• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who you got PINE BLUFF or JONESBORO

Started by 2000ZEBRA, October 01, 2017, 07:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

ZEBRAS By 7 in a close matchup, if we can stop they one pass play that they run very well ZEBRAS should would

High Voltage

T-Bone

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 01, 2017, 07:42:00 am
ZEBRAS By 7 in a close matchup, if we can stop they one pass play that they run very well ZEBRAS should would

The only thing I don't like about this game is Pine Bluff has home advantage.  Should be a good game on both sides. 

T-Bone

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 10:59:13 am
Pine Bluff by 20+

I don't agree but it is always fun going into a match with a few thinking your the underdog.

The Future

zebrafan

Quote from: The Future on October 01, 2017, 11:52:21 am
Hmmm call me crazy.

Jonesboro by 3
Wouldn't really be crazy, going with the Z's by 1.

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on October 01, 2017, 02:24:59 pm
Wouldn't really be crazy, going with the Z's by 1.

Yeah, I don't think either team is a juggernaut, Jonesboro is just now getting their offense into gear, it took awhile to adjust without Adams and Orsbey. Losing their Thunder of "Thunder and Lightning" at RB last Wednesday in practice to an ACL injury was a big setback. Hopefully it's an injury free game.

High Voltage

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 03:37:33 pm
Yeah, I don't think either team is a juggernaut, Jonesboro is just now getting their offense into gear, it took awhile to adjust without Adams and Orsbey. Losing their Thunder of "Thunder and Lightning" at RB last Wednesday in practice to an ACL injury was a big setback. Hopefully it's an injury free game.
Well that's not good!

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 03:37:33 pm
We lost ours before the season, ricepig how is the Canes defense?

T-Bone

Quote from: zebrafan on October 01, 2017, 03:49:13 pm

A lot better than when they played Conway.

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on October 01, 2017, 03:49:13 pm

I've only watched them a couple of times, the front 7 is pretty good, as usual our secondary is our weak spot. It's better than last year's, haha.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Mike Bonds

The Zebras should be the favorite in this one.

I've seen Jonesboro play one time and the Golden Hurricane was the road team.  I was really surprised by how few people Jonesboro brought.  The band wasn't even there, which was fairly shocking to me.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 01:05:31 pm

I've seen Jonesboro play one time and the Golden Hurricane was the road team.  I was really surprised by how few people Jonesboro brought.  The band wasn't even there, which was fairly shocking to me.

Well if you're bringing bands into it...............I'm changing my pick to PB!!!

zebradynasty

Hard game to predict. The Z's OL has been improving but hard to tell how much because of the recent level of competition. Passing game is getting better just have not been consistent running the ball (part OL part injuries at RB). The Defense has been very solid. I suspect this will be the first team we've faced this year that has a decent passing game. Our secondary is experienced and overall solid and our LB's are as good as you'll find in 6A. If the Z's come out and be physical we should be OK.   

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 01:05:31 pm

Yeah, I base my pick on whether the band shows up.........

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 02:04:02 pm

I had your boys picked until we started talking about the Bands and all.........

Mike Bonds

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 02:04:02 pm

<sigh>

That was a commentary over the apparent lack of support for the program--a program which has been pretty decent over the last few seasons.

Message boards is hard.

PrivateLesson

True......I love the Band!    8)   

Going with PB by a TD. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

What's vegas saying about the PB vs Jonesoboro Band matchup?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 02:12:43 pm
<sigh>

That was a commentary over the apparent lack of support for the program--a program which has been pretty decent over the last few seasons.

Message boards is hard.

We're just razzin ya Mike!

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 02:12:43 pm
<sigh>

Message boards is hard.

Then you haven't been around Jonesboro much. First, our band is only required to go to one out of town game, usually they choose to go to WM when we are the visitors, no telling where they'll go this year. Jonesboro doesn't travel well, never has, now they will for the basketball finals in Hot Springs, but anywhere else is usually pretty sparse. Again, they'll go to WM if it's a big time game. I'm surprised Conway is keeping the game, I'm sure they'd like someone who will bring a crowd a lot better.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 03:40:47 pm
Then you haven't been around Jonesboro much. First, our band is only required to go to one out of town game, usually they choose to go to WM when we are the visitors, no telling where they'll go this year. Jonesboro doesn't travel well, never has, now they will for the basketball finals in Hot Springs, but anywhere else is usually pretty sparse. Again, they'll go to WM if it's a big time game. I'm surprised Conway is keeping the game, I'm sure they'd like someone who will bring a crowd a lot better.

I've seen Jonesboro lots of times, and you're right, they don't travel for football.  It's always been a basketball-first kind of place.  I always assumed it was because the football team wasn't very good for a long time.  Now that they're consistently winning (and I've always thought Jonesboro was a sleeping giant, football-wise), I was just surprised not to see more folks make the trip.

Interesting about the band.  I wonder if that's because of the travel times.  Outside of Marion, West Memphis, and Searcy, there are some long travel times in there. 

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 04:44:55 pm
I've seen Jonesboro lots of times, and you're right, they don't travel for football.  It's always been a basketball-first kind of place.  I always assumed it was because the football team wasn't very good for a long time.  Now that they're consistently winning (and I've always thought Jonesboro was a sleeping giant, football-wise), I was just surprised not to see more folks make the trip.

Interesting about the band.  I wonder if that's because of the travel times.  Outside of Marion, West Memphis, and Searcy, there are some long travel times in there.

No from what I understand, it's budget oriented, lol. The band wants the athletic department to pay for their travel out of the athletic budget. They use their budget to go to 3-4 band competitions on Saturdays.

OB11

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 04:44:55 pm

I am not a native of Jonesboro but have been here for several years and was really surprised by the seeming lack of fan support for football. But when you combine the fact that the program was down for a while and being a "basketball" school, it makes more sense. From what I've seen, the fan support has grown in recent years.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 04:53:16 pm
No from what I understand, it's budget oriented, lol. The band wants the athletic department to pay for their travel out of the athletic budget. They use their budget to go to 3-4 band competitions on Saturdays.

Why hasn't the school Board taken action to force the Band Director's hand? IMO the band should always be required to attend away football games if weather isn't a problem.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 03, 2017, 01:07:15 pm
Why hasn't the school Board taken action to force the Band Director's hand? IMO the band should always be required to attend away football games if weather isn't a problem.

Nobody cares about your opinion, and nobody cares if the band shows up. They play when we have the ball, take off about 1/4 and a half, and have cost us delay of game penalties by playing to long at halftime. The only good thing having the band there is the 200+ parents and siblings that come to the game and stay until the halftime performance is over, lol.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2017, 01:24:30 pm
Nobody cares about your opinion, and nobody cares if the band shows up. They play when we have the ball, take off about 1/4 and a half, and have cost us delay of game penalties by playing to long at halftime. The only good thing having the band there is the 200+ parents and siblings that come to the game and stay until the halftime performance is over, lol.

Sounds more like no-one cares about the football team.

ricepig

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 03, 2017, 01:36:30 pm
Sounds more like no-one cares about the football team.

Those that care show up, seems pretty simple.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

zebradynasty

Matter of priorities some schools the band is not a focal point.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 03, 2017, 02:46:37 pm
Matter of priorities some schools the band is not a focal point.

Oh, our band does very well in completions, etc, they just don't travel to ballgames. I think they come to the home games to practice on their shows for competitions. They've had a minimum of two US Army All Americans for as long as I can remember.  Anyway, back to the game, it will be interesting to see how Jonesboro does on the road, it wasn't pretty at Conway last road game.

High Voltage

Well, with all of this new info I a now taking Pine Bluff by 37 points! Dang band anyway ;D

T-Bone

Quote from: High Voltage on October 03, 2017, 03:43:39 pm
Well, with all of this new info I a now taking Pine Bluff by 37 points! Dang band anyway ;D

It only takes the players and coaches on the field.  Band is good and fun to watch but not a must in a football game.  Win or lose Jonesboro will come to play.  Conway game was a great eye opener and we were not ready for a butt kicking like that.  We will compete now.

zebradynasty

Quote from: High Voltage on October 03, 2017, 03:43:39 pm

IF that were to happen it would pretty much answer all my questions and concerns for the season. Seriously, we lack the explosiveness that we had in the past.

Lumberjackfan1978

sheepdawg92

ClutchFactor62

Jonesboro by 10 in a high scoring game.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on October 04, 2017, 09:37:36 am
Jonesboro by 10 in a high scoring game.

I don't see a high scoring game (barring turnovers) unless Jonesboro has a really good passing game.

High Voltage

Quote from: T-Bone on October 03, 2017, 06:02:05 pm
It only takes the players and coaches on the field.  Band is good and fun to watch but not a must in a football game.  Win or lose Jonesboro will come to play.  Conway game was a great eye opener and we were not ready for a butt kicking like that.  We will compete now.
Yeah I get that lol, the band part was a joke!

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 04, 2017, 10:08:14 am
I don't see a high scoring game (barring turnovers) unless Jonesboro has a really good passing game.

Pretty sure that's their bread and butter

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 04, 2017, 10:08:14 am

Average a little over 250 yards a game if you throw out the Batesville game in the effects of the hurricane, 214/game with it. The rush for a little over 336/game.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on October 04, 2017, 10:52:15 am
Average a little over 250 yards a game if you throw out the Batesville game in the effects of the hurricane, 214/game with it. The rush for a little over 336/game.

We will be in trouble if Jonesboro runs for 336. Our run defense is pretty good.

PrivateLesson

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2017, 01:24:30 pm

Like I said, it sounds like Jonesboro has a Band Director problem that the School Board needs to straighten out.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 04, 2017, 12:19:36 pm
Like I said, it sounds like Jonesboro has a Band Director problem that the School Board needs to straighten out.

I believe all those involved are aware and ok with the situation, but thanks for putting your worthless $.02 in, it's added a lot.

ricepig

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 04, 2017, 11:56:31 am
You think Jonesboro is going to give up a 2 pt conversion?

Probably a couple, I doubt PB had a kicker.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 04, 2017, 11:30:06 am
We will be in trouble if Jonesboro runs for 336. Our run defense is pretty good.
Oh, if they do, Jonesboro wins going away, haha. We're more likely to throw for 336, than to run the 250 against PB.

urban legend2

Haven't seen Jonesboro this year, anxious to see. Should be a good test for PB's defense, particularly their secondary. I think the offense has improved since letting Cabot off the hook in Week 1, but it looks like Jonesboro has gotten better, too.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on October 04, 2017, 01:52:52 pm
Oh, if they do, Jonesboro wins going away, haha. We're more likely to throw for 336, than to run the 250 against PB.

Which QB has been starting this year for JHS?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas