• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A 2-South district tourney predictions

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, January 22, 2018, 09:42:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

Girls- I think West Side and Rural Special both get better once their freshmen move up. Concord has been the best team this year throughout regular season. In my mind, those 3 are by far best 3 teams for the tournament.

Boys-Unfortunately, Concord has been the best team by quite a margin for much of the year. I think Midland and Shirley each have an outside shot at a run. Timbo might beat anyone but Concord on a given night.

I think it will be an entertaining district tournament. Just wanting to see which teams people have been surprised by this season and/or who might surprise at district.

SackAttack

JimmyChitwood

I just have a feeling that Rural Special will take the girls district title. Concord will coast to the win in boys.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 22, 2018, 09:55:16 pm
I just have a feeling that Rural Special will take the girls district title. Concord will coast to the win in boys.
not so fast there mr Hoosier, both conference games between Shirley and Concord have been decided by less the 5 points, is third time going to be a charm? We will see, one thing I know is there is no more stall ball

JimmyChitwood

But with the addition of the 9th graders such as Linville, they will be a totally different team. I just feel like they will play well!

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 22, 2018, 09:59:38 pm
not so fast there mr Hoosier, both conference games between Shirley and Concord have been decided by less the 5 points, is third time going to be a charm? We will see, one thing I know is there is no more stall ball
Wouldnt be so sure about that! If C4 Corvette crommett chooses to spread them out and hold it he could! Same team that did it last year and your post man can't guard a parked bus!!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 22, 2018, 09:55:16 pm
well I normally don't disagree with the chitty of all jimmys! But i disagree, shirley has the potential to get hot and make a run, as well as the coaches! BLUE DEVILS. Although we disagree i still love u jimmy boy

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Are the seeds set? I imagine that concord is 1 in both. What about 2-4.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on January 23, 2018, 03:08:16 pm
Are the seeds set? I imagine that concord is 1 in both. What about 2-4.
boys will most likely be Concord, Shirley, Midland, Timbo

ballmember

I think the boys will be between Concord and Shirley, followed by Midland and Timbo.

Girls will be Concord and Westside,  followed by .........................................

ballmember

9th grader moving up that is the best player in my opinion is Gentry girl from Westside.  However, you never know how that brain trust will choose to use someone.   

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: ballmember on January 23, 2018, 03:33:47 pm
9th grader moving up that is the best player in my opinion is Gentry girl from Westside.  However, you never know how that brain trust will choose to use someone.   
I have to disagree and say that the Linville girl from Rural Special is the best 9th grader moving up. She has hit over 30 this season. Gentry is talented as well though.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 22, 2018, 09:42:39 pm
Girls- I think West Side and Rural Special both get better once their freshmen move up. Concord has been the best team this year throughout regular season. In my mind, those 3 are by far best 3 teams for the tournament.

Boys-Unfortunately, Concord has been the best team by quite a margin for much of the year. I think Midland and Shirley each have an outside shot at a run. Timbo might beat anyone but Concord on a given night.

I think it will be an entertaining district tournament. Just wanting to see which teams people have been surprised by this season and/or who might surprise at district.
What's so "unfortunate" about Concord boys being the best team for most of the year?

elgaeyddad

Every dessent team they've played. They've lost too. So thts why concord won't win districts. And that jerk of a coach. Caught him laughing the other night when one of our boys shot and mised. Like what the heck jerk

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 23, 2018, 10:46:30 pm
Every dessent team they've played. They've lost too. So thts why concord won't win districts. And that jerk of a coach. Caught him laughing the other night when one of our boys shot and mised. Like what the heck jerk
So you're saying that Midland isn't "decent", and Concord has beat them three times? Concord has beat Shirley three times as well and many believe that they are decent.

riccoar

Quote from: ballmember on January 23, 2018, 03:33:47 pm
THIS.  Concord will be 1 seeds in both Boys and Girls, and rightfully so.  They have won the games they should and played tough against games that could have easily went the other way.  Consistent steady ball.

WS girls definitely get a huge boost with Gentry, but you nailed it with the brain trust part.

teamworkwins

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 23, 2018, 04:31:59 pm
I have to disagree and say that the Linville girl from Rural Special is the best 9th grader moving up. She has hit over 30 this season. Gentry is talented as well though.
Sutterfield is the one who hit over 30 this season. Both Linville and Sutterfield are solid players and will help the Sr. team, along with Gentry for West Side.

elgaeyddad

Quote from: teamworkwins on January 24, 2018, 08:27:47 am
Sutterfield is the one who hit over 30 this season. Both Linville and Sutterfield are solid players and will help the Sr. team, along with Gentry for West Side.
Surfterfield will create this down ward spirral for that team if she is moved up. I'm telling you. But hey if y'all want to loose first round of districts. Then go ahead....play the surfterfield. I've scene this first hand. It's a loseing situation.

elgaeyddad

The Linvill girl is the only one werthy enough IMO

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Quote from: teamworkwins on January 24, 2018, 08:27:47 am
I think you have players mixed up. Linville is the best one. Is surfterfield the 8th grader? She's the second best. Have you seen any games they have played this year?

elgaeyddad

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on January 24, 2018, 08:39:23 am
I think you have players mixed up. Linville is the best one. Is surfterfield the 8th grader? She's the second best. Have you seen any games they have played this year?
oviously they haven't. You can't physically be from Rurral and honestley think any one but Linvill should move up

PeedeecreekBoy99

elgaeyddad

It's every ones oppionion besides teamworklooses

Scout404

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 23, 2018, 10:46:30 pm
In "Crommetts" defense, how bad was the shot? Also he has a signature fist pump that beleive gives them the edge at district.

Catfish

Quote from: Scout404 on January 24, 2018, 11:11:58 am
In "Crommetts" defense, how bad was the shot? Also he has a signature fist pump that beleive gives them the edge at district.

It hasn't let him down yet so why stop  ;D

elgaeyddad

He fisted and pumped the other night and hit a news Guy right in the privates. I'm like really. Can we chill out with the pumps and stuff. Acting like he won the World Series right then and there

elgaeyddad

Meanwile. Bozo gets the ole one two, one two Tech. Honestly second best day of my live

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas