• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE BURG WITH SOMETHING NEW?

Started by Dragonsvoice, November 15, 2017, 07:24:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

I am not sure what the offense we run is called, but I am sure it is something Coach Harrell came up with to fit his team strengths. it has baffled most teams and most posters not sure if it is a variations of some offense from the past or just something new but it seems to work.

I have been involved in the program since 2007 other than playing when I was a kid at the burg. I haven't seen anything like it before. is it a triple option or quadruple option or something else?

last week we had a shoot out with England, and we only punted once that is also something I never seen. its not that the defenses of both teams didn't play well but it came down to the studs of both teams breaking free from the secondary then no one could catch them.

I have called a lot of games since 2007 but I never seen the burg mercy rule so many teams in one year and I know we are in 4-2a one of the weaker divisions in 2a but we have never had this much success before on offense. to have 107 points on the score board in the play offs for us is something knew too.

my reason for this post is that no matter what happens in the rest of the play offs with the burg I want to give credit to the coaches from the burg with coming up with something new on offense so congrats to Coaches Harrell, Nolen, Dean and Hamilton for a great season.

hoping for a good game Friday win or not. it s been a great year!

Go Big Blue!!

Dragonsvoice

So no one will toote {not sure how to spell toote} the Burgs horn with me here are some stats for the year for the Burg:
Rushing we have 3035 yards with 40td's.
Receiving 762 wit 10td's
with 4349 all purpose yards
with 306 solo tackle's, 11 interceptions and 8 sacks

Prouddragondad

It has been a great year and no matter what happens Friday I'm very proud of the coaches and player for what they accomplish when lots of people thought this team wouldn't be very good.

bigworm

Im pretty sure yall run whats called the Single Wing offense. Earle used to run it when coach moody was there. I honestly dont know why lots of people dont run it. Its a good offense and has definitely worked well for you guys this year.

x14113

After watching footage from last week's game, I wouldn't go so far as call it single-wing, though it uses similar concepts.

It's more closely related to the double-wing, except with a wideout in most sets in place of a tailback. Oh, and there weren't always wingbacks.

The one common thread I did see: a tight 7-man front, the total opposite of the spread that was listed in the preseason.

Prouddragondad

I believe what they call it is empty spin cycle. It was run against us several years ago by Hughes when we faced them in the playoffs. If you think about it the name fits the offense with a empty backfield and the qb spins and everyone is cycling through. It has been a very productive offense so far and hopefully it will continue Friday night.

DnA Prostaff

I hate it! Had our boys tackling the wrong player, chasing the wrong guy, thinking we made a play when we actually didn't!  Caused us to hesitate and guess and by that time #5 was past us!  Please tell me he is a senior?!

Doesn't help that qb is a hoss running it and can throw it too!

I think one of the hardest hits I've seen all year was your qb keeping it around the right side and running over our corner! (He did hold on to make the tackle)

Go Hornets!   but were cheering you on from Hackett, GO DRAGONS GO!

Chief Sitting Dragon

Dragonsvoice

thanks for the info wasn't sure what it was called I like it though fits the team well

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on November 16, 2017, 08:44:20 am
Sorry DnA  #5 is a jr.

Great! 

Got a great jr high coming up, and lots of potential in the little league teams. Looking forward to a lot of battles with the Dragons in the coming years

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 15, 2017, 07:24:43 pm
I am not sure what the offense we run is called, but I am sure it is something Coach Harrell came up with to fit his team strengths. it has baffled most teams and most posters not sure if it is a variations of some offense from the past or just something new but it seems to work.

I have been involved in the program since 2007 other than playing when I was a kid at the burg. I haven't seen anything like it before. is it a triple option or quadruple option or something else?

last week we had a shoot out with England, and we only punted once that is also something I never seen. its not that the defenses of both teams didn't play well but it came down to the studs of both teams breaking free from the secondary then no one could catch them.

I have called a lot of games since 2007 but I never seen the burg mercy rule so many teams in one year and I know we are in 4-2a one of the weaker divisions in 2a but we have never had this much success before on offense. to have 107 points on the score board in the play offs for us is something knew too.

my reason for this post is that no matter what happens in the rest of the play offs with the burg I want to give credit to the coaches from the burg with coming up with something new on offense so congrats to Coaches Harrell, Nolen, Dean and Hamilton for a great season.

hoping for a good game Friday win or not. it s been a great year!

Go Big Blue!!
with this comment it sounds like burg give up and getting ready for next year CC much be to hard from them to beat the is statement that parent of fan makes after they lose in playoffs

Eaglefan70

I agree with bigworm on it being a form of the single wing.  After watching lots of film Mountainburg has perfected the offense.  It is something CC has never seen before.  It gets most times with kids jumping on the motion and #3 just going back around.  You have to account for everyone if you want to beat this offense.  Can't wait for a good game Friday!

Prouddragondad

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 16, 2017, 10:34:38 am
with this comment it sounds like burg give up and getting ready for next year CC much be to hard from them to beat the is statement that parent of fan makes after they lose in playoffs
well trust me that's not how he feels. Us parents and fans believe we can win this game and the boys are ready. As a parent and fan I plan to go to Conway to watch Burg upset CC. It may not happen but that's my plan.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2017, 12:42:39 pm
well trust me that's not how he feels. Us parents and fans believe we can win this game and the boys are ready. As a parent and fan I plan to go to Conway to watch Burg upset CC. It may not happen but that's my plan.
That's no what I was thinking at all I think we have good chance to win!
I was just praising the coaches and boys for a great year so far is that a better statement!

Chief Sitting Dragon

I think most people in Burg are very proud of this bunch. They were picked 4th in the conference and most people thought they might be lucky to finish that high. They lost a great group of seniors from last year, not sure how many but i think i heard 14 or 15 and most started somewhere. They had to replace almost every position on both sides of the ball. I know many people thought they might be a .500 team. So i think that congratulating them on a 9-1 season so far is not out of line and not saying they can't beat a very good conway christian team. They better bring the 'A' game on offense though and burgs defense better improve this week or the season WILL be over. that does not mean they can't win. If you look at scores England was 4 seed from 5aa but they were 6 points from tying for the conference championship and only lost to CC by 5 and Cove by 1. I think burg proved they can play with CC. 

raven

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on November 16, 2017, 03:03:28 pm
I think most people in Burg are very proud of this bunch. They were picked 4th in the conference and most people thought they might be lucky to finish that high. They lost a great group of seniors from last

Well, I was one of those who didn't think it'd be much of a year but I'm thrilled they proved me wrong.  They are a great group of kids with a lot of heart and plenty of emerging talent, no one is counting them out, it should be a great game. 

My oldest boy was on that team that played Hughes in the playoffs where we saw that empty spin cycle. 

See you in Conway!  Go Dragons!

bigworm

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2017, 05:41:50 am
I believe what they call it is empty spin cycle. It was run against us several years ago by Hughes when we faced them in the playoffs. If you think about it the name fits the offense with a empty backfield and the qb spins and everyone is cycling through. It has been a very productive offense so far and hopefully it will continue Friday night.

Gus was probably the coach. When he was arkansas they called what he was running the old single wing. Its a tad different formation than the old look but same principles.

Ricky Bobby

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2017, 05:41:50 am

I thought th empty spin cycle was just something my washer did...  ???

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on November 17, 2017, 01:06:46 pm
I thought th empty spin cycle was just something my washer did...  ???
Lol!

paraloma

ExemplaryChimp

Prouddragondad

We got the offense from Hughes but we put our own twist to it. It's a combination of about three different offenses

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas