• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BAUXITE VS FOUNTAIN LAKE

Started by Digger#23, October 11, 2017, 06:51:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger#23

Looking forward to attending this game on Friday.  No way FL is able to slow down the Bauxite backfield.  I predict 3 Bauxite backs getting 100+ yds rushing with Dabbs going over 200 on the night.

Oldbadger

Haven't seen Bauxite play, just know about what I read here and in the papers.  Fountain Lake has a few good athletes and will score on the Miners, but, I doubt also they will stop the Miners offense.  It may be a matter of who scores the most.

Digger#23

Both of the Johnson boys for FL are talented.  I went to all of the track meets in the spring and I've seen all of the Bauxite games for the past 4.5 years.  They are definitely legit and will vie for the conference title next year.

Beaver Fever

Haha... Wait til you get to the meat of the conference. 

Digger#23

-Mark-

Tonight's game will be broadcast on 92.9 KVRE FM out of Hot Springs Village and online at KVRE.com.

Good luck to both teams!

richboy

Goose0

Could be a close game if Ftn. Lake gets it going on offense.  If not Bauxite in a Mercy Rule.

BM22

Beaver Fever

Dream is over, good luck next three weeks.

RyanLR

bulldoghistorian

28-27, missed extra point or what? Sounds like an exciting finish?

Digger#23

Went for two with 4 minutes to go.  Bad call with playoffs on the line.  Eating my crow.  It was fun while it lasted. 

Digger#23

October 14, 2017, 02:32:40 am #14 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:34:45 am by Digger#23
Up 21-6 and choked it away. Conservative.  Top rusher only got 8 carries for the game.  Still got 93yds but what the heck.  Sad sad sad

nomorewhining

Wow. All that is so true. Should have kicked the extra point and played for overtime. Because the defense had been shutting them down all night. And nobody was tired. Best thing was to extend the game. Never should you go for 3 yards to win the game right then. And never should you give it to your leading rusher who only had 8 carries to try for those 3 yards. Amazing how this staff who was so good a week ago, suddenly just forgot how to Coach. They should all be fired. Or they should at least turn around and ask the daddies what they should do. You are 100% correct. Sad, sad, sad

BM22

October 14, 2017, 09:21:05 am #16 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:25:53 am by BM22
Quote from: Digger#23 on October 14, 2017, 02:26:57 am
Went for two with 4 minutes to go.  Bad call with playoffs on the line.  Eating my crow.  It was fun while it lasted.
Lol. Always a "bad call" when you don't convert the 2 point conversion but if you do convert it the coach is a hero and it was the greatest play call in history. I liked the call personally. Shows confidence in your players.

Digger#23

Thats the great thing about ppinions, we all have one.  I'll agree to disagree.  That two point play works 25 -30% of the time this season.  That's not a winning percentage.  The roulette table has better odds.  Get a clue dude and nobody said fire the coaches slick. 

Wonderdog

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 14, 2017, 09:53:31 am
Thats the great thing about ppinions, we all have one.  I'll agree to disagree.  That two point play works 25 -30% of the time this season.  That's not a winning percentage.  The roulette table has better odds.  Get a clue dude and nobody said fire the coaches slick.
Post #15 by nomorewhining.

Digger#23

You're right.  Blowing off steam.  Put a fork in me. Done.

FootBallar21

Good news for Bauxite is I think Malvern and Mena are better then Fountain Lake,  so they still have a shot,  but could come down to a crazy tie breaker between them and Malvern,  or potentially,  the 5th,6th ,7th and 8th seeds.  should be a fun finish.   

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 14, 2017, 05:16:58 pm
Good news for Bauxite is I think Malvern and Mena are better then Fountain Lake,  so they still have a shot,  but could come down to a crazy tie breaker between them and Malvern,  or potentially,  the 5th,6th ,7th and 8th seeds.  should be a fun finish.

beach bum

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 14, 2017, 05:16:58 pm
Good news for Bauxite is I think Malvern and Mena are better then Fountain Lake,  so they still have a shot,  but could come down to a crazy tie breaker between them and Malvern,  or potentially,  the 5th,6th ,7th and 8th seedsshould be a fun finish.

What is fun about a 2-5 conference record making it to the playoffs?? Sounds like fighting in the dumpster at a five star restaurant while the other guests are wining and dining inside. You will say anything to make your team sound relevant.

FBfan79

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 07:49:21 pm
What is fun about a 2-5 conference record making it to the playoffs?? Sounds like fighting in the dumpster at a five star restaurant while the other guests are wining and dining inside. You will say anything to make your team sound relevant.

All of that summed up... He is a homer

beach bum

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 14, 2017, 07:55:54 pm
All of that summed up... He is a homer

His post was a jab at Fountain Lake too instead of giving a team credit for finding a win to win a game that people did not think they would win coming into it. Fountain Lake really turned Bauxite's wonder season into a little bit of a plot twist. Honestly, a team can not keep hitting the jack pot winning every close game they play. I knew at some point the close games would go the other way for the Miners. Those close games usually come and go in your favor or tough losses eventually.

FBfan79

Oh I agree.. FL ran the ball on Bauxite.  They couldn't run the ball against the other teams.  Bauxite will struggle. 

As far as this guy, he's been wrong on nearly every prediction.  I love when he picks against the Cobras.

justafan33

Hind sight the extra point would've been nice, but if the lead back would've made his block the ball carrier would've walked in. Football is the game of inches. The Miners didn't show up with the physicality and focus they have had.  Uphill climb from here, but not counting them out.

noonerricky

The biggest thing with the conference is we know without a doubt the top 4 clearly separate from the bottom 4. I believe if you take the bottom 4 and matchup all season it could be very unpredictable who would win. Point being number 5 and number 8 are just as good as the other. Gonna be a very interesting 3 weeks coming up.

Brian G

Did Patton coach this past week?

noonerricky

Quote from: B.G. on October 15, 2017, 11:07:21 am
Did Patton coach this past week?

I didn't get to go this past Friday. I haven't heard anything from anyone at Bauxite

justafan33

Coach Patton coached last week and this week.  He hasn't missed a game with his boys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas