• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 Week 7

Started by nuttinbuthogs, October 09, 2017, 09:01:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttinbuthogs

Berryville @ Gravette..............Gravette by 28
Shiloh @ Gentry.....................Shiloh by 32
Huntsville @ Lincoln................Lincoln by 12
Prairie Grove @ Pea Ridge........PG by 11

RZback

Berryville @ Gravette..............Gravette by 35
Shiloh @ Gentry.....................Shiloh by 35
Huntsville @ Lincoln................Huntsville by 3
Prairie Grove @ Pea Ridge........Pea Ridge by 8

beach bum

Gravette by 42
Shiloh by 43
Lincoln by 6
Prairie Grove by 6

beach bum

October 10, 2017, 02:53:13 pm #3 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:55:30 pm by beach bum
I think a question about PG vs Pea Ridge is do you guys think this game will end up a defensive battle or a shoot out offensively? PG does not usually play shootouts and has a good defense along with maybe not having the speed like last year on offense so this may go against the grain, but I am going to say high scoring on both sides. I think Pea Ridge will get some big plays with their speed and I also on the other hand think PG will be able to run all night. PG does not usually win shootouts or even get in those type of games to begin with because of the style they play so that may not favor them if that happened. It's usually pretty cut and dry with them. Give up more than 30 and they lose. Give up less than 30 and they win.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on October 10, 2017, 02:53:13 pm
I think a question about PG vs Pea Ridge is do you guys think this game will end up a defensive battle or a shoot out offensively? PG does not usually play shootouts and has a good defense along with maybe not having the speed like last year on offense so this may go against the grain, but I am going to say high scoring on both sides. I think Pea Ridge will get some big plays with their speed and I also on the other hand think PG will be able to run all night. PG does not usually win shootouts or even get in those type of games to begin with because of the style they play so that may not favor them if that happened. It's usually pretty cut and dry with them. Give up more than 30 and they lose. Give up less than 30 and they win.

Against Shiloh PG found a way to win, run 8 times and lull the Defensive backs to sleep and pass on a big play.  It worked..  Curious on the comparisons of the Shiloh defense compared to the Pea Ridge defense.. Shiloh has some speed in the receiver spots but the QB (who is very athletic) just couldn't get in sync...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on October 10, 2017, 02:53:13 pm

If Holtgrewe and Witcher get open like the Shiloh WR's were I think they make the plays that the Saints couldn't and put up some points. IMO it depends on the PR defense, if they can slow down your running game they'll win. PG has had their number recently however, so I think the Blackhawks must get out to a quick start to build some confidence that they can actually beat PG.

I expect a close game with the score in the upper 20's.

prHOG13

I agree that it's going to be a shootout in Pea Ridge. PR is making some adjustments on D this week. PG has owned PR on the football field lately and PR is hungry for redemption. PR has to key on the TE in the passing game over the middle. PR linebackers are very solid. Need the DL to step it up in this one. Winn will get his, and Witcher will force PG to not be able to double cover Holtgrewe like last season, which resulted in 2 (nearly 3) pick sixes. PR will need to avoid those slow starts that they have shown to be susceptible to this year and keep their foot on the gas if they can jump out front early. PG has been king for a while, we'll see if PR has what it takes to dethrone them

RZback

PG has the better defense, PR has potentially the better offense.  Should be a good game and interesting to see what the coaches do to emphasize their strengths and contain their opponents.

RZback

Other important game is Lincoln vs Huntsville.  If Huntsville wins it would put Gentry in a good position for the 5 spot. If they loose It will come down to either the Lincoln and Gentry game  or possibly to tie breaker points.

nuttinbuthogs

I think Lincoln should beat Huntsville.  Lincoln offense is scoring points and I don't think Huntsville can keep up.

RZback

You guys will probably beat Huntsville.  Lincolns worry should be Gentry, they too can score points.  I doubt Lincoln will beat any of the rest. Not Shiloh and not Prairie Grove.  So a 4-6 or 3-7 year. 

whippersnapper

Big win for the wolves 35-28 over the eagles! Will be a big game Oct 27th Gentry @ Lincoln.
Senior WR Braden Umberson had 9 catches for 70 yards and 2 TDs (including the game winner) along with. 10 rushes for 73 yards. He is having a fantastic year so far. With 825 yards total on 73 touches and 10 TDs.

RZback

Looks like it will rest on the Gentry game.   So 3-7 or 4-6, one gets you into the playoffs the other will not. May be high scoring and come down to the best defense.

nuttinbuthogs

Gentry didn't score much this past week and I think Lincoln has the better offense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas