• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 6A Top Ten--Week 7

Started by Mike Bonds, October 09, 2017, 01:52:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Benton
5.  Searcy
6.  El Dorado
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Russellville
9.  Texarakana
10.  Lake Hamilton

Observations:  Right now, the classification is Greenwood's to lose.  No one's really come close to the Bulldogs all season, but the glow is beginning to fade from the early victories over the Fort Smith schools and Alma, all of which are headed to disappointing/mediocre finishes.  The top 6 has everyone who has a chance to contend for a spot in the title game.  Things dissolve quickly after that.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 09, 2017, 01:52:38 pm
1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Benton
5.  Searcy
6.  El Dorado
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Russellville
9.  Texarakana
10.  Lake Hamilton

Observations:  Right now, the classification is Greenwood's to lose.  No one's really come close to the Bulldogs all season, but the glow is beginning to fade from the early victories over the Fort Smith schools and Alma, all of which are headed to disappointing/mediocre finishes.  The top 6 has everyone who has a chance to contend for a spot in the title game.  Things dissolve quickly after that.

Two pretty good wins recently.  Big win on the road at Texarkana, and the complete dismantling of ElDorado. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 09, 2017, 01:54:35 pm
Two pretty good wins recently.  Big win on the road at Texarkana, and the complete dismantling of ElDorado. 

Agree.  To me, Greenwood has clear separation as the top team in 6A.  My point was that those initial wins over Northside, Southside, and Alma looked huge 3 weeks into the season.  Now, those teams aren't looking so good. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 09, 2017, 02:56:38 pm
Agree.  To me, Greenwood has clear separation as the top team in 6A.  My point was that those initial wins over Northside, Southside, and Alma looked huge 3 weeks into the season.  Now, those teams aren't looking so good. 

Yes, I understood your point.  My point was that, even though those wins may not be looking as good as they did because of those teams current record, the last two wins were against as good if not better opponents that those aforementioned. 

FootBallar21

Yeah I don't see after the last  2 weeks you can say any glow is fading lol .   Maybe if they struggled recently, you could point back to those first couple wins and say, well those wins weren't that good and now with the recent struggles they aren't that great.   But you can't say that and this team seems hungry and have been there before and I don't see anyone playing them close for 4 Quarters in 6A,  maybe in the state! 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2017, 03:04:04 pm
Yeah I don't see after the last  2 weeks you can say any glow is fading lol .   Maybe if they struggled recently, you could point back to those first couple wins and say, well those wins weren't that good and now with the recent struggles they aren't that great.   But you can't say that and this team seems hungry and have been there before and I don't see anyone playing them close for 4 Quarters in 6A,  maybe in the state! 

I see Benton giving us a tough game, I think PB is pretty good as they usually are.  West Memphis and Jonesboro are both good this year, just don't know much about them.  I will say that I've not seen a Greenwood team in the past 3 or 4 years be as disciplined and hungry as this team has been this year.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2017, 03:04:04 pm

I didn't say that Greenwood's glow was fading.  I said the opposite of that; my only point being that those first three wins aren't as impressive in retrospect.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 09, 2017, 03:08:11 pm
I see Benton giving us a tough game, I think PB is pretty good as they usually are.  West Memphis and Jonesboro are both good this year, just don't know much about them.  I will say that I've not seen a Greenwood team in the past 3 or 4 years be as disciplined and hungry as this team has been this year.

I don't see Jonesboro hanging with Greenwood very long.  The other three, maybe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas