• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PBR Questions

Started by PBR_GUYS, December 12, 2017, 07:15:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PBR_GUYS

This thread is designed to answer questions, and be transparent with logic and evaluations made by PBR staff, shoot over any questions, on any topic.... What we do is subjective and we work really hard to see everyone, and help as many kids, if we can provide information to help with the recruiting process. Also love to talk about different teams and players.

Also feel free to suggest players that we may not know about;

Chin Music

Thanks for posting.  It seems there are more AR high school kids committing early and to big schools.  Is that a trend in the college baseball world or is AR baseball improving its stock regionally?  I just don't remember this many kids being committed this early in the past.

T-Bone

Quote from: Chin Music on December 12, 2017, 10:02:57 pm
Thanks for posting.  It seems there are more AR high school kids committing early and to big schools.  Is that a trend in the college baseball world or is AR baseball improving its stock regionally?  I just don't remember this many kids being committed this early in the past.

Any school is great for a player to play and finish with a degree but one thing so many seem to overlook is when you commit to a school and they start with 50 to 60 possible players, there will not be that large number when cut day comes.  Some schools are known for this but there is nothing wrong at all with it as long as the player knows what he is doing and willing to compete for a spot on the active roster.  Athletic ability, with some good luck, rises to the top in the end.  I hate to see players have to leave and possibly go to a different program but competition is great to build a team.

PBR_GUYS

Overall I think the talent pool is getting better, with nearly 3 million people in the state population, the number of Power 5 conference players are going to improve as where we were 10 years ago. Also there has been some benefits from the advancement of travel baseball, some negatives as well but that is a different topic.

Not to blow the PBR horn but the amount of information on players is greater, Video is key, Volunteer assistants are now a key part in gathering data on all players, especially at bigger schools. So having video and profiles on PBR, PG helps coaches make a decision much faster, than actually having to schedule out time for travel on the recruiting trail.

Recruiting has begun earlier, so the very physical mature player as a freshman jumps off the board quickly. Cautionary tales here as at times that works against players/colleges as the player may not develop as projected and the college may have to cut ties; On the players side baseball is not basketball and football with being recruited while committed; so the options for players that commit early and have an offer pulled late, will be NJCAA, or a mid-major. Best case scenario is to be picked up by a Power 5 school that gets beat in the MLB draft but that would be as late July before school starts in August,

No one likes the trend as far as scouts/college coaches, until the NCAA makes a rule change it will continue;

T-Bone

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 13, 2017, 09:09:49 am
Overall I think the talent pool is getting better, with nearly 3 million people in the state population, the number of Power 5 conference players are going to improve as where we were 10 years ago. Also there has been some benefits from the advancement of travel baseball, some negatives as well but that is a different topic.

Not to blow the PBR horn but the amount of information on players is greater, Video is key, Volunteer assistants are now a key part in gathering data on all players, especially at bigger schools. So having video and profiles on PBR, PG helps coaches make a decision much faster, than actually having to schedule out time for travel on the recruiting trail.

Recruiting has begun earlier, so the very physical mature player as a freshman jumps off the board quickly. Cautionary tales here as at times that works against players/colleges as the player may not develop as projected and the college may have to cut ties; On the players side baseball is not basketball and football with being recruited while committed; so the options for players that commit early and have an offer pulled late, will be NJCAA, or a mid-major. Best case scenario is to be picked up by a Power 5 school that gets beat in the MLB draft but that would be as late July before school starts in August,

No one likes the trend as far as scouts/college coaches, until the NCAA makes a rule change it will continue;

No doubt PBR as well as others help the recruiting process.  The easier it is on the coaches to find the players, the easier and quicker it is for the coaches to decide what they would like to do.  With word of mouth, social networks, as well as the more mature players earlier in age (Due to travel ball competition as well as more ability to find advanced one on ones for the players.) coaches should be able to broaden their reach for players and have a far better selection than many years back.

I believe PBR is one of the best out there to help a player get seen quicker.

BW2281

I think a lot better presence of PBR in Arkansas and travel baseball has boosted baseball  to a all time high.  And I think this trend will only grow from here.  Travel ball offers almost year round play and teaching.  Facilities are getting better and offering more and more to kids at younger and younger ages.

We will greatly miss Coach Bottoms at PBR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas