• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:41:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins it this year

Earle
10 (50%)
Jacksonville Lighthouse
1 (5%)
Lavaca
1 (5%)
Clarendon
2 (10%)
Bearden
1 (5%)
WCC
4 (20%)
other
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 10:41:33 am

BigMan15

Can anyone beat Earle this year?

NWA Hawg

trojanman

They can be beat. the question is will they?

BigMan15

They are tough, infact id take them over any 3A or 4A team.

Ctucker

WCC plays EARLE twice in the regualar season I guess we will see how we stack up!

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Does lighthouse have anyone left? One of the star freshman went to NLR and the other went to another 7a school...

Ctucker

Home and away  dates are on max preps

BigMan15

I heard Davis stayed at Lighthouse?

NEABallftw

Davis stayed at Lighthouse, team won't be nearly as good but they will run that Coach Parker Offense and win some games

BirdCall

Davis the best player in the 2A and will lead them to the state championship game and don't call it a upset when they win at the end. Earle is tough but its time for them to be knocked off the mountain.

hogman1886

I heard PC has a couple of boys who didn't play last year because they didn't like the coach? Heard they could easily be starters. Does anyone know much about the PC team this year?

trojanman

shhhhh... lol they havent had tryouts yet in PC due to having the new coach and several kids who want to play still being in football. I think they have 8-12 in off season right now and working hard from what I'm told. All roads lead through the bears in the south but I think our boys ready to take down the kings of the south.

bear for life

Wishful thinking trojans bears roll

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 03, 2017, 11:44:36 am
Davis the best player in the 2A and will lead them to the state championship game and don't call it a upset when they win at the end. Earle is tough but its time for them to be knocked off the mountain.
thats funny they had both last year and didn't even get close so what makes you think they have a chance Earle will thrash them and so will a few other teams in 2a

BigLion10

Thought they made it to semis last year. With that being said I don't think they have that same success this seasom

Ctucker

Yes your right they got a bye and beat EPC by 2 then Earle beat them pretty good.

MomaLion

From what I saw last year, the lack of discipline will be their downfall.  Davis can only carry them so far.

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on October 16, 2017, 12:56:55 am
From what I saw last year, the lack of discipline will be their downfall. Davis can only carry them so far.
So how much discipline are two of the best freshmen in the state suppose to have when all the weight of winning is on there shoulders night in and night out. Just asking

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 16, 2017, 12:30:34 pm
So how much discipline are two of the best freshmen in the state suppose to have when all the weight of winning is on there shoulders night in and night out. Just asking
Hey, if you can't play with the big dogs, get off the porch.  Basketball is a team sport, there's no place for ball hogs.

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on October 16, 2017, 11:24:37 pm
Hey, if you can't play with the big dogs, get off the porch.  Basketball is a team sport, there's no place for ball hogs.
Doakes transferred back to Lighthouse from North Little Rock so Earle will have a test this year in state. Both Davis and Doakes got wiser and better over the summer. It's not ball hogging when you can score at will. When you have game like they do you tend to take the shots you want not the shots the defense is giving you. Lighthouse also has some other key players that will help carry the load this year. 

old.dole

This legal to bounce back and forth?

Ctucker

Never seen them score at will I'm not sure but we beat them I think they only scored 40 something. And if you transfer after your freshman year you have to sit ayear by the rules!

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 18, 2017, 10:44:45 am
Doakes transferred back to Lighthouse from North Little Rock so Earle will have a test this year in state. Both Davis and Doakes got wiser and better over the summer. It's not ball hogging when you can score at will. When you have game like they do you tend to take the shots you want not the shots the defense is giving you. Lighthouse also has some other key players that will help carry the load this year.
Then they should have no problem with discipline.  How are the transfer rules going to affect his eligibility?
And btw, he has more than Earle to worry about.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on October 18, 2017, 01:33:41 pm
Never seen them score at will I'm not sure but we beat them I think they only scored 40 something. And if you transfer after your freshman year you have to sit ayear by the rules!

We beat them as well.  They aren't as great as they'd like everyone to think.  Now if they learned some discipline, they would be.

thebigman3

Quote from: MomaLion on October 18, 2017, 11:45:15 pm
Then they should have no problem with discipline.  How are the transfer rules going to affect his eligibility?
And btw, he has more than Earle to worry about.
So is Doakes Ineligible or not?

MomaLion

It's been posted that AAA ruled him ineligible 

BirdCall

Quote from: MomaLion on October 18, 2017, 11:46:47 pm
We beat them as well.  They aren't as great as they'd like everyone to think.  Now if they learned some discipline, they would be.
Did Malik Monk have discipline just asking?

BirdCall

Tired of people talking about discipline lace your sneakers up head up against them and watch those guys eat you alive simple as that. A couple of other teams might have beat them last year too but did you make as far as they did in the state tournament? I think not. 2 "Freshmen" carried a team to state and loss to the eventual state champions so quit all the talking about discipline and get some skills first.   

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:45:49 am
Tired of people talking about discipline lace your sneakers up head up against them and watch those guys eat you alive simple as that. A couple of other teams might have beat them last year too but did you make as far as they did in the state tournament? I think not. 2 "Freshmen" carried a team to state and loss to the eventual state champions so quit all the talking about discipline and get some skills first.   Dude they are good players but u are going to have to show me we're the dominated anybody!

trojanman

I didnt see him play last year but a skilled player with discipline is usually better than just a skilled player.

BirdCall

ctucker you don't think for two freshmen to average 20+ points in the 2A which is a slept on division that is really good and they lead their team to a 28-7 year. They beat Guy-Perkins by 30 which could have been a bad game for Guy because everybody knows that's not like them but it happened. Yea they loss to Clarendon by 4 at Clarendon have you ever been there lol home field advantage is crazy there just saying great atmosphere. Then Clarendon went to Lighthouse and got beat by a 20 piece from McDonald's so what happened that time? They then beat a tough EPC team in state that have at least 2-3 guys playing college ball right now so you gotta give them credit they dominated the 2A for freshmen. And Earle played EPC 4 times last year 2 times they were close games. Earle won another by 10+ and EPC won 1 game by 4 so EPC obviously was pretty good matter of fact I know they were. 

BirdCall

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 10:15:03 am
I didnt see him play last year but a skilled player with discipline is usually better than just a skilled player.
You are talking about a skilled player. I am talking about a 5 Star 2-guard that already has at least 6 D1 offers and 3 of those being High Major schools.

trojanman

so you are saying that if he added discipline to his game he would not be better than he is now? (not saying he isnt discipline because i dont know the kid)

Ctucker

I said they are good but they didn't dominate anything! We beat them by 11 and we played 4 tenth graders  that just one above the ninth.im glad these young men will get to play college ball. But quit saying they dominated!

BirdCall

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 10:32:44 am
so you are saying that if he added discipline to his game he would not be better than he is now? (not saying he isnt discipline because i dont know the kid)
Yea he would be better it could kill his killer instinct though and there are a lot of basketball players who don't have discipline though and they are doing just fine just saying.

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on October 31, 2017, 10:37:49 am
I said they are good but they didn't dominate anything! We beat them by 11 and we played 4 tenth graders  that just one above the ninth.im glad these young men will get to play college ball. But quit saying they dominated!
Who is we what team are you referring to and did you play at home or away or a neutral court? come with all the facts please?

Ctucker

Neautral district finals WCC

trojanman

So you cant have a killer instinct and still be a disciplined player? I'm not saying he isnt a really good player now but even LBJ has discipline and he is the best in the game

BirdCall

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 10:47:10 am
So you cant have a killer instinct and still be a disciplined player? I'm not saying he isnt a really good player now but even LBJ has discipline and he is the best in the game
Westbrook doesn't have much discipline and he won MVP last year. He might have a chance at the NBA title this year just saying.

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on October 31, 2017, 10:40:48 am
Neautral district finals WCC
You all lost to England in regionals and lighthouse beat England 4 times that year. You all had a great record but really didn't play anybody until district and up to be honest. Other than Glen rose, Estem, and Tuckerman that was competition. Best of luck to you this year though hopefully you don't have to play lighthouse cause I don't want any excuses when the outcome isn't what you thought it was going to be. ;D

trojanman

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 11:57:13 am
Westbrook doesn't have much discipline and he won MVP last year. He might have a chance at the NBA title this year just saying.

why do you think durant left? Westbrook win not win a championship anytime soon! take that one to the bank. That team ball in San Antonio or Golden State will run through OKC

BigLion10

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 12:31:03 pm
why do you think durant left? Westbrook win not win a championship anytime soon! take that one to the bank. That team ball in San Antonio or Golden State will run through OKC
Westbrook may never win a championship the way he plays lol. Monk never won a state title in Arkansas either

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legitimate contender on October 30, 2017, 06:19:12 am
Local team MT,will be there in the end.Not saying they will win it all,But,I do believe they will have a huge say in who dose.
MT should be pretty good this year. They were very young last year

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 12:07:19 pm
You all lost to England in regionals and lighthouse beat England 4 times that year. You all had a great record but really didn't play anybody until district and up to be honest. Other than Glen rose, Estem, and Tuckerman that was competition. Best of luck to you this year though hopefully you don't have to play lighthouse cause I don't want any excuses when the outcome isn't what you thought it was going to be. ;D
yep England beat us in overtime something Jacksonville lighthouse will not do!we will beat them again.

Ctucker

I'm sure we will play them in semis of district. I will not make excuses even if lighthouse but I don't see that happening!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 10:28:05 am
You are talking about a skilled player. I am talking about a 5 Star 2-guard that already has at least 6 D1 offers and 3 of those being High Major schools.

You credibility is shot, there are zero 5 star 2 guards in Arkansas. Go away now.

BirdCall

Quote from: trojanman on October 31, 2017, 12:31:03 pm
Durant left OKC because he wasn't the best player on his team and didn't like how Westbrook use to be on his back all the time which is a weak move to me.  Just how Kobe killed Dwight Howard confidence when he was in LA.

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 31, 2017, 12:32:12 pm
Westbrook may never win a championship the way he plays lol. Monk never won a state title in Arkansas either
It took a NLR super team to beat him his junior year and a scrappy Cabot team to beat him his senior year. He had no help what so ever.

BigLion10

October 31, 2017, 09:32:20 pm #49 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:34:25 pm by BigLion10
Don't forget about the  Reaves brothers at Cedar Ridge his freshman year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas