• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prairie Grove @ Pea Ridge: The battle for the 4A-1 conference title

Started by prHOG13, October 06, 2017, 11:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

I thoroughly look forward to the riveting analysis that beach bum is going to provide this week

Both teams 6-0

Let's do this

sportsguy80

I may go and check this one out. Definitely deep playoff atmosphere type of game.

cuckoobird

Tigerdad2

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 06, 2017, 11:27:59 pm
I thoroughly look forward to the riveting analysis that beach bum is going to provide this week

Both teams 6-0

Let's do this

-Prairie Grove 35 Pea Ridge 21

-Shiloh Christian 42 Pea Ridge 34

-Pea Ridge 3rd place

-If Gravette ran all over you then PG gets 450 on the ground against you

dukes424

Pea Ridge by two Touchdowns over Prairie Grove, they won't stop us that many times in the redzone.  Does anyone know how many times Shiloh was in the redzone without scoring?

Sports Guru

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2017, 04:00:51 am
-Prairie Grove 35 Pea Ridge 21

-Shiloh Christian 42 Pea Ridge 34

-Pea Ridge 3rd place

-If Gravette ran all over you then PG gets 450 on the ground against you
O'Brien ran for 204 yards against Prairie Grove, but we can ignore that

beach bum

At the rate of Pea Ridge giving up 30 points a game the last 2 weeks..... I'll be surprised if PG doesn't score at least 60 on the Blackhawks.

POTUS

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2017, 01:25:37 pm
At the rate of Pea Ridge giving up 30 points a game the last 2 weeks..... I'll be surprised if PG doesn't score at least 60 on the Blackhawks.

TIL you can have phones on the short bus

beach bum

Quote from: POTUS on October 07, 2017, 04:44:13 pm
TIL you can have phones on the short bus

You'll have to come up with something better than that.... The only thing short about this discussion is how Pea Ridge always comes up short when they need a big win in this conference.

cuckoobird

beach bum

RZback

Game has potential to be a great one. Two unbeatens, yet largely untested, (look at the records of the teams they have played) to battle it out for 1st in the conference.  It will be the playoffs before they see another opponent as good they play on Friday.

dukes424

Beach bum plays the flute. Cuckobird is a broke down machine fan

RyanLR

I've been watching videos of that Drew Winn kid on Maxpreps and DANG!!! That dude can play at the next level somewhere.

beach bum

Quote from: dukes424 on October 07, 2017, 08:25:43 pm
Beach bum plays the flute. Cuckobird is a broke down machine fan

No musical abilities here, just blatant straight forward analysis....  And that machine has more state titles than you will ever win conference titles.

beach bum

Quote from: RyanLR on October 08, 2017, 01:03:45 am
I've been watching videos of that Drew Winn kid on Maxpreps and DANG!!! That dude can play at the next level somewhere.

He is a great player...  And his brother was putting up records at the DIII level cause he was so fast too.... Having two insanely fast brothers spaced perfectly out has done well for that program.

dukes424

Nice compliment on a couple Ridge players Bum.  I can say I am proud of them - Dayt (oldest brother) just won the Murmaid Bowl yesterday playing with the Copenhagen Towers in Denmark  and was voted MVP of the Danish Professional football league for this year and will be home next wednesday so he will be at the game to cheer little bro and company on. He broke his nose in yesterdays game in the 1st quarter but finished the game with a crooked nose. They had to reset it last night. He has four offers for next season to play pro ball overseas - Germany, Finland, Denmark and Spain.   Drew is excited about the upcoming game with PG and knows we gotta bring it to win. He currently has 8 division II offers and one DI offer so he will be playing somewhere next year.   So Beach Bum how confident are you PG is gonna come in and win in Pea Ridge by double digits? 

beach bum

Quote from: dukes424 on October 08, 2017, 12:21:19 pm
Nice compliment on a couple Ridge players Bum.  I can say I am proud of them - Dayt (oldest brother) just won the Murmaid Bowl yesterday playing with the Copenhagen Towers in Denmark  and was voted MVP of the Danish Professional football league for this year and will be home next wednesday so he will be at the game to cheer little bro and company on. He broke his nose in yesterdays game in the 1st quarter but finished the game with a crooked nose. They had to reset it last night. He has four offers for next season to play pro ball overseas - Germany, Finland, Denmark and Spain.   Drew is excited about the upcoming game with PG and knows we gotta bring it to win. He currently has 8 division II offers and one DI offer so he will be playing somewhere next year.   So Beach Bum how confident are you PG is gonna come in and win in Pea Ridge by double digits?

Ok, as much as I like to smack talk my honest feeling about the game is that I really think PG will move the ball on Pea Ridge. However, I think Pea Ridge is going to do the same against the Tigers better than they have the previous two years. That is in part cause PG doesn't have a speedster of the type like the WR/CB they had last year and just the overall speed is not on Pea Ridge's level. I think the winner is going to probably need 40 this time to win the ball game which would be unusual in this match up over the years for both teams to score a bunch, but I think that is what is going to happen here. There is no questioning or debate that Pea Ridge has the skill player advantage. How much will the physical line play and running game assert things here for PG will be the key to if PG can win. Also, if Pea Ridge has a bad night with penalties that won't bode well against PG's fundamental defense. I honestly lean that this will be a one score game and the confidence meter is not as high as the previous two years before the game...... And trust me if you all win Friday night I'll be on here to take my butt whooping and eat crow all night  ;D .... I won't run and you all can have free jabs all night that I deserve.

dukes424

prHOG13

Well I'll be dang

We got an honest answer out of beach bum

I don't know what to do with my hands

cuckoobird

If honesty is what you want, I'll give it to you. PR doesn't have a chance

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: dukes424 on October 07, 2017, 10:21:32 am
Pea Ridge by two Touchdowns over Prairie Grove, they won't stop us that many times in the redzone.  Does anyone know how many times Shiloh was in the redzone without scoring?

I think Shiloh Had 8 turnovers with 5 being turnover on downs in the red zone... It was unreal... Crazy how with that stat they were up by 1 in the 4th... Then I think they turned over on downs in the 4th and threw a pick 6....  I don't think the 1-4A will fair very well in the playoffs.  PG found a way to win but that was not the team of the past few season at all...

$aintMaximu$

Pea Ridge seems to be under performing to their potential, they should win this game but anything can happen.  I will go with Pea Ridge by 8....

So then it sets up an interesting scenario if Shiloh beats PR.... 3 way tie?

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2017, 07:37:35 am
Pea Ridge seems to be under performing to their potential, they should win this game but anything can happen.  I will go with Pea Ridge by 8....

So then it sets up an interesting scenario if Shiloh beats PR.... 3 way tie?
Gonna come down to tiebreaker points in that scenario. I don't foresee the top 3 all having margin of victories over 13 points.

RZback

Close game and depends on turnovers, penalties and unforced errors.  If PR can play 4 quarters without turnovers, killing their own drives and solid defense they win, but I think something like 37-28.  Yeah lots of what ifs!
If they don't they loose.  If PG can control the LOS and throw for 100+ they win.  I think the PR defense will do well if they play aggressively and don't give up long scoring plays. 
PG is the more physical team but not PG of last couple of years and I don't think their OL is as good as its been.
Should be a good one.  PG win would be something like 42-32.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

After playing both teams last year and looking at the other teams up and coming players, I have to give the nod to PG. They had several big ole boys that seemed to fit their style of play. Warren got out on top and they had to abandon their style of play. If they can control the line of scrimmage like they were supposed to, PG 42-28. If PG can't contain Winn, flip the score PR 42-28

bilboswaggins

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2017, 07:33:04 am
I think Shiloh Had 8 turnovers with 5 being turnover on downs in the red zone... It was unreal... Crazy how with that stat they were up by 1 in the 4th... Then I think they turned over on downs in the 4th and threw a pick 6....  I don't think the 1-4A will fair very well in the playoffs.  PG found a way to win but that was not the team of the past few season at all...

PG had horrible field position the whole game. This contributed to SC scoring and why they were in the red zone so many times. PG's offense isn't as good as last year, their defense is better.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 09, 2017, 12:19:43 pm
PG had horrible field position the whole game. This contributed to SC scoring and why they were in the red zone so many times. PG's offense isn't as good as last year, their defense is better.

To me the PG D line wasn't getting anywhere near the push of the last couple years and the SC receivers were beating PG every time  on the deep ball... The QB just couldn't connect but the opportunity was there.  The short passes worked but as the field got smaller and more crowded the playbook was limited.   Shiloh had to score on a big play or move down the field and turn it over.  Shiloh did have good field position as a result of some big returns but PG put an end to that with kicking out of bounds...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 09, 2017, 12:53:21 pm
To me the PG D line wasn't getting anywhere near the push of the last couple years and the SC receivers were beating PG every time  on the deep ball... The QB just couldn't connect but the opportunity was there.  The short passes worked but as the field got smaller and more crowded the playbook was limited.   Shiloh had to score on a big play or move down the field and turn it over.  Shiloh did have good field position as a result of some big returns but PG put an end to that with kicking out of bounds...

Just watched this game. Wow, SC has to be kicking themselves about losing this game. It appeared they had the upper hand for 3 1/2 qtrs but couldn't close the deal.

And on another note, it seems PG runs the same 5-6 plays, so why do they always have trouble getting the play sent in on time?  :D

nastynice

Wish this game was a little closer, I'd love to see it. Should be a great game and can see it going either way.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2017, 02:43:43 pm
Just watched this game. Wow, SC has to be kicking themselves about losing this game. It appeared they had the upper hand for 3 1/2 qtrs but couldn't close the deal.

And on another note, it seems PG runs the same 5-6 plays, so why do they always have trouble getting the play sent in on time?  :D

For sure, it's a game that watching I thought SC would win and would eventually pull away.  All the turnovers, receivers open on the deep ball all night, PG wasn't moving the ball, etc  and Shiloh was still up by 1 in the 4th...  Shiloh  Lost but I wouldn't be concerned playing that game again in the least bit...  If Pea Ridge will play to their potential they should win.

Nacho

Is this game live streamed? I feel like one of these does that but wasn't sure.

SUGARTOWN

prHOG13

Quote from: Nacho on October 10, 2017, 08:42:17 am
Is this game live streamed? I feel like one of these does that but wasn't sure.
PR only does away games now

livingwithcause

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2017, 08:46:34 am
Prairie Grove does: http://pgtelco.com/?q=prairie-grove-sports

We will be streaming the game. Either the link above or search for pgtigersonline on Youtube and can watch it there also.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 09, 2017, 02:43:43 pm

Havent watched the game, did PG have any delay of games?  Their offense is similar to ours in that you burn all the time you can on every snap.  Which leads to barely getting the play off many times.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2017, 10:26:31 am
Havent watched the game, did PG have any delay of games?  Their offense is similar to ours in that you burn all the time you can on every snap.  Which leads to barely getting the play off many times.

I don't think they did. And it's not that they were just burning clock, they had to rush up to the line a few times and snap it quickly to avoid a penalty.

Stealthfan

Abshier indeed has something special going on at PG.  However, I'm afraid the law of averages will catch up to them this week.  Gravette and
Shiloh should both have beaten PG with the amount of times each were in scoring position.  Not to take anything away from the sheer grit PG showed on defense in the red zone, but a certain amount of that comes down to timing and chance.  Field goals would have beaten them the past two weeks.  I won't be completely surprised to see it happen again this week, but I certainly don't expect the same 3 weeks in a row. 

B&GT

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 11, 2017, 11:57:07 am
Abshier indeed has something special going on at PG.  However, I'm afraid the law of averages will catch up to them this week.  Gravette and
Shiloh should both have beaten PG with the amount of times each were in scoring position.  Not to take anything away from the sheer grit PG showed on defense in the red zone, but a certain amount of that comes down to timing and chance.  Field goals would have beaten them the past two weeks. I won't be completely surprised to see it happen again this week, but I certainly don't expect the same 3 weeks in a row. 

PG beat Gravette by 24. I don't think they had the opportunity to attempt all nine field goals it would take to overcome that deficit.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 11, 2017, 11:57:07 am
Shiloh should both have beaten PG with the amount of times each were in scoring position.  Not to take anything away from the sheer grit PG showed on defense in the red zone, but a certain amount of that comes down to timing and chance.  Field goals would have beaten them the past two weeks.  I won't be completely surprised to see it happen again this week, but I certainly don't expect the same 3 weeks in a row.

Please explain the law of averages to us.

prHOG13

Quote from: B&GT on October 11, 2017, 08:12:57 pm
PG beat Gravette by 24. I don't think they had the opportunity to attempt all nine field goals it would take to overcome that deficit.
Think they had 4 turnovers in the redzone

Stealthfan

B&GT

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 11, 2017, 09:15:08 pm
Think they had 4 turnovers in the redzone

I stand by my statement. It's a worrying statistic, though. Folks are saying PG's defense is a little improved from last year, but I'm not sure I agree.

beach bum

PG has always been good at red zone defense.... Going all the way back to the 2012 semifinal season when they only allowed 27 regular season points. They had a ton of red zone stops that year too including a few in their 31-0 victory against 2nd place Pea Ridge that year. The older Winn had like 200 on the ground but still the Hawks could not get in the end zone that night when the field condensed in the red zone. PG and Pea Ridge both kept having good drives and neither finishing them until PG burst out in the 3rd quarter that night. That season was the beginning of the Hawks run they have had for sure. Sounds like that game was similar to the last two Fridays for PG. I really can not put an exact reasoning why PG has always been good at red zone defense but they have been. You have to strike fast on them like Warren did last year. 4 vertical routes worked all night for Warren. Different players and same coach on the defensive side of the ball for PG tells me some of that has to be Laird's scheme.

B&GT

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2017, 11:06:45 pm
PG has always been good at red zone defense.... Going all the way back to the 2012 semifinal season when they only allowed 27 regular season points. They had a ton of red zone stops that year too including a few in their 31-0 victory against 2nd place Pea Ridge that year. The older Winn had like 200 on the ground but still the Hawks could not get in the end zone that night when the field condensed in the red zone. PG and Pea Ridge both kept having good drives and neither finishing them until PG burst out in the 3rd quarter that night. That season was the beginning of the Hawks run they have had for sure. Sounds like that game was similar to the last two Fridays for PG. I really can not put an exact reasoning why PG has always been good at red zone defense but they have been. You have to strike fast on them like Warren did last year. 4 vertical routes worked all night for Warren. Different players and same coach on the defensive side of the ball for PG tells me some of that has to be Laird's scheme.

That's a fair point. Also a lot of Shiloh's trips to the red zone weren't on the D.

RZback

PG is and has been a very physical team team a physical mentality for a while.  That is so key to winning and particularly when you are a run oriented team.  Some of the spread mentality teams have problems with that physical mentality, both playing against it and managing to promote it within their own teams. 
It's a definite edge for PG. When you believe you are bad a$#, you play like it. 

nastynice

Quote from: RZback on October 12, 2017, 01:26:31 pm
PG is and has been a very physical team team a physical mentality for a while.  That is so key to winning and particularly when you are a run oriented team.  Some of the spread mentality teams have problems with that physical mentality, both playing against it and managing to promote it within their own teams. 
It's a definite edge for PG. When you believe you are bad a$#, you play like it.

Well put.......For some reason I think The Ridge will pull it off this year.

Ridge. 34
Grove. 27

Stealthfan

Note to PR:  You will move the ball on PG.  Don't be greedy. Kick a FG on 4th down when in range.  You will win. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas