• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Siloam at El Dorado

Started by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT, October 20, 2017, 09:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Classless.  Just classless.  Siloam left their starters in and scored on our 3rd string at the end of the game even though we were Mercy Ruling them.   8)

sssuperpantherfan2

Our water boy is broke and we need a new one, he's been broke for the last 10 yrs.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 20, 2017, 09:53:11 pm
Classless.  Just classless.  Siloam left their starters in and scored on our 3rd string at the end of the game even though we were Mercy Ruling them.   8)

You're getting classless and desperate confused. Class would have been if Eldorado would have left the starters in and kept them from scoring.  Are you upset cause you didn't shut them out?

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 22, 2017, 11:08:32 am
You're getting classless and desperate confused. Class would have been if Eldorado would have left the starters in and kept them from scoring.  Are you upset cause you didn't shut them out?

YouDontKnowWhatYouAre.....you don't get it. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 22, 2017, 11:08:32 am

6ACat is being facetious. He is referring to the GW/ED game and some of our reactions where we ran 4 straight run plays with our second string on around the 10  basically chose not to score and add more insult. Then, ED scored with no time with their starters to end the game.

My guess is though ED did not defer not to score that close prior to the Panther TD against their backups. ED must not give helmet stickers or other incentives to encourage shutouts, holding a team to a certain amount of yards, creating TO's, etc. I know in GW that the defense gets pizza and stickers for a shutout which is a big deal to the players. They have a big board in their meeting room with team goals - offensively and defensively.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 23, 2017, 08:56:07 am
6ACat is being facetious. He is referring to the GW/ED game and some of our reactions where we ran 4 straight run plays with our second string on around the 10  basically chose not to score and add more insult. Then, ED scored with no time with their starters to end the game.

My guess is though ED did not defer not to score that close prior to the Panther TD against their backups. ED must not give helmet stickers or other incentives to encourage shutouts, holding a team to a certain amount of yards, creating TO's, etc. I know in GW that the defense gets pizza and stickers for a shutout which is a big deal to the players. They have a big board in their meeting room with team goals - offensively and defensively.

Well i missed his failed attempt at sarcasm.  Sounds like someone is a sore loser.  What does ED stand for again?

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 23, 2017, 09:49:23 am
Well i missed his failed attempt at sarcasm.  Sounds like someone is a sore loser.  What does ED stand for again?

And I missed your failed attempt at being funny

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 23, 2017, 08:56:07 am

You know it's all in good fun.  Had to throw the bait.  LOL.  And no Eldo doesn't give out helmet stickers or as far as I know any kind of individual awards.  Yes they are graded on film and it's used as a teaching tool.  And there is probably praise and recognition given by Coach Reed on their effort....but no individual awards. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 23, 2017, 07:15:43 pm
You know it's all in good fun.  Had to throw the bait.  LOL.  And no Eldo doesn't give out helmet stickers or as far as I know any kind of individual awards.  Yes they are graded on film and it's used as a teaching tool.  And there is probably praise and recognition given by Coach Reed on their effort....but no individual awards. 

It's all good, I never noticed any cats or anything on their helmets. So, I figured it was a not a reward type system. Ours give out little Bulldogs, which I like, but my personal opinion is they need to placed uniformly on the helmet not in stupid designs, etc. like some of ours do. That's my old school mentality though. Some look plain silly with what they do with them. Maybe you all will draw Siloam (if they make it and somehow get to you all) again in the playoffs and you can extract some revenge on the mercy rule score...  ;)

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 23, 2017, 09:46:21 pm
It's all good, I never noticed any cats or anything on their helmets. So, I figured it was a not a reward type system. Ours give out little Bulldogs, which I like, but my personal opinion is they need to placed uniformly on the helmet not in stupid designs, etc. like some of ours do. That's my old school mentality though. Some look plain silly with what they do with them. Maybe you all will draw Siloam (if they make it and somehow get to you all) again in the playoffs and you can extract some revenge on the mercy rule score...  ;)

We did the helmet stickers when I played back in the day (Junction City).  I played defense so I only had skulls (offense got footballs).  And we had to put them on uniformly.  On the front. LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas