing everyone to sit beside each other. I still remember them hosting in 2005 (horrible horrible horrible). Stephens and Saratoga, Delight and Saratoga used to have some ball games.

thebigman3

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 25, 2018, 09:22:27 am
Guy and SS was a legit brawl. I believe the coach at SS was even accused of hitting a Guy kid, but it wasn't true, that's just how heated it got. SS old ball coach is now at Greenbrier coaching baseball and is a stand up guy.
The game was intense the whole night. With both the tims boys getting into with the student section and the bench and the players on the court. One of the Tims boys even socked a kid from SS and the ref never saw it! it was tied 47-47 and Rimmer hit the game winning 3 and when the players were saying good game one of the SS players elbowed Tims and he wasn't having none of that and got on him and that's when Coach Glover grabbed Tims and Tims Uncle grabbed Glover to pull him off and after that everything went crazy. They got the players in the locker room for the most part it was mainly the adults doing the fighting! Nobody got tazed, but you could hear the cops threatening people with them and could hear them going off. Definitely the craziest game I've ever been too beside when the ref got jumped at Conway during an AAU tournament..

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 25, 2018, 09:29:39 am
I know theirs been some good ones in the south as well. Especially on Kirby's side of things. Some older ones would be Kirby boys and Delight boys, Kirby girls and wickes girls. Kirby and caddo Hills in general. Good ball games, some heated nights. Nothing like that old wickes gym forcing everyone to sit beside each other. I still remember them hosting in 2005 (horrible horrible horrible). Stephens and Saratoga, Delight and Saratoga used to have some ball games.
Saratoga used to be tough.

JimmyChitwood

I know that lately they haven't been great but Rural Special and Timbo is a big Stone county rivalry.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 25, 2018, 10:19:10 am
I know that lately they haven't been great but Rural Special and Timbo is a big Stone county rivalry.
Cause it's the only win those teams will get lol.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 10:20:59 am
Cause it's the only win those teams will get lol.
Well that may be the case. They do really care about those games though. The fac t that neither team is competing for a state title may heighten a game like this. It is kinda like their Super Bowl.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 09:14:08 am
But they beat Guy that's supposed to win 1A?  Lol!  You must be related to the Ignoramis family I know over around Guy

eamo8911

Bay and ICC for the last 10 years or so lol. 

Not 1A and not current either but ICC and Melbourne in the early 2000s when both were 2A and before. Sad they don't play each other anymore except for the Izard Co. Tournament.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 25, 2018, 10:23:06 am
Well that may be the case. They do really care about those games though. The fac t that neither team is competing for a state title may heighten a game like this. It is kinda like their Super Bowl.
Stone County Championship

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 10:24:09 am
But they beat Guy that's supposed to win 1A?  Lol!  You must be related to the Ignoramis family I know over around Guy
You seem to do more hating on Guy and other teams than cheering for your eagles.. don't think I've ever seen you post about their basketball on here..

eamo8911

Did there used to be a Stone Co. Tournament?   Seems like I remember hearing something about that when I worked at MV.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 10:31:29 am
You seem to do more hating on Guy and other teams than cheering for your eagles.. don't think I've ever seen you post about their basketball on here..
Remember I reminded you of WSGF bearing Guy last year.  Not having a great year.  But it's ok we don't steal other teams players

elgaeyddad

I wood honestly rather punch my mom in the face as look at a creature from Shirley. They litterilly make me contimplicate shooting my dog

BigLion10

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 25, 2018, 10:46:57 am
I wood honestly rather punch my mom in the face as look at a creature from Shirley. They litterilly make me contimplicate shooting my dog
That's bad right there

FromTheBench

West side beating Guy last year shook the WHOLE world...

elgaeyddad

BannerMountainMan

Westside was better than guy last year but Westside just couldn't finish the season on track

SackAttack

Sacred Heart and Wonderview! Cousins playing cousins when they ain't marrying them

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 25, 2018, 11:33:32 am
Westside was better than guy last year but Westside just couldn't finish the season on track
Can't tell if this is a joke or being for real..

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 10:46:46 am
Remember I reminded you of WSGF bearing Guy last year.  Not having a great year.  But it's ok we don't steal other teams players
Yeah how'd much did that win mean in the first round of regionals?

Backboard Shattered

Ballard was offered by Duke and UNC will be the next thing posted

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 01:30:04 pm
Ballard was offered by Duke and UNC will be the next thing posted
Change the subject.. clever

gilesman2333

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 01:33:23 pm
Change the subject.. clever
not meaning to change subject at all, but how do yall feel about the game tonight in mt.vernon? yall dominated them last time even without 2 of your starters. gonna be an easy win?

thebigman3

Quote from: gilesman2333 on January 25, 2018, 01:36:16 pm
not meaning to change subject at all, but how do yall feel about the game tonight in mt.vernon? yall dominated them last time even without 2 of your starters. gonna be an easy win?
Playing Mount Vernon is never easy. Especially at Mount Vernon. Honestly, IMO 23 from MVE does not shoot the ball near enough. When I watched him play Marvell I believe he shot a total of 3 times, and when I watched him play Guy he shot about 5 or 6. When he was in junior high he was much better than that.

gilesman2333

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 02:07:47 pm
Playing Mount Vernon is never easy. Especially at Mount Vernon. Honestly, IMO 23 from MVE does not shoot the ball near enough. When I watched him play Marvell I believe he shot a total of 3 times, and when I watched him play Guy he shot about 5 or 6. When he was in junior high he was much better than that.

I agree. The kid is talented but dosnt get the looks he deserves

thebigman3

Quote from: gilesman2333 on January 25, 2018, 02:14:57 pm
I agree. The kid is talented but dosnt get the looks he deserves
Couldn't tell you if this is true or not, but I hear his coach tells him that "true point guards don't shoot the ball" Or something along those lines.. which I disagree with, I have never seen a kid get a scholarship off just passing and ball handling alone.

thechampchamp

Guys getting an easy dub tonight boys!! MVE doesnt want to play us tonight. Especially since tipton is with us now ;)

FromTheBench

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 02:24:37 pm
Guys getting an easy dub tonight boys!! MVE doesnt want to play us tonight. Especially since tipton is with us now ;)

I think this was said before the Quitman game as well, should be an interesting game between MVE and Guy!

FromTheBench

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 02:07:47 pm

The kid can hoop and has a bright future, needs to be turned loose.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 25, 2018, 02:38:20 pm
I think this was said before the Quitman game as well, should be an interesting game between MVE and Guy!
Tipton wasn't at Quitman game.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 25, 2018, 10:46:57 am
yeah you look at the Shirley folk and then you get jealous

FromTheBench

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 02:49:35 pm

Tipton was at the Quitman game when Quitman played at Guy. First game at Quitman he was not

BannerMountainMan

Tipton was there when quitman won

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 02:49:35 pm
haha. Shows how much you think you know. The two post players for Guy were the ones not there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas