• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Ozark. Round 2. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 10, 2017, 09:49:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

Kinnard goes in from 27 yards. XP is good. With 1:41 to go in the 3rd. The Jacks now lead 42-7. Mercy rule in effect for the 9th game in a row.

Jack1990

Jack1990

JJ Hampton with the 67 yard scoop and score. XP is good. Jacks lead 49-7 with 10:00 remaining

x14113

Jack1990

Jack1990

LJ06

Warren: 573 yards of total offense (426 yards rushing)

Romeo

x14113

The Hillbillies aren't where most of their fans want them to be.

But they're exactly where they need to be this season.

It'll be interesting to see how our skill players improve in the offseason.

Meeting #3 could come sooner rather than later.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 17, 2017, 11:12:08 am
Game day has arrived!  I must say, I've looked forward to a match-up with Ozark again ever since that 2000 game.  I remember that game well, remember listening to it on the radio from home because I was too sick to travel to that game that night.  I remember the excitement around that 2000 team, Bo had them primed and looking the part but we realized quickly against Ozark that we weren't QUITE that caliber team yet.  The Hillbillies really brought Warren back down to earth that night, but I attribute that loss to a lot of the success Warren has enjoyed since that night in Ozark.  They helped Bo set a tone in the program that we had to bring our best every night to be the best.  Needless to say, the next season Warren went on to enjoy one of the most successful seasons any 3A/4A team has enjoyed the last two decades.  Complete dominance from start to finish and a thrilling title game against Ozark's bitter rival, Booneville. 

50-18 as Romeo reminded me of the score earlier in this thread.  Man, Ozark just flat out whipped Warren that night with a smash-mouth football gameplan.  I remember when the tide started to turn and that Warren wasn't going to be able to pass their way back into this game.  x14113 posted this in another thread so I certainly can't take credit for this little gem of knowledge but tonight's game comes EXACTLY 17 years to the day since the first match-up, 11/17/2000.  Almost poetic for these two teams to clash again tonight.  That loss in 2000 was Bo's first play-off loss as well.  To say he remembers that football game is likely the biggest understatement ever said on the board.  I can guarantee that Bo remembers that game, remembers every nuance of it, probably remembers the play calls.  As much as Warren fans have waited to see Ozark again, you can bet Bo has been even more anxious.  Not out of ill will, Ozark won it fair and square that night--they were absolutely, unequivocally the better football team....but you know that loss had to have left a bad taste in Bo's mouth.  Doing some quick research, the 50-18 loss to Ozark is for the 3rd worst loss in the Bo Hembree Era at Warren.

Worst Losses in Bo Hembree Era:
42 points--49-7 Shiloh Christian 2010
42 points--42-0 Camden Fairview 2012
37 points--50-13 Pulaski Academy 2003
37 points--57-20 McGehee 2010
32 points--50-18 Ozark 2000

So yeah, as you can see, Bo doesn't get dumped often, but Ozark is on the very short list of teams that have.  I do NOT think we'll see a repeat tonight though.  The situation is pretty much completely flipped for tonight's game.  Warren comes in as the established, perennial contender while Ozark is a young, talented team trying to find it's winning ways again.  This Ozark team has competed well this season with a 9-2 record, only losses to Charleston and Booneville but they aren't on Warren's level this season.  This Warren team is shaping up to be one of the better Lumberjack squads during the Hembree era.  People consider this Warren team down because offensively they aren't as strong as past teams, but they fail to look at the defense which has only surrendered 20 pts or more twice, and the starters have only been scored on in 6 of the 11 games (Dollarway only scored their lone TD on the starters due to a fumble deep in Warren territory if I remember correctly).  This defense is playing lights out football for Warren and this has allowed time for the offense to come into it's own through-out the season.  I can report that whispers of the Lumberjack offense being down and out have been GREATLY exaggerated.  This Warren team can go out and score on anyone in the 4A because they can produce points in all three phases of the game. 

As for tonight, I think much like last week against Highland you'll see the Lumberjacks come out on a mission early.  They'll put their foots on Ozark's throats in the first quarter build a lead going into the 2nd quarter and continue to pull away leading up to halftime.  Ozark will have little success against Warren's defense while the starters remain in.  I think a turnover will likely lead to the Hillbillies only 1st half points as Warren builds a 35-7 halftime advantage.  Second half will play out accordingly.  Bo leaves starters in long enough to get the mercy-rule in to effect and from there allows the game to play-off with back-ups in.  Ozark is a good team, but tonight the GREAT team will separate itself in the contest early.  Hillbillies score another time or two late against the back-ups, Warren will break a few more long runs in the later half of the 2nd half against a tired Ozark defense.

Warren rolls into the Quarter-Finals to face another team they're familiar with, whether it's their Semi-Final opponent from last year or a team they'll have played 3 times in a little over a year is yet to be determined.  What is a winning bet though is Warren takes it tonight, BIG.

Warren 49
Ozark 14

-Kyle

Just saying.....one day people will start to listen to me again.  This is the 2nd game that I think I've nailed the exact final on this year and there's another game I missed by a single point.  Next week should be a fun one.  I'll actually be IN THE STANDS for that one!

-Kyle

LJ06

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 17, 2017, 09:17:10 pm
Just saying.....one day people will start to listen to me again.  This is the 2nd game that I think I've nailed the exact final on this year and there's another game I missed by a single point.  Next week should be a fun one.  I'll actually be IN THE STANDS for that one!

-Kyle

Nostradamus

bigchief72455

Kyle what lotto numbers you thinking about. Lol

AirWarren

TurfToe

Quote from: x14113 on November 17, 2017, 09:14:42 pm
The Hillbillies aren't where most of their fans want them to be.

But they're exactly where they need to be this season.

It'll be interesting to see how our skill players improve in the offseason.

Meeting #3 could come sooner rather than later.

I couldn't agree more.....the Hillbillies haven't reached their full potential yet. The problem I have is, I am not sure this bunch will ever peak. I have been to every game this season and it's not the skill players I worry about. There are simply too many mistakes being made still. That is a lack of fundamental football skills and discipline.

For example, 1st and goal from the 3 at Warren.....so many penalties it ends up 3rd and long and Ozark comes away with NO points. Not acceptable in my opinion.

Another thing that burns my behind.....I never see players being pulled after getting a penalty. If a player is constantly getting called for holding or motion, jerk their behind out of the game until the lesson is learned.

I'll end on this note.....there will be absolutely no reason Ozark should not win their conference next year BUT something will happen and they won't. Should be a team capable of a deep playoff run, but if the fundamentals and discipline are still lacking, it will be another early exit from the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas