• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Godfather: 2,000 Wins

Started by BasketballNeverStops, January 17, 2018, 07:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallyround

I had been told mve hired a special new ref just for that game. I wondered how it played out.

thebigman3

Quote from: Rallyround on January 25, 2018, 11:04:01 pm
I had been told mve hired a special new ref just for that game. I wondered how it played out.
I've never seen those refs. I mean of course they called more for MVE than for Guy but there was never just a terrible call at all

riccoar

Or maybe MVE was out to prove that #1, it's the better team and #2 the grass is not always greener when you get recruited to the other side?

The Marsupial

How is Mt. Vernon this year? Haven't gotten the chance to watch them play. Extraordinary move to remove the old coach. Thought he was a basketball legend.

The Marsupial

What do I know though? I breed marsupials for a living.

Flobbito

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 26, 2018, 07:50:18 am
How is Mt. Vernon this year? Haven't gotten the chance to watch them play. Extraordinary move to remove the old coach. Thought he was a basketball legend.

Rogers is a good coach, brought MVE to the conversation when talking top 10 in 1A boys basketball, the new superintendent and him just did not mesh.

Backboard Shattered

January 26, 2018, 08:08:31 am #156 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:12:02 am by Backboard Shattered
Quote from: riccoar on January 26, 2018, 07:28:43 am
Or maybe MVE was out to prove that #1, it's the better team and #2 the grass is not always greener when you get recruited to the other side?
Great post.  Thought the same thing

elgaeyddad

the old coach....what was his name? Beleave it was rogskins or something along those lines.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 25, 2018, 08:56:47 pm
I say he could play for Arkansas because they are basically a glorified D2 school in basketball essentially. Pitt or Memphis. Chill out
ok come on now you stupid animal name, Arkansas is no a glorified D2 in basketball. obviously they are way better then that, have you watched D2 basketball , been around the atmosphere? have you been around the atmosphere of the hogs? you marsipual embisle

Rallyround

MVE kids playing together since 2ND grade are lifelong friends, know each other well and KNOW no one was recruited to the other side in spite of those rumors...MVE would've won 83% of their games last year if tipton was allowed to score instead of pass to please homegrowners though. Team was even totally embarrassed by their student section and knew only one foul was legit

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on January 26, 2018, 08:04:26 am
Rogers is a good coach, brought MVE to the conversation when talking top 10 in 1A boys basketball, the new superintendent and him just did not mesh.
Yeah that new boy is winning some games with Rodgers players be curious to see where it's at in 3-4 years

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Rallyround on January 26, 2018, 09:57:36 am
MVE kids playing together since 2ND grade are lifelong friends, know each other well and KNOW no one was recruited to the other side in spite of those rumors...MVE would've won 83% of their games last year if tipton was allowed to score instead of pass to please homegrowners though. Team was even totally embarrassed by their student section and knew only one foul was legit
83% great number

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on January 26, 2018, 09:59:54 am
Yeah that new boy is winning some games with Rodgers players be curious to see where it's at in 3-4 years
Yeah he's a good coach for sure, but how are they Rodgers players? They just go to school at MVE. And also I know for a fact None of the players liked Rodgers.

Backboard Shattered

I thought Rodgers coaches them all until this year since 2nd grade?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 26, 2018, 10:05:19 am
Yeah he's a good coach for sure, but how are they Rodgers players? They just go to school at MVE. And also I know for a fact None of the players liked Rodgers.
they were always under the wing of Tipton and now they can show their ability, I remember watching them a year ago or so and Tipton always tried to steal the show and it hurt them bad. Now they can play their own game without Tipton getting mad at coach for making him pass it

Backboard Shattered

Might have been better if they were low

riccoar

Quote from: Rallyround on January 26, 2018, 09:57:36 am
Riiiiiiight.  And I bet when Tipton graduates, his parents will have their mail forwarded back to MVE.  I wonder if the Ballard's ever built their new house in Guy?

Flobbito

Quote from: SackAttack on January 26, 2018, 09:59:54 am

MVE boys have decent talent through ninth grade this year, it falls off quite a bit after that and it will be tough for anyone to win with them. Maybe its the cynic in me but I think that they will probably cycle through boys coaches every few years for a while Rodgers had intended to stay put, don't know now.

Rallyround

January 26, 2018, 10:53:09 am #168 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:03:14 am by Rallyround
Rodgers only coached them for 4 seasons. Tiptons house is looking complete and not in Mt. Vernon

Rallyround

January 26, 2018, 10:55:14 am #169 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:48:26 pm by Rallyround
2 years ago every game that was won was Bc Tipton drove it all the way to the hoop. The TEAM played great together! Tournaments should have some great games if all these players in 1A are playing their BEST

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Rallyround on January 26, 2018, 10:55:14 am
2 years ago every game that was won was Bc Tipton drove it all the way to the hoop
Whatever no one else done anything and this team without Tipton beat Guy last night with Tipton!  Get outta here he is over rated

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on January 26, 2018, 10:30:12 am
Riiiiiiight.  And I bet when Tipton graduates, his parents will have their mail forwarded back to MVE.  I wonder if the Ballard's ever built their new house in Guy?
Seems like that's the way everyone is now. After the 9th grade the talent falls off a little. Besides GFWS. I don't know what grade those boys are in though.

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 26, 2018, 11:11:15 am
Seems like that's the way everyone is now. After the 9th grade the talent falls off a little. Besides GFWS. I don't know what grade those boys are in though.
I've seen them play, by attending several Sr. High games this year.  They will be a force once they all get to High School.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 26, 2018, 10:05:19 am
I can certainly see where you would come up with that logic! Rodgers players that he coached and developed through pee wee junior high and senior high aren't really good because of his knowledge and effort! Hutchcrafts players aren't his players because he's only coached most of em for a semester and a half! Yep sounds good to me!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on January 26, 2018, 12:05:09 pm
I can certainly see where you would come up with that logic! Rodgers players that he coached and developed through pee wee junior high and senior high aren't really good because of his knowledge and effort! Hutchcrafts players aren't his players because he's only coached most of em for a semester and a half! Yep sounds good to me!
So you applaud Rodgers then you dis him?.. not following.

HorseFeathers

It's weird how everyone on here says they hate hutchcraft, how he's overrated....but hutchcraft and guy is all they wanna talk about...

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 26, 2018, 01:20:06 pm
It's weird how everyone on here says they hate hutchcraft, how he's overrated....but hutchcraft and guy is all they wanna talk about...
I don't hate the guy.  Clearly, he is not over rated.  I think he knows how to coach.  The issue is his consistency.  The consistency to have ringers looking for a place to play basketball.  Year after year.

Backboard Shattered

Hutch is a good dude I once played over there in the mid 80s in a pick me up game.  He was nice

thebigman3

Thank you.

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on January 26, 2018, 02:21:41 pm
I don't hate the guy.  Clearly, he is not over rated.  I think he knows how to coach.  The issue is his consistency.  The consistency to have ringers looking for a place to play basketball.  Year after year.
wasnt the issue a minute ago...

SackAttack

I was commenting on your logic of how MV players weren't Rodgers even though he coached them for 7-8 years and how Hutch's players were Hutch's players even though he's had them for a semester! Read that really really slow!!!!! It's your logic not mine bruh!

Rallyround

Not sure what math you're using to get that Rodger's coached the kids playing now for 7-8 years. He was the high school coach

Flobbito

Quote from: Rallyround on January 27, 2018, 08:01:18 pm
Not sure what math you're using to get that Rodger's coached the kids playing now for 7-8 years. He was the high school coach

He coached 7th-12th grade, just like the current coach, also had basketball camps over during summer breaks for MVE boys 3rd-12th.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Flobbito on January 27, 2018, 09:55:53 pm
He coached 7th-12th grade, just like the current coach, also had basketball camps over during summer breaks for MVE boys 3rd-12th.
Kapow that's methametrics at its finest good pist

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas