• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem @ Hector- 1st Round

Started by Wildcatalumni21, November 03, 2017, 01:43:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Don't know the first thing about the Greyhounds but I do know the Wildcats offense is rolling and that defense is awfully stingy! Hopefully Salem fans travel good and can enjoy our great atmosphere! Gotta go with my Cats by 28!

wiseguy

Believe this is a 1st time matchup for these teams. Be a long trip through the boonies :P Hey Greyhounds- WELCOME TO HECTOR :)

Bearden_Bear72

Hector by a good bit.  Save your gas Salem

Greyhound#1

Lol,  hmmmmm Mccrory said same thing last year. 

Bearden_Bear72

This years Hector is a good bit better then last years McCrory team.  But ya never know I guess

brown2010

Hector by 21 or more. Wished salem could play mccrory this year. But we will be back in conference next year if there not moving. Lookout for our 9th grade class next 4 yrs

Hgalum50

Mac Town dad

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 03, 2017, 09:31:38 am
Lol,  hmmmmm Mccrory said same thing last year.
promise you if you face us this year you will leave upset  ;D ;D ;D ::)

Wildcatalumni21

What's there to expect of Salem? Offense? Defense?

Baller_34

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 03, 2017, 01:38:25 pm

Definitely a lot of talk!! That's what they do better than anything, oh and make excuses. Hector by 28, stay up North Salem.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 03, 2017, 02:33:05 pm
Definitely a lot of talk!! That's what they do better than anything, oh and make excuses. Hector by 28, stay up North Salem.
I'll promise they don't wanna run their mouths to those Hector boys! They'll wake up a monster and get embarrassed on the field!

Wildcatalumni21

Pit Bull, playmaker, bdub, anyone else from the 3 give me some insight

Dogg

They won't lay down. Well coached and will play hard. The longer you let them hang around the harder they will play.

bdubyab60

Pretty balanced offensively. They play tough and if you let them hang around it will for sure be a game. They didn't have anyone I would consider a game breaker when I watched them. Pretty young team.

Hector should win. Probably pulling away in the second half

Wildcatalumni21

N2DEEP

To Salem, the Hector visitor stands suck. most of the sitting is field level or below. Also there is a huge stack of tires right behind the bleachers so bring mosquito repellant. A couple times during our game the sewer smelled like it dumped and it stinks pretty bad to the left side of the bleachers.

With that being said Hector by 24.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 04, 2017, 06:43:04 am
To Salem, the Hector visitor stands suck. most of the sitting is field level or below. Also there is a huge stack of tires right behind the bleachers so bring mosquito repellant. A couple times during our game the sewer smelled like it dumped and it stinks pretty bad to the left side of the bleachers.

Below field level? And I think you are the only person that's ever came on here and griped about our stadium, all the other posters talk about how great of a time they had, how the atmosphere was so good and everything else

bigworm

Ill have to say hwctor is a great place to play a game but thete isnt much visotor seating. I never sit so makes no difference to me.

Poncho 42
Bassett hounds 12

Wildcatalumni21

Are there any posters from Salem? If not I've got a long boring week ahead of me lol

Wildman5

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 04, 2017, 06:43:04 am

hes from magnet cove give him a break they have all the money in the world to spend on facilities. alumi you are correct he is the only person i have ever heard complain. hes still mad over the beating they took in hector

Bearden_Bear72

Hectohas this game.  After seeing them early in the season I knew they be better by playoffs.  I even said it the night bearden played them that I hope we don't have to play them early in playoffs. 

Wildcatalumni21

Watched some game footage of Salem and they don't seem like they can throw the ball very good when they have to. I see Hector loading the box and forcing them to try and beat us thru the air. Also they miss alot of tackles, if that holds true then Graham, Landrum, Haralson, Day, and Koehn will have a field day!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2017, 08:46:29 am
Below field level? And I think you are the only person that's ever came on here and griped about our stadium, all the other posters talk about how great of a time they had, how the atmosphere was so good and everything else

Ha....I've been known to sit on the visitor side if I show up late(and not feeling social). Think I gave #72Bearden_Bear a scare a couple years ago by being over there.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2017, 05:34:00 pm
Ha....I've been known to sit on the visitor side if I show up late(and not feeling social). Think I gave #72Bearden_Bear a scare a couple years ago by being over there.
I just don't understand where he said below field level 😂

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 05, 2017, 06:49:44 pm
I just don't understand where he said below field level 😂

Maybe he got confused and sat in the baseball stands?

Anyway...The Part I forgot to include on my first post, I kinda like the view from the visitor side, it's closer to the field.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2017, 07:25:56 pm
Maybe he got confused and sat in the baseball stands?

Anyway...The Part I forgot to include on my first post, I kinda like the view from the visitor side, it's closer to the field.
Maybe so lol. Yeah o do wish we had more seating for visitors side but I don't think it's a bad view to watch a game

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2017, 11:57:17 am
Are there any posters from Salem? If not I've got a long boring week ahead of me lol

Im just gonna say this.  If your team assumes a 5th place out our conference is weak then your gonna have wide awaking.  Unless you have another D1 QB like Earle then your not gonna run away from us. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 05, 2017, 10:23:57 pm
Im just gonna say this.  If your team assumes a 5th place out our conference is weak then your gonna have wide awaking.  Unless you have another D1 QB like Earle then your not gonna run away from us.
I don't remember ever saying y'all was weak but if y'all aren't careful then it could be over by halftime. If our offense gets to going there's no slowing them down

Boomcannon

The 3 is the weakest conference in the whole state, your riding the coat tails of Earle. I seen Hector at Bearden and knew they would end up in 1st or 2nd. Y'all don't have the speed to contain their QB or RB.

Boom Boom Boom

Rida4Life

02cat

Man no one from Hector is overlooking a 5 seed. We found out a couple of years ago
that a 5 seed doesn't need to be taken lightly. Coach Russell will have the boys firing on all cylinders. We don't have a D1 QB but I can betcha that he will be one of the better ones that you have seen. But our RB is the one you have to watch out for. Safe travels to Salem!!!!!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Boomcannon on November 06, 2017, 08:55:49 am
The 3 is the weakest conference in the whole state, your riding the coat tails of Earle. I seen Hector at Bearden and knew they would end up in 1st or 2nd. Y'all don't have the speed to contain their QB or RB.

Boom Boom Boom

Lol,  the 3 is not close to weakest conference.  Y'all will find first rd.  Salem may not win but I bet there will be some upsets from our conference.  Mark tree,  CC, and EPC are all capable teams. 

clt3205

I know very little about Hector but I can say that if they can expose the Greyhound secondary they will have no problems with this game. Also turnovers have been a big problem for the Hounds this year which has swung momentum the other way. Salem plays hard but in close games they haven't been able to get over the hump. The greyhounds keep it close for a half but Hector seals the deal and moves on in the playoffs. Hector 40 Salem 24

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 06, 2017, 10:41:07 am
Lol,  the 3 is not close to weakest conference.  Y'all will find first rd.  Salem may not win but I bet there will be some upsets from our conference.  Mark tree,  CC, and EPC are all capable teams. 

The 3 isn't the weakest conference but you say your 2 seed will pull an upset....wouldn't that indicate a weak conference?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 06, 2017, 10:41:07 am
Conway Christian is gonna have their way with Cross County, Marked Tree should win cuz they are playing a terrible Spring Hill team, and EPC I don't know about but they did lose to a down Des Arc team which is the 5th from the 6. The 3 has Earle who is legit, other than that you have MT and that's it. CC, EPC, and Salem would struggle for the 5 seed in every other conference except for maybe the 7! You want people to respect your conference then other teams need to win playoff games besides Earle

Greyhound#1

i think our conference was in the same situation last year and you can go look at those results if you like.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 07, 2017, 01:35:21 pm
i think our conference was in the same situation last year and you can go look at those results if you like.
1 year doesn't get your conference respect, do it year in and year out and maybe just maybe people will give a little

bdubyab60

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 07, 2017, 04:22:27 pm
1 year doesn't get your conference respect, do it year in and year out and maybe just maybe people will give a little
Actually until year before last the conference had at least 1 team in the semis. Regularly has 3 teams to the second round as well.

A few years back I did the numbers on the conferences in the playoffs and the 3 was either 3 or 4 in playoff wins. Now I'm titles and finals the conference didn't have many.

But let's face it. The 3 could win every game next week and still wouldn't get any respect. That's just the way it is

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 07, 2017, 04:32:25 pm
Actually until year before last the conference had at least 1 team in the semis. Regularly has 3 teams to the second round as well.

A few years back I did the numbers on the conferences in the playoffs and the 3 was either 3 or 4 in playoff wins. Now I'm titles and finals the conference didn't have many.

But let's face it. The 3 could win every game next week and still wouldn't get any respect. That's just the way it is

It's a basketball conference

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 07, 2017, 04:32:25 pm

If the 3 wins every 1st round game they will definitely have my respect! But I just feel Hector and Conway Christian will have their ways with Salem and Cross County. MT should handle SH easily and I think the EPC/Lavaca game is very winnable for EPC due to Lavaca being way down

bdubyab60

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 07, 2017, 06:12:31 pm
If the 3 wins every 1st round game they will definitely have my respect! But I just feel Hector and Conway Christian will have their ways with Salem and Cross County. MT should handle SH easily and I think the EPC/Lavaca game is very winnable for EPC due to Lavaca being way down
Thanks for making my point. No matter if EPC wins it will be because Lavaca is down or just not good. But yet all other conferences are better than the 3 right. So despite being down Lavaca should roll EPC.

I mean I think I even read one comment that said every team below Earle would be playing for 5th in any other conference. So the only team that should win a game this week is Earle.

I just don't think the 3 is the worst conference, not the best either. I actually think the games will play out as you have stated. That's probably the best we can actually do. Earle is darn good, MT has a stud RB, EPC will be starting 7 freshman in their first playoff game, Cross County is struggling and playing one of the better teams this year, Salem is down this year(see what I did there)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 07, 2017, 09:48:50 pm
Thanks for making my point. No matter if EPC wins it will be because Lavaca is down or just not good. But yet all other conferences are better than the 3 right. So despite being down Lavaca should roll EPC.

I mean I think I even read one comment that said every team below Earle would be playing for 5th in any other conference. So the only team that should win a game this week is Earle.

I just don't think the 3 is the worst conference, not the best either. I actually think the games will play out as you have stated. That's probably the best we can actually do. Earle is darn good, MT has a stud RB, EPC will be starting 7 freshman in their first playoff game, Cross County is struggling and playing one of the better teams this year, Salem is down this year(see what I did there)
Yeah I saw what you done lol. And my comment said that Earle was legit, MT was a very good team but the other 3 would struggle for 5th seed in any other conference besides the 7. Which you helped make my point by EPC being so young, CC is struggling and don't use arguably one of best backs in 2A and Salem is down. I will say that only team from the 3 making it past 2nd Rd tho will be Earle

bdubyab60

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 07, 2017, 10:17:51 pm
Yeah I saw what you done lol. And my comment said that Earle was legit, MT was a very good team but the other 3 would struggle for 5th seed in any other conference besides the 7. Which you helped make my point by EPC being so young, CC is struggling and don't use arguably one of best backs in 2A and Salem is down. I will say that only team from the 3 making it past 2nd Rd tho will be Earle
No you are saying these teams are bad. I wouldn't expect MT or EPC to move past the second round either. I mean heck it's trip to MT Ida and CHG(not sure on this) 2 of the best teams in 2A. I wouldn't expect us to beat them. Hector either for that matter if they had the same draw.

Most 4 and 5 seeds lose in the first round anyway, no matter the conference.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 08, 2017, 06:16:12 am
No you are saying these teams are bad. I wouldn't expect MT or EPC to move past the second round either. I mean heck it's trip to MT Ida and CHG(not sure on this) 2 of the best teams in 2A. I wouldn't expect us to beat them. Hector either for that matter if they had the same draw.

Most 4 and 5 seeds lose in the first round anyway, no matter the conference.
Don't say that, the posters from the 8 will come hijack this thread 😂. We'll get to see how we matchup with the 3's best in the quarterfinals hopefully if we can stay focused!

Eaglefan70

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 03, 2017, 01:38:25 pm
From what i've seen of watching Salem is they have a pretty salty running back.  There O line is decent.  Defense i'm not sure will be able to contain a duel threat QB. 

Wildcatalumni21

How well does Salem travel? Will there be many fans?

bdubyab60

They travel decent but I'm not sure with the distance. Had a fair crowd at our game close to a two hour drive there.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 08, 2017, 06:42:23 pm
They travel decent but I'm not sure with the distance. Had a fair crowd at our game close to a two hour drive there.
I hope they do and support their team!

Greyhound#1

we usually have a huge crowd traveling but this year seems far less then past years.  its just hard for us with our conferance  2-3 hours trips.  it wears on you throughtout the football season.  this is our conference trips.  now we dont play all away but we never get one close.  i would bet we have travel the most out of all 2a teams.

rector 2:40 munutes
cross county 2:30
epc 2:45
earle 2:30
marked tree 2:30

the only close one is midland at 1:20 minutes and thats in my car.  You can add another 30 minutesfor the bus.

i wonder if anyone has every checked to see which team has to travel the most in 2a.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2017, 10:28:39 pm
we usually have a huge crowd traveling but this year seems far less then past years.  its just hard for us with our conferance  2-3 hours trips.  it wears on you throughtout the football season.  this is our conference trips.  now we dont play all away but we never get one close.  i would bet we have travel the most out of all 2a teams.

rector 2:40 munutes
cross county 2:30
epc 2:45
earle 2:30
marked tree 2:30

the only close one is midland at 1:20 minutes and thats in my car.  You can add another 30 minutesfor the bus.

i wonder if anyone has every checked to see which team has to travel the most in 2a.

Salam probably has the mileage trophy on lockdown.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas