• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten--Week 7

Started by Mike Bonds, October 09, 2017, 02:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Arkadelphia
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Prairie Grove
8.  Booneville
9.  Batesville SS
10.  Riverview

Circling the poll:  Ozark, Shiloh Christian, Bauxite

Observations:  There isn't much separation at the top in 4A.  The top 5 teams are all extremely good, and Robinson goes to the top this week with wins over Arkadelphia and Nashville in consecutive weeks; the win over Arkadelphia was ugly, but the Senators beat the Scrappers handily.  Prairie Grove jumps into the poll again with a solid win over Shiloh Christian.  Carrying the flag for Northeast Arkansas is Batesville Southside and Riverview.  Undefeated Batesville Southside beat Riverview last week, but Riverview rebounded nicely with a win over Helena-West Helena--which still has a date at home with Southside in Week 9.  We're about to find out whether Dardanelle really deserves its much questioned spot in this poll, with critical road games looming at Booneville and at Ozark in Weeks 8 and 9.

cuckoobird

noonerricky

Wow ranking Ashdown number 2? With that weak schedule

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: noonerricky on October 09, 2017, 03:58:56 pm
I'm sure Mike doesn't mind if you put yours on here. Lets see it.

Mike Bonds

We're about to find out all about Ashdown in the next three weeks.  Losing their QB to an injury hurt, but they still have lots of athletes all over the field.  It'll get progressively harder for Ashdown at Nashville, at Arkadelphia, and hosting Robinson.  For the Panthers, at least they'll be the home team when Robinson makes a long drive down for the game.

MouthOfTheSouth215

Jealous much? Haha let's see your top ten

MouthOfTheSouth215

I would be questioning Dardanelle at 6 more than I ever would Ashdown at 2?

Lacerta agilis

Awww, poor Scooter still has that burning hatred for the Lizards. Bless his heart.

panther 65

I would have to switch Ashdown and Arky in your top ten. Ashdown will have ample opportunity to prove their self in the next three weeks.....brutal stretch coming up for the Panthers!

3 Dollar

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 09, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Arkadelphia
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Prairie Grove
8.  Booneville
9.  Batesville SS
10.  Riverview

Observations:  There isn't much separation at the top in 4A.  The top 5 teams are all extremely good, and Robinson goes to the top this week with wins over Arkadelphia and Nashville in consecutive weeks; the win over Arkadelphia was ugly, but the Senators beat the Scrappers handily.  Prairie Grove jumps into the poll again with a solid win over Shiloh Christian.  Carrying the flag for Northeast Arkansas is Batesville Southside and Riverview.  Undefeated Batesville Southside beat Riverview last week, but Riverview rebounded nicely with a win over Helena-West Helena--which still has a date at home with Southside in Week 9.  We're about to find out whether Dardanelle really deserves its much questioned spot in this poll, with critical road games looming at Booneville and at Ozark in Weeks 8 and 9.

Let's try this:

1...Prairie Grove
2...Joe T. Robinson
3...Pea Ridge
4...Warren
5...Ashdown
6...Arkadelphia
7...Shiloh Christian
8...Booneville
9...Batesville SS
10..Dardanelle

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: 3 Dollar on October 11, 2017, 05:36:04 am
Let's try this:

1...Prairie Grove
2...Joe T. Robinson
3...Pea Ridge
4...Warren
5...Ashdown
6...Arkadelphia
7...Shiloh Christian
8...Booneville
9...Batesville SS
10..Dardanelle

LOL

nastynice

The Nasty Top Ten:

1. Joe T
2. Warren
3. Arky
4. PG
5. Pea Ridge
6. Ashdown
7. Shiloh
8. Batesville SS
9. Dardy
10. Booneville

Lacerta agilis

The Nasty Top Ten looks pretty accurate to me.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 11, 2017, 07:08:43 am
The Nasty Top Ten looks pretty accurate to me.
No its missing something.

GOAT: Ozark JV
1. Joe T
2. Warren
3. Arky
4. PG
5. Pea Ridge
6. Ashdown
7. Shiloh
8. Batesville SS
9. Dardy
10. Booneville

FIFY

SUGARTOWN

You guys that posted top 10 rankings, I'm curious, how many of these top 10 teams have you actually seen? Either in person or a full game (not highlights) on video/online?

I've seen 6 of my Top 10 as of now, it will be 8 this time next week.

richboy

October 11, 2017, 12:50:45 pm #15 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:11:57 pm by richboy
Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 11, 2017, 08:01:29 am
No its missing something.

GOAT: Ozark JV
1. Joe T
2. Warren
3. Arky
4. PG
5. Pea Ridge
6. Ashdown
7. Shiloh
8. Batesville SS
9. Dardy
10. Booneville

FIFY
this about the funniest post 😂😂 no it's missing something, puts Ozark jv as the goat 😂

Nacho

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 09, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Arkadelphia
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Prairie Grove
8.  Booneville
9.  Batesville SS
10.  Riverview

Can we please wait until Friday night late before we do this (in bold) again....They're touting wins over Bauxite, Malvern & Mena and people are drooling? Now, if they win against Nashville I'll hang up & listen.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 02:27:03 pm
Can we please wait until Friday night late before we do this (in bold) again....They're touting wins over Bauxite, Malvern & Mena and people are drooling? Now, if they win against Nashville I'll hang up & listen.

Relax people. There are several teams in the top 10 with no real big win yet. Yes, I realize Ashdown lost their QB, if and when they lose they'll get dropped in the polls. These polls are based on team's current records, not what MAY happen later in the year.

Nacho

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2017, 02:57:05 pm
Relax people. There are several teams in the top 10 with no real big win yet. Yes, I realize Ashdown lost their QB, if and when they lose they'll get dropped in the polls. These polls are based on team's current records, not what MAY happen later in the year.

First, I'm a person not a people...also I'm not un-relaxed  ;D  My point is this: Ashdown keeps getting ranked high (disclaimer: I look forward to MB's picks every week) and realistically they haven't played a team that most of us consider the best in it's own conference! Now if they come out and win the next three weeks...then I'm wrong which isn't new.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 03:10:53 pm
First, I'm a person not a people...also I'm not un-relaxed  ;D  My point is this: Ashdown keeps getting ranked high (disclaimer: I look forward to MB's picks every week) and realistically they haven't played a team that most of us consider the best in it's own conference! Now if they come out and win the next three weeks...then I'm wrong which isn't new.

You're not the only one complaining about Ashdown, hence the "people" term. My point is, you could say the same thing about Booneville, Dardanelle and Riverview in the poll above. But everyone singles out Ashdown. Just trying to figure out why all the Ashdown hate...

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2017, 03:18:04 pm
You're not the only one complaining about Ashdown, hence the "people" term. My point is, you could say the same thing about Booneville, Dardanelle and Riverview in the poll above. But everyone singles out Ashdown. Just trying to figure out why all the Ashdown hate...

Because it's not nashville or Arkadelphia getting the "attention". Mostly arkadookie people whining.

Nacho

AirWarren

Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 03:37:49 pm
::)

Don't be upset. I'll put you at #1 in my poll.

We all get to see what you're made of in the real part of the season in about 4 weeks. Be patient.

Nacho

Thank you. Me and Ozark JV. Best day ever.

AirWarren

October 11, 2017, 03:46:56 pm #24 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:49:36 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 03:45:40 pm
Thank you. Me and Ozark JV. Best day ever.

You're welcome.

I'm hear to ensure "fairness" for the weak born after 1994 millennial.

Just ask Joshua poo from pea ridge.

Nacho

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 03:46:56 pm
You're welcome.

I'm hear to ensure "fairness" for the weak born after 1994 millennial.

You get another  ::) for that. I only wish I was born after '94.

AirWarren

Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 03:49:40 pm
You get another  ::) for that. I only wish I was born after '94.

Haha.

1985 baby and dang proud right here.

nastynice

October 11, 2017, 04:51:50 pm #27 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:08:26 pm by nastynice
'77

Lizard47

Spurfan

Yes its going to always something with rankings. Out of all the teams their are several teams who has played a weaker schedule. However, you can only play the teams in your conference whether they are good or bad. All of it is just opinion at the end of the day

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 03:50:11 pm
Haha.

I've got shoes older than that.

Big Fan

Big Fan

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 03:44:11 pm
Don’t be upset. I’ll put you at #1 in my poll.

We all get to see what you’re made of in the real part of the season in about 4 weeks. Be patient.

That can be said of your team also!  You may be to fat from all those cupcakes!lol

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 11, 2017, 06:18:45 pm
That can be said of your team also!  You may be to fat from all those cupcakes!lol

Shoo fly.

Nobody cares about arkadelphia.

Oldbadger

RyanLR

Arkadelphia is pretty cool they got a Taco Bell and stuff.

B&GT

Quote from: 3 Dollar on October 11, 2017, 05:36:04 am
Let's try this:

1...Prairie Grove
2...Joe T. Robinson
3...Pea Ridge
4...Warren
5...Ashdown
6...Arkadelphia
7...Shiloh Christian
8...Booneville
9...Batesville SS
10..Dardanelle

I'd love that, being from PG, but I just don't think it's realistic.

Oldbadger

October 11, 2017, 08:08:59 pm #38 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:10:43 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: RyanLR on October 11, 2017, 07:28:05 pm
Arkadelphia is pretty cool they got a Taco Bell and stuff.
Well, actually we don't, but, almost.  Its in Caddo Valley whose city limits abuts ours. But, for all practical purposes, we do.  On the other hand, we are (Caddo Valley) getting a Flying Burger.  We are excited about that.  Ate at the one in Magnolia and it was awesome. But, if you like Taco Bell, then so be it!lol We also have a new Baskin Robbins and Dunkin Donuts. lol We don't, however, have a cupcake house, that's in Warren!!!lol

Digger#23

I was at the Bauxite Ashdpwn game.  Ash looked more explosive without Hill.  It certainly showed up in the final stats.  Funny, I've read some posts on other threads stating that Ash had second teamers in on the Bauxite score.  That is totally false.  Bishop couldn't catch the Bauxite rb on that 80yd run.  Js

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 11, 2017, 08:08:59 pm
Well, actually we don't, but, almost.  Its in Caddo Valley whose city limits abuts ours. But, for all practical purposes, we do.  On the other hand, we are (Caddo Valley) getting a Flying Burger.  We are excited about that.  Ate at the one in Magnolia and it was awesome. But, if you like Taco Bell, then so be it!lol We also have a new Baskin Robbins and Dunkin Donuts. lol We don't, however, have a cupcake house, that's in Warren!!!lol

Warren has title(s) and relevance. Can you get that at dunkin?

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 09:02:03 pm
Warren has title(s) and relevance. Can you get that at dunkin?
Yes, they have a couple of those, also in baseball and track, and soccer, and volleyball, and golf, and not sure about basketball, also several in the Quiz Bowl, but those, and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee, also, to go with a donut!lol

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 03:35:51 pm
Because it's not nashville or Arkadelphia getting the "attention". Mostly arkadookie people whining.

Names of Arkadelphia people whining?

RyanLR

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 11, 2017, 08:08:59 pm
I dropped my buddy off down there to visit his girlfriend in what I thought was Arkadelphia but it was right off the freeway so you're right it was Caddo Valley. I live in the Heights in Little Rock so we have all the good spots here. Every time Catholic scores a TD (if I'm not at the Robinson game) I can hear the PA announcer from my house.

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 03:50:11 pm
Haha.

Dang I was playing peewee then. lol.

SUGARTOWN

Mike Bonds

October 13, 2017, 08:55:02 am #46 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:21:20 pm by Mike Bonds
Quote from: Nacho on October 11, 2017, 03:10:53 pm

Most high school football schedules are back-end-loaded, so this isn't really that unusual.  I'm not really sure why this is the case, but it seems to be.  We're also going to start getting the conference rivalry games going.  I think part of the reason why the rivalry games--at least, the ones that are still conference games--come so late has to do with the pre-playoff era tradition of playing rivalry games on Thanksgiving afternoon.  Once the playoff era began, football seasons moved up to earlier in the semester, but that tradition of playing your big rival late in the season continues to echo.

LineStepper

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 13, 2017, 08:32:59 am
Dang I was playing peewee then. lol.

I had a kid playing Pee Wee then.

RyanLR

Well Prairie Grove goes down and Ashdown loses to Nashville. It's getting wild and crazy!

AirWarren

Warren
Joe t.
Arkadelphia
Pea ridge

I believe these 4 are starting to separate themselves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas