• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida @ CHG

Started by NWA Hawg, November 24, 2017, 09:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

NWA Hawg

I think Mount Ida showed a weakness tonight in pass defense.

CHG 34
Mount Ida 28

Hawgpilot

I agree and the offense can be stopped.  CHG wins this one.

The Beast Of 08

Ida keeps it close...for about a half
CHG 48
MI 21

whoknows

beach bum

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 24, 2017, 09:59:05 pm
Ida keeps it close...for about a half
CHG 48
MI 21

Have they ever given up even over 30 points in a game with this group?? ..... Good luck with that prediction,

HG Hornet

CHG got revenge this year on Hampton and Rison and Mt. Ida will be the third.  Hornets will win at home in a close game.

monster_island

MI will have to play better next to win. That being said, I have to say that Conway Christian is a very good team.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: monster_island on November 24, 2017, 10:40:45 pm
MI will have to play better next to win. That being said, I have to say that Conway Christian is a very good team.

MI is a solid team but I must say after tonight, the hype didn't match the play.  They are well coached and have speed.  After all the talk on the boards, CC wounldnt stand a chance and the mighty MI but I think tonight's game showed otherwise.

One thing to note, I believe CC is the smallest school in 2A, if it isn't, I know it was last year.  This school is going to only get better with a large pool of both financial and personnel resources in Conway.

Should be a good one between CHG and MI.

Ghostof64

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 24, 2017, 10:47:04 pm
MI is a solid team but I must say after tonight, the hype didn't match the play.  They are well coached and have speed.  After all the talk on the boards, CC wounldnt stand a chance and the mighty MI but I think tonight's game showed otherwise.

One thing to note, I believe CC is the smallest school in 2A, if it isn't, I know it was last year.  This school is going to only get better with a large pool of both financial and personnel resources in Conway.

Ida is a 1A school just plays football.

Hawgpilot

November 24, 2017, 10:54:08 pm #10 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:59:36 pm by Hawgpilot
Quote from: Ghostof64 on November 24, 2017, 10:52:11 pm
Ida is a 1A school just plays football.

So they don't play baseball/basketball in 2A?

NWA Hawg

FilmCrew

Hype? I'm not sure I would say that it was or wasn't true... Conway Christian went home with a loss. Foreman is still playing and lost rather big to Mount Ida... So??? You are in the 3rd round of the state finals, what do you expect?  Matchups make games. It just happened that your strength was one of Mount Ida's weaknesses. Both years that Mount Ida has won the state title they have had a game or two where it was very close. Champions over come and move on to live another day.

Great win!!! I will take it every day!! 30 point win or 6 point win... They all count for the W.

Oh, and yes, we are a 1A school without a large pool of financial or personnel resources..Just a small town where football means something. I wouldn't have it any other way. We don't have a large school down the street to recruit from. We don't have any kids on our team married to skirt the AAA rules. Our Parents aren't hired so the kids can come play for the school.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 24, 2017, 11:14:26 pm

Hype? I'm not sure I would say that it was or wasn't true... Conway Christian went home with a loss. Foreman is still playing and lost rather big to Mount Ida... So??? You are in the 3rd round of the state finals, what do you expect?  Matchups make games. It just happened that your strength was one of Mount Ida's weaknesses. Both years that Mount Ida has won the state title they have had a game or two where it was very close. Champions over come and move on to live another day.

Great win!!! I will take it every day!! 30 point win or 6 point win... They all count for the W.

Oh, and yes, we are a 1A school without a large pool of financial or personnel resources..Just a small town where football means something. I wouldn't have it any other way. We don't have a large school down the street to recruit from. We don't have any kids on our team married to skirt the AAA rules. Our Parents aren't hired so the kids can come play for the school.

Great thing about message boards is the ability to state one's opinion.  I stated mine and don't recall asking anyone to agree.  I also said MI was a good team and wished them well against CHG.

As far as the other ramblings about "recruiting or marriage", I have no idea who that was targeted for but I'm guessing you do.

FilmCrew

I never said that I agreed or disagreed with your opinion. Still haven't...I gave my opinion.. I also said this was going to be a great game.. and in my opinion it was.

And thank you for taking note of my ramblings...

Good luck in Basketball... Safe Travels.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 24, 2017, 09:54:33 pm
I agree and the offense can be stopped.  CHG wins this one.

Has someone stopped it this year?

HG Hornet

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 25, 2017, 03:28:57 am
Has someone stopped it this year?
Smackover held us to 6 and Glen Rose held us to 7, but otherwise we've scored at least 20.  The Hornets are a second half team......3rd quarter is when we usually start wearing down the opponent and pull away. 

HorseFeathers

Ever stopped to think that Conway Christian might have been vastly underrated?

I've never understood the train of thought shown in this post....We played them close or beat them so the OTHER TEAM is obviously not that good. You detract from both teams when you do this...

FilmCrew

Jessieville stopped us in a game where we scored 28, but they only scored 6... Conway Christian stopped us in a game where we only scored 35 but we held them to 28.

Foreman another semi finalist team held us to 35 but they only scored 7....

I don't know if this is going to be an offense struggle or a defensive struggle. Against a high powered offense like Conway Christian that was averaging 42 points per game Mount Ida held them to 28. Obviously pass coverage is not our strongest attribute but we did manage to pull out a win with several sacks and 2 interceptions again against a passing juggernaut like Conway Christian.

CHG is a very well coached team and I have a lot of respect for their program. At this point in the season every team deserves to be here.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 09:26:28 am

I've never understood the train of thought shown in this post....We played them close or beat them so the OTHER TEAM is obviously not that good. You detract from both teams when you do this...
I agree

Old Scrapper

Either one of these teams are well deserving of any hype given!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 25, 2017, 10:01:27 am
Either one of these teams are well deserving of any hype given!

I agree....Conway Christian was the best team that the 2A-5 had to offer...I told people that even after Hector beat them, and if the game would have been in Conway, I would have went there instead of to Danville. Thought they had a chance just based on on their QB play..

Hawgpilot

Hey, that's a fair point.  I can give and take. Thanks for the perspective.

doctor in the house

+1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 25, 2017, 12:45:54 pm
Hey, that's a fair point.  I can give and take. Thanks for the perspective.

This wasn't just at you....it's for everyone... You just happened to be the one that I decided to quote....

A guy from Osceola on the 3a board spent the day bashing on Prescott and Charleston after they beat them... junction City posters used to have a bad habit of it too.

bearbacker52

mt ida it was a good run, but get ready to be stung multiple times.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 25, 2017, 04:39:55 pm
mt ida it was a good run, but get ready to be stung multiple times.

One things for sure if and or when they get stung they will just "rub some dirt on it" and keep playing. Should be a great game!!! CHG is a well balanced team that we know will be ready as will Mount Ida.

davecw

I can't wait to watch this game! I think it is going to be small high school football at its finest! I have heard that Mt. Ida barely lost anyone from last year's state champion team that beat CHG but CHG is a different team this year. Out of my many years of watching and playing football at CHG, I have never seen a CHG team with so many weapons, along with incredible speed. This should be a great matchup but I think CHG is hungry for redemption so I am picking the Grove by 14.

lionsdad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 10:04:36 am
I agree....Conway Christian was the best team that the 2A-5 had to offer...I told people that even after Hector beat them, and if the game would have been in Conway, I would have went there instead of to Danville. Thought they had a chance just based on on their QB play..
CC QB is a "stud", but those receivers made some incredible plays. There were some intermediate passes where they ran free, but the long completions almost all were plays made by the receivers.  I mean crazy athletic catches. The coverage was there. Sometimes 2 or 3 defenders were in position, just inches shy of making a play. They had a big physical line. Really really good team.

The Beast Of 08

Gotta be balanced on defense to stop Grove's offense. You'll see 6 or 7 different guys get carries. They run it inside, outside, and can sling it a little too. Speed at every skill position with depth behind them. Defensively they are stingy. Not going to shut a great offense down but creates turnovers with the best of them (which IMO is bigger than shutting an offense down). It'll be a good game...and I get that Ida returned everybody from last years team, but this Grove team is a different animal from what Ida saw a year ago.

ISU7

Eslim03

If Ida imposes there will nothing CHG can do don't care how athletic you Camden guys think your team is. When Ida does what they do it's hard to stop ask Hampton and I've seen it first hand. Although if you can make them punt , then score it will sway to the athletic team.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 09:11:24 pm
If Ida imposes there will nothing CHG can do don't care how athletic you Camden guys think your team is. When Ida does what they do it's hard to stop ask Hampton and I've seen it first hand. Although if you can make them punt , then score it will sway to the athletic team.
Sounds about right! We get told this week in and week out. Hazen said the same thing. All we can do is wait and see.

Eslim03

I will promise and everyone in here which includes you Ida ain't Hazen so don't make that comparison. Geez!!!

Hgalum50

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 11:04:37 pm
I will promise and everyone in here which includes you Ida ain't Hazen so don't make that comparison. Geez!!!
Didn't compare them to Hazen! Said they said the same crape. Of course I know there is no comparison.

Eslim03

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 25, 2017, 09:28:03 pm
Sounds about right! We get told this week in and week out. Hazen said the same thing. All we can do is wait and see.

To me you comments compare Ida to Hazen when you bring up Hazen in your comments. If you don't won't comparisons don't bring up Hazen.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 11:25:58 pm
To me you comments compare Ida to Hazen when you bring up Hazen in your comments. If you don't won't comparisons don't bring up Hazen.
So you are saying I can't bring up examples to make a point. Makes alot of sense to me.

razorcardsfan11

This is gonna be a great game! And it will probably be over pretty quick too the way both teams run the ball the clock will be rolling. I hope I'm wrong but I see mt. Ida squeaking by with a win. They were tested by Conway Christian and will come ready to play on Friday. Be sure to get there early if you want a seat because this game will be packed. It will probably be one of the largest crowds Harmony grove has ever seen. This game has been talked about for a long time and it's finally here! I can't believe I'm saying this but go hornets!

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 26, 2017, 04:36:48 am
This is gonna be a great game! And it will probably be over pretty quick too the way both teams run the ball the clock will be rolling. I hope I'm wrong but I see mt. Ida squeaking by with a win. They were tested by Conway Christian and will come ready to play on Friday. Be sure to get there early if you want a seat because this game will be packed. It will probably be one of the largest crowds Harmony grove has ever seen. This game has been talked about for a long time and it's finally here! I can't believe I'm saying this but go hornets!
#ClosetHornetFan

couch-coach06

I guess I havent been paying attention I thought the groove was a team who threw the ball alot ... If they wanna try too run it I'll take Mt ida by two touch downs ..... Foreman vs Ida rematch at the rock

Hgalum50

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 26, 2017, 08:46:33 am
I guess I havent been paying attention I thought the groove was a team who threw the ball alot ... If they wanna try too run it I'll take Mt ida by two touch downs ..... Foreman vs Ida rematch at the rock
No we aren't one dimensional. We pass pretty good to. We compliment it with the run really well! Thats why alot of people think we are mainly a running team.

Old Scrapper

November 26, 2017, 08:58:42 am #41 Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:33:52 am by Old Scrapper
CHG has speed and several play makers, their coach does a great job mixing up the plays to get everyone involved. Mt Ida will have to play very disciplined on defense but I don't see CHG pounding the ball inside, that jet sweep is killer tho, and the QB can make plays with his arm.

razorcardsfan11

November 26, 2017, 10:21:17 am #42 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:25:39 pm by razorcardsfan11
Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 26, 2017, 07:56:59 am
#ClosetHornetFan
I'm just Like seeing ouachita county teams doing good. My team got put out in the first round

SWAT11

CHG has had this one circled since the brackets were set. No doubt they want another shot at Ida. Both teams are very good!!  In my opinion these are the two best left. Ida will come to play no doubt.  But don't fool yourself. They have played fast kids. Jet sweeps. Pass. And no they haven't been stopped yet. The most points they have allowed was their season low. 28. So I'm going to keep it real and say again. Possibly 2 best left. Will be a dandy!! 

beach bum

Statement game.... Mount Ida 42 CHG 12

Coach95

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2017, 11:25:40 am
If mt. Ida wins it won't be by that much.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2017, 11:25:40 am
Dont see that happening at all.

ISU7

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 03:53:54 pm
This wasn't just at you....it's for everyone... You just happened to be the one that I decided to quote....

A guy from Osceola on the 3a board spent the day bashing on Prescott and Charleston after they beat them... junction City posters used to have a bad habit of it too.
Better believe he wil be on JC all the way til Friday.

SWAT11

Ida:  the last 3 seasons they have gone 39-2. And played 3A schools during that stretch. 3 straight conference champs. Two undefeated regular seasons. They just know how to win and are very well coached.

CHG:  moving back up to 3A next year. They know this is their opportunity to do something before the move where they have not competed very well in 3A. A very good 2A team last year and this year.

With that said I give the the edge to Ida on line play. Give the edge to Ida on defense.  Both QBs have a lot of yards and manage offense well. No edge to either side there. Good tough running backs on both sides. No edge to either there. From what I understand Ida secondary was there to make plays. They did have two interceptions. CC receivers were not running wide open. Ida has won the turnover margin big this year, but had uncharacteristic penalties. They can't do that against CHG.

It will be close. Ida by 6

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas