• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top guys in the state

Started by RabidWolf, December 10, 2017, 06:47:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Outside of the guus everyone talks about (Hill, Beasley, Wallace, etc)  Who are some of the best players around the state that will be impact players?

T-Bone

Quote from: RabidWolf on December 10, 2017, 06:47:00 pm
Outside of the guus everyone talks about (Hill, Beasley, Wallace, etc)  Who are some of the best players around the state that will be impact players?

I honestly mean no disrespect but who are Hill, Beasley and Wallace and what conference?

NEA Razorback olfan

2018 Wade Beasley Horatio RHP -Arkansas
2018 Jaden Hill Ashdown RHP- LSU
2018  Kaleb Hill Watson Chapel-  Mississippi
2020. Cayden Wallace  Greenbrier - Arkansas

Maybe these

T-Bone

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 08:35:16 pm

Maybe these

I do know Kaleb Hill.  He is a good kid and player.

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 08:35:16 pm

Maybe these

J. Hill is a very talented. I hope the injury he suffered during football season does not affect his future in baseball. If healthy, I would expect him to pass on his commitment to LSU and enter into the MLB Draft.
I also saw the Beasley kid last year as well. I only got to see him pitch an inning or two before playing some 3rd base in the next game. He has a lively arm and could swing the bat a little as well.
I have not gotten the opportunity to watch K. Hill but I would like to this season. I've heard great things about him as well.
As far as the young kid from Greenbrier, I don't know very much about him but I'm not doubting his ability. On a side note, is it just me or does it seem like Greenbrier gets a top tier player every year? Very quality program they have over there.

The Green Arrow

As far as Northeast Arkansas goes, PJ Hilson will have the region locked down as its best player. Signed to play with Alabama as an OF but wouldn't surprise me if he forgoes that and heads straight to playing ball for $$$. Thats not any inside info on his personal preference or anything, just a nod to how good this kid actually is and can be. For a smaller guy, he has tremendous power at the plate and outstanding arm strength. I believe he was hitting 94 on the mound this summer and something like 97 from RF. He's got sprinter speed to go along with the power. Kid is a real player that not many people around the state know about for some reason.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 11, 2017, 12:10:06 pm #6 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:55:12 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: The Green Arrow on December 11, 2017, 11:43:27 am
As far as Northeast Arkansas goes, PJ Hilson will have the region locked down as its best player. Signed to play with Alabama as an OF but wouldn't surprise me if he forgoes that and heads straight to playing ball for $$$. Thats not any inside info on his personal preference or anything, just a nod to how good this kid actually is and can be. For a smaller guy, he has tremendous power at the plate and outstanding arm strength. I believe he was hitting 94 on the mound this summer and something like 97 from RF. He's got sprinter speed to go along with the power. Kid is a real player that not many people around the state know about for some reason.

PJ is an outstanding player and young man!!

Zane Ryan Neves , hope I spelled that correctly,  is very good also, believe he has offer from Arkansas State

Others that have signed from NEA

Andy Roberts - Gosnell -LHP  Crowder CC
Cameron Poston LHP/Outfielder Jonesboro- southern Arkansas
Trevor Jones RHP - Brookland - Arkansas Baptist
Tyler Walls LHP - Valley View- Williams Baptist
Brett Harris RHP -Armorel - John A Logan
Brandon Glenn LHP  Brookland has offers from Williams Baptist and Three Rivers CC

T-Bone

Quote from: The Green Arrow on December 11, 2017, 11:43:27 am

PJ is a great kid with a lot of speed and pop at the bat.  He can pitch well too but I feel his best will be playing the field and hitting.  Both his brothers are speedsters and his mother was as well. Great kid and great family.  I am happy for him playing with Alabama or skipping and going the next level if possible.   Very polite and fun to be around.  I am hoping this year PJ and ZRN go at it again in high school ball.  It was good last year and expect another good match this year if they meet.  They go to different schools but are good friends and even hit together at times.  I am ready to see some good ball but sure hate cold baseball.

Chin Music

The first 2018 drafted from the State of AR will be Jaden Hill (Ashdown).  He hit 95 at a PG event this summer and played in the Under Armor All American Game at Wrigley Field.  Scouts loves his size and physical ability.  He is not a polished pitcher yet.  Potential is the key word for him.

Kaleb Hill (2018 Watson Chapel) is more polished.  He will also get drafted but word is he really wants to go to Ole Miss.

PJ Hilson (2018 Nettleton) blew up late this summer.  He missed most of his junior year with an injury and did not get a lot of exposure with his summer team.  I agree that he likely signs in the draft as well.

Blake Adams (2019 Har-Ber) is one of the top RHP nationally and will get a lot of attention this summer.

Cayden Wallace (2020 Greenbrier) is one of the top hitters in the country and worth the price of admission.

There are numerous AR high school players committed to P5 schools.  For those interested, PBR is doing a top 30 Prospects list during the month of December.  There are/will be some good names on there from all regions of the state and all grade levels.

TruthHurts

PBR_GUYS

We are doing a top 30 Prospects from 2017, the list is for who stood out over the last year. We have seen a lot of the state, if not all. Your group of names is very good, an educated group here.

Top Guys in 2018
1. Jaden Hill-Ashdown
2. Connor Noland- Greenwood
3. Kaleb Hill- Watson Chapel
4. Connor McCullough-Maumelle
5. Mille Pliemann-Fayetteville

Top Guys in 2019
1. Blake Adams- Har-ber
2. Cason Tollett- LR Christian
3. Zach Morris- Cabot
4. Peyton Holt- Greenwood
5. Zane Ryne Neves- Jonesboro

Top Guys in 2020
1. Cayden Wallace-Greenbrier
2. Tyler Cacciatorri-Sheridan
3. Clayton Gray- Cabot
4. Houston King-Cabot
5. Matthew Watson- Rogers

some of off the radar guys I like are Demias Jimmerson 2018 Malvern PJ Hilson 2018 Nettleton  2019 Josh Albatt Vilonia 2019 Landon McAllister Har-ber 2020 Nick Griffin Monticello 2020 Beau Stuckey Fayetteville 2020 OF Sam Fagan Valley View 2021 Cross Jumper Jonesboro, 2021 Braylen Bishop Ashown 2021 Cooper Oliphant Searcy

The 2018s are loaded Kam Mays-Hunt Wade Beasley etc it will be a busy spring for MLB scouts this spring

Quote from: Chin Music on December 12, 2017, 09:53:48 am
The first 2018 drafted from the State of AR will be Jaden Hill (Ashdown).  He hit 95 at a PG event this summer and played in the Under Armor All American Game at Wrigley Field.  Scouts loves his size and physical ability.  He is not a polished pitcher yet.  Potential is the key word for him.

Kaleb Hill (2018 Watson Chapel) is more polished.  He will also get drafted but word is he really wants to go to Ole Miss.

PJ Hilson (2018 Nettleton) blew up late this summer.  He missed most of his junior year with an injury and did not get a lot of exposure with his summer team.  I agree that he likely signs in the draft as well.

Blake Adams (2019 Har-Ber) is one of the top RHP nationally and will get a lot of attention this summer.

Cayden Wallace (2020 Greenbrier) is one of the top hitters in the country and worth the price of admission.

There are numerous AR high school players committed to P5 schools.  For those interested, PBR is doing a top 30 Prospects list during the month of December.  There are/will be some good names on there from all regions of the state and all grade levels.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Chin Music on December 12, 2017, 09:53:48 am

Thank you sir

Chin Music

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 12, 2017, 01:50:47 pm
We are doing a top 30 Prospects from 2017, the list is for who stood out over the last year. We have seen a lot of the state, if not all. Your group of names is very good, an educated group here.

Top Guys in 2018
1. Jaden Hill-Ashdown
2. Connor Noland- Greenwood
3. Kaleb Hill- Watson Chapel
4. Connor McCullough-Maumelle
5. Mille Pliemann-Fayetteville

Top Guys in 2019
1. Blake Adams- Har-ber
2. Cason Tollett- LR Christian
3. Zach Morris- Cabot
4. Peyton Holt- Greenwood
5. Zane Ryne Neves- Jonesboro

Top Guys in 2020
1. Cayden Wallace-Greenbrier
2. Tyler Cacciatorri-Sheridan
3. Clayton Gray- Cabot
4. Houston King-Cabot
5. Matthew Watson- Rogers

some of off the radar guys I like are Demias Jimmerson 2018 Malvern PJ Hilson 2018 Nettleton  2019 Josh Albatt Vilonia 2019 Landon McAllister Har-ber 2020 Nick Griffin Monticello 2020 Beau Stuckey Fayetteville 2020 OF Sam Fagan Valley View 2021 Cross Jumper Jonesboro, 2021 Braylen Bishop Ashown 2021 Cooper Oliphant Searcy

The 2018s are loaded Kam Mays-Hunt Wade Beasley etc it will be a busy spring for MLB scouts this spring

Great info.  Looks like a lot of promising 2021s entering high school as well.  Thanks

T-Bone

Quote from: Chin Music on December 12, 2017, 03:24:38 pm

Great info.  Looks like a lot of promising 2021s entering high school as well.  Thanks

2021 Cross Jumper Jonesboro is a very promising player.  Tall with a lot of ability.  Should help JHS a whole lot over his time with the Canes.  Great kid and talented.

TheSpecial

Rick Swines

December 13, 2017, 08:52:17 am #15 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:26:07 am by Rick Swines
Top players in NEA for 2021

Dawson Chester- Pokey
Cole Manning- Walnut Ridge
Will French- VV
Cross Jumper- JHS
Sawyer Bentley- JHS

Others from the state
Ledbetter Kid from Bryant
Aldridge from Sheridan
Greenbriar has a tall lefty that's good

PBR_GUYS

Great info on 2021s, I need to dig on Cole Manning, Cooper Eirie. I have seen Jumper, Bentley and heard lots of positive thoughts on French and Chester, Ledbetter and Alridge are the real deal,

Always fun to watch classes transform, as guys physically mature and show who really wants to work, I have had guys in every class move from 50+ to top 10, and when I look at notes when they were 50+ I agree, early reports look similar to 2018 class.

TruthHurts

Quote from: Rick Swines on December 13, 2017, 08:52:17 am

Dawson Chester- Pokey
Cooper Peiri- GCT
Will French- VV
Cross Jumper- JHS
Sawyer Bentley- JHS

Agree with  Dawson Chester and Cole Manning.

Will throw in ...
Andrew Pitts  2019 - Melbourne
Ronnie Jeffrey 2018 Batesville

hhphc

Quote from: TruthHurts on December 13, 2017, 11:49:34 am
Quote from: Rick Swines on December 13, 2017, 08:52:17 am

Dawson Chester- Pokey
Cooper Peiri- GCT
Will French- VV
Cross Jumper- JHS
Sawyer Bentley- JHS

Agree with  Dawson Chester and Cole Manning.

Will throw in ...
Andrew Pitts  2019 - Melbourne
Ronnie Jeffrey 2018 Batesville

Watched Andrew Pitts pitch for Batesville this summer...big knee buckling curve, hot fastball, trememdous glove, great bat....   very impressive .  Hope to get to see him pitch again this summer

Chin Music

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 13, 2017, 11:42:59 am
Great info on 2021s, I need to dig on Cole Manning, Cooper Eirie. I have seen Jumper, Bentley and heard lots of positive thoughts on French and Chester, Ledbetter and Alridge are the real deal,

Always fun to watch classes transform, as guys physically mature and show who really wants to work, I have had guys in every class move from 50+ to top 10, and when I look at notes when they were 50+ I agree, early reports look similar to 2018 class.

Blake Adams and Cayden Wallace are young and have gotten a lot of respect nationally.  What are your thoughts on how those guys project at the next level?  Anybody else scouts love?

PBR_GUYS

Adams, and Wallace are super stars on the Nation scene both being Top 50 players, In 2019 nationally the stock of C Cason Tollett and LHP Zach Morris are on the rise. Morris was selected for the underclass area code games and Tollett has selected to the Perfect Game underclass games.

Locally in 2019 Pitchers, Zane Ryne Neves (Jonesboro) , Josh Albatt (Vilonia) , and Landon McAllister (Har-ber) are all names to know. Position players Peyton Holt( Greenwood) Brandon Ulmer (Booneville) John Austin Hoskyns (Stuttgart) Alex Cauley (NLR) Ethan Fowler (Catholic)

2020 is a deep group; Nationally so far it has been Wallace, and the others are secondary guys but they have 6 others committed in the SEC/Big12 and some promising players who are uncommitted Marcus Brown (Kentucky) Tyler Cacciotorri (Arkansas) Clayton Gray (Arkansas) Houston King (Kentucky) Luke Pectol (Kentucky) Matthew Watson (Oklahoma)

Blue Bayou

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 18, 2017, 10:27:34 am
Adams, and Wallace are super stars on the Nation scene both being Top 50 players, In 2019 nationally the stock of C Cason Tollett and LHP Zach Morris are on the rise. Morris was selected for the underclass area code games and Tollett has selected to the Perfect Game underclass games.

Locally in 2019 Pitchers, Zane Ryne Neves (Jonesboro) , Josh Albatt (Vilonia) , and Landon McAllister (Har-ber) are all names to know. Position players Peyton Holt( Greenwood) Brandon Ulmer (Booneville) John Austin Hoskyns (Stuttgart) Alex Cauley (NLR) Ethan Fowler (Catholic)

2020 is a deep group; Nationally so far it has been Wallace, and the others are secondary guys but they have 6 others committed in the SEC/Big12 and some promising players who are uncommitted Marcus Brown (Kentucky) Tyler Cacciotorri (Arkansas) Clayton Gray (Arkansas) Houston King (Kentucky) Luke Pectol (Kentucky) Matthew Watson (Oklahoma)

2021 Braylon Bishop committed to Arkansas over the weekend.

Hawgpilot

Josh is a very good player.  Didn't pitch much last year but is expected to contribute much more this year.  Solid 3rd baseman too.  Overall great player and great kid.  Amazing story about his dad, was diagnosed with late stage cancer, thru prayer and alternative medicine, is in remission now.

Btw, thanks for the information on these players. 

dc24

He's getting a lot of football attention (and rightfully so), but Treylon Burks from Warren is an extremely good baseball player and has the potential to be one of the best in the state.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dc24 on December 23, 2017, 01:56:34 am
He's getting a lot of football attention (and rightfully so), but Treylon Burks from Warren is an extremely good baseball player and has the potential to be one of the best in the state.
After watching him play football and basketball, I'm not surprised.

STUNNA

Quote from: dc24 on December 23, 2017, 01:56:34 am
Best athlete in the state. Once in a generation athlete

TheHeadBallCoach

KOJACK

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to Jonesboro's Zane Ryne Neves ,  Arkansas commit !!!
Just seen it on local news

T-Bone

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 21, 2018, 05:41:32 pm
Congrats to Jonesboro's Zane Ryne Neves ,  Arkansas commit !!!
Just seen it on local news

Lots of competition but a great program and great university.  He will compete for playing time and help his UofA future team at some point.  Now he can just work hard and help his JHS team the best he can. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on January 21, 2018, 06:00:48 pm
Lots of competition but a great program and great university.  He will compete for playing time and help his UofA future team at some point.  Now he can just work hard and help his JHS team the best he can.

I'm sure he will do great at Arkansas!!!
Jonesboro is loaded with exceptional talent, they should have a great year!!
Best of luck to the canes this year, except when they play Brookland 2/26 in PBR event lol!! :D

T-Bone

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 21, 2018, 06:25:10 pm
I'm sure he will do great at Arkansas!!!
Jonesboro is loaded with exceptional talent, they should have a great year!!
Best of luck to the canes this year, except when they play Brookland 2/26 in PBR event lol!! :D

8)

southarkdaddy

At the 2A level TJ Bale from Parkers Chapel is very good. 

Chief_Osceola™

Great insight.  I have a feeling there will be a few more show up on the radar by season's end.  BTW, who is gonna be taking over the scouting director spot at PBR?

T-Bone

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 22, 2018, 02:16:25 pm
Great insight.  I have a feeling there will be a few more show up on the radar by season's end.  BTW, who is gonna be taking over the scouting director spot at PBR?

There always are each year.  I also wonder who will do the PBR scouting.  That is a very good question.

Pantherdaddy

3 Dollar

What about this kid from 1A?  I believe his name is Wilson? Wilkins? or maybe Williams? And I know he plays for a 1A school in North Arkansas.  I believe from either Viola or Calico Rock?

T-Bone

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on January 22, 2018, 10:06:01 pm
What happened to Bottoms?

He left PBR and I believe his last day was Sunday or Monday.  The only thing I hear is he was getting pressed by people.  Much like a coach, you just can't please them all.  But again I am only repeating what I heard.  But I do believe that was a part of it.

Chin Music

Zac Bottoms attended 5-7 high school baseball games a week all over the State.  He covered AR high school baseball like nobody I can remember.  I wish Zac the best in whatever he does next.

I have heard that the next PBR scout for AR will be Dave Jorn.....yes that Dave Jorn.  I can't confirm if that is true or not but it is an interesting choice.  He brings a reputable background and experience.

Chin Music

Quote from: T-Bone on January 23, 2018, 08:40:54 am
He left PBR and I believe his last day was Sunday or Monday.  The only thing I hear is he was getting pressed by people.  Much like a coach, you just can't please them all.  But again I am only repeating what I heard.  But I do believe that was a part of it.

It is a very sad situation from what I hear.  Zac was good for AR high school baseball.

T-Bone

Quote from: Chin Music on January 23, 2018, 08:49:02 am
It is a very sad situation from what I hear.  Zac was good for AR high school baseball.

I did not know much about him but do hear good things.  For whatever reason I too wish him the best moving forward.

sprained ankle

RabidWolf

Nashville got the stud shortstop from DeKalb TX, I hear. Solid arm and also was DeKalb's QB. huge addition in scrapperland.

Baseballman

Quote from: TheSpecial on December 12, 2017, 09:06:58 pm
+1 and Johnson. Both great players.

+ 1 more Junior Aaron Hogue great player.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 23, 2018, 08:39:23 am
What about this kid from 1A?  I believe his name is Wilson? Wilkins? or maybe Williams? And I know he plays for a 1A school in North Arkansas.  I believe from either Viola or Calico Rock?

Will Wilson probably.  Pretty good LHP.  He'll play college ball somewhere if he stays healthy.  I know a couple years ago he had an arm issue, but I think he's back to 100%.  He could stand to put on some weight, but when he has his good stuff he's pretty filthy.

12345 baseball

Richardson from Woodlawn. Kid can swing it , and effective on the mound as well.

TheSpecial

Cason Tollet, one of the best bats in the state

BW2281

February 23, 2018, 09:01:38 am #47 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:38:25 am by BW2281
Quote from: Chin Music on January 23, 2018, 08:49:02 am

Hes with perfect timing in NWA.

Bruin501

Evan Hiatt (sp?), big LHP from Catholic, is very good. Has 3 plus pitches that he can compete in the zone w/.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas