• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 4-3a

Started by Greenie, January 03, 2018, 03:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenie

Thoughts or predictions?? 

beach bum

January 03, 2018, 04:33:30 pm #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:37:58 pm by beach bum
I'll try my best to take a crack at it....  This conference will have quite the nice top 4 teams in it with a drop off after that for sure. I do not know as much about Glen Rose as the other top contenders so hopefully one of their posters can fill us in better where they may fit in this. Expect some good games in this conference for the fans of the top 4 teams and especially I think that 2 through 4 seed area could be tightly contested with one of them maybe with a shot to upset Mayflower along the way. Those 3 teams I listed 2-4 certainly have enough quality to upset Mayflower.

1. Mayflower- so much speed

2.Glen Rose- always bring it on both sides of the ball

3.Atkins- Very steady program the last couple years and expect them around the top 10 in 3A again

4.Danville- They were young and talented last year. If they would have stayed 2A they would have caused damage

5. Perryville- Good coach and they run that double wing very efficiently to counter their lack of speed as a team

6. Jessieville - could be off base here, but I see them outside the playoffs. I could see them moving up possibly from 6

7.Arkansas Baptist - if they stay 3A a while, maybe eventually they do something, just not yet

8.Two Rivers- Will the end the losing streak this coming fall? We will see

eagles04

I agree with most of the list except i would probably take Danville over Atkins

beach bum

Quote from: eagles04 on January 04, 2018, 07:28:17 pm
I agree with most of the list except i would probably take Danville over Atkins

I definitely think Danville is the wild card out of the conference. We will see a lot of improvement from them.... Just how much will be the answer. With the right matchups come playoff time I think we may see this conference pull a 4-1 record in round 1 with the quality of the top 4 teams.

Greenie

Quote from: beach bum on January 04, 2018, 07:36:22 pm
I definitely think Danville is the wild card out of the conference. We will see a lot of improvement from them.... Just how much will be the answer. With the right matchups come playoff time I think we may see this conference pull a 4-1 record in round 1 with the quality of the top 4 teams.
Danville has a rigorous off-season so they will be prepared for 3-A, it's a slight shock that Danville won't be playing Charleston, Lamer, Paris, etc. but adapt and conquer. it'll be fun for sure!   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas