• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference 2018

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, January 04, 2018, 08:49:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChokeNPoke

Riverside 8
Rivercrest 4

Final

NEA Razorback olfan

TruthHurts

Pokey 7
Melbourne 5 Final
Dawson Chester started and looked good. He is a refined 9th grader with a bright future. Wayman finished it for Pokey
Reynolds started for Melbourne. He got into trouble and Andrew Pitts came in for Melbourne in the 2nd inning. 10k's in 4.1 innings of work. Chester/Wayman/Pitts all are quality pitchers.

NEA Razorback olfan

TheSpecial

Manila averaging almost 16 runs a game, put up 19 against a stout Nettleton team. They're looking to make a run this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

March 10, 2018, 05:13:33 pm #55 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:32:26 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: TheSpecial on March 10, 2018, 04:33:18 pm
Manila averaging almost 16 runs a game, put up 19 against a stout Nettleton team. They're looking to make a run this year.

Brookland 3-4-1 (1-0)  will have to bring their A game!!
Manila 3-0 has a very talented team that can can really put up huge innings.
Not sure who we will put on the bump, but I would guess that Manila will start Jorganson. We just dropped two last night to Hernando and Marion.
The Bearcats could start , Algee, Taylor, Guffey, Jones, or Glenn on the bump.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: TheSpecial on March 10, 2018, 04:33:18 pm
Don't they always

NEA Razorback olfan

March 11, 2018, 10:05:01 pm #57 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:54:50 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Well Brookland has a few games in, and I really like the potential this team has.
We have played well at times and not so well at times, as our record indicates.
We have 2 tough games this week , at Manila 3-0 and Pochahontas 5-0
I believe these should be really good games.
Really like our Frosh Tyler Privett , nice lefty with 2 doubles and a triple so far.
Looked really good on the bump the other night along with Frosh E. Richmond

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 8
Manila 4
F
Landon Jones HR
Ben Robison HR
Brandon Glenn 6inn 7k's

TruthHurts

Almost to the halfway point. As we go into spring break it looks like Piggot is separating itself at least from  its 3A counterparts. I'm looking forward to the  Highland/Pokey game it is  going to have alot riding on it and its always a good rival game. Piggot/Pokey/Highland/Manila/Walnut Ridge are looking to be the top 5 in order. Hoxie is going to be the cellar dwellar and Melbourne may have a slight edge over Cave City which most likey will be the bridesmaid for second worst. I've got to watch some good players so far. Chester/Manning/Carter are great Freshman. Pitts is the best junior ive seen. Trivett and Silberstein are good seniors. Speaking of the bearded wonder Silberstein, I thought Corning would be a little better than their reflects right now, but they have plenty of time to heat up.

NEA Razorback olfan

GosnellBall

Gosnell finally wins a game!!!! 0-7 over Harrisburg
Roberts threw a no hitter, it was great. Hopefully this will give the team some confidence

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: GosnellBall on March 15, 2018, 08:40:34 pm
Gosnell finally wins a game!!!! 0-7 over Harrisburg
Roberts threw a no hitter, it was great. Hopefully this will give the team some confidence

Congratulations to Roberts and Gosnell on the W!!!  Great pitching!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

March 15, 2018, 09:29:44 pm #65 Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:30:55 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 8
Pocahontas 5
F
This was a really good game , Pokey grabbed the lead in the bottom of the first 2-0 on a double by E white.
T Jones got Chester to pop up to 2b with 2 on 2 out bottom 2
Brookland answered with 3in the top of the 3rd and Pokey tied it on on foul ball and tag up from 3rd. Brookland plated 3 more runs in top of 4th for 6-3 lead.
Jones struck out the side in bottom 4th
Both teams scored 1 in the 5th and 7th to set the final 8-5
For Brookland T. Jones went 5inn, 5hits , 4 runs 3earned , 7K's
Chandler Taylor 2inn , 2hits, 1run, 3K's
Frosh Tyler Privett  2-4  with 2 doubles
Algee 2-4
Robison 2-3

Chester 2-4 with 1 double , reached 2b  on single and error, good looking player, first time I got to see him this year.
E White 1-4 double

TruthHurts

NEA Razorback olfan

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Waymon tore his UCL in his his throwing arm and will have to have Tommy John. This is straight from him too

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on March 16, 2018, 05:13:01 pm
Waymon tore his UCL in his his throwing arm and will have to have Tommy John. This is straight from him too

Hate to hear this , he is a very talented player!!
Prayers for this young man!!

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The fortunate/unfortunate part is that he's a junior. Hopefully he'll be able to pitch or at least play next year

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on March 16, 2018, 06:39:07 pm
The fortunate/unfortunate part is that he's a junior. Hopefully he'll be able to pitch or at least play next year

I'm sure he will be back and have a great Sr year !!!

TruthHurts

Hate to hear that about Wayman. Wish him a speedy recovery!

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfanAssistant CoachPosts: 4,951Karma: +121/-185Gender: Brookland Bearcats 

Re: 2018 Season Score Thread

« Reply #42 on: Today at 07:28:26 pm »

QuoteModify

Brookland 6-4-1 (3-0) over Trumann today 17-3 
T. Winkles 5 inn 2 hits , 6K's
T. Guffey 2-2 3runs
T Harrell 2-2 2runs

dirtbagbaseball

Who has the leg up in this league right now?  Haven't seen Highland, Brookland, or Pocahontas play yet this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

In conference per Max preps
Brookland 4-1  play at Harrisburg 4/12
Highland 7-2
Pokey 7-3
Gosnell 2-1
Westside 2-2 play Harrisburg tonight
Harrisburg 1-4
Cave City 1-7
Trumann 0-4

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

All of these 3A/4A/5A combined "conferences" have me confused as to what is a conference game and what isn't

RedWolf275

That is very understandable Scout. Can't wait until next year when once again, a conference will be a conference.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Not even the players know who counts as conference. I can see grouping teams together in regions, but that's why there's region numbers and namea

GosnellBall

Gosnell beat Manila tonight 11-0. It was a great game hntil the 5th inning. Manila changed pitchers and they struggles the rest of the night.
Roberts was in the mound for Gosnell. He threw a complete game and only threw 80 pitches and gave up 2 hits. He was on point tonight!!

birddawg1986

Quote from: GosnellBall on April 10, 2018, 09:32:26 pm
Gosnell beat Manila tonight 11-0. It was a great game hntil the 5th inning. Manila changed pitchers and they struggles the rest of the night.
Roberts was in the mound for Gosnell. He threw a complete game and only threw 80 pitches and gave up 2 hits. He was on point tonight!!
WOW... That was upset. Manila had been rolling thru folks and that like win # 4 or 5 for Gosnell. Big win for the pirates.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: GosnellBall on April 10, 2018, 09:32:26 pm

Roberts is tough,  if he gets run support they  can beat anyone In conference with him on the bump.

NEA Razorback olfan

April 12, 2018, 06:54:34 pm #82 Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:46:56 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 13
Harrisburg 4
F

Privett 4hits 3rbi
Winkles 2hits 3rbi
Jones CG 3hits, 8k's

Sports1511

GosnellBall

Gosnell 23
Truman 6

This was tough to watch. This must be a young team.

birddawg1986

No that's Waymire not wanting kids to play baseball and compete in track

GosnellBall

The kids at Gosnell arr also made to choose one or thr other bc of conflicting schedules. It is hard to do both since there are many dates that there are track meets and baseball game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas