• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Ozark. Round 2. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 10, 2017, 09:49:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 15, 2017, 12:52:17 pm
I was told by an administrator from HWH that the 8 lobbied against them because of the travel time. He told me he had prepared a in depth paper on it but AAA barely read over it.

Who cares if Stutty or Warren would fight it out every year. Would make the 8 the most dominant conference.

"Travel time" is subjective depending on how fast people drive, traffic, etc. But their actual mileage will be less in the 8-4A.

Danold Dump

Warren will show the hillbillie mountain men what real football is....South Arkansas football.  Not even close man...Warren 49-6....Dump has spoken...Dump out

Baller14

Quote from: Danold Dump on November 15, 2017, 01:33:53 pm
Warren will show the hillbillie mountain men what real football is....South Arkansas football.  Not even close man...Warren 49-6....Dump has spoken...Dump out
Ha. Ozark may not win this game but you better be ready for a close game.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Danold Dump on November 15, 2017, 01:33:53 pm

Ole....and finally the ole south Arkansas football comment.  1st off, warren is warren and they now how to ball regardless of if they are loaded for bear or not.  2nd, I doubt Ozark will be much more than a couple pot holes in warrens path,  but its not from just the south playing the north. 

AirWarren

November 15, 2017, 03:00:13 pm #54 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:01:46 pm by AirWarren
Not certain dump is a warrenite or warren fan.

But his posts are great.

ADUMP out.

OLDSCHOOL82

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

^ He just appears out of nowhere and then he's gone.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2017, 03:03:32 pm
^ He just appears out of nowhere and then he's gone.

That's what happens when you flush a dump...sometimes a floater comes back, then you flush again and it's gone.

LAfootball fan

Quote from: Baller14 on November 15, 2017, 02:34:12 pm
It might be close for a half but Warren will pull away and win going away.  Ozark has to keep the ball on offense to keep this game close.  Warren's defense is pretty stout against the run and adequate against the pass.  Ozark will have to pass very well to stay in this game and I am not sure they will be able to.   Then you throw in special teams play.  If you punt or kick to Burks or McKnight, there is a good chance of it going back to the house.  Warren's kickoff is usually in the end zone or within the 5 yard line on every kick so Ozark is looking at having to drive the length of the field to score.  Not good odds of doing that against this defense.  This is a complete Warren team that is playing good football right now.  The new qb has settled in and Bo has added more and more to the offense as the season has gone on.  Add playing on the road and I think Ozark will be doing good to keep it within 3 scores.

AirWarren

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 15, 2017, 03:10:20 pm
It might be close for a half but Warren will pull away and win going away.  Ozark has to keep the ball on offense to keep this game close.  Warren's defense is pretty stout against the run and adequate against the pass.  Ozark will have to pass very well to stay in this game and I am not sure they will be able to.   Then you throw in special teams play.  If you punt or kick to Burks or McKnight, there is a good chance of it going back to the house.  Warren's kickoff is usually in the end zone or within the 5 yard line on every kick so Ozark is looking at having to drive the length of the field to score.  Not good odds of doing that against this defense.  This is a complete Warren team that is playing good football right now.  The new qb has settled in and Bo has added more and more to the offense as the season has gone on.  Add playing on the road and I think Ozark will be doing good to keep it within 3 scores.

They can score in all three phases of the game. Quickly.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2017, 01:04:34 pm
"Travel time" is subjective depending on how fast people drive, traffic, etc. But their actual mileage will be less in the 8-4A.
True. Mileage was less in the 8, travel easier in the 2. Mileage won the debate.

Superjack45

Quote from: Baller14 on November 15, 2017, 02:34:12 pm
They are, if you think Bo isn't preparing these young men than you are wrong they will be fine and I think they need a close game wouldn't surprise me at all.

x14113

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 15, 2017, 03:10:20 pm

Y'know, if not for your name-dropping, I would've thought you were talking about Ashdown there.  ;D

Superjack45

AirWarren

Da Truff

Warren won't get tested until they go to Robinson for the semi's.

Danold Dump

The Lumberjacks fixing to send them hillbillies back to the stills....dump out

AirWarren

Quote from: Da Truff on November 17, 2017, 09:03:32 am
Warren won't get tested until they go to Robinson for the semi's.

I disagree.

It's playoff football. Every week matters.

Romeo

If we win tonight, we'll definitely get tested next week, especially if it's Stuttgart.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

rskyb33

November 17, 2017, 10:50:31 am #71 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:52:36 am by rskyb33
Moonshiners vs Axemen ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LJ06

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Game day has arrived!  I must say, I've looked forward to a match-up with Ozark again ever since that 2000 game.  I remember that game well, remember listening to it on the radio from home because I was too sick to travel to that game that night.  I remember the excitement around that 2000 team, Bo had them primed and looking the part but we realized quickly against Ozark that we weren't QUITE that caliber team yet.  The Hillbillies really brought Warren back down to earth that night, but I attribute that loss to a lot of the success Warren has enjoyed since that night in Ozark.  They helped Bo set a tone in the program that we had to bring our best every night to be the best.  Needless to say, the next season Warren went on to enjoy one of the most successful seasons any 3A/4A team has enjoyed the last two decades.  Complete dominance from start to finish and a thrilling title game against Ozark's bitter rival, Booneville. 

50-18 as Romeo reminded me of the score earlier in this thread.  Man, Ozark just flat out whipped Warren that night with a smash-mouth football gameplan.  I remember when the tide started to turn and that Warren wasn't going to be able to pass their way back into this game.  x14113 posted this in another thread so I certainly can't take credit for this little gem of knowledge but tonight's game comes EXACTLY 17 years to the day since the first match-up, 11/17/2000.  Almost poetic for these two teams to clash again tonight.  That loss in 2000 was Bo's first play-off loss as well.  To say he remembers that football game is likely the biggest understatement ever said on the board.  I can guarantee that Bo remembers that game, remembers every nuance of it, probably remembers the play calls.  As much as Warren fans have waited to see Ozark again, you can bet Bo has been even more anxious.  Not out of ill will, Ozark won it fair and square that night--they were absolutely, unequivocally the better football team....but you know that loss had to have left a bad taste in Bo's mouth.  Doing some quick research, the 50-18 loss to Ozark is for the 3rd worst loss in the Bo Hembree Era at Warren.

Worst Losses in Bo Hembree Era:
42 points--49-7 Shiloh Christian 2010
42 points--42-0 Camden Fairview 2012
37 points--50-13 Pulaski Academy 2003
37 points--57-20 McGehee 2010
32 points--50-18 Ozark 2000

So yeah, as you can see, Bo doesn't get dumped often, but Ozark is on the very short list of teams that have.  I do NOT think we'll see a repeat tonight though.  The situation is pretty much completely flipped for tonight's game.  Warren comes in as the established, perennial contender while Ozark is a young, talented team trying to find it's winning ways again.  This Ozark team has competed well this season with a 9-2 record, only losses to Charleston and Booneville but they aren't on Warren's level this season.  This Warren team is shaping up to be one of the better Lumberjack squads during the Hembree era.  People consider this Warren team down because offensively they aren't as strong as past teams, but they fail to look at the defense which has only surrendered 20 pts or more twice, and the starters have only been scored on in 6 of the 11 games (Dollarway only scored their lone TD on the starters due to a fumble deep in Warren territory if I remember correctly).  This defense is playing lights out football for Warren and this has allowed time for the offense to come into it's own through-out the season.  I can report that whispers of the Lumberjack offense being down and out have been GREATLY exaggerated.  This Warren team can go out and score on anyone in the 4A because they can produce points in all three phases of the game. 

As for tonight, I think much like last week against Highland you'll see the Lumberjacks come out on a mission early.  They'll put their foots on Ozark's throats in the first quarter build a lead going into the 2nd quarter and continue to pull away leading up to halftime.  Ozark will have little success against Warren's defense while the starters remain in.  I think a turnover will likely lead to the Hillbillies only 1st half points as Warren builds a 35-7 halftime advantage.  Second half will play out accordingly.  Bo leaves starters in long enough to get the mercy-rule in to effect and from there allows the game to play-off with back-ups in.  Ozark is a good team, but tonight the GREAT team will separate itself in the contest early.  Hillbillies score another time or two late against the back-ups, Warren will break a few more long runs in the later half of the 2nd half against a tired Ozark defense.

Warren rolls into the Quarter-Finals to face another team they're familiar with, whether it's their Semi-Final opponent from last year or a team they'll have played 3 times in a little over a year is yet to be determined.  What is a winning bet though is Warren takes it tonight, BIG.

Warren 49
Ozark 14

-Kyle

AirWarren

AirWarren

Romeo

If I remember correctly, we actually led at halftime in 2000. The score was 18-15. They scored 35 unanswered in the second half.

LJ06

With a win tonight, Warren will extend its streak of consecutive quarter-final appearances to 6.

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2017, 01:47:37 pm
What's the weather like back home today?

It's fairly warm out in the 70 degree range, it's pretty windy at times as well.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2017, 01:58:51 pm
It's fairly warm out in the 70 degree range, it's pretty windy at times as well.

Warren football weather.

x14113

The family affairs in Oxford are done and I'm finally on my way.

Don't forget to stop and smell the rubber!

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

LJ06

Somebody at the game keep us out of town folks updated. The stream cast is down.

Jack1990

65 yard pass to McKnight. Jacks lead 7-0 with 8:18 remaining in 1st quarter.

AirWarren

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2017, 07:06:08 pm
Stream down.

Come on man.
Ha ha the FF fans never at game. That's bad I'm at Warren supporting u guys. But I think yals broadcasts is getting fixed.

Jack1990

Burks on the 4 yard carry. Extra point is good. Jacks lead 14-0 with 22.6 left in the first quarter.

LJ06

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 17, 2017, 07:22:07 pm
Ha ha the FF fans never at game. That's bad I'm at Warren supporting u guys. But I think yals broadcasts is getting fixed.

I live in Star City. Work in Camden, don't get leave work till 5:30 usually. Kids got karate practice tonight. No football for me.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Jack1990

Burks on the 12 yard TD run. XP is good. 21-0 with 8:19 remaining in the half.

Jack1990

Hillbillies score with 7:44. XP is good. Jacks lead 21-7.

Jack1990

Burks on the 3 yard TD run. XP is good. With 3:42 remaining in the half Jacks now lead the Hillbillies 28-7.

x14113

Took a bit longer than anticipated, but I made it!

Now, to see a grape stomp...

LJ06

Quote from: x14113 on November 17, 2017, 08:00:22 pm

Welcome to Lumberjack country!

AirWarren

Quote from: x14113 on November 17, 2017, 08:00:22 pm

Enjoy the visit and facilities.

x14113

Let's spice up the stakes:

I'll switch bleachers upon a mercy rule.

Might as well have fun with it.

Jack1990

Jack1990

Steppes goes on from 8 yards. XP is good.
Jacks lead 35-7 with 9:29 remaining in the third quarter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas