• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Danville

Started by bearfan, November 11, 2017, 08:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

November 11, 2017, 08:48:59 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:15:33 am by bearfan
Rison will expose Danville in this matchup. Rison by 32+

cuz

lionsdad

Allen T

Danville would have to completely fall apart to loose by 32. That won't happen!

Risonwildcat212

There is already a thread for this game and, you misspelled Rison. Like a lot of times. Seriously spellcheck, it's not that hard.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 11, 2017, 11:52:19 pm
There is already a thread for this game and, you misspelled Rison. Like a lot of times. Seriously spellcheck, it's not that hard.

"Rision"

LOL

big E

Man Danville has got to prepare for 2 teams Rision and Rison that's tough.

Bearden_Bear72

Better game then people are suggesting.  I think ether team can win.  Danville don't let Rison run out the clock in you.  Final Rison 22 Danville 21

seeya

Rison will have to many turnovers . Danville by 7

PurpleGold1

doubt rison has turnovers like they did chg. chg was a bad week for the 'cats. danville isn't chg and this isn't the same rison team that played chg. count them out if you'd like, but they got a way of proving people wrong (:

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: PurpleGold1 on November 13, 2017, 09:17:13 am
doubt rison has turnovers like they did chg. chg was a bad week for the 'cats. danville isn't chg and this isn't the same rison team that played chg. count them out if you'd like, but they got a way of proving people wrong (:
+1 thank you!!! I am sick of hearing how our boys couldn't handle business against CHG. Our boys faced a lot just that week and everything was off for them that night. Not to mention all these posters act like they blew Rison out-we had 6 turnovers and they still didn't blow us out.

sheepdawg92

Danville hope you guys tape your ankles because Rison lineman cant block they going high low you to death and referee going allow it so be really.

couch-coach06

Well it's legal too cut in the box sheep so idk why the refs wouldn't allow it

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 13, 2017, 11:23:42 am
Danville hope you guys tape your ankles because Rison lineman cant block they going high low you to death and referee going allow it so be really.
It's called a cut block and it is legal. All option teams (including the Veer) can run it legally as long as you inform the refs of your offense before the game. Georgia Tech, Army, Navy, all use cut blocks.

Hgalum50

If a team wants to cut block so be it, it's perfectly legal. If they were to cut me I would just step on them lol.

Hardrock Hornet

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on November 13, 2017, 09:42:05 am
+1 thank you!!! I am sick of hearing how our boys couldn't handle business against CHG. Our boys faced a lot just that week and everything was off for them that night. Not to mention all these posters act like they blew Rison out-we had 6 turnovers and they still didn't blow us out.

They were not just turnovers, most were forced.  Don't get me wrong Rison is very good but HG made them make mistakes.  I hope y'all handle business against Danville. I would love to see HG and Rison in the finals.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hardrock Hornet on November 13, 2017, 02:42:48 pm
They were not just turnovers, most were forced.  Don't get me wrong Rison is very good but HG made them make mistakes.  I hope y'all handle business against Danville. I would love to see HG and Rison in the finals.
We have to take care of business too there, Hardrock.  But I'm 100% with you on everything else. 

AND I want to remind some of the Rison posters that CHG was sitting on the Wildcat 3 yard line with under a minute to go and Coach Chambers had the offense kneel on the ball twice to run out the clock.  They could have pushed up the score to 48, 49, or 50 to 30 depending on how they played the extra point or two point conversion so.........the game wasn't close at the end.  Yes, beating Rison is a rare occurrence at Harmony Grove, but don't make light of our win over you guys because you know it could have been worse.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 13, 2017, 03:12:03 pm
We have to take care of business too there, Hardrock.  But I'm 100% with you on everything else. 

AND I want to remind some of the Rison posters that CHG was sitting on the Wildcat 3 yard line with under a minute to go and Coach Chambers had the offense kneel on the ball twice to run out the clock.  They could have pushed up the score to 48, 49, or 50 to 30 depending on how they played the extra point or two point conversion so.........the game wasn't close at the end.  Yes, beating Rison is a rare occurrence at Harmony Grove, but don't make light of our win over you guys because you know it could have been worse.
You shouldn't act like not punching it in at the end of the game to make the score look better was such a great thing either. No team should do that, it's poor sportsmanship. Rison turned the ball over 6 times.......6. 3 of them inside the Rison 20. 2 of those were unforced to start the 2nd half. If you honestly believe the CHG is just better and the turnovers didn't affect the outcome of the game, remember you only beat us by 12 with 6 turnovers.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 13, 2017, 08:01:30 pm
You shouldn't act like not punching it in at the end of the game to make the score look better was such a great thing either. No team should do that, it's poor sportsmanship. Rison turned the ball over 6 times.......6. 3 of them inside the Rison 20. 2 of those were unforced to start the 2nd half. If you honestly believe the CHG is just better and the turnovers didn't affect the outcome of the game, remember you only beat us by 12 with 6 turnovers.
Yes, and it could have been by as many as 20....which is a pretty good whoopin.  You're right, it was the good sportsmanship thing to do and that's how Tony Chambers is.  The turnovers most definitely changed the outcome of the game, but the first two int's didn't as we didn't score off them.  The 3rd quarter fumbles did and the 4th quarter int's did, though.  Rison's defense was wore slap out at the end and couldn't stop the Hornets running attack at all.  Rison, historically, is better than us, but on that night we were the better team and not just because of the turnovers.

Maybe we'll meet up again and we can see if we can beat you again.  I'm sure both the Wildcats and Hornets would be up for it. 

The Beast Of 08

Pretty sure Grove had a couple of late turnovers themselves.. Also .the offense gashed Rison the whole night (short field or long field...it didn't matter)

Prouddragondad

Last time I looked Rison is playing Danville correct so why are people talking about the Rison and CHG game

HG Hornet

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 13, 2017, 09:26:10 pm
Last time I looked Rison is playing Danville correct so why are people talking about the Rison and CHG game
I don't know.....I guess I started it when I saw where they (Rison guys) were making light of us beating them earlier this year for the first time in years.  Sorry, didn't mean to hijack.  Rison is very good Danville fans; they can ruin your season unless you can stop #2 and get ahead of them and force them to pass like we did.  Do that, force some turnovers, and keep your offense on the field and wear them down has to be "the gameplan."

WampusCat30

i think rison takes this one by 20ish. i think Danville is the most overrated team in 2a. maybe they can prove me wrong but i doubt it

Hardrock Hornet

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 13, 2017, 09:26:10 pm

Beacause that was a good game. Rison vs. Danville probably won't be after halftime!  Rison will takeover.

seeya

The Danville defence will contain the run enough to come out with the W. They some big ole boys that can stop the run . If Rison can pass the ball they might have a chance. Looks like they aren't much of a passing team though .

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 13, 2017, 11:23:42 am

If 2 offensive line men "High/Low" a defensive lineman, it is an illegal block.   Cut blocks are legal, that is one offensive line man hitting a defensive lineman at the knees or lower, also called a "chop block" like an axe to a tree.

High/low blocks are not.   When an O lineman stands up a d lineman and another player hits his knees or ankles, someone is going to get hurt.   Illegal block

young_gun

Watching film Rison does high low a lot. Danville kids will be prepared for it and hopefully the officials will call it when it happens.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 13, 2017, 01:06:33 pm
It's called a cut block and it is legal. All option teams (including the Veer) can run it legally as long as you inform the refs of your offense before the game. Georgia Tech, Army, Navy, all use cut blocks.
Its a difference when you cut a player one on one thats fine its apart of the game, but problem I have when Rison player hit a defense up high and another come and cut him tryn hit a kid and rison be doing it for years

sheepdawg92

Quote from: young_gun on November 16, 2017, 09:36:38 am
Watching film Rison does high low a lot. Danville kids will be prepared for it and hopefully the officials will call it when it happens.
its not going happen Rison is the PA of 2A. AAA is scared of them and they tell referee if they was get more playoffs favor them teams...

The Beast Of 08

Arkansas did that junk to Miles Garrett last year and about ended his season...it's scary and it's dirty. I'm not saying Rison does it...I know they chop block which is still scary in my book but also perfectly legal

FBlife

Bigditchlion

They teach firing low when they are little. We see it every Saturday, that is what they do. Dive and take out a would be tackler to create space. Go 4 yds then do it again and again. Rison is Rison it's their identity and tough to beat. Gotta be disciplined in filling the holes. They are good at running where they are suppose too. Little johns have their work cut out for them.

brown2010

sheepdawg92

i change my mind now i got Rison by 20. Danville  DC will not come up with a plan to stop number 24 and # 13

seeya

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 16, 2017, 10:52:37 am
i change my mind now i got Rison by 20. Danville  DC will not come up with a plan to stop number 24 and # 13
DC will have # 24 and # 13 playing basketball next week !

sheepdawg92

Quote from: seeya on November 16, 2017, 12:00:28 pm
Rison offense is very dangerous Danville haven't played anybody

PurpleGold1

Quote from: seeya on November 16, 2017, 12:00:28 pm
If you think 24 and 13 are your biggest problems, you need to do your homework before kickoff at 7:00 tomorrow night. 😉

bearbacker52

lets go rison, represent the conference well good luck be safe

wildcatfan12345

Risonwildcat212

Gotta cover better. Could have had control of this game, just gotta cover.

wildcatfan12345

Risonwildcat212

rattlerfan24

Risonwildcat212

#1wildcatfan

These officials!! What kind of DA picks the ball up and takes it to the sideline to measure for a first down???? Danville must have paid these morons well!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on November 17, 2017, 08:53:01 pm
These officials!! What kind of DA picks the ball up and takes it to the sideline to measure for a first down???? Danville must have paid these morons well!
They keep moving the ball. It doesn't make sense.

The Beast Of 08

I've seen refs do that EXACT same thing before...I won't say where though. It was impossible for the Home team to have a negative play...

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 17, 2017, 08:57:57 pm
I've seen refs do that EXACT same thing before...I won't say where though. It was impossible for the Home team to have a negative play...
It's not benefiting either team. It just doesn't make sense.

Hawgpilot

Shouldn't matter,  Rison was such a superior team, right??

dc3

So much back and forth! Will it come down to who has it last?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas