• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 8

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, October 17, 2017, 02:44:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

This is officially the week where playoff seeding starts to take shape. As of now, the playoff teams from the 3-4A are 1. Gosnell 2. Trumann 3. Pocahontas 4. Westside 5. Highland. No surprises there, but let's get to my thoughts on this week, which looks to have some fun matchups.
Pocahontas @ Gosnell: Which Pocahontas will show up? How will Gosnell do with a new OLineman and QB? Both teams are on a roll, but Gosnell's strength of schedule has been better. Both teams will probably have a first round home game, but will the NEA teams be good enough to prepare them for South Ark. powers. I think Gosnell's offense will control the outcome, but it will be close.
Pirates- 32 Redskins 27
Brookland @ Trumann: Last week, we all agreed that Harrisburg could compete with Trumann for a while. We were wrong. Brookland has more weapons than Harrisburg, and I'm gonna say again that Brookland can compete as long as they have the ball. I still think Trumann wins on Homecoming.
Wildcats- 41 Bearcats- 23
Westside @ Harrisburg: Westside has surprised some of us this year, and so has Harrisburg. The Hornets, with a win in two of their final three games, could be a playoff team. I think the experience of Westside prevails.
Warriors- 34 Hornets- 23
Cave City @ Highland: These two Sharp County rivals have had some intense games, but this year probably won't be one of those. If the Cavemen can control the clock on offense and run the ball, they can compete. A new Sophomore QB looks like a gem, but Highland has that pre-postseason drive.
Rebels- 45 Cavemen- 20

Googlymoogly

Have the Rebels changed QBs as well?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Googlymoogly on October 18, 2017, 11:28:29 pm
Have the Rebels changed QBs as well?
To my knowledge, they've used the same on since week 2 or 3 after the starter tore his ACL

TBone70

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 19, 2017, 07:12:25 am
To my knowledge, they've used the same on since week 2 or 3 after the starter tore his ACL
Rumor has it. He has left the building. To play basketball at Izard County.

Nomad1324

October 19, 2017, 01:17:02 pm #4 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:47:04 pm by Nomad1324
Quote from: TBone70 on October 19, 2017, 09:37:12 am
Rumor has it. He has left the building. To play basketball at Izard County.

Wasn't he just a sophomore, and a pretty good baseball player, too?

UPDATE: Just saw on the basketball forum that it was the kid I was thinking about. Wow.

bigchief72455

And the woes continue for poor Highland.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Nomad1324 on October 19, 2017, 01:17:02 pm
Wasn't he just a sophomore, and a pretty good baseball player, too?

UPDATE: Just saw on the basketball forum that it was the kid I was thinking about. Wow.
Yep, this is what I had heard earlier this week as well.

etowneraser

Below are my predictions for this week.

Pocahontas at GOSNELL (20) While I would love to see my Redskins win, everything is pointing to a thumping at the hand of the Pirates.  I call them like I see them.
Brookland at TRUMANN (17)  Truman keeps their strong season going.
Cave City (2) at HIGHLAND  Cave City in a shocker.
JONESBORO WESTSIDE (14) at Harrisburg  How important will the Westside vs Pocahontas game be?

Etown

bigchief72455

Westside's last 2 games are going to be tough for them.

bigchief72455

Pocahontas needs to come out of Gosnell healthy. The qb situation at Highland will prove dire for the Rebels for the remainder of the season. The plus in the final week will be Pocahontas will be at home for Westside.
In other news the Jr. Skins won their conference last night and the Freshman are one win away from a perfect record from 7th grade to the end.

bigchief72455

That was closer than I thought. Wish we could get a couple of those turnovers back.

Ghs21

That was a good game. I only got to watch a little of it. Gosnell started off slow but I heard the defense had a lot of sacks

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 17, 2017, 02:44:55 pm
This is officially the week where playoff seeding starts to take shape. As of now, the playoff teams from the 3-4A are 1. Gosnell 2. Trumann 3. Pocahontas 4. Westside 5. Highland. No surprises there, but let's get to my thoughts on this week, which looks to have some fun matchups.
Pocahontas @ Gosnell: Which Pocahontas will show up? How will Gosnell do with a new OLineman and QB? Both teams are on a roll, but Gosnell's strength of schedule has been better. Both teams will probably have a first round home game, but will the NEA teams be good enough to prepare them for South Ark. powers. I think Gosnell's offense will control the outcome, but it will be close.
Pirates- 32 Redskins 27
Brookland @ Trumann: Last week, we all agreed that Harrisburg could compete with Trumann for a while. We were wrong. Brookland has more weapons than Harrisburg, and I'm gonna say again that Brookland can compete as long as they have the ball. I still think Trumann wins on Homecoming.
Wildcats- 41 Bearcats- 23
Westside @ Harrisburg: Westside has surprised some of us this year, and so has Harrisburg. The Hornets, with a win in two of their final three games, could be a playoff team. I think the experience of Westside prevails.
Warriors- 34 Hornets- 23
Cave City @ Highland: These two Sharp County rivals have had some intense games, but this year probably won't be one of those. If the Cavemen can control the clock on offense and run the ball, they can compete. A new Sophomore QB looks like a gem, but Highland has that pre-postseason drive.
Rebels- 45 Cavemen- 20

I believe you do a really good Job breaking down all the conference matchups, thanks

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 22, 2017, 03:07:25 pm
I believe you do a really good Job breaking down all the conference matchups, thanks
It's my pleasure, and when I started doing it last year, I never imagined I'd get as much input as I do

etowneraser

The Gosnell/Pocahontas game was one of the best I watched all season.  Pocahontas' defense came to play.  They just need to minimize the turnovers.

bigchief72455

Quote from: etowneraser on October 23, 2017, 09:10:59 am
The Gosnell/Pocahontas game was one of the best I watched all season.  Pocahontas' defense came to play.  They just need to minimize the turnovers.
The last two games should be good as well.

Csa17

I knew that would b a good game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas