• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perryville vs. Pottsville

Started by SackAttack, January 17, 2018, 10:33:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Perryville at Pottsville. Anybody heard the details of what really went down. Several people got chunked is my info. Higher ups too!

Longfellow

Quote from: SackAttack on January 17, 2018, 10:33:19 pm
Perryville at Pottsville. Anybody heard the details of what really went down. Several people got chunked is my info. Higher ups too!
I heard the story from one of the officials. Sounded pretty comical

Gray lizard

I was not there.  I was at practice with my girls pee wee team.  From what I heard was the games was called poorly by officials.  Two persons removed from the gym including an administrator from Perryville.  Both games were close with Pottsville winning both.  The boys game went to overtime.  I don't think bad calls have anything to do with home cooking.  I just think officials are not qualified in most cases.
Like I said I coach Pee Wee ball.  The way games are called from each different crew is mind blowing.  The amount of contact seems to be the big thing.  Some crews call it correct and allow none out side the lane the way it should be.  Other crews allow slapping and body bumping. As a coach that teaches his players to play defense by moving their feet and no contact this can be a big disadvantage when officials allow a game to be to physical.

Like I said I was not there.  I do know the administration at Pottsville has no issue with ejecting a fan from the gym.  I have seen it done several times.

SackAttack

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 18, 2018, 08:12:38 am
I was not there.  I was at practice with my girls pee wee team.  From what I heard was the games was called poorly by officials.  Two persons removed from the gym including an administrator from Perryville.  Both games were close with Pottsville winning both.  The boys game went to overtime.  I don't think bad calls have anything to do with home cooking.  I just think officials are not qualified in most cases.
Like I said I coach Pee Wee ball.  The way games are called from each different crew is mind blowing.  The amount of contact seems to be the big thing.  Some crews call it correct and allow none out side the lane the way it should be.  Other crews allow slapping and body bumping. As a coach that teaches his players to play defense by moving their feet and no contact this can be a big disadvantage when officials allow a game to be to physical.

Like I said I was not there.  I do know the administration at Pottsville has no issue with ejecting a fan from the gym.  I have seen it done several times.
Just heard the Supt from Pottsville really made it way worse than it had to be! And I believe I heard also that this has happened regularly in the past!

athletic supporter

Quote from: SackAttack on January 18, 2018, 10:57:52 am
Just heard the Supt from Pottsville really made it way worse than it had to be! And I believe I heard also that this has happened regularly in the past!

I have no idea what happened in this instance, but I know it has happened in the past.

Gray lizard

Quote from: SackAttack on January 18, 2018, 10:57:52 am

You are correct. He has no problem showing someone the door.  Saw him eject a Baptist Prep lady a couple years ago.  I had heard he would get her before the game started.  It did not take much and she was out.

athletic supporter

It also happened against Maumelle a few years ago when he and a player from Maumelle had a verbal exchange while he stood on the baseline. He wants everyone to know who he is and that he is in charge

SackAttack

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 18, 2018, 12:33:31 pm
It also happened against Maumelle a few years ago when he and a player from Maumelle had a verbal exchange while he stood on the baseline. He wants everyone to know who he is and that he is in charge
Sounds a little insecure to me but I do not know the guy personally.

Gray lizard

He does a good job running the district and is respected by his employees. That is how my wife feels and she has 9 years working in the district.

JimmyChitwood

I was at the Perryville Clinton game at Clinton a few weeks ago. Two Perryville fans were ejected for foul language and overall stupid behavior. Now I will admit that the officiating was heavily in Clinton's favor but the fans seemed pretty unrealistic in their expectations. Coach Hargrove seems to be a classy guy and I hate that these outrageous fans make him and Perryville look bad.

poppyhog

I have seen more basketball this year than I have in years and there sure are a lot of officials in the stands, they must be, they see all the bad calls

HorseFeathers

Quote from: poppyhog on January 24, 2018, 02:28:04 pm
I have seen more basketball this year than I have in years and there sure are a lot of officials in the stands, they must be, they see all the bad calls

My favorite re the fans of the teams that could have the foul count 20-0 in their favor...but when one foul gets called on them they wanna yell "call it on both ends!"

poppyhog

it is funny to sit and listen to them and it is the same ones every game ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas